Will ranger's spirit bug be fixed aug 6th?

in PvP

Posted by: Parisalchuk.9230

Parisalchuk.9230

We are talking about a supposed DPS class whose only viable/op/imba/FOTM build is as SUPPORT because need a rework in each of their trait lines or weapons???

Delete ranger class pls.

I’m talking about a class that needs more focus on the class not their AIs.

I have a ranger and, yes, we need more focus on the CLASS, but you should talk with Anet, because when i choosed a ranger i thought it was a DPS class not a support one , people use Spirits build because each time Rangers have a nice build Anet nerf it, now rangers only have one VIABLE build in SPvP, blame Anet not rangers.

I didn’t mean to blame rangers. I just wanted to address the issue. I just can’t help it though when rangers think I want them to not exist. I just want them to be awesome, not OP.

Then dont say things like “Spirit rangers are the bottom-dwellers of no skill.” Im sorry we are playing the only viable build for our class in pvp.

O O O O I I I O – Spoons and Sporks [Soup] (Retired)
http://www.twitch.tv/parisalchuk

in PvP

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

I mean, Play2Win right? Of course any competitive person in their right mind is going to pick this build up and play with it.

First and foremost—I AM NOT THE COMMUNITY. I don’t care what anyone else has complained about. My focus is spirit rangers so don’t compare me to whoever has complained in the past. I understand that people will have to pick up whatever they need to—to win. But I can’t just sit around and twiddle my thumbs while Anet thinks this specific build for rangers is okay. It’s not. But in addition, I want rangers to have more viable competitive builds, not this joke of one.

Killing those spirits may be effective, but it’s wasting your time and your resources to dish out on another player. 1-on-1 maybe it’d be okay, but you’d still have to deal with evade + protection uptime + regen, condi cleanse. It’s pretty rough. I’m not saying it transforms a newb into a Jumper or whoever you think is a good player. I’m saying this build is a freebie to any competent player who wants an edge on their team. Low skill cap, High output mastery. Necro mancers are annoying with their long-range bursts, but they aren’t as tanky as Rangers and they can’t handle pressure. Rangers can. I’m not talking about Necros anyways nor have I really complained about them that much. Why keep on bringing irrelevant topics.

First, we have no idea what Anet thinks about the spirit build, in fact they have indicated the exact opposite of what your put forth. They acknowledged they dont like AI dependent builds, however they also stated they would not change meta before PAX. We are currently in a wait state.

Next, killing spirits in a 1v1 or during team fight down time between targets is hardly a waste of your time or resources, especially because of the bonuses they add. In a high level team fight its not spike spike spike spike. You have cooldowns, there is free casting and waiting, thats when you eliminate spirits. Did the ranger come to the fight at the start, take them out before you fully engage.

Finally, and probably one of the most hypocritical things Ive seen on this forum in a while. If we are going to talk about how Spirit Ranger is a freebie to lower skilled players then how am I not allowed to bring up the next freebie to low skilled players – the necromancer in current meta. Please, how is discussing similarly “OP and easy to play” classes irrelevant? So yes, they are more susceptible to pressure, but they also get this lovely Plague Form skill to mitigate so much damage. In addition, because they are so long range with their marks they are often highly protected by their team. And lets not act like Spirit Ranger doesnt have its weaknesses; Ive already pointed them out. A single stunbreaker on long cooldown based on a trait. CC the kitten ranger.

I understand that nothing is going to change until after Pax.

The Spirit Ranger build has less to worry about. Even if they get beaten, I think the assaulter has to try at least 3x harder.

I can’t stop you from bringing up the necromancer, but it’s hard to talk about the issue for a specific build when you try to say “There are bigger issues at hand – the necro”. It’s like because I got robbed on the street as opposed to a bank being robbed, we need to talk about the bank before we can address my issue. It just doesn’t make sense.

My issue is with spirit rangers. It has nothing to do with necros. That can be said in another thread.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

(edited by ArcTheFallen.7682)

in PvP

ArcTheFallen.7682

We are talking about a supposed DPS class whose only viable/op/imba/FOTM build is as SUPPORT because need a rework in each of their trait lines or weapons???

Delete ranger class pls.

I have a ranger and, yes, we need more focus on the CLASS, but you should talk with Anet, because when i choosed a ranger i thought it was a DPS class not a support one , people use Spirits build because each time Rangers have a nice build Anet nerf it, now rangers only have one VIABLE build in SPvP, blame Anet not rangers.

I didn’t mean to blame rangers. I just wanted to address the issue. I just can’t help it though when rangers think I want them to not exist. I just want them to be awesome, not OP.

Then dont say things like “Spirit rangers are the bottom-dwellers of no skill.” Im sorry we are playing the only viable build for our class in pvp.

I said spirit rangers specifically, and I still don’t think they require skill :S Other ranger builds, I reckon they would. It’s okay to be competitive, but it’s a build that needs to be looked at in the next balance patch. The other traitlines need to be looked at as well so rangers can stand their own ground without the pet. It’d be awesome if there was an elite to transfer the pet’s power to you and then the pet disappears for a bit while you wreck people solo. ideerno

in PvP

Posted by: DevO.9854

DevO.9854

Delete ranger class pls.

