Why do people complain about DH

in PvP

Posted by: chibbi.3706

chibbi.3706

When rev is still a million times more OP ?

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Revs have huge weakness – which is condis. Revs are also not exactly easy to play to be effective nor can they deny point (force enemy off point) so easy as DH does. DH on other hand is turret engi vol. 2, just with more player input.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

Why rev is obvious the OP class, it’s the new one.
Also the rev need to be played with a little of head (still not too much), instead a DH can be played by every noob with a little of practice and be really dangerous with few really strong skills that don’t require any kind of head to be played (like place traps in mid after win the fight, just to be able to spam them again in the exact moment they’re activated, inflicting a insane amount of AoE damage with seriously no head to play it)

in PvP

chibbi.3706

Maybe, but when the player can play rev it’s kittening ridiculous. Insane damage, sustain, mobility, boon sharing.
Maybe they’re “weak” to condis, but they’re total godmode vs non condi. And they’re not even THAT weak to condis tbh.

DH is a gimmicky class that’s super easy to deal with if you don’t play mindlessly.

in PvP

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

Simply put, the point you poke yourself with most gets the cursing.

To be a thorn in the side as a DH requires a far lower skill floor and so consequently there are far more out there.

Plus I think people just hate losing control of their toons, its quie frustrating and DH’s have a lot of daze, yank, CC, knockback potential. This gets exponentially harder to deal with when there are two of them. And there will be because see point 1 about skill floor.

(edited by shion.2084)

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

The biggest complaints are always reserved for the highest reward-lowest risk build that is easy to play.

Yes, rev is still OP, along with just about every HoT spec (including tempest and daredevil). However, revs terrorize higher-level play, while DH terrorize almost levels.

Even when DH aren’t very good, they drop so many particle effects, instant interrupts, and crap onto a point that it becomes nearly impossible to tell what is even going on beyond “big ball of crap on point.”

All of these problems are the same problems that have always been there:
- Too many procs
- Too many instants
- Too much AoE
- Too many overloaded skills (esp. those that are both offense AND defense)

These all combine to remove the active part of combat, as every skill is doing too much, rather than a few hard-hitting skills being offset in power by having a big animation. There was a time when the game had “big hit = big animation.” However, not every class played by these rules, and Anet has gradually just pushed everything towards instants.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

The biggest complaints points more towards Matchmaking’s poor quality. Anet said they’re aware and will address matchmaking’s issues.

If it was 1 DH per team then ya, DH becomes less of a problem. But when you have unfavorable matchups where there’s lopsided team compositions then of course it becomes a bad experience.

It’s easy to point fingers at a single, pupular class, but there’s obviously other outliers like poor Matchmaking that’s really blowing things out of proportion.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Because DH’s are noobstompers.

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

DH simply has a much much lower skill floor than Revs.
You will see way more decent DHs than decent Revs.

in PvP

chibbi.3706

I realize i’m probably very biased against rev as a warrior player (base warrior, which makes it even worse).

But tbh I find DH rather enjoyable to fight. They have obvious tells to both their offense and defense, and if you play well they eventually run out of defense. Druids for example are a LOT more annoying to fight imo.

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

I realize i’m probably very biased against rev as a warrior player (base warrior, which makes it even worse).

But tbh I find DH rather enjoyable to fight. They have obvious tells to both their offense and defense, and if you play well they eventually run out of defense. Druids for example are a LOT more annoying to fight imo.

If you are a warrior and spec for high unblockable uptime, then DH is not that much a problem for you.

in PvP

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

Yep assuming your vanilla warrior is power based this is at least a bit of scissors complaining about rock while finding paper fine. For instance someone who only plays condi Mesmer would see dh and warrior as much more op then Rev. Power war/guard are scissors, Rev is rock, condi mes/condi war are paper.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

in PvP

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

People complain about DHs for the same reason people have complained about thieves and mesmers since the start of the game: they really hate getting killed by something they can’t see. That will always be the case, regardless of whether that something is overpowered or underpowered.

in PvP

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

My advice against DH is to fight cheap with cheap.

When going against multiple DH, I swap to my core trap ranger build with signet of stone. With some practice and help from you pets (owl and drake), you could literally 1v2 DH.

I also play this build with the smallest possible asura so most of my pets are bigger than me.

