Will we ever see Celestial balanced?

in PvP

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

it has two stats worth of extra points compared to every other amulet. 834 more points or so. in a gamemode that has been strictly standardized in every way possible, an amulet that straight up has 834 more points shouldn’t exist.

celestial is currently the cause of the most imbalanced builds in the meta, d/d ele and rifle engie.

nobody aside from people actively exploiting the amulet wants to see this thing in play. not in it’s current state, at least.

soloq has effectively turned into “whoever has the most people using celestial amulet wins”, almost without fail.

all this and yet discussion about this amulet has remained almost entirely onesided, without a single response from any devs or staff members. quite frankly i wouldnt be surprised if it remains this way until september 2015.

LOL! That’s hilarious.

Almost no one other than eles use celestial stats because they’re barely viable. If any build is dominating solo queue right now, it’s longbow rangers.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in PvP

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

the overall issue is that celestial engie and ele are too survivable for the amount of damage they can output. one thing or the other has to go.

honestly removing a defensive stat and an offensive stat would pretty much solve this issue as far as i can see. it would bring the amulet objectively into the standards followed by all other amulets while forcing builds to invest more into traitlines that give them either more strength or survivability; especially d/d ele which invests entirely in survival/utility traitlines.

You are simply stating your opinion in a factual manner, and working under the false assumption that your right.

I have seen you make a great deal of claims, while offering next to no evidence. For example, you are suggesting players using a specific amulet do not invest any traits in strength lines or defensive trait lines? Where do you get this idea from?

You claim profession put out too much damage for the survivability, yet you refuse to specify the builds you refer to. Professions are in no means a problem. Specific builds may be.

What builds are a problem?

What are the damage out put of said build? post the math, and not just unproven claims

What about said builds make them problematically defensive?

I mean chaith broke it down to you. The engineer builds for example, that you are complaining about, do not have a fire field, generally, and very few (1) blast finisher. He specifically addressed your complaint with facts, and you completely ignore it. You are literally complaining about, and making accusations about, situations that do not factually exist.

Now that we have established that your complaint has no factual bases, what is your problem with the celestial engineer, now that we have established the builds is not using fire fields of thier own to stack might?

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

(edited by coglin.1867)

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

it has two stats worth of extra points compared to every other amulet. 834 more points or so. in a gamemode that has been strictly standardized in every way possible, an amulet that straight up has 834 more points shouldn’t exist.

celestial is currently the cause of the most imbalanced builds in the meta, d/d ele and rifle engie.

nobody aside from people actively exploiting the amulet wants to see this thing in play. not in it’s current state, at least.

soloq has effectively turned into “whoever has the most people using celestial amulet wins”, almost without fail.

all this and yet discussion about this amulet has remained almost entirely onesided, without a single response from any devs or staff members. quite frankly i wouldnt be surprised if it remains this way until september 2015.

LOL! That’s hilarious.

Almost no one other than eles use celestial stats because they’re barely viable. If any build is dominating solo queue right now, it’s longbow rangers.

Uh…Engineers use cele if they’re rifle…

Longbow ranger dominates solo queue because the majority of people will ignore them, allowing them to produce massive, team-wiping damage.

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

in PvP

Posted by: risenlord.2035

risenlord.2035

There again, it’s not elementalists/engineers or the celestial stats that are overpowered. Pre-patch celestial was regarded as a trash amulet, and boosting the stats by 6% isn’t enough to suddenly make it god-mode.

Nothing significant changed with either elementalists or engineers either, so you can’t really say that they’re OP because they weren’t OP before the runes and sigils change and nothing really changed about their skills to suddenly make them OP.

It’s the might duration runes and sigil of doom/battle that need to be fixed, because only elementalists and engineers are able to abuse them to the extent where it becomes a problem.

They could nerf engineers and elementalists, but it might only cause more problems with balance and functionality versus just tweaking the rune and sigil stats.

Either way, I don’t really see a way to adjust elementalists and elementalists to cancel out the rune/sigil changes that wouldn’t also nerf all non-overpowered builds that don’t use them.

Nerfing celestial stats back to the way they used to be wouldn’t affect much either, imo. It feels like a broken record to keep saying this, but elementalists and engineers haven’t changed much in the past year, so how could something that was virtually garbage last year become op godmode without any huge changes to the classes themselves this year?

Also, if these OP elementalists and engineers didn’t have sigil of battle/sigil of doom/rune of strength/rune of hoelbrak, would they still be OP? The answer is no, because they wouldn’t have the massive damage to support their tankiness that they do now.

Doesn’t matter tho, hambow and warrior is nerfed around them, so ele and engi should be nerfed as well.

cele or the class, your choice.

Correction: Hambow was nerfed because the hammer could output berserker damage with a soldier’s amulet. If there was a problem with a specific skill or weapon at the elementalist’s/engineer’s disposal, then that would call for a nerf, but it wasn’t a rune or sigil that made warriors strong, it was their weapons and traits.

Also, warriors were OVER nerfed, which is another reason I think a rune/sigil change would be better than a profession overhaul. It’s a case of “if it’s not broken, don’t fix it.” There’s nothing wrong with elementalists and engineers, it’s the runes and sigils that are messed up. :P

It can still out put berserker damage because sigil of intelligence.
so you either nerf cele or nerf engi ele.

Uh nope. You would need valkyrie or soldiers with intel sigil to get “zerk” damage. Even then it’s only the first three hits on weapon swap and rarely works as intended.

in PvP

Posted by: Rusc.4978

Rusc.4978

Speaking of balance please remove the vitality from zerk and rampager amulets. People are wondering why soldier hambow can do more damage than zerk one….I guess the community forgot a part of their damage is replaced with some HP.

Why? Berserker users who want to forgo the Vitality for raw DPS can choose Assassin instead.

Also, I don’t think removing the Vitality from Rampager would do much of anything, since it’s a very niche amulet. Power-specialized builds will still go Berserker or Assassin, and condi builds will still go Rabid or Carrion.

Prosper

Brought to you by ArenaNet. Soon™.

in PvP

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

There is a reason why celestial engineers and eles dominante even a mesmer thief Comp while ist also easier to play bye far

Grimkram [sS]