I said spirit rangers specifically, and I still don’t think they require skill :S Other ranger builds, I reckon they would. It’s okay to be competitive, but it’s a build that needs to be looked at in the next balance patch. The other traitlines need to be looked at as well so rangers can stand their own ground without the pet. It’d be awesome if there was an elite to transfer the pet’s power to you and then the pet disappears for a bit while you wreck people solo. ideerno

Ok I’m going to stop you from your misconception you seem to be having trouble with. No one wants to play spirit ranger, people defend it because it is 1. the only viable build we have by a mile 2. You are overstating how strong it is.

Here is a fact, for you if you die to a spirit ranger with no sun spirit up you are bad at this game. I mean seriously its time to reevaluate your idea of being competitive and making balance suggestions.

Rangers without our spirits can dodge a few times and do no damage, please don’t overstate how good we are with no spirits.

PVE rangers want Spirits and pets to be good, generally no pvp ranger wants that, it is awful, you don’t need to prove that to us.

Honestly give me a setup where I can make use 1 spirit and a trap and a stunbreaker like lightening reflexes and be really versitile like I think rangers should be and I will be happy. However the issue is with trait lines it is all or nothing for us. Just so happens that all can be really good or that nothing is really bad.

in PvP

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

I would say Necromancers or warriors require no skill either . hell, even thieves or elementalists are easy enough to play…

Honestly, this game is easy to play

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Well I don’t think what the spirits do is a problem, but the fact that the cooldown starts after they summon them instead of after they die. If its not a bug, then guardian spirit weapons and necro pets are bugged then.

Agreed. Spirit weapons and minions starting recharge on death is why you never see spirit weapon guardians. A) There damage sucks. The weapons get destroyed by a gust of wind. C) the recharges are exhaustive.

Just another example of profession disparity. Their add’s recharge from cast..your add’s recharge from death and only last 20 seconds.

in PvP

Posted by: somsom.5201

somsom.5201

One last thing to all of the ranger lovers crying L2P. Why keep on defending an unbalanced build? I want Rangers to have like millions of builds just not dependent on AIs and passive play. I want to say “Wow, that was really hard to land.” Or “Wow, that was a really good combo. GG” Not “Wow, he can just press buttons.” Rangers need more ‘timed’ mechanics, not uptime mechanics.

What you’re asking for is something ANet has previously said is NOT their goal for the Ranger class. Take it up with ANet; stop blaming the player for using the builds available to them and the AI that goes along with it. ANet want/s/ed Ranger to be VERY dependent on AI support and to NOT be a “solo” class. I don’t particularly like it either(I’d rather have NO pets if possible and receive some kind of buff in return) but that’s how it is.

As for the OP: play it for awhile and you’ll see the downsides/weaknesses.

Numero Uno: to be truly effective with it you need to spec FULLY into spirits; this ends up missing out on some “good” traits(Prot, Vigor, Shouts, etc).

Numero Duos: the build is fairly “easy” to counter: kill spirits(direct dmg or aoe), CC ranger, etc. A good warrior/thief can lockdown someone with this build in about .00001s and gg the fight. If you instead choose to fight on the same grounds as the ranger…then I dunno what to say other than l2p and understand the build/class better.

in PvP

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

Delete ranger class pls.

Don’t take this the wrong way, but I think you as a player need to be looked at in the next balance patch.

Seems like you have very little know how when comes to spirit rangers. If anything they need to buff the Spirit’s cause atm vs a good team they have become USELESS.

Our elite always gets interrupted when trying to res. Our minor spirit’s are dead in first few seconds of battle. And soon as we recast them same thing happens again.

We are no longer the king’s of back point. Just take a Engi and you counter any type of ranger build we have for back point.

So what are we left with, taking our only viable build to mid fight just to have the spirit insta-gibbed leaving us with next to no DPS at all.

Now tell me how is that “OP”, and I don’t want to hear I can’t beat spirit rangers with my 1v1 hero build. Not every build is meant to counter every single build in the game. There are thief builds that destroy the spirit ranger 1v1, but these thief builds are not the current meta, so current meta builds have problem’s vs the spirit build.

Player’s like you shouldn’t be posting on the forums at all.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

I don’t understand how people imagine that ranger is a low skill class. The spirits do absolutely nothing for you. Besides movement, the ranger controls every single aspect of a spirit. Saying “spirit AI OP” is ridiculous when the “AI” runs around in a circle.

In terms of skill, the gap between different skill levels of rangers is huge. Pit a random ranger versus someone who is a good ranger and you will watch the other ranger drop hard. The rangers who are covering conditions, using their actives wisely and evading well are the reason people are complaining and saying “op!”

The entire function of the ranger is to be the best homepoint defender and midpoint support. From what I gather, people on these forums want rangers to lose 1v1 versus any class specced for midpoint fights. Honestly, if Rangers were removed from the game people would complain about whatever class becomes the homepoint bunker because they won’t be able to beat a 1v1 spec with a teamfight spec.

