Why is it always temple?

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: DarthDragonVanquisher.6912

DarthDragonVanquisher.6912

I have had enough.. I play solo que and about 6 out of 10 times i get this kitten map.. When i play tournaments with my friends it is even worse! 8 out of 10 times we play we get Temple of the silent storm! Arenanet your random map system never kitten works and i’m getting pretty tired of that lame map! The worst part is 2 out of 10 times it’s not Temple of the lame storm it is almost always Khylo.. I want to play my favorite maps Forest of Nifleh and Legacy of the Foe Fire more often! Fix this arena net and fast! because it is getting pretty kitten ridiculous how many times we play Temple of the Lame Storm..

The Official GW2 Esports Drama Reporter

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

yesterday over 50% my games were in temple.Im fairly sure that there is a bug in their system.

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

My games were all on Khylo… >.>

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

Sounds like it’s… random.

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Vena.8436

Where are your sunglasses? And The Who riff in the background?

[Eon] – Blackgate

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Brilliant.

In fairness to darth most of my matches are temple too though.

Phaatonn, London UK

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

But… I love temple. :’c

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: Sensotix.4106

Sensotix.4106

to be honest i also almost only get to play on temple…

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: Zinwrath.2049

Zinwrath.2049

ROFL, that’s so funny a friend and I were just talking about how it seems to be over 50% of the time temple, then I log onto the forums and see this.

Ya not sure whats up with that.

PS: my personal experience is about 50% of the time temple, then the other 50% mostly foefire and khylo….rarely…very rarely skyhammer. Just thought i’d share my experience.

edit: doing my own test today and writing down what I get.

first match so far…temple.

(edited by Zinwrath.2049)

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

D’Alessio Arena 2.0?

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

Allie it cant be random..Over 20 games more than 10 are on temple.Always temple’
Its temple-temple-random-temple repeat..:(

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

A good thing to implement is a ‘preferred’ map feature or take a map out of the pool if the greatest difference between the 2nd most played map is like 3 or something.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: Akkuma.2501

Akkuma.2501

I can confirm nearly 70% of our tpvp matches are on Temple since they implemented “random” maps. At this rate I’d prefer the old system. It seems like random means 50% Temple, 16.5% Forest, 16.5% Legion, 16.5% Khylo.

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: PsyOnic.3108

PsyOnic.3108

A couple of days ago, I had the delight of playing skyhammer 6-times in a row. Today I was only playing temple. Solo queue is just weird. I played like 40 matches in the last few days and somehow I only played legacy and khylo twice…

(edited by PsyOnic.3108)

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: JinDaVikk.7291

JinDaVikk.7291

over 50 percent of my matches were temple.

11 rounds
6 temple
2 skyhammer
2 lecgacy
1 nifhel..

Where was spirit watch?

Random my kitten seems a few people have temple more often that not. Out of 6 maps 50 percent shouldn’t exist.

Instead of completely denying it why not check?
Geez.

Team Radioactive
Crysis, Lil Damage, Ovi, Jindavikk, Guard
Causing cancer all day.

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: HPLT.7132

HPLT.7132

Yesterday I played I think 9 matches

6x temple
1x kyhlo
2x spirit watch

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

over 50 percent of my matches were temple.

11 rounds
6 temple
2 skyhammer
2 lecgacy
1 nifhel..

Where was spirit watch?

Random my kitten seems a few people have temple more often that not. Out of 6 maps 50 percent shouldn’t exist.

Instead of completely denying it why not check?
Geez.

Because they want us to believe them like the Final Rest was super rare to get and not a bug in their system.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: Mister Fluffkin.7358

Mister Fluffkin.7358

Just made my Daily in SoloQ. Guess what? 3 times temple with matchmaking like this:
[img]http://up.picr.de/15494341oe.jpg[/img]
Thats just boring and demotivating. Hows the matchmaking working? Just all high-/lowranks together into 1 team to set them against each other? I thought matchmaking is for building even teams???

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: loper.9034

loper.9034

I can confirm that it is almost always temple for soloq. Out of 10 games, 6 are temple. Although it is random, if this continues, arguable it won’t really be a random que. It will just be Temple with a small chance of the other maps.

