Why do devs keep necros in this game?

in PvP

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

I mean unless its that class they need to have for when they want to beat something.

No doubt the devs are just constantly looking for fun ways to buff other classes while they sortof in the back of their minds try not to forget about that necro class. lol.

I just don’t understand this development team whatsoever. It just boggles my mind. I don’t get it lol.

Mesmers can do INSANE damage while also have INSANE mobility and INSANE stealth and blah blah blah.

oh but necros cant have any of that because…. uh….. because! Cuz they do other stuff! Like uhhh…

Wait what do necros do? lol hahahaahaha Seriously. What the hell do necros do? Whats their job? It can’t be to keep enemies from escaping. We all know thats not what their job is. Anyone can get away from a necromancer.

What do they do? Please. Anet can you tell me. I’m done trying to figure it out. I have no clue what this class is supposed to do anymore. What is your idea of balance because it’s not what any of us think it is.

Mesmers have no risk and are high reward. They can escape anything, have no cap to mobility, can deal stupid amounts of damage even while stealth…. What?

Necros are STILL the ONLY class in this game that requires outside help to function.

QQ Tell me I can’t figure it out since I started playing this class a year and a half ago. I don’t understand what the point is. Why can’t necros have oodles of mobility? You can’t come up with a reason.

Necromancers are not really a class. You never see them in tournament play. You don’t see them high up on the ladder yet Anet does everything in their power to keep them terrible.

They actually nerfed necros BEFORE mesemers. I’m just idk.

Waiting for revenant. Tired of playing the most underwhelming class in the game since devs seem to have no inspiration involving it whatsoever.

in PvP

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

you won’t have any luck with your revenant: slow cast times + little stability acces + little boon generaton + next to no stunbrekers = necro all over again.

EverythingOP

(edited by Tim.6450)

in PvP

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

To troll new meta Guardians?

Yesterday I did a 1v3 on point with my Necro and won within the first 3 seconds of the fight by popping a single skill. I dont even have damage, running full bunker. Their own guardian killed his two zerker buddies with burning and then he died shortly after as well.

I must admit, I laughed quite maniacally.

in PvP

Posted by: RlyOsim.2497

RlyOsim.2497

2 life bars

- Anet 2015

#5signets

The Ghost of Christmas Past

in PvP

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Necromancer feels like a really well-designed and fun class to me. All of the other classes are at fault for having extreme instant mobility, instant damage, high stealth, high evade/invuln/blind/block spam, etc. With Necro you get cast times that are dodgeable, you have counter-play to avoid their life force generation abilities, slower damaging condition application for an actual “attrition” style, etc.

I think it just might be one of the few things that really feels good. That just makes it feel bad.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in PvP

Posted by: RlyOsim.2497

RlyOsim.2497

“Watching Anet balance this game is like watching someone fall out of a wheelchair”

The Ghost of Christmas Past

in PvP

Posted by: The Wizland.8435

The Wizland.8435

Necro is lacking. It’s not THAT lacking. I’d rather people contribute to discussions and suggestions rather than just hating on the devs.

Jesusmancer

(edited by The Wizland.8435)

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

Necro has always felt like a counter class. depending on the spec, it can hard counter certain strong builds. However, they never have a build that can take on every type of class easily

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

I’m not agreeing or disagreeing with OP but just a few things

1)They don’t see the class like we do
2)The “necro theme” is preferred by them over balance
3)They are always to keep necro “in line” before action/live (hello rest of the game)
4)They overestimate DS that starts at zero LF before every match
5)Like someone mentioned necro is very different from the rest of the classes
6)They use perfect scenarios for balance

@The Wizland It’s not like we haven’t I wasn’t here since beta but those who were have been. They do read forums don’t they??

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

(edited by Sagat.3285)

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.1234

Tao.1234

There are some builds that shine over the other ones and make them look OP.

That’s where Necromancer comes – a balance indicator.

If Necromancer stomp that build, then it’s a gold proof that everything is balanced.

Balance2016soon.

Suspended for telling Like it is.
Anet gave birth to Gw2 – Anet killed Gw2.
Murican law 2015.

in PvP

Posted by: DanzelOPP.5068

DanzelOPP.5068

You are right.
the devs want you to be miserable in your class and only want the ones they deem worthy to succeed. They want people to be miserable and not want to play/buy things in their game.
#logic

B O I N K

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

I’ve find different necros in that 2 weeks. Condi necros can’t work very well, actually, why it’s slow condi application, but they can corrupt the enemy boons easy, making then in trouble.
Necr os a very good class for a team to destabilize the enemy team with different boon corruptions and wells.
Necro have low defence and if you play it berserker you can’t pretend to stay alive for a long time.
But you can do Insane damage if you play with a dps build with boon corruption and 80-100% critical rate in DS.

Try a soldier build with signets that corrupt boons and give might, the trait that make you cast the signet that transfer conditions when you have 3 or more, axe/x and staff. With the signet that give all that different conditions, the one that send back conditions and spectral walk or the skill that corrupt boons.
Firts you deal damage with staff and axe, then you active the signets and then go in DS with 50% critical rate, heal in DS and condi clean in DS.

Necro is forced to use DS and that’s a big problem, but if you use it well you can do very good.

Actually the necro have the role to corrupt boon on the target when you make a focus and spam 1 in DS to kill the enemy. And spam some fear sometimes, just to make the enemy run.

If you find a good necro, you have big trouble to kill him.
If you find a bad necro you’ve no need to active the healing skill.

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Necromancer feels like a really well-designed and fun class to me. All of the other classes are at fault for having extreme instant mobility, instant damage, high stealth, high evade/invuln/blind/block spam, etc. With Necro you get cast times that are dodgeable, you have counter-play to avoid their life force generation abilities, slower damaging condition application for an actual “attrition” style, etc.

I think it just might be one of the few things that really feels good. That just makes it feel bad.

Having played every class to 80 and played more then a thousand hours of PvP (much of it with necro) I can say with certainty that necro is the worst designed class in the game.

Life force generation scales very badly vs multiple opponents
Shroud also does not scale vs multiple opponents unlike other classes defenses (in many cases it actually counters other defenses/survivability mechanics)

Both of these ^ things are supposed to be used as both defense & offense.

Honestly until they do 3 things necro will never be balanced

1: Make life force generation static like energy regeneration or adrenaline (make it start at half and slowly return to half outside of combat)

2: Scrap shroud and turn its different skills into F1-F4 skills that fill different purposes & consume a set % of life force to do them. Also add an F5 skill that consumes life force per second to absorb or reduce damage with Cd adjusted to be a balanced one.

3: Since the “second life bar” argument can no longer be made add boons & other support mechanics to the class that consume life force to function.

After those 3 things necro would be fun, balanced and flexible depending on gear and trait choice.

in PvP

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

The devs do care about necro. How else are you going to learn PvP without a tutorial class?

Look at it, Necro has no blocks, evades, extra dodges, invulnerabilities or reflects.
It has poor in combat mobility so it won’t get away from you.

But you say “Necro has two health bars” and that’s somewhat correct.
It’s obvious that the Necro has high health and access to the “second” health bar only to prolong the fight so you can learn to use your blocks, evades, extra dodges, invulnerabilities and reflects.

But you say that a Necro can transfer condis better than anyone else.
Yes that’s true, but how else are you going to learn when to use your own condi clears?
Throw a few condis on a Necro, you’ll either get them back and you can learn when to cleanse or you won’t get them back and you will win a quick fight.

Also with well telegraphed long cast time skills you get to practice interrupting. It also helps that Necros have long cooldowns so you don’t have to worry about not being ready when it’s time to practice again.

The wells teach you to stay out of the red circles.

And which class will you want to practice your teams CC burst rotations on? You guessed it, a Necro.

Just look at how much thought the devs put into designing the Necro class

in PvP

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

The devs do care about necro. How else are you going to learn PvP without a tutorial class?

Look at it, Necro has no blocks, evades, extra dodges, invulnerabilities or reflects.
It has poor in combat mobility so it won’t get away from you.

But you say “Necro has two health bars” and that’s somewhat correct.
It’s obvious that the Necro has high health and access to the “second” health bar only to prolong the fight so you can learn to use your blocks, evades, extra dodges, invulnerabilities and reflects.

But you say that a Necro can transfer condis better than anyone else.
Yes that’s true, but how else are you going to learn when to use your own condi clears?
Throw a few condis on a Necro, you’ll either get them back and you can learn when to cleanse or you won’t get them back and you will win a quick fight.

Also with well telegraphed long cast time skills you get to practice interrupting. It also helps that Necros have long cooldowns so you don’t have to worry about not being ready when it’s time to practice again.

The wells teach you to stay out of the red circles.

And which class will you want to practice your teams CC burst rotations on? You guessed it, a Necro.

Just look at how much thought the devs put into designing the Necro class

Hahah necros are mobile shadow boxers. We can’t do any huge dmg other than reflecting condis back… And are dmg sponges, so fire away

in PvP

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

cry more. cele necro is really strong for pvp ATM
(they have 4skills and 1 trait that converts 2 boonds into condis+ remove condis trait while sending back conditions to enemies constantly; goodpower and condi dmg)

(edited by Kicker.8203)

in PvP

Posted by: tenklo.6104

tenklo.6104

I’m here to defend necros… I run a cele necro…best sustain amulet. I run the boon flipping signet…and chill traits for being the most trolly…also staff dagger/ focus….. Focus 5 will strip boon..and staff 4 with place signet will transfer Condi to foe… And dagger 2 and signet of locust and also signet of vaprism for lifsteal….

Only thing that can kill me relatively fast is that mes build but ur still loking over Amin to kill me …..i can usle tank a point against 2-3 people for a while depending on the situation

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP:

Try another class if necro isn’t working for you. Necro can be really good. Your issue is that you are probably trying to play the old meta builds and things have changed. Adapt.

in PvP

Posted by: Jaetara.4075

Jaetara.4075

OMG Necros are so OP right now, they kill in seconds and if not they just cannot die, they can tank 3 people and kill 1 of them, I saw it in many different matches, it is CRAZY! They are constantly on Death shroud dealing insane damage. They are so broken, so OP, I used to win them 1v1 80% of the times now I kill only some noobs… this is just sad.

in PvP

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Necromancers are a very strong class right now, as long as you’re skilled enough to understand proper cooldown management, positioning, and general teamfight strategies in conquest. You have absolutely no right to complain about necromancer if you’re at fault for not being good enough to play it to its stregths. It doesn’t need any nerfs for sure as its very well balanced right now. The only buffs I can think of are to siphoning mechanics, receiving ally heal in DS, and a complete overhaul of the axe weapon. Plus reaper takes everything that sucked about vanilla DS for a power or hybrid build, and will make it 1000 times better with high stability uptime and good cleaving DPS, and potential synergy with decimate defenses, unyielding blast, and dhuumfire.

Overall I’d say the biggest weakness to necromancer is the lack of ranged pressure outside of DS. Proper positioning, and knowing when to enter and leave fights is all you really need to avoid being focus fired.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in PvP

Posted by: Vapour.7348

Vapour.7348

OMG Necros are so OP right now, they kill in seconds and if not they just cannot die, they can tank 3 people and kill 1 of them, I saw it in many different matches, it is CRAZY! They are constantly on Death shroud dealing insane damage. They are so broken, so OP, I used to win them 1v1 80% of the times now I kill only some noobs… this is just sad.

The ones that could kill in seconds cannot tank 3 people and the ones that can tank 3 people cannot kill in seconds. They’re not broken. Please L2P before making ridiculous comments about them being broken OMG CRAZY! OP.

I know you are unaware of the fact that necros start each match with no LF and power builds have very little defense

Mini Unagi – Iuther – Iiq – Trend – lancaster

in PvP

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

Attack the minions instead of the necro…

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

OMG Necros are so OP right now, they kill in seconds and if not they just cannot die, they can tank 3 people and kill 1 of them, I saw it in many different matches, it is CRAZY! They are constantly on Death shroud dealing insane damage. They are so broken, so OP, I used to win them 1v1 80% of the times now I kill only some noobs… this is just sakitten

he only one who thinks this is hyperbole?

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Dunno why it’s cutting out the first parts of my posts….

Last post should say “am I the only one who thinks this is hyperbole”

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

(edited by NeXeD.3042)

in PvP

Posted by: eureeka.5368

eureeka.5368

My understanding of the direction of necro is a counter class, the mobility is not horrible, but not the best either. We now have access to 100% up time to return conditions. Trait into signets and you gain 4, dagger off hand makes 5, and the staff would give you 6 as well as you can trait into a passive minor that will transfer when you reach a certain hp that is 7 total. please tell me you can manage 7 cool downs?? Make yourself tanky to direct damage with runes and amulet. What are they going to kill you with?? Proper management of your death shroud, should make you next to unkillable. Unless they dog pile you and i smile when that happens because it means i take pressure off my team. is a win win. go necro go

in PvP

Posted by: L Step.8659

L Step.8659

Main problem is anything it does isn’t as good as anything else. Yeah it can do great zerker damage, but has the least amount of active defense so it’s the easiest zerker to kill.

Yeah they have a bunkery build now but it has almost no support (just gimmicky stuff at most) or damage. You’d be 100x better off bringing an ele or bunker guard.

They are also the slowest profession in game at getting around points so that hurts in conquest.

Even the signet build right now, it’ll melt any condi build but those are rare and it’ll still suffer from lack of active defense like every build and almost no mobility.

Let’s also not forget we have no heal any other profession would even want. Aside from CC but that’s been nerfed when it needed buffed. The cast time made it already counterable by any monkey with a brain pre nerf.

Which comes to another problem. Everything has a 10 year cast time. Add in utilities with too high cds, badly designed weapons, and being a ping pong ball and then yeah.

Sure if you’re not high end PvP things have gotten better, but there’s still no place for a necro up there. I’m sure if NA had a better scene even Nos would stop.

All this said I think we did pass the poor rangers up in PvP, and they need more love atm than anything.

ReRolled [Re] GvG Hero/Wannabe

Best NA rallybot on EU

in PvP

nearlight.3064

My understanding of the direction of necro is a counter class, the mobility is not horrible, but not the best either. We now have access to 100% up time to return conditions. Trait into signets and you gain 4, dagger off hand makes 5, and the staff would give you 6 as well as you can trait into a passive minor that will transfer when you reach a certain hp that is 7 total. please tell me you can manage 7 cool downs?? Make yourself tanky to direct damage with runes and amulet. What are they going to kill you with?? Proper management of your death shroud, should make you next to unkillable. Unless they dog pile you and i smile when that happens because it means i take pressure off my team. is a win win. go necro go

This is a good post but you misunderstand. Signets of suffering makes signets corrupt, not transfer, meaning that with curses, plague sig, and staff you get 3 transfers (which is enough) and warhorn is a bit more useful than OH dagger.

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

in PvP

Tim.6450

Dunno why it’s cutting out the first parts of my posts….

Last post should say “am I the only one who thinks this is hyperbole”

Maybe not. He could confuse plague with death shroud and when the necro downs someone when tanking against 3 people it could be because one of the many transfers.

EverythingOP

in PvP

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

Necro can feel like a beast vs new or lower skilled players, Necro can feel like the worst class I the game vs players who can use interupts well, or have high mobility and choose to reset constantly, or have insanely high burst.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in PvP

Posted by: Slapinator.4196

Slapinator.4196

That sums pretty much every other profession.

in PvP

Posted by: Shadow.1345

Shadow.1345

I don’t think necro is OP but they’re definitely not UP anymore either. The tanky ones might not be able to kill fast but they certainly can hold on to a point really well. The ones that can do a lot of damage might be glass but they hurt like hell. I wish I had a screenshot of it but I have had one criting me for 4k with Life Blast. As someone else said, if you don’t like the lack of mobility and stability then by all means play another class but don’t expect the devs to change the class just because you have a love affair with being a gothy necromancer but want it to play like an elementalist.

in PvP

nearlight.3064

And lets not forget that reaper will give necromancer very high stability uptime with the 3 skill. It will have less access to on demand fear, but at this point I’d rather have 8 seconds of pulsing 3 second stability every 17 seconds (traited with vital persistance) than more fear, since the warhorn, staff mark, and GS pull would all fulfill that gap in CC when stopping rezzes or stomps.

So to those of you crying about necro having no stability right now, your tears will surely evaporate when the expansion finally releases.

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

in PvP

Tim.6450

I wish I had a screenshot of it but I have had one criting me for 4k with Life Blast.

4K isn’t that much considering it takes around one and a half second to “cast” (1 second cast around 0.5 second after cast).

EverythingOP

in PvP

Tim.6450

And lets not forget that reaper will give necromancer very high stability uptime with the 3 skill. It will have less access to on demand fear, but at this point I’d rather have 8 seconds of pulsing 3 second stability every 17 seconds (traited with vital persistance) than more fear, since the warhorn, staff mark, and GS pull would all fulfill that gap in CC when stopping rezzes or stomps.

So to those of you crying about necro having no stability right now, your tears will surely evaporate when the expansion finally releases.

Well it’s not 8 seconds if you’re opponent can burst you out of it in less time. And it may be every 25 seconds not 17, it depends if the cooldown works like spectral walk or death shroud .

EverythingOP

in PvP

nearlight.3064

Well it’s not 8 seconds if you’re opponent can burst you out of it in less time. And it may be every 25 seconds not 17, it depends if the cooldown works like spectral walk or death shroud .

Thats a good point. But everything in theory works different practice. The point is reaper will have stability to complement the new shroud skills well. It will depend on building enough life force to make it count, but I think blighter’s boon has the best potential for filling that role.

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Because they need a villain class for all the heroes to beat on?

All joking aside, the new specialization looks pretty cool.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in PvP

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

If you think necro has no mobility you’re playing it wrong. They have 3 skills available to boost run speed plus traits. Use them.

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

If you think necro has no mobility you’re playing it wrong. They have 3 skills available to boost run speed plus traits. Use them.

Run speed =/= mobility necro just has little mobility.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

uhohhotdog.3598

It’s a large part of it. Mobile is being able to get around. What do you want to do? Teleport around like a thief? They have a few teleports too. I don’t know what you want.

in PvP

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

It’s a large part of it. Mobile is being able to get around. What do you want to do? Teleport around like a thief? They have a few teleports too. I don’t know what you want.

Mobility in the context of PvP is not Swiftness, while Swiftness uptime is reasonably important it is not essential. When talking about mobility, assume everyone has permanent Swiftness and then count in skills that can make you go faster than a player just running with Swiftness. To do this you generally have to use blinks and leaps. We will get a somewhat spammable leap in the Reaper spec come HoT, if it is enough remains to be seen.

in PvP

Posted by: Scambug.3502

Scambug.3502

Meanwhile I see just as many Necros if not more in ranked sPvP than I do Mesmers. I know that’s not necessarily a clear cut indication of their power level but if they were truly as useless as OP says I’m sure I’d see way less of them.
And as some one else mentioned, they hard counter burn guards, which is what I happen to main, so I know for a fact they do have at least one purpose.

in PvP

uhohhotdog.3598

Mobility in the context of PvP is not Swiftness, while Swiftness uptime is reasonably important it is not essential. When talking about mobility, assume everyone has permanent Swiftness and then count in skills that can make you go faster than a player just running with Swiftness. To do this you generally have to use blinks and leaps. We will get a somewhat spammable leap in the Reaper spec come HoT, if it is enough remains to be seen.

There’s little reason for gap closers as a necro. Used ranged spells. You have cripples and chills. Death shroud 2 teleports you to the target. Staff 3 chills. War horn 5 ( or is that considered 2?) cripples nearby targets as well as speed boost. Axe skills have a 600 range which is pretty far for melee. There’s others I can’t remember off the top of my head. If you’re having problems you’re playing it wrong.

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

There’s little reason for gap closers as a necro. Used ranged spells. You have cripples and chills. Death shroud 2 teleports you to the target. Staff 3 chills. War horn 5 ( or is that considered 2?) cripples nearby targets as well as speed boost. Axe skills have a 600 range which is pretty far for melee. There’s others I can’t remember off the top of my head. If you’re having problems you’re playing it wrong.

Cripples and Chills don’t help you get between points to aid your ally.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

“Watching Anet balance this game is like watching someone fall out of a wheelchair”

It’s hilarious and you feel bad about laughing?

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

in PvP

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

I’m happy with where necromancers are.

I only disagree with the notion that we have to have bad mobility. I feel like mobility is a very clutch advantage, and I would gladly give up any mechanic we have for it.

My last request is that Signet of Undeath be made an elite skill, and wouldn’t mind it getting replaced with lich form.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in PvP

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

I don’t see it.

My necro has 25% constant runspeed. My necro is very tanky and has five minions to confuse his enemies and to draw conditions from him and give them to him, they also heal im and they give him thougness.
He grants a small buff of healing to his team and he can chill, fear and root his escaping enemies. When my necro is in danger he can shroud himself and survive alittle longer to escape, stomp, or just hold cap for a little while longer to get help from incoming team. Not only is my necromancer sturdy but he delivers a good punch of damage also.

Now my Necromancer does not use lichform and can’t CC and one shot like Mesmers can, can’t burn you like Guardians can and he can’t Clobber the guts out of his enemies like Warriors can. But most of us here on the forums beleaves that these stuff are not inteded and will be fixed. After that I fear that my Necro build could be in the zone of a nerfing due to good survivability and good damage just like Cele Ele.

Edit:

you won’t have any luck with your revenant: slow cast times + little stability acces + little boon generaton + next to no stunbrekers = necro all over again.

Revenants are Beta at the moment and can change alot before they have the final results so making a statement like that is wierd. Though you could (if you havent allready) go to the Revenant section and Suggest to fix these things.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

(edited by EdgarMTanaka.7291)

in PvP

Posted by: jalmari.3906

jalmari.3906

To answer the original question they need something to nerf. That’s why necro is there.

Also necro makes nice target practice and it’s really cool in pve.

Guardian 80 Necromancer 80 Ranger 80 Mesmer 80 Elementalist 80 Warrior 80

in PvP

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

I think Anet broke their own rules when it comes to balancing classes or at least I think Anet has some serious issues with double standards. This whole, “oh we don’t want to buff a class to much so they become op” is one of the biggest load of crap I have seen and calls into question their model of balance and sense of integrity. Mesmers are over the top and classes with a high degree of access to burning have turned to game into a joke. Double standards, low integrity, and class favoritism is gross in this game. Are they turning this game into a first person shooter?

I mean when Necro gained dhuumfire for the first time and had it on crit, it never, at any point achieved the level of burning damage that is running rampant in this game right now, yet Necro is still recovering from the over nerf to condi damage after acqiring dhuumfire even in its current kittenty form. No respect for Anet and it’s blatant class favoritism and double standards.

I now regret paying for HOT because it’s just going to get worse. Anet’s favorite classes will power jump through the roof instead of just creep. Bad form Anet, bad form.

in PvP

Posted by: blitzkrieg.2451

blitzkrieg.2451

I mean unless its that class they need to have for when they want to beat something.

No doubt the devs are just constantly looking for fun ways to buff other classes while they sortof in the back of their minds try not to forget about that necro class. lol.

I just don’t understand this development team whatsoever. It just boggles my mind. I don’t get it lol.

Mesmers can do INSANE damage while also have INSANE mobility and INSANE stealth and blah blah blah.

oh but necros cant have any of that because…. uh….. because! Cuz they do other stuff! Like uhhh…

Wait what do necros do? lol hahahaahaha Seriously. What the hell do necros do? Whats their job? It can’t be to keep enemies from escaping. We all know thats not what their job is. Anyone can get away from a necromancer.

What do they do? Please. Anet can you tell me. I’m done trying to figure it out. I have no clue what this class is supposed to do anymore. What is your idea of balance because it’s not what any of us think it is.

Mesmers have no risk and are high reward. They can escape anything, have no cap to mobility, can deal stupid amounts of damage even while stealth…. What?

Necros are STILL the ONLY class in this game that requires outside help to function.

QQ Tell me I can’t figure it out since I started playing this class a year and a half ago. I don’t understand what the point is. Why can’t necros have oodles of mobility? You can’t come up with a reason.

Necromancers are not really a class. You never see them in tournament play. You don’t see them high up on the ladder yet Anet does everything in their power to keep them terrible.

They actually nerfed necros BEFORE mesemers. I’m just idk.

Waiting for revenant. Tired of playing the most underwhelming class in the game since devs seem to have no inspiration involving it whatsoever.

Noscoc in the abjured team (NUMBER 1 TEAM IN NA AND HE CONTRIBUTES ALOT TO THE TEAM) comp, enough said. He wrecks with necro, why can’t you? The kittening by necro would be fine if there wasn’t Noscoc who has set an example for other necros and has shown time and time again that necro is viable with both power and condi builds, but all you do is whine and complain about your class and how it’s not viable. Get good , seriously.

Tanbin – Ranger / Thief / Ele
Maguuma

in PvP

Posted by: Zefrost.3425

Zefrost.3425

Noscoc doesn’t matter and his team would do better if he didn’t play necromancer. The class is garbage now more than ever. The insane buff to signets doesn’t fix that.

Arenanet have no idea how to play necromancer at a high skill level – they balance it around their own level of noobness. Consume conditions did not need 3 nerfs all at the same time. Once you start to actually become good at the class and fight high skilled players, you needed to cover your consume condition heal every time or you WOULD get interrupted. Whether you covered it with blind, foot in the grave or knew the opponent had no CC left.

Now you can kill yourself with consume conditions. Sweet. 30 second cooldown too, awsum. Now you can panic for another 5 seconds hoping your opponent lets you heal without covering your heal while at 1392 HP.

If necromancer didn’t receive such stupid signet buffs (boon conversion, trait merge, passive procs, signet cooldowns lowered, etc.) not a single soul would be defending the necromancer today lol.