Ranger | Elementalist

in PvP

ArcTheFallen.7682

Delete ranger class pls.

Don’t take this the wrong way, but I think you as a player need to be looked at in the next balance patch.

Seems like you have very little know how when comes to spirit rangers. If anything they need to buff the Spirit’s cause atm vs a good team they have become USELESS.

Our elite always gets interrupted when trying to res. Our minor spirit’s are dead in first few seconds of battle. And soon as we recast them same thing happens again.

We are no longer the king’s of back point. Just take a Engi and you counter any type of ranger build we have for back point.

So what are we left with, taking our only viable build to mid fight just to have the spirit insta-gibbed leaving us with next to no DPS at all.

Now tell me how is that “OP”, and I don’t want to hear I can’t beat spirit rangers with my 1v1 hero build. Not every build is meant to counter every single build in the game. There are thief builds that destroy the spirit ranger 1v1, but these thief builds are not the current meta, so current meta builds have problem’s vs the spirit build.

Player’s like you shouldn’t be posting on the forums at all.

Wow, complain about one thing out of all the builds out there and I shouldn’t post? Beating a spirit ranger is much harder than beating most other classes and it’s an easy to pick up build. I don’t know how much more I can say about that. I’m frustrated that Anet is letting this go by and calling it a competitive game. People can play whatever they want to play, but you can tell when a ranger is good or just using it because they don’t know how to master their class in other aspects. BM rangers still exist and I’ve seen some people in competitive play near the top 1000 using it. Why is 90% of the rangers I see still spirits though? I can’t blame someone for wanting to pick the flavor of the month build. But I do hate people saying that it’s a L2P issue. Fine, I’ll learn to play against spirit rangers. But I swear, if I beat any of you guys who just don’t understand balance in tpvp, I’m going to shove it in your face for picking a kitten build.

edit: Also, I don’t want to talk about theoretical encounters. Just looking at the profile of the build can tell you it’s options compared to any other class. And don’t discount your teammates in a mid fight. Even if the buff is up for like 5 seconds, it’s enough to give your teammates and you the first hits with the buff proc.

in PvP

ArcTheFallen.7682

I don’t understand how people imagine that ranger is a low skill class. The spirits do absolutely nothing for you. Besides movement, the ranger controls every single aspect of a spirit. Saying “spirit AI OP” is ridiculous when the “AI” runs around in a circle.

In terms of skill, the gap between different skill levels of rangers is huge. Pit a random ranger versus someone who is a good ranger and you will watch the other ranger drop hard. The rangers who are covering conditions, using their actives wisely and evading well are the reason people are complaining and saying “op!”

The entire function of the ranger is to be the best homepoint defender and midpoint support. From what I gather, people on these forums want rangers to lose 1v1 versus any class specced for midpoint fights. Honestly, if Rangers were removed from the game people would complain about whatever class becomes the homepoint bunker because they won’t be able to beat a 1v1 spec with a teamfight spec.

Ranger has a lot of things that are a given such as a pet, arrows, spirits, etc. That’s usually why they are viewed as low skill. I thing rangers are hard to use for the most part, but spirit just make them ridiculous.

in PvP

ArcTheFallen.7682

I would say Necromancers or warriors require no skill either . hell, even thieves or elementalists are easy enough to play…

Honestly, this game is easy to play

This game is easy to play. But tpvp gets really dull when you see the same things over and over again.

in PvP

ArcTheFallen.7682

Delete ranger class pls.

Ok I’m going to stop you from your misconception you seem to be having trouble with. No one wants to play spirit ranger, people defend it because it is 1. the only viable build we have by a mile 2. You are overstating how strong it is.

Here is a fact, for you if you die to a spirit ranger with no sun spirit up you are bad at this game. I mean seriously its time to reevaluate your idea of being competitive and making balance suggestions.

Rangers without our spirits can dodge a few times and do no damage, please don’t overstate how good we are with no spirits.

PVE rangers want Spirits and pets to be good, generally no pvp ranger wants that, it is awful, you don’t need to prove that to us.

Honestly give me a setup where I can make use 1 spirit and a trap and a stunbreaker like lightening reflexes and be really versitile like I think rangers should be and I will be happy. However the issue is with trait lines it is all or nothing for us. Just so happens that all can be really good or that nothing is really bad.

It’s not a misconception, I know competitive players have no choice. I’m just not going to say that it’s a good build. It’s a horrible design. That’s it. Why do we need to feel insecure and protect something that’s bad?

in PvP

ArcTheFallen.7682

I’m not trying to tell everyone to stop playing ranger. I just want it to be known that the spirit build is imbalanced compared to other AI based builds. It needs to be changed and/or give other professions the same level of balance or just remove it period.

For those of you saying spirit ranger can be taken down easy and it’s a l2p. Why do people still run it? Obviously there is something about it that makes it better than other things.

