Worst class of SPVP: Ranger

in PvP

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/NA-ToL-top-8-teams-How-many-rangers/first#post5112579

http://www.twitch.tv/digitalprosports/v/5585566

Top 8 teams of ToL 3 (May 30, 2015)
Numbers representative of ranger: 0
So 40 members, 8 classes, but ZERO ranger, that shows how bad ranger currently is right?

Yet we can see all those QQ nerf threads about rangers, hmmmm….
Complaining the worst class of PVP to be OP… Maybe, just maybe it’s really a L2P issue then?

(edited by Toxsa.2701)

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Count Necros that aren’t Power with Wells.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: Sneakier.9460

Sneakier.9460

Rangers were OP in beta when Greatsword+Zephyr would kill anything lower than heavy in couple seconds

Nowdays they are funny to play, i love my pew pew ranger Long shot for 3k in WvW

I use it in unraked pvp but higher than that is just asking to get CC’ed to death, SoG and LR can only save me couple of times… then am easy prey to CC/Burst

Gunnars Hold= Tuga Land

in PvP

Posted by: Immensus.9732

Immensus.9732

honestly the gam eisnt balanced well but if you play well you can kick bump with any class. so i would say Engineer simply because of how difficult are most of the engi builds, not because is a bad class.

Mesmers Shall Rule Tyria!

in PvP

Toxsa.2701

honestly the gam eisnt balanced well but if you play well you can kick bump with any class. so i would say Engineer simply because of how difficult are most of the engi builds, not because is a bad class.

No offense, Engineer is one of the easiest classes to play at a competent level without any effort , probably at the same level as Shoutbow Warrior.
Clicking more bottoms =/= hard to play.

in PvP

Toxsa.2701

At least it shows power necro is more productive than power ranger.

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

In terms of the current meta, this is how I see things.

Classes for solo queueing:

1. Engineer
2. Warrior
3. Elementalist
4. Guardian
5. Thief
6. Mesmer
7. Ranger
8. Necro

Classes for team play:

1. Warrior
2. Thief
3. Engineer
4. Guardian
5. Elementalist
6. Mesmer (Mesmer is variable depending on EU/NA)
7. Necro
8. Ranger

People hate Rangers because the class excels at 1v1, but any support it brings is limited or extremely counterable. Examples of this are long pet f2 cast times, killable spirits, limited boon application.

Basically, the best reason I can give you for people hating/QQing about Rangers is people hate getting shot in the kitten by a bow while a pet chews on their leg.

Ranger//Necro

(edited by infantrydiv.1620)

in PvP

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

Count warrior that aren’t Cele with Shouts?

in PvP

Toxsa.2701

1. Engineer
2. Warrior
3. Elementalist
4. Guardian
5. Thief
6. Mesmer
7. Ranger
8. Necro

Classes for team play:

1. Warrior
2. Thief
3. Engineer
4. Guardian
5. Elementalist
7. Necro
8. Ranger

People hate Rangers because the class excels at 1v1, but any support it brings is limited or extremely counterable. Examples of this are long pet f2 cast times, killable spirits, limited boon application.

Basically, the best reason I can give you for people hating/QQing about Rangers is people hate getting shot in the kitten by a bow while a pet chews on their leg.

The only ranger spec that excel in 1 v 1 in SPVP is condition survival build, which is even worse in team fight than Longbow because of all the AOE cleansing in the Meta. The Longbow ranger will lose to most celestial Ele, Shoutbow Warrior, Celestial Engi 1 on 1, when fight on a node. Even if you don’t die, it’d usually take forever to kill them too, which kind of fail the purpose of a zerker class.

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Funny that power ranger counters necro in general, it can go both ways.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

Toxsa.2701

Funny that power ranger counters necro in general, it can go both ways.

Well, winning a specific spec 1 on 1 =/= being productive.

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

Power Ranger is still a must for foefire. I forget which EU team uses one on the map, but it works so well.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: Skullface.7293

Skullface.7293

Ranger will be the worst class of PvP until expansion will give us OP stuff.

Hiro || Talgo
Main: Ranger
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/hirothebeast

in PvP

Toxsa.2701

We rangers will be getting more pet buffing stuffs and wet-noodle damage staff probably.

in PvP

Skullface.7293

We rangers will be getting more pet buffing stuffs and wet-noodle damage staff probably.

Actually we are getting alot more than that, but yeah I’m not expecting much from the staff damage-wise for the Druid!

