You forgot

You forgot

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

Honestly I probably wouldn’t have a problem giving thief a bit more stealth.
When stealthed they don’t cap points.
They can run away already so I don’t care if they do it while stealthed or while being visible
Stealth is also predictable to a certain degree because if you know the class you also got a general idea of when the stealth attack will approximately hit.
Giving thief more access to stealth makes revealed a much more skillful to use counter which, let’s be honest, at the moment it really isn’t.

Giving more stealth won’t make it more viable otherwise trap thief would be a thing…. the whole reason why SA is not a thing anymore is because reveal and aoe was handled like candy to every class (dh traps, mes wells, engi hammer, druid avatar just to name few, ranger/dh/necro/engi/rev/war have access to reveal, some of them are meta – it is just crazyyyyy). If those were reduced and reveal on demand mechanics were changed/removed from some spells (e.g. target doesn’t get revealed but just gets a marked while remaining stealthed so they could still profit from stealth traits like SE) then stealth would be more a viable option. Reveals/aoe vs stealth as they are atm are just 100% hardcounter, there is nothing in between so no amount of stealth would help.

This guy just throws words together in hopes of it making a point. You can’t even read through the sheer bias of his posts without rolling your eyes.

Even tho he (mains?) thief (biased) and I don’t (mesmer – not biased) I agree with him.
Thief is fine. Dash being able to break out of soft cc is exactly the point of running a thief. You want to be quickly in and out fights, from one point to another.

Take that away and you’ll take the role thief has away. Simple as that. If a thief doesn’t have an escape, he’s a sitting duck.

So by that logic, thieves that don’t use dash shouldn’t exist. Guess what? They do. So stop with the, “you’ll take the role thief has away” nonsense. They would still have the best mobility in the game and multiple ways to address immobilizes.

My perspective is not limited to a small amount of games on some professions.

Are you suggesting mine is? To be clear, neither is mine. Played since release, with a well balanced amount of games spread over the classes. With most of them on mesmer, obviously, otherwise it wouldn’t be my main.

That being said, name me one other meta build without dash that got used by thief since the release of HoT. (and nope, staff thief wasn’t meta)

The only thing that could make your arguments valid, is that when daredevil gets a nerf like that, everything else recieves a nerf as well. ONLY THEN a thief has enough mobility. Because back before HoT, you didn’t have all the power creep and aoe spam.

Back then thief had enough mobility compared to all the other classes. If you’d try that right now, there we are again, a sitting duck. If you struggle against a thief BECAUSE HE CAN CLEANSE IMMOB WITH DASH -> l2p. Please.

Your myopic view on how the game should be played is what stagnates it. The ability is not healthy for the game as a whole. Neither are abilities I would define as being over budget or bloated.

The fact that a single trait can render whole builds useless is a problem. ANY ability that completely negates builds should be looked at in depth and adjustments should be made.

And yet here we have reveal on multiple spells that delete entire traitline and class mechanics and i don’t see you on the fences asking for revealed nerfs.

And which exactly build does dash render useless?

Hold on….because many things in this game are broken we aren’t allowed to ask for a start somewhere?

All i saw so far is “nerf teef plox cuz he runs away”, i have yet to see any suggestion from you regarding other classes that would make dash nerf reasonable.

There are quite a few builds, but you don’t hear from them because they cannot be played.

Reveal is a poor example to prove your point. Reveal should be in the game, it isn’t spammable and should require timing. Which abilities/traits should have it; that’s another discussion. I don’t believe it should be on Spear of Justice, that ability already does too much. Another prime example of over bloat/budget.

It’s also not my job to comment on EVERY single issue. You have just as much ability to bring up the topic as anyone else. If you would have, I more than likely would have commented to the same affect as I did in this.

You forgot

in PvP

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

There are quite a few builds, but you don’t hear from them because they cannot be played.

Reveal is a poor example to prove your point. Reveal should be in the game, it isn’t spammable and should require timing. Which abilities/traits should have it; that’s another discussion. I don’t believe it should be on Spear of Justice, that ability already does too much. Another prime example of over bloat/budget.

