Why is it always temple?

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: DarthDragonVanquisher.6912

DarthDragonVanquisher.6912

I just played 4 more team arenas.. 3 of them turned out to be Temple of The Silent Storm.. what a surprise.. Fix this kitten now Arenanet this is ridiculous

The Official GW2 Esports Drama Reporter

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: loper.9034

loper.9034

Today, I’ve played 6 games and ALL of them have been Temple of the Silent Storm. This random que doesn’t seem very random. I think it is broken.

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: Stealth.9324

Stealth.9324

Be thankful it was temple the majority of the time instead of skyhammer.

Sky hammer does not exist in team arena….

Kaane Moka – Champion Magus. Loola Illuma – Champion Genius.
Proud player of : team [uA] – team [TGI]. Australia base, now recruiting.

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: PVStar.3658

PVStar.3658

Be thankful it was temple the majority of the time instead of skyhammer.

Sky hammer does not exist in team arena….

No, but it’s in the solo queue rotation, which is what OP is talking about.

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: HappinessFactory.4910

HappinessFactory.4910

Out of the 6 maps i’m pretty sure i get temple more often than the rest. I might as well start tallying.

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

I just played 10 more games before calling it quits.. i got 6 games of temple of the silent storm in a row.. Then i got 1 legacy of the foe fire and then 1 khylo.. & guess what, then i got 2 more temple of the silent storm back to back.. This is some kitten kitten kitten!! Fix this Kitten Kitten NOW!! I’m seriously considering quitting Team Arena Until arenanet fixes this or at least we get a dev to reply and not be a prick and just deny the problem.. Come on Allie Murdock, you were so quick to respond.. Don’t act like you’re not reading this now..

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: prozon.3561

prozon.3561

I made a thread like this a week ago, still not much changed. Solo Q or Team Que, 60% of the matches are on Temple. I Played about ~ 150 games since the patch is out. If you ask Team Que players, you get the answer that temple is 50% instead of 25% on the rotation.

www.twitch.tv/mufasapk

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: Krayiss.4926

Krayiss.4926

Confirmed. Temple is the most frequent map… Picture for verification.

Attachments:

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: Liquid.5047

Liquid.5047

I have to agree with all of you. I allways get to play temple, its more then 50% of team and solo matches. maybe there is something wrong in your algorithm, check this up. i mean its not rly bad because its still kind of random, but not as we want it to be

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: Ceraldor.3160

Ceraldor.3160

Sounds like it’s… random.

Anet mentality:
99% of the people state they have 50%+ of the time temple (with 6 maps in the pool)

1 guy states he has lots of kyhlo games.

Anet: See we have no problem, all good!

If you are now saying that when you replied only 3 people wrote about their experience then maybe you shouldn’t reply when you haven’t played the solo queue for forming an own opinion and you should know that 3 forum posters are not a good source to “know” anything.
But since then many people replied who had too many temple games (including myself) for it to call it anywhere near even…
So maybe you are now able to realize that something got messed up.

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: Stealth.9324

Stealth.9324

Confirmed. Temple is the most frequent map… Picture for verification.

4 Necro 1 Guardian…GG…

Kaane Moka – Champion Magus. Loola Illuma – Champion Genius.
Proud player of : team [uA] – team [TGI]. Australia base, now recruiting.

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: Walabone.6713

Walabone.6713

Sounds like it’s… random.

Negative. There is clearly some sort of bias towards Temple in the map rotation.

And while you’re at it please remove Skyhammer from soloQ, from my pained memories, and from existence

Walabone – Borlis Pass
Ascension [WAR] Officer | [ÆÆÆÆ] | Driver of BP’s GvG guild [BB]

(edited by Walabone.6713)

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: Lexxx.2143

Lexxx.2143

def not random. i dunno the reason or logic but its mostly temple

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: Reikou.7068

Reikou.7068

Going to post here and say it as well.

The majority of my Solo queue matchups have been on Temple.