Hiro || Talgo

(edited by Skullface.7293)

in PvP

Posted by: Spirigo.2897

Spirigo.2897

Meanwhile hundreds of pewpew Rangers are gathering free wins in sPvP by pressing 3 buttons tops. Myself included.

Nobody cares about the pro scene, it’s tiny and doesn’t reflect the normal gameplay at all because of how insanely strong communication is in conquest.

Nerf the LB BS to the ground. Buff everything else.

in PvP

Skullface.7293

Meanwhile hundreds of pewpew Rangers are gathering free wins in sPvP by pressing 3 buttons tops. Myself included.

Nobody cares about the pro scene, it’s tiny and doesn’t reflect the normal gameplay at all because of how insanely strong communication is in conquest.

Nerf the LB BS to the ground. Buff everything else.

Make sure to watch me on twitch when I begin streaming to see how to play power ranger properly, dear ranger lover!

Hiro || Talgo

in PvP

Spirigo.2897

Spam 1 and 2 until someone noticed you, then spam 1 and 2 while they’re running at me and then improvise?

Works wonders so far. TotSS is the perfect map for Ranger, so many hard to reach places to shoot from, which also happen to be nice to PBS people off.

I think all ranged power builds are a bit dumb atm.

in PvP

Skullface.7293

Spam 1 and 2 until someone noticed you, then spam 1 and 2 while they’re running at me and then improvise?

Works wonders so far. TotSS is the perfect map for Ranger, so many hard to reach places to shoot from, which also happen to be nice to PBS people off.

I think all ranged power builds are a bit dumb atm.

You can even improvise by doing some sets of squats right at home while laughing at your enemy!

Hiro || Talgo

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

TotSS is the perfect map for Ranger .

You know nothing.

(edited by Eurantien.4632)

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Ahm, I played ranger yesterday, top 9th in our bracket until tron jeremy’s team beat us.

So…what now OP?

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

StickerHappy.8052

Ehem

/15chars

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

The ignorance. There are virtually 0 safe places to be on temple (where teleports break) moreover, the design of it makes it very hard for the relatively immobile ranger to keep up with the zerker classes it competes with. Not to mention, there are no places to go once you do get jumped on unless you are at mid… But you can’t get to those high places because it takes so long to get there via walking from a side nodes, where most of the fighting takes place.

Also, no one ever wanted longbow buffs, we have always wanted other improvements.

in PvP

Spirigo.2897

You sure of that? GW2 isn’t that hard. But if he’s extremely good I’m happy for him. Most Rangers I encounter are not, or simply don’t bother because the whole LB build is all about getting high rewards with minimal effort.

It has been a long time since I played GW1, but disregarding spike teams the bow was used there to great effect as an utility weapon capable of shutting down mages and interrupting key skills. This is something I want to see reintroduced in GW2.

Also spirits, traps, condi, throwing axes, pet-centric builds aren’t a thing partly because they’re not strong enough and partly because of the longbow pewpew nonsense. One of my favourite builds from GW1 days was R/P pet/spear build that I used to spam a whole lot in RA. There was also a time when trap Rangers were highly effective in HA and that was hella fun. The problem now is that Ranger doesn’t have any of that versatility even though it is clearly supposed to

It is sort of fun to play LB, in an odd way. Just like it’s fun to play P/P venom Thief, power Necro and zerk FT Engi. It’s a case of being hugely successful by doing something that feels horribly dumb. Still, these things shouldn’t see play.

The ignorance. There are virtually 0 safe places to be on temple (where teleports break) moreover, the design of it makes it very hard for the relatively immobile ranger to keep up with the zerker classes it competes with. Not to mention, there are no places to go once you do get jumped on unless you are at mid… But you can’t get to those high places because it takes so long to get there via walking from a side nodes, where most of the fighting takes place.

Also, no one ever wanted longbow buffs, we have always wanted other improvements.

Let me channel the dark energies of the typical PvP Ranger thread and say the ultimate words of wisdom: Sounds like a L2P issue.

(edited by Spirigo.2897)

in PvP

StickerHappy.8052

Everyone is ignoring my post.

LOL.

in PvP

Spirigo.2897

Everyone is ignoring my post.

LOL.