It’s also not my job to comment on EVERY single issue. You have just as much ability to bring up the topic as anyone else. If you would have, I more than likely would have commented to the same affect as I did in this.

Agreed. In a good PvP System every mechanic has a counter. Conditions have conremove, boons have corrupt, blocks have unblockable skills…yet there was never a counter to stealth.
As Pyriall said: it’s supposed to be a well timed, well calculated counter that makes for a more interesting gameplay. A thief should on the other hand obviously be able to survive better when said counter isn’t used. That is self explanatory.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

You forgot

in PvP

Posted by: Magnito.6187

Magnito.6187

The whole point is that your nerf suggestion only would make sense if other issues get addressed as well. The danger in you only addressing one issue, is it getting fixed, yet the other issues remain → a class becomes unplayable.

There are plenty of people who actually take their time to point out an issue in this game IN COMPARISON with all the other issues. Rather than ranting on about one issue (that isn’t even as big as all the others).

And now I rest my case. Feel like I’ve been talking to a wall. Cheers.

You forgot

in PvP

Posted by: martin.1653

martin.1653

Some days I visit these forums just to see what ideas people have come up to gut thief.

You forgot

in PvP

Pyriall.1683

The whole point is that your nerf suggestion only would make sense if other issues get addressed as well. The danger in you only addressing one issue, is it getting fixed, yet the other issues remain -> a class becomes unplayable.

There are plenty of people who actually take their time to point out an issue in this game IN COMPARISON with all the other issues. Rather than ranting on about one issue (that isn’t even as big as all the others).

And now I rest my case. Feel like I’ve been talking to a wall. Cheers.

Do you care to point out the issue that would be created by the suggestion?

Also, there is not a single post on these message boards that addresses, or attempts to address, all issues related with balance when they make a suggestion on a trait/utility. Your suggestion is absurd.

(edited by Pyriall.1683)

You forgot

in PvP

Posted by: JusticeRetroHunter.7684

JusticeRetroHunter.7684

No, Dash doesn’t need a nerf.

/end discussion

You forgot

in PvP

Pyriall.1683

/end discussion

Yes, Dash needs a nerf. Discussion reopened.

You forgot

in PvP

Posted by: Sly.9518

Sly.9518

/end discussion

Yes, Dash needs a nerf. Discussion reopened.

Nope /closed

15 charrs

You forgot

in PvP

Posted by: Martym.6971

Martym.6971

Was that on the table?

OP wants traitline about mobility not have anything to do with mobility.

OP wants an icd on an ability that is another, among many, overly bloated abilities for thief. Spamming dodges to break immobilizes when thieves multiple means to do so is unhealthy for balanced gameplay.

OP doesn’t realize the last 2 balance patches have seen nerfs to Thieves Evades and Endurance regeneration.

It’s funny the complaints are coming from someone that plays a class with on demand access to Resistance Spam which negates all movement impairing effects.

What’s funny is I play every single profession in this game, more than most of you. When classes that have a minimal way of gaining distance from a thief and he just random kittenollolol dodges out of it, you’ll begin to recognize the broken nature of dash. I can be objective in my criticism of abilities.

Also, I don’t know where you’re getting that I play something with on demand resistance spam as my profession.

Maybe that’s your problem. Jack of all trades, master of none. This is the biggest issue with GW2. Altoholics who “pretend” to know everything.

You forgot

in PvP

Posted by: Krittz.6013

Krittz.6013

The problem with many things in this game atm do not have any COUNTER PLAY to the opposing class. I think immob should be excluded from this or an ICD as a gud thief should never be caught by something like that in the first place. People did just fine back pre-HoT. One problem is that every thief’s “evade frame” is completely independent to THEIR connection, so I’ve found some thieves easier to hit than others even though they are rofldodging everything and both equally skilled. Second problem… it’s so kittening boring to fight. For a pro, there should be a con… imo.

In before “owned by thief”, I did just fine before this patch but since this patch, everything that I play, a thief just destroys it killing this game for me. Skill isn’t even a factor anymore… most carried by condi. There isn’t really anything to keep thieves in check right now.