For those who say it’s the only option. Yes, I’m actually sad about that. I hope there are more options in the future.

in PvP

ArcTheFallen.7682

Anyways, on topic though, they need to fix the bug. The tangent was mostly caused by someone saying it wasn’t a bug.

in PvP

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

I’m not trying to tell everyone to stop playing ranger. I just want it to be known that the spirit build is imbalanced compared to other AI based builds. It needs to be changed and/or give other professions the same level of balance or just remove it period.

For those of you saying spirit ranger can be taken down easy and it’s a l2p. Why do people still run it? Obviously there is something about it that makes it better than other things.

For those who say it’s the only option. Yes, I’m actually sad about that. I hope there are more options in the future.

Of course, people run it because it has a distinct edge over the competition. Saying its easy to kill is just to try to down play the fact thakittens a bug.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in PvP

Sol.4310

Why do people still run the spirit build, because its currently the best build on ranger for the current meta. So why would we stop playing our only viable build. Yes that’s right we have 1 viable build. And after many teams and player’s have started to learn how to play vs the spirit ranger, there becoming less and less viable vs good teams.

All you have done is whine about spirit’s but you haven’t stated any real fact’s, you don’t even play ranger as your main. So don’t come on here trying to say you know what your talking about when you don’t, most rangers understand our core problems and we deal with them on ranger forum’s.

I base my fact’s off TPvP where the real meta is not hotjoin’s or solo que.

Leave the balance to dev’s and let us ranger’s QQ about our own build’s.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in PvP

ArcTheFallen.7682

Why do people still run the spirit build, because its currently the best build on ranger for the current meta. So why would we stop playing our only viable build. Yes that’s right we have 1 viable build. And after many teams and player’s have started to learn how to play vs the spirit ranger, there becoming less and less viable vs good teams.

All you have done is whine about spirit’s but you haven’t stated any real fact’s, you don’t even play ranger as your main. So don’t come on here trying to say you know what your talking about when you don’t, most rangers understand our core problems and we deal with them on ranger forum’s.

GJ restating what I said except I’m not being a class-elitist about it. Sheesh. No real facts? Are you saying spirits don’t have easy access to protection? Have evades on weapon sets? Have one of the best condi cleanses in the game? I play all classes, so I am not some incompetent idiot flaunting random things out there. I’m not going to say I know more than you, but I’m not going to say you know more than me either. Tpvp w/o soloq? Where’s your team in tournaments? I haven’t heard of you at all. I know what meta is and I wouldnt even have to complain if rangers acknowledged it and made it more apparent that it’s a broken build. Seriously get off your high horse and back to the ranger forums if you are going to be a jerk about it.

in PvP

Sol.4310

GJ restating what I said except I’m not being a class-elitist about it. Sheesh. No real facts? Are you saying spirits don’t have easy access to protection? Have evades on weapon sets? Have one of the best condi cleanses in the game? I play all classes, so I am not some incompetent idiot flaunting random things out there. I’m not going to say I know more than you, but I’m not going to say you know more than me either. Tpvp w/o soloq? Where’s your team in tournaments? I haven’t heard of you at all. I know what meta is and I wouldnt even have to complain if rangers acknowledged it and made it more apparent that it’s a broken build. Seriously get off your high horse and back to the ranger forums if you are going to be a jerk about it.

Do you need to me to refer you to the simple guide I wrote up not long ago on how to beat Spirit ranger’s, its noob friendly so you should be fine.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in PvP

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

Do you need to me to refer you to the simple guide I wrote up not long ago on how to beat Spirit ranger’s, its noob friendly so you should be fine.

A guide would be possible if it was pve. But this is pvp.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in PvP

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

I like the part where killing Spirits is hard, and a certain player doesn’t want to waste time with it.

Oh how I miss the days of Dark Age of Camelot, where a single theurgist could spam a crap ton of pets at people, and the way you countered it was to clear the pets then kill the Theurgist.

Those days are long gone though.. Now its “Please Anet, these spirit pets that die in 3 hits are just to difficult for me to clear with aoe’s”

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

Spirit Rangers are in a good place. They are very… very easy to deal with if you know how to deal with them.

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

My profession can never, ever win with you people because of Anet.

The main QQ about spirit rangers is that they take little skill to play… yet are TOP TIER QUALITY.

Top tier specs shouldn’t be jokingly easy to play… ESPECIALLY the week before the first esports tourny… its actually kind of funny how that and s/d thieves might discourage more people from taking the game seriously (because how kittenty the depth is) than help… because game-tweaks are not a matter of just making specs ‘top tier quality or not’… but a matter of creating engaging gameplay…
Spirit ranger are not good at that in any sense…

And its all Anet’s fault for being god kitten awful at tweaking a game.
It’s at the point where I can only see ‘new devs or no real progress’
(I AM NOT JOKING IN THE SLIGHTEST, with a new team behind the tweaks, GW2 still has a long-shot, but actually a shot, at coming back from this mess…)
Which sucks… because so many games have gotten by with kittenty dev teams… but anyways, GW2 is kind of in a unique spot with its massive potential, but SO MANY obstacles still in the way of it.
Maybe even sell it, I’m sure some other company would love to get their hands on this game… they can then go through the real beta period GW2 needed, work out the kinks in teamwork/condi/CC… touch up effects on weapons… and voila, the first legitimately Esports quality MMO…

