Why I no longer solo queue

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

Reasons:

1. Skyhammer: The map ruins the whole experience and causes rage for both teams.

2. Skyhammer.

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Ant.3415

Ant.3415

There isn’t a single reason to solo queue over team queue anyway. There should only be hot join and team queue.

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

There isn’t a single reason to solo queue over team queue anyway. There should only be hot join and team queue.

there is

i was last week rank 500 or something in teamQ – and i join ALWAYS solo

its sooo bad than to get matched with randoms vs full TEAM and to see this people in this teams are baddies and jsut win cause they sit in TS and farm

teamQ is broken

only reason to play it is no skyhammer and more rewards^^

in PvP

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Yup, same here.

Skyhammer single-handedly drove me away from SoloQ. Quite an achievement really.

There’s also less 4 vs. 5 in teamQ too, which is nice.

But seeing ANet’s reluctance to do anything about this is probably what hurts most.

in PvP

Posted by: Tranassa.4968

Tranassa.4968

@Romek
TeamQ is broken because you are abusing it as soloQ and loose vs premade Teams? Oo
Dat logic

@Topic
There is less reason to play soloQ
teamQ offers a similar experience and better rewards.
If you are good in any of the queues, then you get still the same rewards as bad players… (I know noone except me wants rewards in PvP, sry i’m greedy)
We really need some chance here… Leagues on the horizont! Btw. Where is the CDI for that?

I’m playing on EU
Automated Tournaments!

in PvP

Posted by: Lipstickxx.1043

Lipstickxx.1043

Don’t forget the amount of games where you get stuck in 4v5 matches….

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

@Romek
TeamQ is broken because you are abusing it as soloQ and loose vs premade Teams? Oo
Dat logic

no, because it is possible to join with lower than 5 people and so inflate the system + matchmaking

most teams in teamQ have higher mmr than they deserve and are on spots in leaderboard where they never should be

5 people teams only = fine

but as it is now its broken

(edited by Romek.4201)

in PvP

Posted by: Shar.3402

Shar.3402

Reasons:

1. Skyhammer: The map ruins the whole experience and causes rage for both teams.

2. Skyhammer.

+1

Shar Teel – Elementalist
Yolo queue FTW [YOLO] – Desolation (EU)
Champion Magus, Genius

in PvP

Posted by: Elitist.8701

Elitist.8701

I dont understand why people hate skyhammer, if some enemy takes it just tell an ele to tornado him out of the sky…

Best Multiclass NA. RIP my beautiful Necromancer, such a shame. Retired, April 2015. GG Anet,
I’m not coming back, not that you care.

in PvP

Posted by: apt.9184

apt.9184

there is

i was last week rank 500 or something in teamQ – and i join ALWAYS solo

its sooo bad than to get matched with randoms vs full TEAM and to see this people in this teams are baddies and jsut win cause they sit in TS and farm

teamQ is broken

only reason to play it is no skyhammer and more rewards^^

Not our fault there is no one else queing :p

Lil Apt
L2P deeez nutz

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.5027

Pyriall.5027

In its current incarnation, no. If they, in the future, decide to clean up team queues and allow for them to only be full teams then we would still need solo queue. Currently though, team queue, is just solo queue as a way to avoid Skyhammer (which is sad).

As commentary on Skyhammer, when I joined solo queue this morning. The match starts out as a 5 v 5. Two people on my team switch to engineers and literally 3 minutes into the match two people from the other team quit the match after getting knocked off the map. End result was a 3 v 5.

(edited by Pyriall.5027)

in PvP

Posted by: Khenzo.2465

Khenzo.2465

I’ve been soloq’ing on my 2nd account alot lately. And I have to say I’m literally on the verge of just afking every single Skyhammer game that pops. I seriously can not take this utter load of crap for a map anymore, I just can’t.

It’s either that or I’ll end up just stop PvPing all together and WvW roam for my PvP fix.

How is this map even still in the game in it’s current state is beyond me, these forums are littered in Skyhammer rage posts it’s unbelievable, and justified, this map is single handedly pushing me away from PvP. And lets be honest, if one single map is capable of pushing people away from an entire game mode then how about, I don’t know Anet….FIXING IT?

And I think one of the worst things about this map, is losing to people who are clearly inferior skill wise, just because you tanked one single cc by accident it’s game over, gg for you. WP? No, F off.

(edited by Khenzo.2465)

in PvP

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

3. Warrior

4. The rating system is absolutely kittened up.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in PvP

Posted by: Cyhann.2609

Cyhann.2609

What if we lower the Skyhammer area, so that instead of dying you just take a certain
amount of dmg, while having some of these spring things, to get back up to the platform.
Would this improve it for you? (If you ignore the cc balance)

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Only reason to do SoloQ is for the 2 daily achievement points. Otherwise I would never ever go there under any circumstances.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in PvP

Posted by: thaooo.5320

thaooo.5320

What if we lower the Skyhammer area, so that instead of dying you just take a certain
amount of dmg, while having some of these spring things, to get back up to the platform.
Would this improve it for you? (If you ignore the cc balance)

This would make it even worse

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in all MMOs.
Stop failing at PvE, and fix WvW/SPvP. Thank you.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Skyhammer & Spirit watch = lame solo queue