Why is the best heal in GW2 the passive one

in PvP

Posted by: Ezrael.6859

Ezrael.6859

The one that you don’t have to use.

The one that requires no thought, timing or skill from the player

The one that can’t be skillfully interrupted by an opponent.

With Berserker gear a Warrior regenerates at 407hp a second with a Healing Signet.

407. Every second.
4070 every 10 seconds.
24420 a minute…

For other Professions to achieve levels of healing like that they would need to equip Cleric’s Amulets.

“Just burst them down” people say.

But the Warrior comes with heavy armour, the highest base hp, 2 ways to access Endure Pain, 8s of condition immunity, 3s of Shield Block, 2 ways to get 8s of Stability plus Leaps, Whirls and Charges to use as disengage tools.

It’s too much for one build to have everything with this sort of completely thoughtless yet powerful passive healing.

Healing Signet needs to be nerfed so that it can remain effective for those who want to focus some stats and traits into survivability (like other Professions have to) but become balanced against other professions with Berserker gear.

So Healing Signet needs its base healing drastically reduced and then it needs to have better scaling with Healing Power. More like base 250 per second.

So if someone chooses to run Valkyrie, Settler’s or Cleric’s Amulet they will get good healing.
But someone in Berserker gear will not get Cleric bunker healing levels while playing a ‘glass cannon’.

Mending and Healing Surge should provide better healing than Healing Signet because they are skills you actually have to think about using, skills that can be interrupted by opponents.

GW2 has been moving towards more and more passive play in the last several months, passive skills should be the least effective options as they require no thought to use.
Healing Signet, pet swarms, high damage condition procs from auto-attack.

in PvP

Posted by: Fenix.4795

Fenix.4795

Dunno why everyone kittenes about Healing Signet, yea maybe it should be reduced a little bit but you make it seem to be invincible. If its so good how come I get absolutely murdered by conditions if I dont have berserker stance up?

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

Dunno why everyone kittenes about Healing Signet, yea maybe it should be reduced a little bit but you make it seem to be invincible. If its so good how come I get absolutely murdered by conditions if I dont have berserker stance up?

Probably because you go romping in the AoE like its a field of flowers because you play warrior

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: DanSH.6143

DanSH.6143

the thing is, most warriors have 30 points in Defense traits, meaning they are off-tanks. so you can’t complain about them being bunker glass cannons.
I think healing signet should be changed just because passive gameplay is boring: the passive healing should be low, 250-300 health per second sounds reasonable. However, with this change the active effect should also be changed. the active effect should be 650 health per second, for 10 seconds. meaning you have to time the passive healing correctly in order to benefit from it the most.

Griften

in PvP

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

Probably because you go romping in the AoE like its a field of flowers because you play warrior

That picture you painted in my mind is really really disturbing. But you have a point though. I want to give you a cookie.

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

in PvP

Posted by: Amaterasu.6280

Amaterasu.6280

It’s not just heal signet that makes warriors so strong at the moment – it’s a combo of things:

- awesome passive healing via signet
- more stability than a guardian
- berserker stance
- cleansing ire which acts as a better condi clear than most classes’ utilities. Remove 3 condis with each full bar of adrenaline is crazy when most utilities in other classes remove 1-2 and they are on 30-60s CDs
- being able to build for defense while having on par damage with a lot of burst builds which would require them to sacrifice all their defense.

The fact that the typical cc warrior has 0 points into their power line, and can dive 30 into their defense line and still put out ridiculous damage…is a big problem. I main a thief, and if I tried to build like a warrior, not only would I not have as much defense as a warrior, I wouldn’t have as much vitality nor would I do a fraction of a warrior’s damage.

As I said, it’s a combo of things.

Kuro – Thief – NA
Undercoverism [UC]

in PvP

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

make this sig heal for 200 every 2 seconds instead of 400 each second.

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

With your suggestion, I am so glad you are not a developer.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in PvP

Posted by: jmatb.6307

jmatb.6307

Uh have you guys checked how much you get from the 15 point minor in Defense?

Healing Signet is fine without healing power and even with it isn’t all that great, but when you get two of them for the price of 15 points into Defense, plus Cleansing Ire, Zerker Stance, etc. that’s where the goofy stuff starts happening.