(edited by garethh.3518)

in PvP

Posted by: Oidmetala.8426

Oidmetala.8426

oh ok, then i use this topic for a real spirit bug :P

when i summon a spirits and whant to press rly fast the button again for use the active skill of them, nothing happens and the active skill go to cooldwon.
i think the grandmaster trait (spirits follow u) is the reason for this bug, because they move a bit to side when i summon them and when i press in this time the active skill, nothing happens.

much time this is not fun when i need the rez ghost rly fast.
its happen only when u summon the spirit and press rly fast the button again for active skill.
well when u know this its not such a huge problem to handle, but at start it was rly not fun when my rez ghost was do nothing (and im sure nobody have interrupt him)

also the spirits dont cast when u jump down somewhere, but well thats not such a huge problem, but why they go to cooldown when such things happen.
its rare situations but sometimes its important.

Team Erotic Solitude Legends [ESL]
Spirit Ranger Yilvina Darnus
Bunker Guardian Morwenna Darnus

in PvP

Jasher.6580

My profession can never, ever win with you people because of Anet.

The main QQ about spirit rangers is that they take little skill to play… yet are TOP TIER QUALITY.

All the professions are easy to play. I don’t think there are any professions that take “more skill” to play that Ranger. A lot of you mouthbreathers are looking at your own profession through rose tinted glasses. What I find easy/fun to play, another person won’t. It’s all about perspective and personal preferences. I think ArenaNet did this on purpose. I like that they did this.

P.s. Please buff Mesmers and give them more viable options. Thanks.

(edited by Jasher.6580)

in PvP

garethh.3518

All the professions are easy to play. I don’t think there are any professions that take “more skill” to play that Ranger.

Most people would disagree with you there.
Explaining how a passive proc based, heavy evade based, AI/condi dmg based profession doesn’t take all that much skill to play… compared to the required skill to play… an engi, to comparable effect… is kind of more than I can do on the forums.

The only thing I really can correct though, is if you are getting effectiveness a lil mixed up with skill…
Like some specs in a class are naturally much stronger than others… for example playing a glass mesmer and thowing out all your phantasms fallowed by a shatter spike, against most specs would be pretty brutal dmg… but against decent players with the viable/tourny-quality specs… would end up with you getting kitten-faced… you end up having to play the mesmer, much, much more strategically to actually manage the kill.
Where in contrast, the spirit ranger, it doesn’t take all that much more skill as you enter higher and higher brackets of competitiveness, to remain effective.

(edited by garethh.3518)

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

I swear next thing people will cry about will be banner warriors holy smokes.

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

garethh.3518

I swear next thing people will cry about will be banner warriors holy smokes.

Just because something is underpowered doesn’t mean, if it is brought up to par, it will create good gameplay. Balance is never the issue in that situation… because in the end banners are just a badly made mechanic… just like spirits…. just like AI pets… just like initiative… actually, just like allot of things in GW2…

(edited by garethh.3518)

in PvP

Posted by: Draedark.8193

Draedark.8193

I have played ranger since release, in tPvP since around February (when the free tour ices were introduced).
Right now I play spirits because that is what currently works and is what teams want in a ranger, not because I find it particularly fun or engaging as a player.
I am always toying around with the build and other builds to try and find something else but keep coming up short.

Crystal Desert
Two Soul/Bane Midge – Ranger, Prison Riot – Thief, Effing Effer – Guardian
Feel free to contact me for info on the eSPT tPvP guild!

in PvP

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

What exactly are ppl crying about? Since game was released every1 laughed at spirits and how useless they were. Now ppl start running them and every1 asks for nerfs. I play a spirit ranger and its better than anything we currently have available, if they nerf this wtf are rangers suppose to run? Have zero dps without them since pets nerf and don’t bring me “use LB noob, it has stealth now!!!!!!”. Nothing from spirits should be changed because you can easily focus them with aoe and destroy them in seconds. The only thing that should be done is change Spirit of Nature a little bit because IT IS OP. Here, tweak (if they remove rez from it, it better decrease in cd because 240sec for two condi removal is a joke) the elite and DO NOT TOUCH the others.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in PvP

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

I never thought in my gaming life that this day will come…People are considering Spirits OP……………..

I would say so. You can’t kill them because they will be summoned again. Not to mention it gives ranger almost perma protection. The ironic thing is, they nerfed guardian protection all around because it was deemed too strong, yet here is ranger running around with a extraordinary protection up time.

perma? how?
4sec protection, 10sec ICD on the skill… 70% chance to proc… uhm… if we add up the numbers… its more like 60% uptime…. not even CLOSE to be called “almost perm”

Spirit boon duration is 100% unaffected by ranger stats. Only condition damage plays into consideration.

