Why I won't watch Pro League today...

in PvP

Posted by: Manimarco Devil.1790

Manimarco Devil.1790

I think premades in general destroy the entire system and that’s anets fault. I am not against playing with friends but the idea of premades in such a MMR system is completely ridiculous. With the current league and MMR system, premades only lead to frustration and/or abuse.

High MMR players complaining about queue times is a completely nonsensical argument. The nature of MMR systems in general mean that there will always be less high skilled players at the top. The fact this leads to long queue times is the result of a weak/relatively low skill pvp population compared to the top players; something neither anet nor the “pros” care to address. The idea that it is then justified to group with less skilled players in order to game the system and find matches is absurd. Skill does not translate into wins linearly but exponentially. What I mean by that is the more skilled a player is compared to his opponent, that players chances of winnings increase EXPONENTIALLY. Which means by grouping 4 diamonds with an amber vs rubies + sapphires is a near auto win for the diamonds. Four members on one team out skill the players on the other side so the amber deficit is negligible. In essence, Anet has created a system where high skilled players are incentivized to screw over others to get rewards.

It’s also funny how this whole league system was created to reward PvPers and yet only makes me want to quit playing entirely. Being able to communicate when to rotate or when you need help is such an advantage for premades that at equal skill they will win. Even being able to choose your team comp will net you a win due to how poorly balanced classes are. I’ve seen plenty of “pro” teams who just premade in leagues with revenants or mesmers. I pretty much want to afk those matches entirely. I have no idea how these players justify premading. I guess they try to use the friendship argument, if this is acceptable then do not create the farce of skillful leagues or lock rewards behind them. Friendship > competition for a competitive game I suppose.

The only thing leagues has taught me is that Anet’s system sucks and even the “pros” don’t have a shred of competitive integrity. There are people who could have reached diamond and legendary through their own sheer skill but the desire the flex their kitten was so large that they decided to group up and abuse the system. Any competent game would have atleast limited premades to duos.

edit: there is no reason to reward such players by watching Pro leagues. Hopefully the viewership drops so they end up cancelling it in the future.

Battlelord Taeres

(edited by Manimarco Devil.1790)

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

“What I mean by that is the more skilled a player is compared to his opponent, that players chances of winnings increase EXPONENTIALLY. "

Yep, same in any sport. If you’re a varsity runner then a second faster than your opponent is tiny whereas at the Olympic level an entire second is a world of difference. Beginners and intermediates in chess make big glaring errors whereas an international master and grandmaster have indistinguishable levels of understanding despite a 300 point rating gap. Regular masters you can kinda know where their mistakes are but more often come up with good ideas that you wouldn’t consider, or have considered but underestimate their value relative to an actually inferior move or idea you’d choose in the game.

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

Unfortunately, the path of least resistance dominates society. Thus, people look for the easy way out, or up in this case.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Unfortunately, the path of least resistance dominates society. Thus, people look for the easy way out, or up in this case.

The path of least resistance is actually relevant in quantum physics too. One can argue that it’s the way of life.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in PvP

Posted by: OlrunTheBlade.1486

OlrunTheBlade.1486

Then don’t require players to grind matches that won’t pop for their rewards.

Captain of Never Lucky [NL]
Competitive Warrior, Ele, Mesmer, Ranger, Engineer, Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

Same. Anet usually punish exploiters but when it comes to pros, they turn a blind eye. That’s not good. Anet needs to step up and punish exploiters no matter who they are.

The only exploiters are MMR tankers. Otherwise there’s no rule stating you can’t team with lower ranked players in order to get faster queuing times. Is there anywhere in the ToS or CoD that prohibits such teams?

The pro league teams are making alt accounts with fresh MMR and league progression to exploit the matchmaking system.

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

they don’t. nobody plays on vanilla specs. what they do is either ask friends that don’t play much anymore, use alt accs that have HoT, use friend’s accs that have HoT but never play PvP or invite random amber guys from hearts of the mists.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in PvP

Posted by: OlrunTheBlade.1486

OlrunTheBlade.1486

You have to hit Rank 20 to do Ranked PvP. You really think they’re putting that much effort into it?

Captain of Never Lucky [NL]
Competitive Warrior, Ele, Mesmer, Ranger, Engineer, Thief

(edited by OlrunTheBlade.1486)

in PvP

Posted by: Manimarco Devil.1790

Manimarco Devil.1790

You have to hit Rank 20 to do Ranked PvP. You really think they’re putting that much effort into it?

Don’t be silly they just run around HoTM until someone who has no mmr accepts their invite. Case in point: any Noscoc vod.

Battlelord Taeres

in PvP

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

Wait …people actually WATCH this?

in PvP

Posted by: ChineseGoldSeller.5132

ChineseGoldSeller.5132

ahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaha qq.

in PvP

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Some of these players have over 10k matches played, getting to rank 20 is no effort at all in comparison… so the answer is yes.

in PvP

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

cuz monday night football is on.. & even not.. it’s monday.. noth said

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

You guys missed it, chat was AWESOME. As for the games, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

in PvP

Posted by: Chris.6089

Chris.6089

I hope Anet is watching that junk. It is sooooooooo boring~