Thief mechanics are cancer right now. There’s a problem when servers are full of thieves. Definitely worse than when necromancers had over-powered chill tick damage. It’s quite the “choking gas” joke. :P

You forgot

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

The question you should all be asking when looking at an elite spec is “how much can I remove and this will still be picked most of the time?”

The fact is you could reduce or even remove the damage on bound, remove the cleanses on dash and reduce the duration/number of conditions on impaling lotus and the trait line and all of them would be equally picked. I do think the buffs like+/- damage need to be 6s though as it’s often quite a short duration and doesn’t stack.

Before some of you thieves start foaming at the mouth, this is something that should be applied to all elite specs. Some are getting there but others are wildly overtuned.

(edited by apharma.3741)

You forgot

in PvP

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

Biased players shouldn’t discuss balance.

With that said, its a bit hard to deny that Unhindered Combatant might be a little bit over the top. On the opposite end of the coin, it does sort of have a cd since its tied to endurance. So once they run out they can no longer do it. But when you take into consideration a daredevil’s mobility, the ability to disengage and reset fights and the amount of other condi clears they have access to then Unhindered Combatant starts to look a tad bit too strong.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

You forgot

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

With that said, its a bit hard to deny that Unhindered Combatant might be a little bit over the top. On the opposite end of the coin, it does sort of have a cd since its tied to endurance. So once they run out they can no longer do it. But when you take into consideration a daredevil’s mobility, the ability to disengage and reset fights and the amount of other condi clears they have access to then Unhindered Combatant starts to look a tad bit too strong.

so does about every single elite spec…

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

You forgot

in PvP

Posted by: martin.1653

martin.1653

Yes, being tied to endurance also means you sometimes have to sacrifice dodge to clear that condition, even though you don’t need to really dodge.
Strong ability for sure. But game is full of strong abilities. It’s an ability that gives a good value to thief and makes thief have a proper role and be good at that role. Just like any other class has its own role and doing it better than others.
You don’t see 4 thieves in every ranked match during season, but you do see quite often 4 of some other classes in same match.

People need to worry about more pressing issues and not get salty all over the forum whenever they get ganked by thief.

You forgot

in PvP

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

Yes, being tied to endurance also means you sometimes have to sacrifice dodge to clear that condition, even though you don’t need to really dodge.
Strong ability for sure. But game is full of strong abilities. It’s an ability that gives a good value to thief and makes thief have a proper role and be good at that role. Just like any other class has its own role and doing it better than others.
You don’t see 4 thieves in every ranked match during season, but you do see quite often 4 of some other classes in same match.

People need to worry about more pressing issues and not get salty all over the forum whenever they get ganked by thief.

Well said man! I’m just offering alternative perspective on the matter though. Personally speaking, I think unhindered combatant is ok. And yea its tied to endurance which also means…..weakness hinders its cooldown. I’m sure most didn’t think about that!

I think there are more important issues to deal with though, like making powerful skills be more apparent (like the changes to headbutt) more easy to read and being able to reset fights (thief should be the only class doing this).

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

You forgot

in PvP

Posted by: Outsider.6051

Outsider.6051

What, it isn’t enough that thief explodes in aoe / thief has a 50/50 on 1v1s, now we don’t want them to disengage too?

All i’m reading is “I couldn’t kill the thief who was running away. I should be able to. Nerf that kitten.”

Was expecting someone to ask for an icd on PI.

note: ele main. ocassional thief. and yes core thief is a whole different league of hard esp with HoT.

You forgot

in PvP

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Hard to take OP seriously when they complain a A LOT about teefs, berserkers and mesmers (33% of all the classes). Sounds like they are salty and looking to vent on the forums (which isnt a bad thing).

Kinda interested on knowing what class they typically play, however beign the nice Canadian I am..

OP: If you want practice fighting vs thieves/DD’s, if you are on NA I am offering to be your sparring partner. As I mentioned, just sounds like that well known PvP toxic salt that PvP instills on some so I am offering my assistance. Hit me up in game if interested, id be more than happy to help…maybe I can even help you adapt to fighting them like a good player does.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

You forgot

in PvP

Pyriall.1683

Hard to take OP seriously when they complain a A LOT about teefs, berserkers and mesmers (33% of all the classes). Sounds like they are salty and looking to vent on the forums (which isnt a bad thing).