A glass cannon build with Healing Signet isn’t going to be very durable at all

in PvP

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

why?
Warriors have some of the highest armor/hp in game even in zerkers, can deal tons of dmg, able to be immune to dmg for a decent amount of time.

they need to nerf this PASSIVE healing signet or at least make it like the ele or theif sig where you have to do something to heal.

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

in PvP

Gallrvaghn.4921

- cleansing ire which acts as a better condi clear than most classes’ utilities. Remove 3 condis with each full bar of adrenaline is crazy when most utilities in other classes remove 1-2 and they are on 30-60s CDs

Yeah, that is one awesome trait almost equal to Water Grandmaster trait of an ele. And gaining adrenaline on a warrior is not that slow compared to Necro Life Force.

in PvP

Posted by: fugazi.5139

fugazi.5139

hahaahah omfgf i just spit my drank out….ROMPING IN THE AOE LIKE ITS A FIELD OF FLOWERS.

in PvP

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

I normally tell people to focus more on personally improving instead of complaining about balance, but Healing Signet is completely mind boggling. It is legitimately difficult for any build without poison to out-DPS it. That shouldn’t be possible.

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Even if he does, you guys seem to exaggerate that healing signet warriors can romping in the AoE like its a field of flowers without dying anyways.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

why?
Warriors have some of the highest armor/hp in game even in zerkers, can deal tons of dmg, able to be immune to dmg for a decent amount of time.

they need to nerf this PASSIVE healing signet or at least make it like the ele or theif sig where you have to do something to heal.

Before Healing signet buff, healing signet healed for 200 seconds per second. No one ran healing signet except in PvE because it sucked.

Healing signet doesn’t need a nerf because it has a weakness. It’s weakness is that it’s active healing sucks.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in PvP

infantrydiv.1620

hahaahah omfgf i just spit my drank out….ROMPING IN THE AOE LIKE ITS A FIELD OF FLOWERS.

Can’t tell if troll or srs o.0 lol

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

why?

You are suggesting destroying a signet because you don’t like how it plays.
You’d fit right in with Anet, but no one with any sense can do anything but face palm.

in PvP

Posted by: Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

You’d fit right in with Anet, but no one with any sense can do anything but face palm.

garethh, dude… I have seen you post on these forums before. I have seen you post things that suggest you have the capacity to think. Why is it that you think that the strongest heal in the game should be a passive that you should pretty much never activate?

The Healing signet on Guardian (in full cleric with Mace of Justice and Signet of Mercy, and 30 points in the healing line) removes a single condition every 10s for a passive (2 if traited), heals for less per second than the Warrior signet when the warrior is in Zerker gear. Nevermind that I just spent 80 trait points on a Guardian to do this. In what world is that ok? Other classes are even worse off by comparison.

Currently the state of Warrior is:
Maximum Base Armor
Maximum Base Health
Best Healing per Second
Extremely high cleansing ability (arguably the best among builds that are viable)
Ability to play effectively from multiple amulet sets (yep, Valkyrie can still kill you 1v1 in most instances, and condition ammys work too if you use different weapon sets)

How is that a reasonable state of being? Help me understand.

in PvP

infantrydiv.1620

^Because Jonathan Sharp wants warriors to be big beefy manly chunky hunks of meatiness.

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

garethh.3518

garethh, dude… I have seen you post on these forums before. I have seen you post things that suggest you have the capacity to think. Why is it that you think that the strongest heal in the game should be a passive that you should pretty much never activate?

The Healing signet on Guardian (in full cleric with Mace of Justice and Signet of Mercy, and 30 points in the healing line) removes a single condition every 10s for a passive (2 if traited), heals for less per second than the Warrior signet when the warrior is in Zerker gear. Nevermind that I just spent 80 trait points on a Guardian to do this. In what world is that ok? Other classes are even worse off by comparison.

Maximum Base Armor
Maximum Base Health
Best Healing per Second
Extremely high cleansing ability (arguably the best among builds that are viable)
Ability to play effectively from multiple amulet sets (yep, Valkyrie can still kill you 1v1 in most instances, and condition ammys work too if you use different weapon sets)

Only sith think in absolutes.
Just because I’m not a fan of how he is addressing the issue doesn’t mean I don’t think there is an issue.

Fixing not balancing.

Brando balances.
Anet balances.
If they don’t like how a spec is working, they take a skill or two and break numbers in it leaving that build ‘more balanced’.
Their eyes never seem to stray, they are dead set on balance being the end all be all of good gameplay.
It ends with a decently balanced game (very balanced for an MMO) but the game is balanced out with crap.

What I suggest, what I have only ever suggested is that ‘balance’ be changed to ‘fix’ and new devs/company comes in to show these people ‘to what end’.
That’d mean focusing on engaging gameplay, not balance, changing how bad mechanics work instead of spending all day guaging how hard to hit them with the nerf bats.

(edited by garethh.3518)

in PvP

Posted by: Flamfloz.6732

Flamfloz.6732

why?

Before Healing signet buff, healing signet healed for 200 seconds per second. No one ran healing signet except in PvE because it sucked.

Healing signet doesn’t need a nerf because it has a weakness. It’s weakness is that it’s active healing sucks.

If passive heal is really a problem, not sure how it would fit in the grand scheme of things, but perhaps the “passive healing” of signets could be activated?
For example: press healing signet, get 20s of 400HP/s, then goes on CD for 20s (and you get nothing during the CD period).
You could add a big burst of healing (e.g. +3000 HP) (or condi clear or whatever )at the end of the period of healing.
(signets still need a passive effect though)

This would make timing the “passive heal” an active player decision:
- Entering a big fight = activate heal,
- Getting low, and burst heal in 10s, run away and wait for your burst to happen,
- Enemy can “counter” you by waiting for your signet to expire once you have activated it before they start damaging on you, or could apply poison tactically

in PvP

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

^Because Jonathan Sharp wants warriors to be big beefy manly chunky hunks of meatiness.

“Sturdy Body”

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

It’s not just heal signet that makes warriors so strong at the moment – it’s a combo of things:

- awesome passive healing via signet
- more stability than a guardian
- berserker stance
- being able to build for defense while having on par damage with a lot of burst builds which would require them to sacrifice all their defense.

The fact that the typical cc warrior has 0 points into their power line, and can dive 30 into their defense line and still put out ridiculous damage…is a big problem. I main a thief, and if I tried to build like a warrior, not only would I not have as much defense as a warrior, I wouldn’t have as much vitality nor would I do a fraction of a warrior’s damage.

As I said, it’s a combo of things.

If you try to run the same exact build but with healing surge, you’ll feel squishy as kitten.

Healing surge needs to be nerfed, and adrenaline skills need to go on full CD when they miss ( without losing the adrenaline) .

Warrior problem is now solved.

in PvP

Posted by: Zodian.6597

Zodian.6597

that’s not even mentioning the adrenaline health trait (which is like another +120 hp/sec).
Basically, if you take heal signet and adrenaline health and have at least 1 disengage (like sword 2 or something), you are never going to die as warrior. If you do, then you’re kittening terrible.

Neglekt

(edited by Zodian.6597)

in PvP

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

Has anyone ever tried playing warrior pre-buffs? The answer would be so obvious then. The demands that a warrior must meet (in terms of functionality in team fights) requires that they have sustain, and before the healing signet buff, warriors lacked this tremendously.

For the longest time since launch, warriors were built super glass cannon because it was the only viable way to play warrior – kill things with frenzy faster than getting killed yourself. It was awful.

Now that warriors finally have an option for sustain, so many new viable builds have opened up. No more cheesy GS/axe frenzy warriors. Now we have condition damagers, stun lockers, team support through shouts, sustained damage off-tanks, etc. All tournament viable. Shouldn’t this be the golden standard that ArenaNet should follow for designing the other classes, in terms of variety?

in PvP

Zodian.6597

why?

If passive heal is really a problem, not sure how it would fit in the grand scheme of things, but perhaps the “passive healing” of signets could be activated?
For example: press healing signet, get 20s of 400HP/s, then goes on CD for 20s (and you get nothing during the CD period).
You could add a big burst of healing (e.g. +3000 HP) (or condi clear or whatever )at the end of the period of healing.
(signets still need a passive effect though)

This would make timing the “passive heal” an active player decision:
- Entering a big fight = activate heal,
- Getting low, and burst heal in 10s, run away and wait for your burst to happen,
- Enemy can “counter” you by waiting for your signet to expire once you have activated it before they start damaging on you, or could apply poison tactically

Okay, so you can kite for like 10 seconds and regen 8k hp AND then go back into combat with that same regen, or you can burst heal 8k hp every 30s an have no passive regen in combat. Makes sense..

Neglekt

(edited by Zodian.6597)

in PvP

zone.1073

Also, “best heal in GW2” is a bit of a stretch. Healing signet is a personal heal only. It does not benefit teammates. There are no tricks and gimmicks that come from the heal. It’s just a plain, straight up regen. It gets screwed by poison easily.

Rangers have a team condition-cleansing water field heal. Necros have a full condition wipe heal. Engineers can burst heal very frequently due to multiple short CD heals. “Best heal in GW2” is relative.

in PvP

Zodian.6597

Has anyone ever tried playing warrior pre-buffs? The answer would be so obvious then. The demands that a warrior must meet (in terms of functionality in team fights) requires that they have sustain, and before the healing signet buff, warriors lacked this tremendously.

For the longest time since launch, warriors were built super glass cannon because it was the only viable way to play warrior – kill things with frenzy faster than getting killed yourself. It was awful.

Now that warriors finally have an option for sustain, so many new viable builds have opened up. No more cheesy GS/axe frenzy warriors. Now we have condition damagers, stun lockers, team support through shouts, sustained damage off-tanks, etc. All tournament viable. Shouldn’t this be the golden standard that ArenaNet should follow for designing the other classes, in terms of variety?

Yeah i played warrior before the buffs and i kittening sucked at it. Now i’m a based god on warrior. But hey, why should any class take skill right? Lets give mesmers perma invisability and guardians perma invuln, kitten it!

Neglekt

(edited by Zodian.6597)

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

it is working fine now.

it was too weak previously.

in PvP

zone.1073

Now i’m a based god on warrior. But hey, why should any class take skill right? Lets give mesmers perma invisability and guardians perma invuln, kitten it!

Really? May I ask what your rank is on the leaderboard?

in PvP

garethh.3518

that’s not even mentioning the adrenaline health trait (which is like another +400 hp/sec).

It’s per 3 seconds and 120 per tier of adrenaline (max = 360hp/3s).
So at best, if you sit on tier 3 adrenaline, you get a lil under an unbuffed regen tick…

You should at least google numbers before making crazy claims?

(edited by garethh.3518)

in PvP

Zodian.6597

Now i’m a based god on warrior. But hey, why should any class take skill right? Lets give mesmers perma invisability and guardians perma invuln, kitten it!

idk I haven’t checked since they released soloqueue, like 400 i think? Anyways, all I know is before the buffs I died -like ALOT on warrior (i play every class, but warrior was by far my weakest). Now I can run around 1v3ing ppl while watching dexter on my second monitor. Get low, disengage for a few seconds, go back in get a kill, ect…

If you truly think warrior is in a good place right now you’re insane. They needed buffs, but they got overbuffed to the point where playing one successfully doesn’t even feel rewarding.

Neglekt

in PvP

Zodian.6597

that’s not even mentioning the adrenaline health trait (which is like another +400 hp/sec).

It’s per 3 seconds and 120 per tier of adrenaline (max = 360hp/3s).
So at best, if you sit on tier 3 adrenaline, you get a lil under an unbuffed regen tick…

You should at least google numbers before making crazy claims?

ope your right, that’s embarrassing! -still quiet a bit of additional hp though

Neglekt

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Can’t tell if troll or srs o.0 lol

Knowing fugazi she serious

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

why?

why you ask?
because the best bunker in the game has close to 1/2 of warriors HP and Ele used to be the unkilleable god. tell me more about armor and HP.
im glad that you are not a developer.

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

in PvP

Posted by: KumaTazZ.8054

KumaTazZ.8054

Ele used to be like this, good damage, good healing power, good mobility all in one and got nerfed to dirt.

Why war can still have all in one and no sign in nerfing ….

in PvP

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

Ele used to be like this, good damage, good healing power, good mobility all in one and got nerfed to dirt.

because war is not op as ele used to be and war has been free kill tier for more then 6 months? why do you even use “still”, you sound like warrior have been like this longer then ele being god.

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

in PvP

Gallrvaghn.4921

There’s not enough QQ posts yet to trigger the nerf hammer burst. It needs more adrenaline.

in PvP

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

because war is not op as ele used to be and war has been free kill tier for more then 6 months? why do you even use “still”, you sound like warrior have been like this longer then ele being god.

You’re just a bad player using an overly buffed profession and you think to be good….warrior was already strong from the beginning. maybe you should read more what @Jonathan Sharp said recently.

The warrior was before a profession which would require a modicum of skills to be playable like ele but better, they devs simply made so even unskilled players like you can now use the warrior.

My friends( Jonwar-HurrDurr) who used to play GW2, were like gods on their warriors during team fights, no zerker gear nonsense, they CC wreck train or eviscerate killshot, able to disengage at will and support allies.

I’m glad they left the game before their loved profession got reduced to this…I would be seriously offended if my friends would be compared to players of your level.

in PvP

Posted by: Divinity.8041

Divinity.8041

The one that you don’t have to use.

The one that requires no thought, timing or skill from the player

The one that can’t be skillfully interrupted by an opponent.

With Berserker gear a Warrior regenerates at 407hp a second with a Healing Signet.

407. Every second.
4070 every 10 seconds.
24420 a minute…

For other Professions to achieve levels of healing like that they would need to equip Cleric’s Amulets.

“Just burst them down” people say.

But the Warrior comes with heavy armour, the highest base hp, 2 ways to access Endure Pain, 8s of condition immunity, 3s of Shield Block, 2 ways to get 8s of Stability plus Leaps, Whirls and Charges to use as disengage tools.

It’s too much for one build to have everything with this sort of completely thoughtless yet powerful passive healing.

Healing Signet needs to be nerfed so that it can remain effective for those who want to focus some stats and traits into survivability (like other Professions have to) but become balanced against other professions with Berserker gear.

So Healing Signet needs its base healing drastically reduced and then it needs to have better scaling with Healing Power. More like base 250 per second.

So if someone chooses to run Valkyrie, Settler’s or Cleric’s Amulet they will get good healing.
But someone in Berserker gear will not get Cleric bunker healing levels while playing a ‘glass cannon’.

Mending and Healing Surge should provide better healing than Healing Signet because they are skills you actually have to think about using, skills that can be interrupted by opponents.

GW2 has been moving towards more and more passive play in the last several months, passive skills should be the least effective options as they require no thought to use.
Healing Signet, pet swarms, high damage condition procs from auto-attack.

407 per second? I thought it was like every 5 seconds.

This should be all that is needed to get nerfed. That’s 4070 HP every ten seconds that doesn’t require any thought whatsoever. You can’t interrupt it and there is no counter play. This is disgusting.

Combine this with the other parts on a warrior, I mean really, what is the drawback? There are none.

Insane DPS in a BUNKER form.
Insane Healing/mobility
Best condi clear in game, every 8 seconds…something has got to give.

The above is like a pre d/d ele nerf on steroids. Admit it.

I personally won’t roll a warrior just because people don’t respect you even if you rack up points in hotjoin or yoloq, but that is besides the point. But there is NO risk at all, but 100% reward.

and on top of this garbage? Hammer 4 got buffed.

R40 Mesmer
Hypercrushed

in PvP

Posted by: ExaFlare.1390

ExaFlare.1390

bunker glass cannons.

enough said

Server : Vizunah Square [FR]
Chars : Exa Flare | Exaflare | Aurora Wall | Aurora Sword | Azure Flame God

in PvP

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I don’t understand why we even have ANY passive skills in a game where we only have 10-15 abilities to work with in the first place.

Do we really need to make combat even simpler?

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

I would suggest cetain people play different professions for a change, Or certain people stop buffing their niche profession..

But i would only get infracted apparently.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Maximum Base Armor
Maximum Base Health
Best Healing per Second

Problem is: Healing Signet is either useless or too strong.

Either its passive healing outclasses other heals evekittenmilar HPS values, either it heals so much less that nobody takes it.

I honestly don’t want a “noob skill” taking a slot, a skill that is easy to use but extremely weak.

We need to redesign Healing Signet. Completely.

Example: change it into a toggle signet. While toggled off it does nothing. While toggled on it heals for 850 hp/s (or different) BUT it increases your damage taken by 50% (or different). Every toggle has a 5 seconds cooldown (or different).

It should have a high hps and a high increase in damage taken. Risk and reward. You use it wrong? You get killed in seconds. You use it better than your opponents can exploit it? It will fuel your healthbar like crazy.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in PvP

redslion.9675

idk I haven’t checked since they released soloqueue, like 400 i think? Anyways, all I know is before the buffs I died -like ALOT on warrior (i play every class, but warrior was by far my weakest). Now I can run around 1v3ing ppl while watching dexter on my second monitor. Get low, disengage for a few seconds, go back in get a kill, ect…

If you truly think warrior is in a good place right now you’re insane. They needed buffs, but they got overbuffed to the point where playing one successfully doesn’t even feel rewarding.

However, there are different warrior builds. Don’t use CC and you’ll have fun again. LB/GS is always here for us.XD

in PvP

redslion.9675

However, there are different warrior builds. Don’t use CC and you’ll have fun again. LB/GS is always here for us.XD

in PvP

Posted by: Ezrael.6859

Ezrael.6859

why?

The active heal sucking is not an argument when the passive healing every second is better than any other personal heal.

If Shelter for a Guardian provided 400 hp a second in regeneration but the active effect was only a 1000 heal every 30s I would still take it because it would still be better than any other heal I could take.

The passive healing of the signet provides huge staying power and if you get low and need to heal you just disengage for 10s and come back with 4070 more hp.
Consider how easily that works in fights, and the massive healing over time it can provide.
With the Healing Signet – Shield Block also becomes a 1221 heal.
Endure Pain becomes a 2035 heal.

in PvP

Posted by: Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

What I suggest, what I have only ever suggested is that ‘balance’ be changed to ‘fix’

OK. I feel better now.

I think most people can agree that the direction some of the design philosophy has gone (piling on one mind numbingly stupid hard counter spec on top of another, for instance) is less than ideal.

“Fixing” that is probably a better way to describe it, because the game as a whole isn’t really in a terribly imbalanced state. It is just an 8 variable game of paper-rock-scissors.

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

How about making the “Boon”.. into an actual “Boon”
wich can be “removed” like any other healing “Boon”

just saying..

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in PvP

Posted by: Gorni.1764

Gorni.1764

the thing is, most warriors have 30 points in Defense traits, meaning they are off-tanks. so you can’t complain about them being bunker glass cannons.

Bunker glass cannons?? wtf

Bunker-eles used to have 60-70 points in defense, had to use defensive amulet and also defensive runes and sigils. The damage was and is still laughable with such a spec – unless the enemy is 100% glasscannon you can’t kill anything. As for survivability: you can’t blame a real bunker for tanking one player or two players for a longer period of time but if that bunker runs around with berserker-amulett, perma-CCing any other class, tanking 3 people for a minute without problems and is still doing good enough damage to actually win a 1v1 there’s something wrong. Yes, Ele bunker was strong. But they had literally all of the traits and utilities they used nerfed:

• Lightning-Flash: Stun-Break removed
  • Mist Form: can’t use spells in it anymore
  • Healing-Signet: passive heal lowered
  • Cleansing Water: internal CD added
  • Soothing Disruption: lowered duration of granted boons
  • Evasive Arcana: removed explo-finishers (ok, that was buggy and overpowered, but what about berserker-stance?)
  • Renewing Stamina: added internal CD
  • Boon-Duration Runes nerfed from 15% to 10%
  • RTL CD doubled
  • Healing Ripple: heal nerfed
  • Bountiful Power: changed from 2% to 1% bonus-damage per boon
  • Zephyr’s Boon: Bug-fixed

That’s 12 nerfs for a single build (remember: our only viable build), without any buffs at that time.
By doing so Anet also completely destroyed other ele-builds by taking away the last bits of defense we had. → Eles either play kamikaze-bomber or still run around with that now useless bunker-build (or stopped playing like most of us).

Warriors are in a far better position now than eles have ever been. So where are the warrior nerfs? Haven’t seen a single one yet.

Rachat – Elementalist (Abbadon’s Mouth)