Reikou/Reira/Iroha/Sengiku/Rinoka/Kuruse/Sakuho/Kinae/Yuzusa/Kikurin/Otoha/Hasue/Mioko
https://www.youtube.com/AilesDeLumiere
http://www.twitch.tv/ailesdelumiere

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: Erwin.5603

Erwin.5603

One would think they have statistics and test runs at the arenanet offices to prove that it is indeed random. I mean I didn’t get any Forest game yesterday, does that mean it isn’t in the rotation, or there is a bias towards all the other maps? No, it doesn’t. Have some trust guys.

Fixi

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: theonewhoknocks.8641

theonewhoknocks.8641

Here’s my sample size of 10:
temple
temple
temple
spirit
temple
temple
khylo
niflhel
temple
temple

Lot’s of temple.
I wouldn’t mind if, after the “randomness” gets fixed, the main 3 maps got a little increase in the chance. Spirit, Skyhammer and Temple are kind of buzz kills.

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: Akkuma.2501

Akkuma.2501

One would think they have statistics and test runs at the arenanet offices to prove that it is indeed random. I mean I didn’t get any Forest game yesterday, does that mean it isn’t in the rotation, or there is a bias towards all the other maps? No, it doesn’t. Have some trust guys.

ANet couldn’t even write good tooltips for most of their traits and skills. What makes you think we can trust them when it comes to math, since SoloQ is also clearly broken.

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

99% of the people state they have 50%+ of the time temple (with 6 maps in the pool)

87% of statistics are made up on the spot.

A thread called “Why is it always temple” will attract the 1% of the players that got Temple 5 times in a row. What is there to wonder here?

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

Temple is the map I got the most as well.

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: Parisalchuk.9230

Parisalchuk.9230

A thread called “Why is it always temple” will attract the 1% of the players that got Temple 5 times in a row. What is there to wonder here?

Yes, thats why there are other posters here saying they havent played Temple as often…

However, I have played a lot of Temple the past 2 nights. Last night my team played around 11 matches or so. We played 2 Khylo, 1 Foefire, 2 Forest, 6 Temple. Night before had a similar breakdown in maps played.

O O O O I I I O – Spoons and Sporks [Soup] (Retired)
http://www.twitch.tv/parisalchuk

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

Then make one thread of each maps and see which attracts the most people :P
Seriously, even if it was indeed random we could wake up tommorow and all play temple all day.But the chances of this happening are so small that you shouldnt bother.
Now in my experience having played so many games and more than 50% being in temple i would say Allie should tell the devs to take at least 1 look at the algorithm.
It might be normal and we are just unlucky but it PROBABLY isnt

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

anet has a track record of having many bugs they don’t even know about

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Alright, after more people posted that they were having this same issue, I checked in with the team and they let me know that there is a bug causing Temple to pop more than other maps.

Our programmers have already found a fix for it, we just need to get it tested and it should be out soon.

Appreciate those of you that remained constructive.

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: Mammoth.1975

Mammoth.1975

Thanks Allie, appreciated.

If you’re not playing to win, don’t complain when you lose.

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: Akkuma.2501

Akkuma.2501

Alright, after more people posted that they were having this same issue, I checked in with the team and they let me know that there is a bug causing Temple to pop more than other maps.

Our programmers have already found a fix for it, we just need to get it tested and it should be out soon.

Thanks for the update!

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

my original post (which was before your response)was deleted earlier because it said I wasn’t being constructive so I will reword it. These are the types of things that are frustrating about the way ArenaNet handles issues. We are almost always met with opposition from developers or community leaders when we call out things that are wrong. The initial response is usually something like this, but, especially with arenanet’s track record of being wrong, it should instead be ,“thank you all for your input on this I will check with a member of the development team to see if this is in fact in issue or just a product of the nature of randomness.”
I just get frustrated with the responses sometimes because they are coming from a place of “we never do wrong” or " we release when its ready", although the evidence shows that it is quite the contrary.

Having said that, thank you for looking into it and reporting back.

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

ANET should have the numbers.

Hopefully they’ll check to see if Temple is obviously queued more often.

They wont, just like they can view the matchmaking system of all the matches its creating, they just don’t care.

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: Maxi.2581

Maxi.2581

I did 10 games today.
ALL in winter… it is NOT random

(1/4)^10 would be the change of that to happen.