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: PsyOnic.3108

PsyOnic.3108

Just made my Daily in SoloQ. Guess what? 3 times temple with matchmaking like this:
[img]http://up.picr.de/15494341oe.jpg[/img]
Thats just boring and demotivating. Hows the matchmaking working? Just all high-/lowranks together into 1 team to set them against each other? I thought matchmaking is for building even teams???

Just look at the enemy’s team ranks. My gosh xD… The matchmaking is useless.
I really wanted to take solo que seriously, but this is just ridiculous.

(edited by PsyOnic.3108)

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Loper you play team que with me all the time.. out of 10 games we usually get 7-8 of them being Temple.. Forget Solo Q for a moment.. That is just plain Kitten ridiculous! They need to fix Team Que map rotation ASAP

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

Played well over 100 games and I am absolutely positive that MOST of them were Temple and Spiritwatch. The least was forest and legacy.

[SoF]

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: Zinwrath.2049

Zinwrath.2049

just played 4 games for testing.

temple, nifhel, legacy, temple.

50% temple so far

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: JinDaVikk.7291

JinDaVikk.7291

LOL yea I completely forgot team arena was random too I just assumed it was temple for an entire day cause I got 8 in a row.

My entire guild PnF can verify that cuz I kittened each time it procc’d….

Team Radioactive
Crysis, Lil Damage, Ovi, Jindavikk, Guard
Causing cancer all day.

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

So all of you have reported this via the in-game bug reporting feature? I’m guessing if you got every player on your team to report it every time the map came up, something might get done (just to stop the reports).

I doubt coming in here and reporting it in a thread (rather rudely) is going to get more than a passing mention to the people responsible for looking into and fixing it.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Vena.8436

Of my fifteen games in SoloQ so far:
0 – Skyhammer
1 – Spirit Watch
2 – Foefire and Forest
3 – Temple
7 – Khylo

I don’t even believe that Skyhammer is a map at this point, and the game seems to be aware that I play a lot of WvW because it keeps giving me the mini-WvW map.

[Eon] – Blackgate

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

So all of you have reported this via the in-game bug reporting feature? I’m guessing if you got every player on your team to report it every time the map came up, something might get done (just to stop the reports).

I doubt coming in here and reporting it in a thread (rather rudely) is going to get more than a passing mention to the people responsible for looking into and fixing it.

It’s a discussion. On the topic of rude: coming in to harass the OP and post inflammatory remarks is the only rude thing I see.

There’s a report button for topics too, you know?

Hypocrisy in its finest.

[SoF]

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: Dante.6409

Dante.6409

I too have gotten temple 7 out 10 every time I’m doing team tourney…. even solo… i get mostly temple and spirit watch??? how is this happening? I’ve never noticed it before until very recently…. PLEASE HELP!!!

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: loper.9034

loper.9034

Loper you play team que with me all the time.. out of 10 games we usually get 7-8 of them being Temple.. Forget Solo Q for a moment.. That is just plain Kitten ridiculous! They need to fix Team Que map rotation ASAP

So, for my post I completely meant to say team que not soloq. But, yeah its always temple.

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

They should improve it so it matches you into another match if you have playe one map already a lot of times…

Like creating the map first and then queuing people into it instead of matching people and then randomly choosing a map.

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: mattattack.1673

mattattack.1673

for the last two days ive done maybe 10 pvp team/solo-q’s and easily i’ve gotten temple 9 times and khylo 1 time. when the update first came i got foefire 100% of the time, the random system is pretty not random. i should start placing bets on what the next map im going to play is.

yep, temple again.

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

For me I got some “map of the day”. One day 5-6 times out of 10 it was Kyhlo(and a lot of times also Foefire). Other day it was some other map. 1-2 maps more often.

But that really can be random. It is annoying… if matchmaking first matches 5 vs. 5 and then randomyl chooses the map… it would need you to play 1000+ matches(large number) to have an equal number of matches on every map.

They could just start different queues in the background where it matches you into a different map each time until you played each map at least 1 time and then starting again… but that would make the queue time higher(still not as high as if they let us choose the maps cause then everyone would just choose the favorite map and nobody would play Spirit Watch or Skyhammer).

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

I can confirm this, i did a lot of my matches (team queue and soloqueue) in temple.