DH is a low skill cap build aimed at getting PVErs to PVP. It’s quite annoying but in a way, it’s needed to attract more people to pvp. If they really bother you, I suggest you try my trap ranger build. You do not need HoT to play it and will always have the last laugh vs DH.

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in PvP

Posted by: R O C.6574

R O C.6574

When going against multiple DH, I swap to my core trap ranger build with signet of stone. With some practice and help from you pets (owl and drake), you could literally 1v2 DH.

I also play this build with the smallest possible asura so most of my pets are bigger than me.

DH is a low skill cap build aimed at getting PVErs to PVP. It’s quite annoying but in a way, it’s needed to attract more people to pvp. If they really bother you, I suggest you try my trap ranger build. You do not need HoT to play it and will always have the last laugh vs DH.

Another good trick w/ ranger is to name your pet the exact same name as your character.

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

People complain about DHs for the same reason people have complained about thieves and mesmers since the start of the game: they really hate getting killed by something they can’t see. That will always be the case, regardless of whether that something is overpowered or underpowered.

Pretty much

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

When rev is still a million times more OP ?

1.)Lol @ rev being a million times more OP.
2.) People complain about DH for the same reason they complained about Thief and Engie.

a.) Their whole playstyle revolves around zone capture, which slants their combat effectiveness against any other class in PVP (conquest) for the lower and mid level divisions. Just like with turret engie, being able to command a point-sized zone with fire and forget dps, blocks, and unevadable pulls can really get on people’s nerves. There really isn’t any counterplay to “Just avoid the trap” when the trap is invisible and sits on a point you NEED to stand on to even contribute to your team.

b.) elaboration on -the trap is invisible-. Most classes in this game have a particular tell to indicate that a skill is happening, will happen, or has happened. most skills in the game that fall under the latter sphere are autos, utility or defensive skills, but DH traps do significant dps. DPS + no telegraph = generally not fun to play against, lose to, or learn from.

Yes, I know making a trap visible defeats the purpose, but just framing the dislike here.
Generally, traps should do less DPS and the guardian needs to have active participation in a fight to get their DPS in.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in PvP

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

DH traps are borked is the reason. They last too long, timer resets upon use rather than activation, they encompass entire nodes on some maps, require minimal trait investment for solid damage, have no effective range and their damage stacks.

Passive AoE damage is a ridiculous mechanic and should have serious trade offs. The skill level to play it is absurdly easy and the requisite skill to counter it is difficult. The entire build revolves around pressing 3 buttons then going turtle.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in PvP

Kuya.6495

People have been complaining about full trapper since last year and anet has consistently nerfed traps since then. But traps haven’t been buffed so the reinvigorated hysteria over dh has been mostly reignited by their resurgent popularity due to the new viable builds.

in PvP

Cynz.9437

People have been complaining about full trapper since last year and anet has consistently nerfed traps since then. But traps haven’t been buffed so the reinvigorated hysteria over dh has been mostly reignited by their resurgent popularity due to the new viable builds.

wat?

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Most of the complaints on here are really just politics and pandering. It’s “I like this, make it better.” and " I hate that, make it worse." There’s little honest discussion on here about balance. There’s even less honest discussion about builds and play style. Far too much ego goes into that discussion.

DH is a well balanced bunker right now. It’s a Guardian, if any profession should be able to hold a point, it’s them. Not an Ele or a Mesmer, those we poorly balanced and out of character.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in PvP

Cynz.9437

Most of the complaints on here are really just politics and pandering. It’s “I like this, make it better.” and " I hate that, make it worse." There’s little honest discussion on here about balance. There’s even less honest discussion about builds and play style. Far too much ego goes into that discussion.

DH is a well balanced bunker right now. It’s a Guardian, if any profession should be able to hold a point, it’s them. Not an Ele or a Mesmer, those we poorly balanced and out of character.

Bunker that does more dmg than pure dmg build. Where does it leave pure dmg classes/builds then?

All is Vain~

in PvP

abc.5790

Another good trick w/ ranger is to name your pet the exact same name as your character.

The cheapness of that trick is next-level. I like it.

Ok, I will change my drake’s name from: Ex Girlfriends Mom to my character’s name.