Fix this!

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Thank you! I’m glad you actually checked.. Now if only we could get an ETA on when the fix will be released? I’m trying to be as patient as possible and i’m indeed grateful that you guys found the bug so quick! So what i’ve gotten from this experience is Ifyou Kitten loud enough and make enough noise ANET will fix the bug.. Great learning experience on my part Thank you to everyone who posted their experience on the forums and stood up for me and made it clear to the Dev’s that it wasn’t just one guy QQ’ing because he hates the map, but an actual community having to deal with one nasty bug.. So glad we will be able to say goodbye to Temple of the Lame Storm Soon!

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: KratosAngel.7289

KratosAngel.7289

There are a lot of things that are not as random as they should …
For instance, fractal maps : Dredge is one of those who come the most often since last update (was OK before).
Also on swamp map : it’s like Mossman 80%/Bloomhunger 20%

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: Ouroboros.5076

Ouroboros.5076

I’ll bump this. This is getting out of control. Yesterday in Team Arenas, 6 or 7 games (I don’t remember exactly), all on temple. I like the map but jeez, how are we supposed to train for the ESL

EDIT : Oops, missed the second reply from Allie, sry :P

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

Did 4 games yesterday no temple for me :/ I like temple

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

dont fix this plz you will break it and we have skyhammer all day^^

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

I don’t like skyhammer and the beach (fogot the name ). The others are ok.

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: Xaqq.7562

Xaqq.7562

I’m really wondering, how is it possible to fail a random map selection?

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

Temple of the Silent Storm is the most balanced map in the game. It takes a true testament of skill to succeed in it; why is everyone complaining about it? What makes Temple of the Silent storm so bad?

Just to let you know the issue is fixed tomorrow on the next patch.

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: Xaqq.7562

Xaqq.7562

Its a nice and balanced map, but playing ~1/2 game there… well, you want to play somewhere else.

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: Batmang.5421

Batmang.5421

Ya I noticed something funky so i started keeping track. This only applies to soloq and CLEARLY this is not random. Of 36 games,

19 temple
8 skyhammer
4 khlyo
3 forest
2 legacy

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Aargadon.4135

Lord Aargadon.4135

…Did 22 games, 4 temple. Guess I’m just lucky?

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

I played with my guild and got it like twice out of 10 games.

I played with darth and got temple 5 out of 5 games.

GW2 hates Darth.

Just another noob thief…

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: FoopOplo.7914

FoopOplo.7914

Why are these clearly illiterate people still complaining? ANET IS GOING TO FIX THIS. Hush yo face please.

Don’t play GUILD wars without a GUILD!

http://www.Vicarious-Gaming.enjin.com

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

So I’ve been playing with my guild and keeping count.. at the top 100 team tournament game ranking the rotation of Temple of the silent storm is 3 out of 5.. I thought Anet was going to fix this so i have been keeping silent and waiting patiently.. 3 patches since this thread was made and still having the same issue.. I am getting really tired of temple.. The funny part is i play with a few friends who just recently joined my guild Jedi Sensual Mindtricks, and they tell me that they would get temple 1/5 or 2/5 when playing at a ranking below 500 in Team Arena.. Once i recruited them to my guild and we got their ranking up to top 100 the cycle was reset and we started getting Temple 3 or 4 out of 5 times.. So either ArenaNet really really hates me the infamous Darth, or Top 100 games are still broken…

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

Why are these clearly illiterate people still complaining? ANET IS GOING TO FIX THIS. Hush yo face please.

going to fix this – yes but we don’t want to wait a year

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

Why is it always temple?

in PvP

Can we have an ETA on when this will be fixed? I played with my team last night, we played 10 games.. we got Forest 3 times in a row (I thanked the heavens) Then we got Temple of the silent storm 5 times in a row ( I started mentally cursing) The last 2 games were Kyhlo.. Half of my team is Top 50 in the team leader boards and the rest of the team are all top 100.. Does this only happen to Top 100 teams? I’m just curious why Arenanet hates me and gives me Temple so much.. It’s truly Frustrating..