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: EoNxBoNx.9213

EoNxBoNx.9213

When this first came out all my matches for a whole day were only Skyhammer and Khylo, next I got Foefire and Nifhel. I am pretty sure its random. If you are getting Temple more than other maps, but still getting the other maps, that still qualifies as random. Just because you are getting a specific map more doesn’t mean the RNG needs to be tweaked.

“You’re either a Noob or a Pro your entire life, that’s life”
IGN – Kinjax // World – Anvil Rock
IGN – InTheseDays // World – Anvil Rock

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

I can also confirm this. About half the matches I’ve played have been on temple. I do get other maps frequently, and sometimes even twice in a row, but temple is by far the most frequent map I play on in soloq.

Not that I mind.

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: yolosmurf.8052

yolosmurf.8052

i only get foefire and kylho

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

I just played 5 team tournaments with Dante.. we got Temple of the Silent Storm 4 times and Forest once.. Arenanet please fix this! Don’t deny it.. Accept that there is a problem and start fixing it!

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: Tenebrous.2451

Tenebrous.2451

As a point of order, Randomness does not always mean that you will get roughly even amounts of each map, Things like the OP is describing can happen in a random system.

That being said, is the rotation random or in a certain order? I never noticed either way.

Thursday Tenebrous – Necro * Sunday Tenebrous – Hunter
Tenebrous Fivetree – Guardian
Zelots of Shiverpeaks (ZoS) – Northern Shiverpeaks

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: Derps.7421

Derps.7421

kitten give me temple you can have my 6 skyhammer queues in a row.

Dr. Professor Evil – Engi
Stunned Girls Can’t Say No <Hawt>

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: CoupDeGrace.9874

CoupDeGrace.9874

Yeah, 50-60% of all my matches since Foefire was put back in the rotation have been Temple. I love Temple, but it’s getting kind of tiring playing it so much.

I am the mustard on the sandwich of your destruction.

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Vena.8436

i only get foefire and kylho

You and me both.

[Eon] – Blackgate

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

Must say I agree with Darth. We’ve had nights where we’ve been on temple 7 or 8 times straight.

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: Stealth.9324

Stealth.9324

Same here..Back when team arena only has 3 maps (Temple,Forest,Kyhlo),we play 10 matches and 7 of them is Temple, 3 of them is Forest, 0 is Kyhlo…Does not seems random much to me. It maybe different to other players but I guess once you play 10 matches, you will notice one map pop up way more often then the others. And by that, I mean like 6/2/2, or 7/3/0….

Kaane Moka – Champion Magus. Loola Illuma – Champion Genius.
Proud player of : team [uA] – team [TGI]. Australia base, now recruiting.

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Where are the devs? Allie Murdock was so quick to comment and deny the truth.. Yet here we are the players hours later still confirming that It is indeed NOT RANDOM! Temple of the silent storm is a fun map granted, the first time you play it.. But when you play 5 games straight and 4 of them turn out to be Temple it gets pretty kitten tiring! I want an Actual Dev Response not denying the truth but telling us that there is a problem and that they are going to fix it..

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: Rovus.5428

Rovus.5428

“?Who are you..?.”

“Subtus pennas meas, pinnas meas interitum”

Alatum Interitum

(edited by Rovus.5428)

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

Pseudorandom number generator function probably needs a little oil to lube it up again.

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

When I was on my losing streak, also kept getting this map and this would be the map I lose every game on, so yes I’m just like you, kitten the temple of kittenty storms.

I loved khylo on my necromancer but was never getting it. I love khylo as a necromancer because what a lot of people don’t do is take there time going back to repair treb, well while I toke my time, I’d drop the repair kit, lay down all my wells in ct, run a lil more than drop kit again and switch weapons and lay down all my attacks, corrupt the enemy bunker boons, then grab repair kit again and repair the thing and start owning on that treb.

But nah, that’s like 1 time every 2 hours because I was stuck on temple of kittenty storms.

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: Tracker.6483

Tracker.6483

ANET should have the numbers.

Hopefully they’ll check to see if Temple is obviously queued more often.

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: Sunni.2948

Sunni.2948

Last like 5 today have been temple in a row.

yesterday was all temple too

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: PVStar.3658

PVStar.3658

Be thankful it was temple the majority of the time instead of skyhammer.