Kinda interested on knowing what class they typically play, however beign the nice Canadian I am..

OP: If you want practice fighting vs thieves/DD’s, if you are on NA I am offering to be your sparring partner. As I mentioned, just sounds like that well known PvP toxic salt that PvP instills on some so I am offering my assistance. Hit me up in game if interested, id be more than happy to help…maybe I can even help you adapt to fighting them like a good player does.

yawn

I have over 20k games played and over 2k plus on each profession (3k on thief). I have 52 characters on my one account with various builds. I’ve tested hundreds if not thousands of builds out. Please, it’s quite obvious when things aren’t healthy for the game and it’s painstakingly when people want to protect their profession instead of advancing the game.

You forgot

in PvP

Bigpapasmurf.5623

yawn

I have over 20k games played and over 2k plus on each profession (3k on thief). I have 52 characters on my one account with various builds. I’ve tested hundreds if not thousands of builds out. Please, it’s quite obvious when things aren’t healthy for the game and it’s painstakingly when people want to protect their profession instead of advancing the game.

You can state any fact that makes your kitten hard, doesnt change any fact that other players have stated. The fact you felt the need to state what you did, how you did, means little to nothing to me and shows me that you have no more valid points to make toward this discussion.

You don’t know any other player, nor do you know whether or not people have more experience than you. Just because you have “2k on all professions and 3k on teef” doesn’t necessarily mean you are any good at them. There are better ways of having a discussion without bringing that pompous toxic pvp attitude into it.

For someone that “knows it all and played it all”, you would think you wouldn’t be as salty and be more willing to l2p vs thief.

Also..despite how “pro” you want to make yourself out as, there’s always room for improvement. My offer still stands if you want to l2p vs thief. I am not pro, but I am not bad either.

You forgot

in PvP

Pyriall.1683

yawn

You can state any fact that makes your kitten hard, doesnt change any fact that other players have stated. The fact you felt the need to state what you did, how you did, means little to nothing to me and shows me that you have no more valid points to make toward this discussion.

You don’t know any other player, nor do you know whether or not people have more experience than you. Just because you have “2k on all professions and 3k on teef” doesn’t necessarily mean you are any good at them. There are better ways of having a discussion without bringing that pompous toxic pvp attitude into it.

For someone that “knows it all and played it all”, you would think you wouldn’t be as salty and be more willing to l2p vs thief.

Also..despite how “pro” you want to make yourself out as, there’s always room for improvement. My offer still stands if you want to l2p vs thief. I am not pro, but I am not bad either.

Wow, someone got all in their feelings. Stating an opinion doesn’t make it a fact. People have expressed opinions all through this thread.

Please note, you were the one who asked what I played.

You forgot

in PvP

Bigpapasmurf.5623

yawn

Wow, someone got all in their feelings. Stating an opinion doesn’t make it a fact. People have expressed opinions all through this thread.

Again, whatever makes your kitten hard mate. Looks like were going to have to agree to disagree. Cheers

/bow

You forgot

in PvP

Pyriall.1683

yawn

Again, whatever makes your kitten hard mate. Looks like were going to have to agree to disagree. Cheers

/bow

Watched your twitch…clicking in this game………………………………………………………………………………Can’t laugh hard enough or long enough. cueball

Found my entertainment for the night. This is great stuff haha

(edited by Pyriall.1683)

You forgot

in PvP

Bigpapasmurf.5623

yawn

/bow

Watched your twitch…clicking in this game………………………………………………………………………………Can’t laugh hard enough or long enough. Q ball

You really are trying to make that kitten hard aren’t you? Its kinda sad really, laughtign b/c someone clicks, you must really lead an exciting life. Gl on your future fights mate. You already lost

You forgot

in PvP

Pyriall.1683

yawn

/bow

Watched your twitch…clicking in this game………………………………………………………………………………Can’t laugh hard enough or long enough. Q ball

You really are trying to make that kitten hard aren’t you? Its kinda sad really, laughtign b/c someone clicks, you must really lead an exciting life. Gl on your future fights mate. You already lost

I’m watching your gameplay. To put it kindly, you’re not very good. Yet, you want to try to jump in a conversation and question the level of the person who made a post instead of the merits of the post. If we’re going to review level of play, you’re in no position to speak on the subject matter. That’s the direction you wanted to take this post. Again, you got all up in your feels for nothing.