You have seen nothing yet. Stay tuned for The Ranger Thread.

in PvP

StickerHappy.8052

I did great yesterday, why is everyone ignoring that fact?

in PvP

Spirigo.2897

Because… Ze Rangerino Threaderino.

in PvP

StickerHappy.8052

I also main mesmer. So are you telling me BLK and SOAK are not good? because it seems to be everyone is ignoring my post.

in PvP

Toxsa.2701

I also main mesmer. So are you telling me BLK and SOAK are not good? because it seems to be everyone is ignoring my post.

Now now, we can stop derailing the topic already.
This is not a ranger thread, but rather a fact presented to Anet that what class desperately need alot of improvement atm.

in PvP

Spirigo.2897

Who knows? Anything can happen in the strange and wonderful world of The Ranger Thread.

in PvP

Toxsa.2701

Who knows? Anything can happen in the strange and wonderful world of The Ranger Thread.

Well, you probably are that 5% minority who hate Ranger to the bone and wish them disappeared. Your opinion is too subjective to take it seriously.

in PvP

Posted by: Pyro.4765

Pyro.4765

No offense, Engineer is one of the easiest classes to play at a competent level without any effort , probably at the same level as Shoutbow Warrior.
Clicking more bottoms =/= hard to play.

I wouldn’t say one of the easiest, but that’s because most classes I’ve tried are stupidly easy to play. I wouldn’t say engineer is objectively hard but I would say it’s one of the harder classes in the game.

in PvP

StickerHappy.8052

Still ignoring that were top 9th or 5th in our bracket. Played ranger.

in PvP

Spirigo.2897

Obviously. I must’ve made it so clear with my posts so far.

Disappear me the pewpew Ranger though, sure.

Cuz I’m the MVP. Get on my lvl.

in PvP

StickerHappy.8052

Still ignoring that me and my team were top 9th or 5th in our bracket. Played ranger.

in PvP

Spirigo.2897

You don’t understand!

Here a passage from The History of the Ranger Thread:

“Passage 392: Spirigo is a vile demonic creature hellbent on bringing down the glorious Church Thread of the Ranger. When spotted, must be chased out with pitchforks.”

(edited by Spirigo.2897)

in PvP

StickerHappy.8052

Cuz I’m the MVP. Get on my lvl.

But i think Im not against your side, the OP says they were 0 rangers ToL

in PvP

Spirigo.2897

But i think Im not against your side, the OP says they were 0 rangers ToL

Do you hear this faint whispering? Listen closely. That’s right, it’s the 95% of people, loyal followers of The Church of the Ranger whispering in unison:

“Shun the nonbeliever, shun the nonbeliever, shun the nonbeliever… He does not belong to the Rangerform! …”

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

1. Engineer
2. Warrior
3. Elementalist
4. Guardian
5. Thief
6. Mesmer
7. Ranger
8. Necro

Classes for team play:

1. Warrior
2. Thief
3. Engineer
4. Guardian
5. Elementalist
7. Necro
8. Ranger

I would say people do not play ranger because it lacks the complexity of other dps specs for example as mesmer or thief along with the fact the class doesn’t bring any team utility such as stealth, moa and boon hate. There is a difference between a class being bad for conquest and class being just not fun and I assume very little people actually enjoy ranger, I don’t blame them, though. When a class has very low skill cap AND it’s basically unviable, why would you bother playing that?

And well yeah, while ranger is not very effective in high tier pvp, it still can do some work in soloq and there’s nothing more annoying to people than a ranger pewpewing from distance. It used to be turret engis, but we got rid of those and now it’s rangers. While there are no rangers in tournies, there is A LOT of them in soloq.

in PvP

Toxsa.2701

1. Engineer
2. Warrior
3. Elementalist
4. Guardian
5. Thief
6. Mesmer
7. Ranger
8. Necro

Classes for team play:

1. Warrior
2. Thief
3. Engineer
4. Guardian
5. Elementalist
7. Necro
8. Ranger

I would say people do not play ranger because it lacks the complexity of other dps specs for example as mesmer or thief along with the fact the class doesn’t bring any team utility such as stealth, moa and boon hate. There is a difference between a class being bad for conquest and class being just not fun and I assume very little people actually enjoy ranger, I don’t blame them, though. When a class has very low skill cap AND it’s basically unviable, why would you bother playing that?

And well yeah, while ranger is not very effective in high tier pvp, it still can do some work in soloq and there’s nothing more annoying to people than a ranger pewpewing from distance. It used to be turret engis, but we got rid of those and now it’s rangers. While there are no rangers in tournies, there is A LOT of them in soloq.

