Why no Damage/Heal/Capture scores?

in PvP

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

Every other MMO let’s you track your teammates stats, it feels weird how you can’t check this after almost 2 years

in PvP

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

Without tracking heals and damage. It would be nice to see your caps, decaps, kills, time spent defending a contested node, special objectives (bosses, orbs, trebs etc). It would be a great help determining your contribution to the fight. I could spend most of the fight bunking home against several people and have a score as low as 10 or 15. Doesn’t mean I haven’t contributed as much as other on my team.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in PvP

Posted by: JonathanSharp.7094

JonathanSharp.7094

Game Design Lead

This is a good point. We’d like to revisit this system at some point.

What types of specific stats do you want to see (keep in mind combat stats vs “gamemode” stats)? How much info is too much info?

I think it’s good to show more info for these types of things, but keep in mind that if we add too much, it can be overwhelming for some players. Due to that we’d want to find a nice balance between too little and too much.

IGN: Chaplan
“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.”
-Arthur Schopenhauer

in PvP

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

Give us a breakdown of where all the points came from. Example, red team scored 10 unique kills for 50 points, scored 450 from ticks, won with 500. Blue team scored 6 unique kills for 30 points, scored only 300 from ticks, and capped orb 3 times for 90 points, lost with 420.

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

in PvP

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

Give us a breakdown of where all the points came from. Example, red team scored 10 unique kills for 50 points, scored 450 from ticks, won with 500. Blue team scored 6 unique kills for 30 points, scored only 300 from ticks, and capped orb 3 times for 90 points, lost with 420.

^^^^ This and have a split showing your personal stats, kills, decaps, caps etc.

What would be nice is for that information to not disappear when everyone leaves the instance and kicks you back to the Myst. Iif that is an impossibility then limit the information to what an average human being can assimilated in that short window after the match ends and when you get booted.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

If you are worried about overwhelming new players, why not copy League, another friendly game for new players, by presenting similar information to what we have now, but maybe explained better (why did my team win, why didn’t we win, why did the enemy team win, etc.), and then have separate tabs for more specific breakdowns.

For example, first screen can stay as is on the top, the bottom instead of being some stats about myself, show how each team got its points. Then have a separate tab that shows where I got my points, and also various stats about what each player did (like in League you can see a full chart of damage done, healing done, etc. but only if you want to).

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Posted by: The Gates Assassin.9827

The Gates Assassin.9827

Main: Raine Avina (Engineer)
Message me any time in game.

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

-snip-

Categorize them in tabs with six in each:

Damage
Condition Damage Done
Physical Damage Done
Reflect Damage Done
Stomps
Overall Damage Done

Objective
Captures Prevented
Constructs Destroyed
Creatures Killed
Decaps Prevented
Points Captured
Points Neutralized

Personal
Damage Received
Deaths
Disrupted
Dodges
Healing Received
Interrupts

Support
Damage Blocked
Damage Dodged
Damage Evaded
Damage Reflected
Healing Done
Resurrections
-
In SW:TOR, you have the option to see: All, Allies and Enemies in tabs (that would be nice). I also like the idea of an MVP vote option like in SW:TOR. You can’t vote for yourself, you have to vote for someone else on your team… the player then gets a bonus for the MVP placement.

Attachments:

(edited by Jasher.6580)

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I’d say to keep it simple. Kills, deaths, decaps, caps

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Being able to see the point breakdown of the match and especially damage done by each player would be HUGE in terms of figuring out where you or your team is lacking.

in PvP

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

Points gained per node please

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Have 2 tabs:

Players

• Damage Done
  • Damage Received
  • Healing Done
  • Healing Received
  • Number of successful dodges
  • Number of successful cc (stun/fear/daze)
  • Number of successful rez
  • Number of successful stomp

Game mode: Conquest

• Number of cap
  • Number of decap
  • Number of stall (if the point is contested for more than 10 seconds, it counts as a stall)
  • Extra points (like boss kills, orb runs)

Keep it simple, we don’t need to separate condition damage and physical damage. Other stats like rez/stomp are much more useful.

Also, please darken the health bar with the amount of damage conditions would take if not cleansed.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in PvP

Jasher.6580

Have 2 tabs:

Players

• Damage Done
  • Damage Received
  • Healing Done
  • Healing Received
  • Number of successful dodges
  • Number of successful cc (stun/fear/daze)
  • Number of successful rez
  • Number of successful stomp

Game mode: Conquest

• Number of cap
  • Number of decap
  • Number of stall (if the point is contested for more than 10 seconds, it counts as a stall)
  • Extra points (like boss kills, orb runs)

Keep it simple, we don’t need to separate condition damage and physical damage. Other stats like rez/stomp are much more useful.

Also, please darken the health bar with the amount of damage conditions would take if not cleansed.

I wouldn’t mind this simplified option either.

in PvP

Posted by: Marcos.3690

Marcos.3690

What types of specific stats do you want to see (keep in mind combat stats vs “gamemode” stats)? How much info is too much info?

I think it’s good to show more info for these types of things, but keep in mind that if we add too much, it can be overwhelming for some players. Due to that we’d want to find a nice balance between too little and too much.

-Total Damage done
-Total Healing done

- #of kills (only the player stomping or last hiting the downed gets the kill)
- #of assists
- #of deaths

I really think that K/D/A is important in GW2 because of it’s nature. Sometimes you don’t know what’s going wrong and this info would be really helpful.
ie: you may be dying too much (too many deaths), maybe you are too bunkerish (low Kills & assists), the bunker is not stomping properly (too many assists), the far point assaulter is being killed all the time, etc.

(edited by Marcos.3690)

in PvP

Posted by: Helly.2597

Helly.2597

Personally I don’t see a whole lot of need for a “Total Healing Done” aspect for the scoreboard. Classes that really are viable that offer any real healing are Guardian (virtue, staff 2, and empower being the main ones), Elementalist, and Engineer (with it only really being their water field).

Another problem with it is how to count the healing done. Currently, water field blasts scale off the healing power of the blaster, which would indicate that it would count as the blaster’s healing. Which leads to the question who’s contributed more to the healing, the person who drops a field or one who blasts it.

IMO what would be nice to see is;
Damage Done
Damage Received
Decaps
Captures
Kills
Deaths
Assists

A breakdown of the score based on points from cap, other objectives (lord/orb), and kills would be nice as someone mentioned above.

I personally feel that making it so you can look at previous tournament games after the fact would be very nice, even if its just the scoreboard. If you want to go all out on this, make it so you can watch via replay your last 3ish tournament games, if this is possible I think the changes in the scoreboard would have a greater effect.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]
Ferguson’s Crossing Roamer

in PvP

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

• Time spent on point

This would be pretty big in its own way just for the ability to determine who is and is not playing the obvious objective. Obviously there are other things and strategies that occur in a match, but it does allow for people to account for their actions and locations during a map a bit better, which is important for individual players, but HUGE for teams looking to improve their strategies.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in PvP

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

-snip-

Categorize them in tabs with six in each:

Damage
Condition Damage Done
Physical Damage Done
Reflect Damage Done
Stomps
Overall Damage Done

Objective
Captures Prevented
Constructs Destroyed
Creatures Killed
Decaps Prevented
Points Captured
Points Neutralized

Personal
Damage Received
Deaths
Disrupted
Dodges
Healing Received
Interrupts

Support
Damage Blocked
Damage Dodged
Damage Evaded
Damage Reflected
Healing Done
Resurrections
-
In SW:TOR, you have the option to see: All, Allies and Enemies in tabs (that would be nice). I also like the idea of an MVP vote option like in SW:TOR. You can’t vote for yourself, you have to vote for someone else on your team… the player then gets a bonus for the MVP placement.

I was going to mention SWTOR myself.
I really like the layout of the board and what it shows. However.. it can be quite frustrating when you get a team full of people who ONLY play the game with one objective in mind… to throw conditions around aimlessly to top the damage board.

in PvP

Posted by: TainoFuerte.8136

TainoFuerte.8136

You guys really do think poorly of your players, don’t you?

I’ve heard you guys say this off before and I’m still not sure when it’s ever been relevant.

Not when you charged us for unlocking skills in sPvP, and not now.

Who are these “some” players and why do they matter? Are these “some” players relevant only in this game or do they exist in other PvP games that are both more popular and more complex than yours? Why are random numbers on a scoreboard “overwhelming”? Do their brains explode? Do they have to uninstall when they can’t understand that the number under damage means how much damage was dealt?

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.5027

Pyriall.5027

I see what you did there…

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

I think time spent on point for conquest, rezzes/stomps/kills, points earned from map objectives, and maybe just damage done. I only care about hearing about who helped me win the most, so even damage done can be misleading because it could be someone camping spawn and ultimately not contributing.

in PvP

Posted by: Jugglemonkey.8741

Jugglemonkey.8741

If you don’t wanna overload people, you could have it print the stats in a chat screen at the end of a game, much like the combat log works. That way, players who want to see the stats can, and others who don’t care won’t even notice the change. Everyone’s happy ^^

Critical Kit, Thief.
Don’t follow me, unless you enjoy being chased by angry men with sticks.
Power Build Condi Build

in PvP

Posted by: Gorni.1764

Gorni.1764

I’d provide as much information as possible and maybe make the interface customizable, so that more experienced players can see addtitional stuff if they want.
In return the current point-system (5P for Kill, 10P capturing point, etc.) should be completely removed from the overview since it encourages especially newer players to just farm those points without caring about the game as a whole.

So here is the stuff I’d like to see:

• what’s most important are K(direct stomp/last-hit in downed state)/D/A-stats (that’s what pvp usually is all about)
  • second comes total damage done/recieved as well as healing done/recieved (also including the heal from rezzing players)
  • third would be stat’s that you can already see like points captured/neutralized/defended (however, this kind of information is pretty much meaningless since skilled players usually fight on points and once the teamfight is over immediately leave and don’t get the credit for neutralizing or capturing the point) -> shortening this information may help to improve gameplay in hotjoin
  • what I personally like to see is the number of applied boons (to allies) to underline the importance of support-builds
  • the amount of rezzes should also be shown
  • and last but not least map-specific objectives like NPC-kills, Trebuchet-Hits and so on

some optional stuff:

• differentiation between condition/direct-damage
  • number of CCs
  • time spent on captured point (so that players defending points won’t get flamed for having low stats)
Rachat – Elementalist (Abbadon’s Mouth)

(edited by Gorni.1764)

in PvP

Posted by: Wolf.5816

Wolf.5816

[/quote]

Now I have never played SW:TOR but Adding in more features to let players feel more engaged or involved in each game would be fantastic.

These all could simply add mild bonuses to your PvP ranks, titles or perhaps even your Reward tracks, making unlocking these features more involving to those who play effectively.

Bonus Features for example:

-Revenge: gain a bonus for killing the player who previously killed you.
-Double Kill: gain a slight bonus for killing two players in X seconds.
-Triple Kill: gain a bonus for killing three players in X seconds.
-Massacre: gain a large bonus for killing more than three opponents in X seconds.
-Immortal: gain a bonus at the end of the match for never dying.
-Slippery: gain a bonus once your health gets below 5% and live.
-Head Hunter: gain a bonus for killing every member of the enemy team.
-Justice: gain a bonus for Killing an enemy that recently killed one of your allies.
-Vigilant:gain a bonus every X minutes for standing on a captured point.
-Persistence: gain a bonus for dying X times in X minutes.
-Pharmacist: gain a bonus for curing X conditions off allies.
-Medic: gain a bonus for healing X total health amongst your allies.
-Professional: gain a bonus for interrupting an enemies Heal Skill.

Some fun statistics to see per game would be:

-Total time spent incapacitated: total accumulated time you were unable to control your character.
-Favorite Boon: the boon that had the most upkeep on your character.
-Favorite Kill: What effect/skill from a source you control dealt the most damage.
-Favorite Death: What effect/skill more frequently caused your death.
-Supporter: Number of allies effected by boons from your source.
-Most grateful: The ally that gained the most health from a source that your control.
-Masters Reflex: Number of successful dodges.
-Toxicity: Number of healing prevented through poison from your source.

Veteran of The Mists & Professional Engineer
Dingo King-Hound King-Coyoti King-Thylacine King-Hyena King

in PvP

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

Amazing idea . . . would make SPVP more professional.

It would be good to store this information in another instance so we could always check the numbers from previous matches . . .at least for the current login.

This is because when matches finish it automatically loads the new match and do not give time to the user to check the numbers.

in PvP

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

If you are worried about overwhelming new players, why not copy League, another friendly game for new players, by presenting similar information to what we have now, but maybe explained better (why did my team win, why didn’t we win, why did the enemy team win, etc.), and then have separate tabs for more specific breakdowns.

For example, first screen can stay as is on the top, the bottom instead of being some stats about myself, show how each team got its points. Then have a separate tab that shows where I got my points, and also various stats about what each player did (like in League you can see a full chart of damage done, healing done, etc. but only if you want to).

I think this is by far the best idea. It gives you the best of both worlds. You have a simple and quick to read summary, much like we have now, then you have several tabs where more detailed info is displayed. Then you can add as much info as you like to the score board and put them in appropriately labeled tabs. Your scores, other player’s scores, team scores, deaths, kills, damage, healing, support/control skills uses, you name it. If you add all this info inside other tabs you can add as much as you like without it effecting players who only want to see a quick summary.

Also, to expand on this idea a little, maybe at the bottom of the summary, you could have a small selection of customizable info. For example, say you want to keep track of how much time you spend on point each game, but don’t want to keep changing tabs each time, you could select this stat from a dropdown list in the options menu, and select a couple (or maybe just one?) stat which will display on the summary for quick reference.

With or without my customizable summary idea, the ‘summary + tabs’ system will appeal to a much wider audience than just having one (a simple summary) or the other (lots of details).

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

in PvP

Jasher.6580

Now I have never played SW:TOR but Adding in more features to let players feel more engaged or involved in each game would be fantastic.

These all could simply add mild bonuses to your PvP ranks, titles or perhaps even your Reward tracks, making unlocking these features more involving to those who play effectively.

-Massacre: gain a large bonus for killing more than three opponents in X seconds.
-Justice: gain a bonus for Killing an enemy that recently killed one of your allies.

-Total time spent incapacitated: total accumulated time you were unable to control your character.
-Favorite Kill: What effect/skill from a source you control dealt the most damage.
-Most grateful: The ally that gained the most health from a source that your control.

This. Is. Genius.

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

This. Is. Genius.

Yeah, I think it could create a lot of goals/ incentives for players to try their best.

in PvP

Posted by: Jugglemonkey.8741

Jugglemonkey.8741

This. Is. Genius.

Yeah, I think it could create a lot of goals/ incentives for players to try their best.

Kinda reminds me of the titles you got at the end of a round in Timesplitters 2. I always got most manic and friendly fire, rocket launchers are dangerous lol :P

Critical Kit, Thief.
Don’t follow me, unless you enjoy being chased by angry men with sticks.
Power Build Condi Build

in PvP

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

[/quote]

Anet make it happen . . .

in PvP

Posted by: Wolf.5816

Wolf.5816

Perhaps one day we’ll even get an optional voice to shout out such things as “Double Kill!” Or “Professional!” While playing!

This could of course be toggled on or off in a UI menu.

….right next to the “Auto decline Duel Requests” for when we get the option to duel. (Hint hint)

Veteran of The Mists & Professional Engineer
Dingo King-Hound King-Coyoti King-Thylacine King-Hyena King