+1

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in PvP

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

You know DH could stand to take a few nerfs. Symbol Damage on one-handers going down, Shaving a second or a second in a half could of Shield of Courage could help too, though Anet is probably going to nerf traps more. Also I’ve gotten around playing base guardian again, and find Wings of Resolve being shorter CD than actual traited Virtue of Resolve a bit iffy. Design was said DH was supposed to be a selfish spec. In short if they’re going to hold true to what was expected, i’d say the active effects of virtues should be selfish, Wings of Resolve should only affect yourself, as well as Shield of Courage. But you know this is only assuming that everything else remains the same in terms of amulets. I’ll bet if you put something equivalent to Dire or Merc amulet in the mode you’ll find necro back inside the meta, and a flood of condi chornos, and condi zerkers. You can say all you want about how badly designed you think DH is, but don’t think other classes are designed any better.

Thief players saying we have too many passives, there’s only 2, Valorous Defense, which is 1 block at 50% and Hunter’s Determination which I think should really go. Bringing in passives of virtues, they’re more used for their actives instead of their passives, unless you’re saying they make such a major impact with, 2s of burn every 5 stirkes, 87-108 healing every second, or 1 aegis every 30-40s. And complaining about instants? Kinda like Steal on thieves, Shadowstep and attacks from stealth? Or Charged Mesmer Mantras? Pretty sure we’re not the only class with instant abilities.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

DH and Necro are two classes that are super easy to play. There’s a relatively low skill cap. But if you faceroll 1-8, you can wipe much higher skill cap classes with relative ease.

That’s why people complain. People may complain about rev, engi, thief, or mesmer, but they have the higher skill caps and take more effort to play well.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

Because at least you can hit a Rev every now and then. When fighting a DHs, all you see is “blockblockblockevadeevadeevadeblockblockblockimmuneimmuneimmuneblockblockblockandbacktofullhealthblockblockblockrepeat”. Of course it’s not really like that and if you’re decent, you’ll hit one quite often, but it’s usually insignificant without perfect play, yet they don’t need to try as hard to kill you. It just feels so cheap to fight. In other words, it’s not fun to fight. It’s also why people hate fighting Thieves and Mesmers. They are annoying. The more annoying a profession is to fight against, the more that players hate them.

Now you’ll also notice that DH gets way more hate than Thieves, even though they are less annoying to fight. Know why? Neither do I. I would rather fight triple DH teams than triple Thief teams, or triple Mesmer. Hell, anything other than Thieves!

in PvP

Saiyan.1704

You know DH could stand to take a few nerfs.

A few nerfs in relation to… Revs? Rangers? Engi’s? Eles? Three of the said classes (arguably) counter us completely. Nerfing DH would mean a change to the above classes as well, for the sake of trinity balances.

We’re inefficient in gluing ourselves to mobile players, it’s why certain DH players use LB. It’s also why we’re often dependent on F1 and ToF landing. With out these we’re basically Warriors the day HoT was released.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Kuya.6495

I imagine that when i run menders symbolic in pvp, the uninformed probably think i have infinite f3s and that it lasts a million years, rather than realizing i’m chaining mace 3>focus 4>focus 5>shield 4> sword 2>dodge>f3>dodge> fragment of faith. If i wana use f2, i need to drop fragments and focus 5 in order to avoid getting downed mid jump, and i save f3 for dropping purification. Whether i use f3 proactively or not depends on whether i need to use it to cleanse (fighting a necro, condi war, condi mes) or whether i need it to secure a purification drop and give me some space to maneaver just in case the enemy is smart enough to not approach. But you can’t wait too long to use f3 for cleanses because it wont cleanse fast enough if you get loaded with condis which is where contemplation of purity comes in as an energy condi cleanser.

Speaking of which, just a few weeks ago, i was running medi trapper since my team was bruiser heavy, and i took down the enemy ele and rev and the rev started ranting about full trapper guards and their trap stacking. Pretty much reminded me of this forum.

in PvP

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

You know DH could stand to take a few nerfs.

A few nerfs in relation to… Revs? Rangers? Engi’s? Eles? Three of the said classes (arguably) counter us completely. Nerfing DH would mean a change to the above classes as well, for the sake of trinity balances.

We’re inefficient in gluing ourselves to mobile players, it’s why certain DH players use LB. It’s also why we’re often dependent on F1 and ToF landing. With out these we’re basically Warriors the day HoT was released.

This is assuming of course those other classes are tuned as well, not just guardian, and assuming we stay in a completely glass meta. Not to mention I doubt Anet will fix class stacking by next season. We got QoL changes which opened up different build variations. I’m happy with that, there’s still a bit of work to be done still, but if we’re staying in a glassy meta, without babysitters like Eles were for the past few seasons, and other top dog classes get nerfed, we can take a bit of tweaking.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

wat?

ToF has literally been nerfed 4 times since HoT launch if you include the trait nerf

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

in PvP

Cynz.9437

You know DH could stand to take a few nerfs. Symbol Damage on one-handers going down, Shaving a second or a second in a half could of Shield of Courage could help too, though Anet is probably going to nerf traps more. Also I’ve gotten around playing base guardian again, and find Wings of Resolve being shorter CD than actual traited Virtue of Resolve a bit iffy. Design was said DH was supposed to be a selfish spec. In short if they’re going to hold true to what was expected, i’d say the active effects of virtues should be selfish, Wings of Resolve should only affect yourself, as well as Shield of Courage. But you know this is only assuming that everything else remains the same in terms of amulets. I’ll bet if you put something equivalent to Dire or Merc amulet in the mode you’ll find necro back inside the meta, and a flood of condi chornos, and condi zerkers. You can say all you want about how badly designed you think DH is, but don’t think other classes are designed any better.

Thief players saying we have too many passives, there’s only 2, Valorous Defense, which is 1 block at 50% and Hunter’s Determination which I think should really go. Bringing in passives of virtues, they’re more used for their actives instead of their passives, unless you’re saying they make such a major impact with, 2s of burn every 5 stirkes, 87-108 healing every second, or 1 aegis every 30-40s. And complaining about instants? Kinda like Steal on thieves, Shadowstep and attacks from stealth? Or Charged Mesmer Mantras? Pretty sure we’re not the only class with instant abilities.

Piercing light is not passive anymore? Because this one, combined with hunter’s defense negates any kind of engage on DH or any attempt on trying to stop them from rezzing someone. Frankly, it is worse than mirror anguish since it is AoE and affects multiple spells. And traps are instant/closer to instant.

Steal is single target attack that doesn’t one shot players, it can be blocked. Shadowstep is utility that doesn’t kill anyone and is on really long CD compared to traps.

Traps are AoE covering entire point and affecting whole team. Traps also have multiple effects including being unblockable or ignoring dodges, besides dealing dmg.

Stealth attacks have cast time, quite long one too, they also go on CD if they don’t connect with target (e.g. someone moved 1 mm or used block/blind/invul etc.) effectively locking thief out of AA. Do traps go on extra 20 sec CD when someone dodges them? No.

Traps are also on very short CD and can be stacked basically. Imagine if every time thief used shadowstep, entire enemy team was getting backstabbed for 5k+ dmg and getting affected by basi venom and blinding powder – this is how traps work.

wat?

ToF has literally been nerfed 4 times since HoT launch if you include the trait nerf

And it was justified. We all know too well how overtuned HoT specs (and frankly still are) were upon launch.

All is Vain~

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

abc.5790

Maybe instead of nerfing DH, buff certain classes that stand very little chance against them.

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in PvP

Cynz.9437

Maybe instead of nerfing DH, buff certain classes that stand very little chance against them.

No, powercreep introduced with june patch last year needs to go. Before HoT specs don’t get nerfed to core specs level, nothing should be buffed, period.

All is Vain~

in PvP

Saiyan.1704

Piercing light is not passive anymore? Because this one, combined with hunter’s defense negates any kind of engage on DH or any attempt on trying to stop them from rezzing someone. Frankly, it is worse than mirror anguish since it is AoE and affects multiple spells. And traps are instant/closer to instant.

Steal is single target attack that doesn’t one shot players, it can be blocked. Shadowstep is utility that doesn’t kill anyone and is on really long CD compared to traps.

Traps are AoE covering entire point and affecting whole team. Traps also have multiple effects including being unblockable or ignoring dodges, besides dealing dmg.

Stealth attacks have cast time, quite long one too, they also go on CD if they don’t connect with target (e.g. someone moved 1 mm or used block/blind/invul etc.) effectively locking thief out of AA. Do traps go on extra 20 sec CD when someone dodges them? No.