There’re alot of Necro, Alot of Guardian, Alot of Mesmer, Alot of Ele, Alot of Engi, Alot of Warrior, Alot of thieves too. Donnu what you mean by there’re “ALOT” of rangers, since basically there’re alot of other classes too. Basically from what I see, all classes are present equally in low tier SPVP, but it doesn’t mean they’re equally as effective.

Also I believe your thought about “very little people enjoy playing ranger” is an overstatement, and a false one too. I, for one, love the combat style of ranger. That’s why many people wish it’d be viable in competitive scene in the first place.

in PvP

Laraley.7695

1. Engineer
2. Warrior
3. Elementalist
4. Guardian
5. Thief
6. Mesmer
7. Ranger
8. Necro

Classes for team play:

1. Warrior
2. Thief
3. Engineer
4. Guardian
5. Elementalist
7. Necro
8. Ranger

There’re alot of Necro, Alot of Guardian, Alot of Mesmer, Alot of Ele, Alot of Engi, Alot of Warrior, Alot of thieves too. Donnu what you mean by there’re “ALOT” of rangers, since basically there’re alot of other classes too. Basically from what I see, all classes are present equally in SPVP, but it doesn’t mean they’re equally as effective.

Also I believe your thought about “very little people enjoy playing ranger” is an overstatement, and a false one too. I, for one, love the combat style of ranger. That’s why many people wish it’d be viable in competitive scene in the first place.

‘’QQ, ranger is not viable, they’re not in tournaments at all, it’s so bad, plz make it good.‘’ >> ’’While there are not rangers in tournies, there is A LOT of them in soloq.‘’
Maybe one day you’ll understand the difference between tournaments and soloq and why ranger can be effective there.

Well, that’s good for you. I stated what I think about people not enjoying the class and ONE person telling me they enjoy it won’t change MY OPINION which was ‘’I ASSUME very little people enjoy it.’’ I am sorry but I was given a brain to think and not to take over what one person who keeps qquing about rangers not being viable all the time says.

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

condie ranger is quite strong in 1v1. But that is just not enough make them viable in a fast rotating team game. I checked their new specializations which can make them kinda immortal in 1v1. I am not sure if they will become the new turret engi for which no one uses in tournament but causes a lot of grief in unranked/ranked.

LB ranger is slightly trickier to play but has more team fight potential. They are actually already pretty good in legacy of foefire because you can join a fight from 1500 range away. I would say that is enough of something special to have a team taking a ranger. However, such 1500 range becomes much less useful on some other maps where you can’t open fight from 1500 distance. However, they are really good in WvW settings where there is so much flat terrain.

in PvP

Toxsa.2701

1. Engineer
2. Warrior
3. Elementalist
4. Guardian
5. Thief
6. Mesmer
7. Ranger
8. Necro

Classes for team play:

1. Warrior
2. Thief
3. Engineer
4. Guardian
5. Elementalist
7. Necro
8. Ranger

There’re alot of Necro, Alot of Guardian, Alot of Mesmer, Alot of Ele, Alot of Engi, Alot of Warrior, Alot of thieves too. Donnu what you mean by there’re “ALOT” of rangers, since basically there’re alot of other classes too. Basically from what I see, all classes are present equally in SPVP, but it doesn’t mean they’re equally as effective.

‘’QQ, ranger is not viable, they’re not in tournaments at all, it’s so bad, plz make it good.‘’ >> ’’While there are not rangers in tournies, there is A LOT of them in soloq.‘’
Maybe one day you’ll understand the difference between tournaments and soloq and why ranger can be effective there.

Well, that’s good for you. I stated what I think about people not enjoying the class and ONE person telling me they enjoy it won’t change MY OPINION which was ‘’I ASSUME very little people enjoy it.’’ I am sorry but I was given a brain to think and not to take over what one person who keeps qquing about rangers not being viable all the time says.

And you’re using YOUR OPINION (One person as well) to generalize the population preference of a class. Great job on being so subjective. Too bad that opinion will hold very little value because it has no proof whatsoever.

If people hate rangers that much, they wouldn’t have defend it or ask for improvement. Even from this post, you would only see guys like Spirigo, the minority, who shows clear hatred toward ranger.

This posts show that there’re a decent numbers of players who enjoy playing rangers.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/Ranger-or-Warrior-PVE

Also, the fact that many people post in ranger’s forum for improvement and sharing ideas prove that many people support or have an interest in ranger.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger?page=1

Last note: I use Top team as an example because most of them have “equal skill level”, contrary to low tier PVP which usually have huge imbalance between opponents’ skill level. Under the same skill level, with the same tools available (TS, full group pre-made), with people having decent knowledge of the game playing the classes, it is a much more accurate indication of classes strength than low tier PVP. Under this condition, it shows that ranger is the worst and least used class as compare to other classes, proven by the statistic of the Top 8 ToL teams.

(edited by Toxsa.2701)

in PvP

Laraley.7695

1. Engineer
2. Warrior
3. Elementalist
4. Guardian
5. Thief
6. Mesmer
7. Ranger
8. Necro

Classes for team play:

1. Warrior
2. Thief
3. Engineer
4. Guardian
5. Elementalist
7. Necro
8. Ranger

And you’re using YOUR OPINION (One person as well) to generalize the population preference of a class. Great job on being so subjective. Too bad that opinion will hold very little value because it has no proof whatsoever.

If people hate rangers that much, they wouldn’t have defend it or ask for improvement. Even from this post, you would only see guys like Spirigo, the minority, who shows clear hatred toward ranger.

This posts show that there’re a decent numbers of players who enjoy playing rangers.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/Ranger-or-Warrior-PVE

Also, the fact that many people post in ranger’s forum for improvement and sharing ideas prove that many people support or have a interest in ranger.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger?page=1

Well, you might try to think a bit, too. I said several times it’s my opinion. I didn’t present it as a fact, but indeed as MY OPINION TWICE. Do you have some issues with people speaking their mind? Or shall we just stick to presenting facts and never have anything constructive, because you get furious when someone shares what they think?

No, there is actually lots hate for rangers, on forums, in game, everywhere. I don’t deny people do support the class, but there is a difference between people wanting to stay being a class with low skill cap and people who actually want to make it viable while it requires using your brain.

People defended turret engis, too. Didn’t make the spec less hatesd.

(edited by Laraley.7695)

in PvP

Posted by: L Step.8659

L Step.8659

Necro is still the worst imo.

ReRolled [Re] GvG Hero/Wannabe

Best NA rallybot on EU

in PvP

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

Also, you have to remember if your taking LB/GS Ranger into Team Que or a Tourney and other team has Medi Guard, well you should think about changing class as Medi Guard is 100% the hard counter to LB/GS Rangers a smart team will take full advantage of this and train you out early.

Solo Que is different story, you have basic tactics most teams will zerg points capping and focus on killing fast rather then rotations or what your build best counters. Most medi guards leave me alone in Solo Que, why is that due to sites like meta builds and twitch people see someone having success on a build and copy it without taking into account the tactics require behind the build and what its good again and what it isn’t good against.

@Spirigo.2897, if you want people to listen please stop trolling/flame posting, knowledge and willing to listen to other players work wonders.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in PvP

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

Its really simple. The ToL builds are not the best builds in game. People at ToL excel at the classes they play and they think they have a good synergy that allows them to quickly capture and hold points as the conquest mode demands.

Nothing to do with whether a class is good or bad. There are some outstanding rangers in this game. Guess they don’t do ToL. Some rangers actually destroy thieves if the thief is not on their level, believe it or not

in PvP

Toxsa.2701

Its really simple. The ToL builds are not the best builds in game. People at ToL excel at the classes they play and they think they have a good synergy that allows them to quickly capture and hold points as the conquest mode demands.

Nothing to do with whether a class is good or bad. There are some outstanding rangers in this game. Guess they don’t do ToL. Some rangers actually destroy thieves if the thief is not on their level, believe it or not

They’re not stupid yknow.
If rangers are effective, they would have use it already.
Some of them play classes they don’t normally play because those classes are more effective, or synergize better.
If there’re 2~4 rangers exist in Top 8 teams, you can argue that it does not indicate whether a class is good or bad. If there’s like, yknow, ZERO of a certain class, there’s really NO EXCUSE anymore.

Even in the previous ToL, there’s only ONE power ranger out of 40 in the Top 8 teams. They didn’t make it to the top too. It shows a pattern already.

Last note again: Just because one spec can destroy another spec in a 1 v 1 situation doesn’t mean it’s effective and useful. Same can be argued that those celestial specs can win many other builds 1 on 1 too.

(edited by Toxsa.2701)

in PvP

Laraley.7695

I did great yesterday, why is everyone ignoring that fact?

Because some people just want to qq about ranger being so bad it’s not represented in tournies. How can you dare to say you did well?