I’m in game now, feel free to join me.

You forgot

in PvP

Bigpapasmurf.5623

yawn

/bow

I’m watching your gameplay. To put it kindly, you’re not very good. Yet, you want to try to jump in a conversation and question the level of the person who made a post instead of the merits of the post. If we’re going to review level of play, you’re in no position to speak on the subject matter. That’s the direction you wanted to take this post. Again, you got all up in your feels for nothing.

HAHAHA . Its cute you are still pushing…sad but cute. Clearly this is getting nowhere and you seem to want to prove something for your soft kitten so i iz out…Again, gl on your ventures.

You forgot

in PvP

Pyriall.1683

yawn

/bow

HAHAHA . Its cute you are still pushing…sad but cute. Clearly this is getting nowhere and you seem to want to prove something for your soft kitten so i iz out…Again, gl on your ventures.

I wasn’t trying to prove anything. You were the one who wanted to try to make things personal. You want to practice dueling. I’ll practice with you.

You forgot

in PvP

Bigpapasmurf.5623

yawn

/bow

I wasn’t trying to prove anything. You were the one who wanted to try to make things personal. You want to practice dueling. I’ll practice with you.

Welp, im always up for a new dueling partner. I’m not home atm, nor wilI be for another 7ish hours. If you are serious about dueling for practice (as opposed to trying to make yourself look big) then im game. ill hit ya up next time you are on. Someone as experienced at every class as yourself should be more than happy to teach someone to better their class.

You forgot

in PvP

Pyriall.1683

yawn

/bow

Welp, im always up for a new dueling partner. I’m not home atm, nor wilI be for another 7ish hours. If you are serious about dueling for practice (as opposed to trying to make yourself look big) then im game. ill hit ya up next time you are on. Someone as experienced at every class as yourself should be more than happy to teach someone to better their class.

I added you. Pyrial.2917

You forgot

in PvP

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

back before hot, imbo wasnt an issue as such because we would og just ported away, it was cripple and chilled that i found shut us down more, and there is tonns of that now.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

You forgot

in PvP

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

This is what happens when you give professions way to much stability, They don’t even realize how much CC there is now.

“how often do you get immobed, dash away and instantly get immobed again?”
Every Time you Engage an opponent, What kind of players do you fight? even in bronze tier NA they know enough to stack CC. It’s like you don’t even play this game.

You forgot

in PvP

Bigpapasmurf.5623

This is what happens when you give professions way to much stability, They don’t even realize how much CC there is now.

Every Time you Engage an opponent, What kind of players do you fight? even in bronze tier NA they know enough to stack CC. It’s like you don’t even play this game.

BAZINGA

Sorry, just wanted to say it.

You forgot

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Or you use your signet to remove immob, or perhaps you play with the dodgeroll heal, or you teleport away with your shadowsteps which will likely make immob run out before they reach you again oooor…… Surprise: just dodge the immob to begin with. It can’t be that hard with a gazillion dodges, right?

Yep, here is prime example of a person that doesn’t play a thief but somehow thinks he is an expert. Thief does not have gazillion dodges. But they supposed to dodge everything somehow. Or blow really long CDs to deal with really short CD, yeah sure. You know immob is not only tool other classes have to keep someone in place. What else would you suggest?

P.S. just fyi, dodgeroll heal is called Withdraw and can’t be used when stunned/dazed which occurs a lot when you fight mesmer for example.

I rarely play thief but even I’m not delusional enough to say thief isn’t over packed with dodges and immob clears….

Get some adventure runes or what ever, energy sigil, withdraw and acro and you can dodge all day.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

You forgot

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Stability doesn’t even effect immobilizes though, stability access is completely irrelevant when tolking about immobs.

Also few builds can apply immob twice.
Warrior – has no immobs
Guard – has one on scepter, zero otherwise
Power rev – none
Condi rev -none
Ranger – 2-3 depending on build
Thief – 1 if traited, a spammable one if and only if they have mainhand pistol
Scrapper – none
Necro – none
Ele – none
Mesmer – none.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

You forgot

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Or you use your signet to remove immob, or perhaps you play with the dodgeroll heal, or you teleport away with your shadowsteps which will likely make immob run out before they reach you again oooor…… Surprise: just dodge the immob to begin with. It can’t be that hard with a gazillion dodges, right?

Yep, here is prime example of a person that doesn’t play a thief but somehow thinks he is an expert. Thief does not have gazillion dodges. But they supposed to dodge everything somehow. Or blow really long CDs to deal with really short CD, yeah sure. You know immob is not only tool other classes have to keep someone in place. What else would you suggest?

P.S. just fyi, dodgeroll heal is called Withdraw and can’t be used when stunned/dazed which occurs a lot when you fight mesmer for example.

I rarely play thief but even I’m not delusional enough to say thief isn’t over packed with dodges and immob clears….

Get some adventure runes or what ever, energy sigil, withdraw and acro and you can dodge all day.

Nobody is denying it, but given the state of the game, it is kind of necessary. And once again (srsly i am tired of repeating myself ), nerf elites, make stealth more viable survival tool and nerf to dash wouldn’t be an issues.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

You forgot

in PvP

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

Stability doesn’t even effect immobilizes though, stability access is completely irrelevant when tolking about immobs.

Warrior – has no immobs
Power rev – none
Condi rev -none
Scrapper – none
Necro – none
Ele – none
Mesmer – none.

rev with off hand sord has 1 immobilize
necro with main hand dagger has 1
ele has with dagger earth, overload earth, sigil and i think signet (not infornt the build editor atm

You forgot

in PvP

Posted by: shagwell.1349

shagwell.1349

Wait? What are the three strongest classes at the moment? Thief, warrior, mesmer. They have been on top all over last season.

[orz] below mediocre – we sponsor Arenanet
Piken Square EU, maybe soon on your server.

You forgot

in PvP

apharma.3741

Warrior – has no immobs
Power rev – none
Condi rev -none
Scrapper – none
Necro – none
Ele – none
Mesmer – none.

Actually ele has one on earth 3 (12s CD) and mesmer sword 3 if the clone lives long enough to switch is an immob, both meta builds because I feel it’s poor form to discuss very rare or extremely niche weapons. Still your point does stand that there is hardly a mass of immobilise at the moment, it could have a lot removed from dash and it would still be exceptional.

As I said earlier, think how much you could remove from all elite specs before they might not be chosen over a core trait line. Some elite specs are slowly getting to that point within different roles but some are simply far too strong or missed the mark on what they were trying to accomplish, daredevil being in the latter category.

Edit: @Messiah, I think he was mostly just pointing out on meta/viable builds. There is much more immob in the game if you really list them all but many have a much higher cost to slotting than is realistic to use.

Also I forgot aftershock and overload earth (though you’d have to be blind to get hit by the overload).

(edited by apharma.3741)

You forgot

in PvP

messiah.1908

Warrior – has no immobs
Power rev – none
Condi rev -none
Scrapper – none
Necro – none
Ele – none
Mesmer – none.

Actually ele has one on earth 3 (12s CD) and mesmer sword 3 if the clone lives long enough to switch is an immob, both meta builds because I feel it’s poor form to discuss very rare or extremely niche weapons. Still your point does stand that there is hardly a mass of immobilise at the moment, it could have a lot removed from dash and it would still be exceptional.

As I said earlier, think how much you could remove from all elite specs before they might not be chosen over a core trait line. Some elite specs are slowly getting to that point within different roles but some are simply far too strong or missed the mark on what they were trying to accomplish, daredevil being in the latter category.