Also, like chopps said. You guys are just pathetic. You cry and cry that rangers suck, that they easy mode, and noob. Then we get ONE buff, and you cry and cry that their OP and unbeatable and nigh impossible to counter and blah blah blah.

This is all a L2P issue. If you somehow doesn’t know how to counter a ranger, i won’t even bother to tell you. Because at this point, any player with a shred of battlefield awareness and experience would know that rangers are easy to counter. No matter their build.
Another thing, it seems that none of you who cry have any clue how the class works. It’s just another bunch of people complaining that “ranger facerolled me, it shouldn’t do that”. Infact, even more amusing is, once spirits die, and they simply melt like butter when focused, you are stuck in that good old “sub par” ranger.

Now explain to me, what the kitten issue is. Because all i can see here, is complaints about your skill level being far too low.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in PvP

Posted by: Valneer.3854

Valneer.3854

I main ranger and this build is mind-numbingly powerful.

proc spirits
dodge a few times for good measure
Target is either dead or running.

I’m either a spirit crutcher or I end up having a bad time.
I’ll be shelving my ranger for a while.

BG
“I’m here to bearbow and chew bubblegum..and I’m all out of bearbow.”

in PvP

Jasher.6580

proc spirits

You’re either lying or you play against very bad players due to the fact that you are in the lower level brackets.

in PvP

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Out of curiosity, has there been any official response as to whether this is a bug or not?

in PvP

Posted by: Wombat.3510

Wombat.3510

Now for the real truth about spirits:

They die in 2 seconds to most AOE.
They die in 1 second to treb or cannon blasts.
They are slow as molasses and are rarely next to you when entering a fight
They take a long time to cast in the middle of a fight
Every time you go under water or exit water, they reset
As a bunker ranger, I can even kill them in a few seconds (with exception of the elite). There is no reason why any class can’t kill them in a few seconds.

I never used them in the beginning because they usually died immediately at the start of every fight – and that’s just stupid! Unfortunately, now its the only viable spec that we have. Give me some sb dps and I’ll happily get rid of those pieces of crap!

in PvP

Posted by: Valneer.3854

Valneer.3854

proc spirits

You’re either lying or you play against very bad players due to the fact that you are in the lower level brackets.

Not lying, it’s an extremely low skill level, easy to play build, that’s all.

BG
“I’m here to bearbow and chew bubblegum..and I’m all out of bearbow.”

in PvP

Posted by: Wombat.3510

Wombat.3510

Not lying, it’s an extremely low skill level, easy to play build, that’s all.

It’s interesting you say that because at the start of the game, rangers were known as the worst class. Once people gained some skill at the ranger class, all of a sudden, it was the most OP class in the game – without any real changes to the class itself. They keep nerfing it, people changed builds – to the very same builds that were available and used on day one and people come up with new complaints.

I see a lot of rangers and many of them are really bad. If it is such as easy class to play, they would be dominating everything.

Maybe if people stopped coming on the forums and complaining every time they lose a 1v1, we might be able to tweak the game to something really good.

in PvP

ArcTheFallen.7682

So, seeing quite a few spirit rangers in this NA Pax tournament. If they are so easy to kill, why are top tier teams using them? They must be bad. This build must be balanced. rofl. I don’t want to eliminate viable builds for ranger—-I just want them to be balanced. I’ll keep a look out for teams using non-spirit rangers. But for now, I’m just going to laugh at everyone who keeps on thinking that it’s balanced.

in PvP

Posted by: Lapserdak.9056

Lapserdak.9056

Right now i feel that spirit ranger is most fun build to play with. Lets compare:
BM- passive signets (waste to put 30 points to make their active worth something), just making use of healing power and toughness, long 1v1 fights, just wasting enemy time.
Trap ranger- It was viable, but now, necromancer do it a lot better, so no point in using it. Lay traps and wait for enemy to bleed out.
Spirit ranger- can actually bring some support and trying to keep enemy in spirit active skill range is something. With exception of sun spirit these have few seconds cast time for their skills. If you stun/immobilize ranger you can deal quickly with spirits with aoe/cleave. Or target spirit and kill it in few seconds, but nobody wants to kill spirits, they all want to hit ranger all the time.
Players dont even try to kill our pet first (our decent condition cleanse if traited 30 points in certain skill tree). They usually ignore it while running in circles and using elevation. Pet AI is dumb.
As a ranger of course i want ranger to deal 100% of damage (equall to other classes) and keep pet only for utility but that isnt going to happen.

Most of ranger skills are viable after puting 30points in specific trait line. Even with zerker gear rangers cant deal damage equal with other classes in the same gear. So there is no point in using power based builds right now. Before shouting lets nerf viable builds look at whole picture and try to figure how to make builds AND classes even.
Incrasing internal cooldown between passive spirits buff wont solve problem, it will make them useless in 1v1 scenario (70% chance for 4s of protection every 10s if spirit is alive- example of how it work now).

in PvP

Posted by: Varani.9207

Varani.9207

I like the part where killing Spirits is hard, and a certain player doesn’t want to waste time with it.