Traps are also on very short CD and can be stacked basically. Imagine if every time thief used shadowstep, entire enemy team was getting backstabbed for 5k+ dmg and getting affected by basi venom and blinding powder – this is how traps work.

wat?

And it was justified. We all know too well how overtuned HoT specs (and frankly still are) were upon launch.

You’re comparing butter to a hot knife, they have very different apparent roles. But contradictory enough, the Staff evading Thief builds has the best chance vs a DH who can’t afford to miss their long cd skills. It’s just too bad (greatful) that these thief builds are not rewarding in team fights.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

No, powercreep introduced with june patch last year needs to go. Before HoT specs don’t get nerfed to core specs level, nothing should be buffed, period.

Can we buff shatterstone? Give it an extra vuln. stack….it DESPERATELY needs 1 more vuln stack to be competitive. /s

Seriously though, I agree with this sentiment.

in PvP

abc.5790

Yes ma’am.

I remember that June patch buffing d/d ele burn damage. Unreal.

Anyhow, I get why a lot of people are upset about DH. But on the bright side, for the first time ever, we could get carried by beginners from the disturbingly low DH skill cap.

It’s not a bad deal seeing pvp beginners actually contribute. Maybe it will make them feel better about themselves and try out other classes and builds. Maybe not. But there are actually strong hard counters to DH. The only time I’m fearful of DH is when I’m on thief.

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in PvP

abc.5790

solo

Attachments:

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in PvP

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

While soloQ in unranked on my DH I had a team of 5 DHs. The match was a hillariously stupid roflstomp, the opponents never had a chance in group fights. 1v1 at least 3 of them were better than me and some others in my team, but at one point the score was 400-80 in our favor or so and then 2 guys in my team said to just sit on home and we win by default, which we did. I have a screencap of it but it’s home and I am at the office now.

DH is too strong right now. To my shame(?) I am playing it now to finish those Capricorn achievements, E Z wins. Too bad most times it’s Coliseum, though.

in PvP

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

Coz ppl r bad

That is not even an argument of any sort and one of the most common fallacies used in discussions regarding PvP. The common thing is that in all skill based games, players with top skill cap are a very small % of entire population. So let’s assume that 80% of players are so called “bad”, 15% decent and 5% good. If a particular class design creates significant problem for those “bads”, it directly affects 80% of your game population. There is a reason that “pub stompers” are so popular in most PvP based games. This is the same reason why nowadays I see 2-3 DH in most conquest teams in GW2. Perhaps they loose their viability in top tiers of play, I don’t know. But this does not change the fact that they are an issue for all “bads” and thus for the majority of game population.

Also make an experiment will you? Whenever you play a conquest match (lower half of tiers in ranked at least or any unranked game if you are higher) at start count which team got more DH in squad. Then check the correlation between this and which team actually won the match at the end. The results are, at least in my case, interesting albeit predictable.

in PvP

Posted by: Obindo.6802

Obindo.6802

Coz ppl r bad

That is not even an argument of any sort and one of the most common fallacies used in discussions regarding PvP. The common thing is that in all skill based games, players with top skill cap are a very small % of entire population. So let’s assume that 80% of players are so called “bad”, 15% decent and 5% good. If a particular class design creates significant problem for those “bads”, it directly affects 80% of your game population. There is a reason that “pub stompers” are so popular in most PvP based games. This is the same reason why nowadays I see 2-3 DH in most conquest teams in GW2. Perhaps they loose their viability in top tiers of play, I don’t know. But this does not change the fact that they are an issue for all “bads” and thus for the majority of game population.

Also make an experiment will you? Whenever you play a conquest match (lower half of tiers in ranked at least or any unranked game if you are higher) at start count which team got more DH in squad. Then check the correlation between this and which team actually won the match at the end. The results are, at least in my case, interesting albeit predictable.

?
tl;dr

in PvP

Cynz.9437

Coz ppl r bad

?
tl;dr

I wish one day there was bugged patch that removed all warriors passive traits and effects and lowered their HP to 11k. Maybe then you would stop calling other bad.