Edit: @Messiah, I think he was mostly just pointing out on meta/viable builds. There is much more immob in the game if you really list them all but many have a much higher cost to slotting than is realistic to use.

Also I forgot aftershock and overload earth (though you’d have to be blind to get hit by the overload).

the only immobilize i hate is from the ranger trait as it ticks 1 sec 5 times. so sometimes i cleanse and boom immoiblize again

You forgot

in PvP

apharma.3741

Warrior – has no immobs
Power rev – none
Condi rev -none
Scrapper – none
Necro – none
Ele – none
Mesmer – none.

the only immobilize i hate is from the ranger trait as it ticks 1 sec 5 times. so sometimes i cleanse and boom immoiblize again

Yes, that can die in every fire in every hell.

You forgot

in PvP

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

Warrior – has no immobs
Power rev – none
Condi rev -none
Scrapper – none
Necro – none
Ele – none
Mesmer – none.

True, but you might notice how i state CC farther down the line. Before hot you didn’t need this trait but to many professions atm have access to to much CC, unless they limit it to 1-2 per profession (some professions can obviously be an exception) Thieves will always run dash.

You cut down the amount and by all means add an Icd to dash, until then it just can’t happen.

You forgot

in PvP

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Warrior – has no immobs
Power rev – none
Condi rev -none
Scrapper – none
Necro – none
Ele – none
Mesmer – none.

Warrior – Brutal Shot (Rifle), Pin Down (LB), Throw Bolas (Utility), Flurry (sword), Rupturing Smash (Hammer), Leg Specialist (Traited)

Guard – Hammer 3, Signet of Wrath, Scepter 3, Wings of Resolve (Traited), Wrath of Justice (Traited)

Revenant – Shackling Wave (OH Sword), Grasping Earth (Downed), Momentary Pacification (Traited)

Ranger – Vine Surge (Staff), Muddy Terrain (Utility), Entangle (Elite), Crippling Shot (SB), 5 pets have immob (Spider, Red Jellyfish, Krytan Drakehound and Black Widow/Jungle Spider), Quicksand (Stone Spirit), Natural Convergence (C.Avatar), Ancient Seeds

Thief – Bodyshot (Pistol 2), Infiltrators Strike (Sword), Impairing Daggers (Utility), Needle Trap, Devourers Venom, Surprise Shot (stealth SB), Throw Net (Stolen), Panic Strike

Necro – Dark Pact (Dagger), Rigor Mortis (Bone Fiend), Tainted Shackles (Shroud)

Ele – Magnetic Grasp (MH Dagger), Shock wave (Staff), Aftershock (Utility), Signet of Earth (Utility), Overload (Earth), Grasping earth (Downed), Elemental Surge (Traited)

Mesmer – Swap (Sword, Illusionary Leap), Chaotic Interruption (Traited…this one gives access to lots of immob)

Engi – Glue Shot (Pistol 5), Net Shot (Rifle), Net Turret (Utility), Streamlined Kits (Traited for EGun), Glue Bomb (Bomb Kit), Net Attack (Net Turret)

Whew…There…Fixed it for you

You didn’t specify what builds you were referring to, so technically there are lots of different builds so I helped you and did the work…Your welcome

You forgot

in PvP

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

I really hate it when I get immob’d by thief stolen nets and jellyfish pets in PvP.

You forgot

in PvP

Bigpapasmurf.5623

I really hate it when I get immob’d by thief stolen nets and jellyfish pets in PvP.

ikr its a pain. OP plz nerf

You forgot

in PvP

messiah.1908

back to subject

dont nerf thieves they should be king in 1v1 situation . not easy but should win eventually

in pvp what i hate they counter my necro, rev, sometime mesmer, even ele support and if they +1 kitten ….
but i am talking soloq. team q its different story more easy time cuase i get fast +1 if i am in trouble versus them.

so dilema. i love thieves. i dont want them to kill me fast

so all you thieves out there. pls take your time killing me what’s the rush you have 15 min to enjoy the game . have you ever watch the waterful, the skies in camera view. when you see me next time lest sit together on point and enjoy it.

and another thing. i bourd with d/p thieves…. so please make other weapon useful again