Oh how I miss the days of Dark Age of Camelot, where a single theurgist could spam a crap ton of pets at people, and the way you countered it was to clear the pets then kill the Theurgist.

Those days are long gone though.. Now its “Please Anet, these spirit pets that die in 3 hits are just to difficult for me to clear with aoe’s”

This is so true. Yesterday I just couldn´t believe how fast these spirits exploded in any kind of group fight. Seriously, most people are complaining because they can´t 1vs1 a bunker build. We had the same situation when BM ranger used to be the “FOTM” build. People are still used to mop up the floor with helpless zerker rangers.

Mondsucht [MS] Kodash Vragni – Ranger
Charrov – Engineer

in PvP

Posted by: DevO.9854

DevO.9854

So, seeing quite a few spirit rangers in this NA Pax tournament. If they are so easy to kill, why are top tier teams using them? They must be bad. This build must be balanced. rofl. I don’t want to eliminate viable builds for ranger—-I just want them to be balanced. I’ll keep a look out for teams using non-spirit rangers. But for now, I’m just going to laugh at everyone who keeps on thinking that it’s balanced.

How does teams using spirit rangers mean they are not balanced? Guards must also not be balanced please nerf them. Want to compare the 2? How many successful teams don’t use Guards? How many don’t use spirit Rangers? Or even better yet what can teams be successful without guards or spirit rangers? In the EU final a team made it with no Spirit ranger, where is the really strong team without a Guardian?

in PvP

Posted by: Rathore.9348

Rathore.9348

If you look up patch notes dating back to 2012, ANet has been tweaking spirits for months. The cooldown starting on summon as opposed to death is an intended mechanic, not a bug. Otherwise, in the midst of every other spirit change, it would have been addressed.

As for the whine about this build:

- The spirits last as long as their cooldown. Each spirit requires 1.5 seconds to resummon. This means there’s a minimum 4.5 second window in which rangers don’t have all their spirits up. Of course, if you actually kill one or all spirits BEFORE engaging, that downtime window increases dramatically, at which point one could wait patiently and time an interrupt accordingly.

- One or two AoE skills is sufficient to destroy all spirits. One dodge after destroying them all is sufficient evade all the on-death effects. Of course, if the player dumping the AoE is more than 360 range away, no dodge is even necessary.

- The PAX qualifier going on this weekend has shown that kit engineers and S/D stealth thieves can beat spirit rangers consistently. Rangers running three spirits have no stun breaks and have no easy way of dealing with blind and daze spam. If you can’t be bothered with chaining stuns and interrupts after killing spirits then you deserve to lose.

in PvP

Posted by: jmatb.6307

jmatb.6307

Lol I’ve been playing Ranger the last couple days and this class is insulting to play.

Evade spamming, passive condis on hit skills, AoE spam, summon skills that return way too much…

This class is so badly put together for PvP that it has to be given a high skill floor to be worth anything.

Obviously great players can do great things with Rangers, but you are not going to be tested by that class anywhere near as much as the others.

in PvP

Sol.4310

Lol I’ve been playing Ranger the last couple days and this class is insulting to play.

Evade spamming, passive condis on hit skills, AoE spam, summon skills that return way too much…

This class is so badly put together for PvP that it has to be given a high skill floor to be worth anything.

Obviously great players can do great things with Rangers, but you are not going to be tested by that class anywhere near as much as the others.

Ranger’s tank comes from evade, so it’s not spamming. It’s our only way we can keep in the fight or we will die rather fast, we have only 1 blind every 25 seconds.

We have 1 AoE skill on our weapon set which you need to get close to get the full effect or its worthless. We have 20 second lightning strike which does 2-3k damage depending on your armor. Our pet’s die fast in team fight’s and only real AoE damage skill we have is from the River drake which has 180 rad and can be dodged and broken, so landing it isn’t that easy.

60 seconds on summon skill when they can be killed in seconds. That’s fair trade off.

I don’t get your logic behind why you keep bashing ranger’s when everyone knows there only OP in your mind.

Only 2 classes that I would say have real problem’s are ele’s and mesmer’s but they are in bad place vs almost everything atm.

Also there is massive gap between a good spirit ranger and someone who try’s to be spirit ranger. Most spirit rangers will spam throw there skill’s rarely landing anything.

Stun-lock warriors and Node pushing engi’s don’t have problem’s vs Spirit rangers. So can we now say there OP cause we losing to them 1v1.

There is no 1 build beat’s them all, there is counter to everything you have the option to run it.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in PvP

Posted by: Derps.7421

Derps.7421

Spirit rangers are so easy to kill just land a stun on them. I mean how hard can it be? Its not like they have 3-5 AI things circling and running around them as the dodge and cause blind (the sun spirit). Just make AIs not body block attacks the build would be way better. Also for everyone complaining the spirits die within seconds is lieing.
ps. The spirits follow you around so if they are dieing in aoes that means you are standing in them <3

Dr. Professor Evil – Engi
Stunned Girls Can’t Say No <Hawt>

in PvP

Posted by: Derps.7421

Derps.7421

Ranger’s tank comes from evade, so it’s not spamming. It’s our only way we can keep in the fight or we will die rather fast, we have only 1 blind every 25 seconds.