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

Coz ppl r bad

This is the most simplistic and accurate statement on why people complain about DHs. But people don’t know or realize they’re bad so when they die, it’s because they don’t understand and think something is when it’s not.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in PvP

Cynz.9437

Coz ppl r bad

This is the most simplistic and accurate statement on why people complain about DHs. But people don’t know or realize they’re bad so when they die, it’s because they don’t understand and think something is when it’s not.

I would consider myself a veteran player and not exactly bad. I do complain about DHs because the build is so stupidly rewarding and easy to play that it carries bad players with 0 map awareness and rotation speed of a snail to divisions where they don’t belong and then i am stuck with 3 potatoes on my team that 1v3 some guy at far and lose everything else on map.

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

Coz ppl r bad

I would consider myself a veteran player and not exactly bad. I do complain about DHs because the build is so stupidly rewarding and easy to play that it carries bad players with 0 map awareness and rotation speed of a snail to divisions where they don’t belong and then i am stuck with 3 potatoes on my team that 1v3 some guy at far and lose everything else on map.

It’s irrelevant if you’re a veteran or not. Or anyone for that matter. The DH Medi-trap build has been around since HoT day one. Nothing substantial has changed other than buffing condition clear and adding a much needed symbol to sword and scepter. And I’m not even counting the nerfs.

But your reason for complaining about DH is absurd. Because it’s rewarding and easy to play… It, like any other class, is rewarding to play against bad players. And what you also said is not a class problem but a player problem. No matter the class, if anyone goes up against 1v3, you’re going to lose.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in PvP

Cynz.9437

Coz ppl r bad

It’s irrelevant if you’re a veteran or not. Or anyone for that matter. The DH Medi-trap build has been around since HoT day one. Nothing substantial has changed other than buffing condition clear and adding a much needed symbol to sword and scepter. And I’m not even counting the nerfs.

But your reason for complaining about DH is absurd. Because it’s rewarding and easy to play… It, like any other class, is rewarding to play against bad players. And what you also said is not a class problem but a player problem. No matter the class, if anyone goes up against 1v3, you’re going to lose.

edit: nvm, you are guard player…. what a surprise~

You really don’t understand the issue do you? Or unable to understand english?

Guards got buffed, all other classes got nerfed which was indirect buff to guards.

Yes, it is player issue and class issue. Bad players get carried by DH to divisions where they don’t belong.

All is Vain~

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

Posted by: baroi.3264

baroi.3264

Team composition > Individual skill play.
This game is about 5v5.
Guardian is fine and he loses position to another classes in competitive.
Stop send your salt in us and send your salt to the matchmaking stacking.

And more cry in forum = more “wanna be” guardians in game, please stop this.

Subdrop

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Guards got buffed by ele being B-tier and no fun to play due to lowest build diversity.
Ele is strong against DH. People in random matches do not adapt. A team with a good engi + ele roflstomps the DH´s. I play ele and got 3 DH on oposing team + 1 druid. We got none. the DH´s did´t stand a chance. That´s why you don´t see DH in ESL. Druid, engi and reve are in all teams plus ele gets a slot due to another support is still good and you can´t double a profession and this destroys DH´s.
So if you see DH on the other team, roll engi or ele and win …

in PvP

chibbi.3706

Because at least you can hit a Rev every now and then. When fighting a DHs, all you see is “blockblockblockevadeevadeevadeblockblockblockimmuneimmuneimmuneblockblockblockandbacktofullhealthblockblockblockrepeat”.

While I agree that I may be biased against rev because they absolutely destroy warriors, I can’t agree with that.

Rev has just as much blocks and invul but they also have one of the best mobility in the game whereas DH has no mobility. Rev are much harder to hit than DH imo.

in PvP

Posted by: Obindo.6802

Obindo.6802

Coz ppl r bad

?
tl;dr

I wish one day there was bugged patch that removed all warriors passive traits and effects and lowered their HP to 11k. Maybe then you would stop calling other bad.

What? Why would they do that? How is that relevant? and why would that stop me from “calling people bad”?

in PvP

Posted by: Ubik.8315

Ubik.8315

Rev has just as much blocks and invul but they also have one of the best mobility in the game whereas DH has no mobility. Rev are much harder to hit than DH imo.

Rev requires a higher level of mechanical skill and cooldown awareness to be able to chain the defensive successfully. Once you pass that threshold though, it’s an absolute terror that can take apart pretty much anything unless it gets kittened by condis.