We have 1 AoE skill on our weapon set which you need to get close to get the full effect or its worthless. We have 20 second lightning strike which does 2-3k damage depending on your armor. Our pet’s die fast in team fight’s and only real AoE damage skill we have is from the River drake which has 180 rad and can be dodged and broken, so landing it isn’t that easy.

60 seconds on summon skill when they can be killed in seconds. That’s fair trade off.

I don’t get your logic behind why you keep bashing ranger’s when everyone knows there only OP in your mind.

Only 2 classes that I would say have real problem’s are ele’s and mesmer’s but they are in bad place vs almost everything atm.

Also there is massive gap between a good spirit ranger and someone who try’s to be spirit ranger. Most spirit rangers will spam throw there skill’s rarely landing anything.

Stun-lock warriors and Node pushing engi’s don’t have problem’s vs Spirit rangers. So can we now say there OP cause we losing to them 1v1.

There is no 1 build beat’s them all, there is counter to everything you have the option to run it.

Engis dont have a problem with them your right. Stun locking warrior will never beat a decent spirit ranger. Its already hard enough to land the obvious and easily predicable stuns now try landing them while 3-5 ai pets circle around a target dodge and expecting you to try to stun them. ITs like a kittening carnival game shoot the moving duck while everything gets in the way.
Note i have no problem with this build i have problems with AI body blocking

Dr. Professor Evil – Engi
Stunned Girls Can’t Say No <Hawt>

in PvP

Sol.4310

Engis dont have a problem with them your right. Stun locking warrior will never beat a decent spirit ranger. Its already hard enough to land the obvious and easily predicable stuns now try landing them while 3-5 ai pets circle around a target dodge and expecting you to try to stun them. ITs like a kittening carnival game shoot the moving duck while everything gets in the way.
Note i have no problem with this build i have problems with AI body blocking

Yeah, but they can’t do much about it in terms of placement of the AI due to the movement of a ranger, if they made so spirit’s would sit behind the ranger that would help, but ranger moves around so much your still going to get body blocked.

Also I’ve ran into and know heaps warriors that get around the spirit’s, most of them complained about our passive trait that has 90 second stun-breaker.

For some builds yes it’s hard to kill spirit’s but that’s due to lack of aoe. Just kill the sun spirit, srsly all you need to do right off the bat for warrior anyways. You can easy interrupt them trying to summon it again its long kitten cast time.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in PvP

Posted by: TheMightyAltroll.3485

TheMightyAltroll.3485

Spirit Rangers, the kittened half cousin of the Minionmancer. The thing everyone thinks is more effective, for whatever reason.

Contact me ingame for Necro, Ranger, Mesmer, and Thief advice.

in PvP

Posted by: jmatb.6307

jmatb.6307

Sol,

I was speaking generally, trying out the Trap, Spirit, Power, and a BM build I threw together that was very difficult to kill.

There is almost no risk/reward with this class. It is designed to be high skill floor through evade spamming, passive+active, and AI crutches.

I don’t blame you for maining this class or anyone else that plays the game. I don’t have problems with Ranger players anymore because I’ve realized that if you have the choice between a Ferrari and a Volvo it just makes sense to take the Ferrari.

My problem is with the people who made the class so easy to learn and master and rewards people to not play something that requires timing and skill in favor of… this.

If I wanted to go into specifics I would fill up the entire page of ways you can easily beat most players with Ranger. Most of them have to do with evading key skills they need to land to kill you.

None of those ways make me go “Wow I really outplayed this guy,” except for LB/GS but even then it’s easy to play a glass build when you have more than 20 seconds of stability to use your rotation.

I want to get all the champion titles but getting the one for Ranger is going to make me hate this game.

in PvP

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

Sol,

I was speaking generally, trying out the Trap, Spirit, Power, and a BM build I threw together that was very difficult to kill.

There is almost no risk/reward with this class. It is designed to be high skill floor through evade spamming, passive+active, and AI crutches.

I don’t blame you for maining this class or anyone else that plays the game. I don’t have problems with Ranger players anymore because I’ve realized that if you have the choice between a Ferrari and a Volvo it just makes sense to take the Ferrari.

My problem is with the people who made the class so easy to learn and master and rewards people to not play something that requires timing and skill in favor of… this.

If I wanted to go into specifics I would fill up the entire page of ways you can easily beat most players with Ranger. Most of them have to do with evading key skills they need to land to kill you.

None of those ways make me go “Wow I really outplayed this guy,” except for LB/GS but even then it’s easy to play a glass build when you have more than 20 seconds of stability to use your rotation.

I want to get all the champion titles but getting the one for Ranger is going to make me hate this game.

Did you just say its easy to play a Glass Cannon Ranger cause you have 20 seconds of stability with Rampage as one?

I tell you what, You go make a video of you playing Glass Cannon Ranger in TPvP

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos