Your Favorite Class? Why?

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

double posting to fix empty page bug for readers. Make sure you don’t count my vote twice.

Engineer, because of the playstyle kits presents, and because of build diversity.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in PvP

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

My favorite class to play in PVP was the engineer. I liked to use the turrets to create a defensive position that had solid control and conditions, and I would supplement that with even more control and conditions from my rifle/grenade kit. This style of play really appealed to me, since I’m actually quite bad in sPVP. I’m a bit panicky and I can’t make skill shots, and I can’t ever see enemy telegraphs (bad eyes and all that), so the high control that the turrets gave me let me hit with the grenades while also taking much of the burden off of my shoulders when fighting.

I say “was” because I haven’t sPVPed that much. Turrets broke awhile ago, and I vowed to not return to sPVP until turrets were fixed. What followed since then was an increasing list of nerfs, bugs, and meaningless buffs that accomplished nothing. I’m sticking to my vow: until my favorite spec works again, I’m not going back into sPVP.

Which is unfortunate, since while I do have ideas on how fix the classes, but since I am so woefully out of touch with how sPVP is done nowadays, I can’t even call my ideas educated guesses.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in PvP

Posted by: Valleria Darkmoon.4506

Valleria Darkmoon.4506

By far my favorite two classes, in this order, are:

1) Elementalist
2) Guardian

1) The thing I enjoy most about the Elementalist is that your moment to moment decisions feel like they have a lot more impact than they do for a lot of other classes since swapping attunments will deny you the use of those spells for longer than other weapon swapping. (For example the thief is the opposite end of the spectrum as they can often stealth and virtually reset a fight, barring maybe a couple of cooldowns if they screw up). Additionally there is a definite focus on certain play style and spell types that change by attunment and the ones your build focuses on will need to be used more but other attunments will have some spells you still need. So there is a strong moment to moment balancing act between when to immobilize and disable to drop the heavy spike or when to stop trying to deal damage and recover but no matter what you have to think with a speed that borders on instinctive to do really well. All of that combined is what makes the Elementalist feel a lot more rewarding than other classes when played well, for me at least.

The initial reason the Elementalist drew me in though is because I like the idea of flying around on the wind at high speed crackling with lightning it’s a mental image I enjoy a lot (now if only I could use Bolt). Getting good at playing the an Elementalist is just a side benefit.

2) When I play Guardian I do it to not be greedy, typically I’m bunker built and carry a staff and mace/shield combo with consecrations. I’m also traited to use the #5 shield bubble when I start to revive downed allies meaning that between that and sanctuary I can keep several allies alive by reviving as well as granting protection/regeneration and using my area denial abilities to hinder enemies pursuing allies that fall low on health. The rage in chat about how bullkitten and frustrating my Guardian is to fight are worth the price of admission alone.

As for the rest I would probably rank them:

3) Ranger
4) Mesmer
5) Necromancer
6) Warrior
7) Engineer
8) Thief

This part of the list is just me kind of idly thinking about it and although I have played all classes in pvp at some point this is based on initial thoughts and highly susceptible to change. I even felt my Elementalist was weak at first, so glad I got over that.

in PvP

Posted by: Swagg.9236

Swagg.9236

Staff elementalist because you actually have to aim/time your attacks and consistently think ahead of your opponents.

in PvP

Posted by: silvershadez.8421

silvershadez.8421

Elementalist: Simply because (almost) every other class feels boring, repeative, braindead and takes away the competition I seek.

in PvP

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

UPDATED 12/26/13

Much respect to those who aren’t folding over to the meta and stickin it out with Eles despite them being the butt of everyones’ jokes currently. Elementalists are getting more love on the poll than Rangers, Mesmer, and Guardian. C’mon Anet, lets get some proper defensive buffs ’em!

Also.. you guys just convinced me to try Engineer.

in PvP

Posted by: Ferik.3127

Ferik.3127

I already voted necromancer so please do not count this one

HOWEVER I just want to say something~

WHERE’S THE NECROLOVE, boys? Don’t hate us necros just because a few scrubs are running the OP condi-mancer builds >_<

Casual player of all races, classes and genders
Champion Slayer | sPvP Rank 90
Dragonbrand

in PvP

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Mesmer, because style – the weapons available to use (if thief didn’t have such poor weapon choice, I would have stuck with that – I just don’t like daggers), the colour scheme and butterflies, the tricking theme, reflects and the movement skills available – it’s just a beautiful and sophisticated class.

I never played GW1 so I don’t know what is missing that used to be there before – ignorance is bliss for the moment.

I don’t care about the meta – my personality usually draws me to similar themed classes/builds in any rpg or game with character customisation.

in PvP

Posted by: jihm.2315

jihm.2315

guardian because i like mele combat and supporting people through it
favorite weapon mace and shield

action combat made mmos better lol

in PvP

Posted by: Murff.1532

Murff.1532

Mesmer!

The ability to confuse your opponents and throw them off with an army of exploding you? Butterflies please :3

Theory crafting Mesmer builds since 2008.
Got it mesmerized?

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

I already voted necromancer so please do not count this one

HOWEVER I just want to say something~

WHERE’S THE NECROLOVE, boys? Don’t hate us necros just because a few scrubs are running the OP condi-mancer builds >_<

I’m sorry man, I just don’t enjoy necro. Way too slow for my tastes. I can see why you could though, with proper positioning and planning you can ruin everyone.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in PvP

Posted by: Enzo.2784

Enzo.2784

Fellow Member of the Thief Master Race.

Though I haven’t been playing the class to much recently :p. Still my favorite class by far though because of the mobility and mind games possible with teleports/stealth.

IGN: Dantes Night /u/DantesS_P

Metabattle.com

in PvP

Posted by: Troll.4237

Troll.4237

Warrior cuz i hit stuff and they die. Hammer and longbow require much skilll to use. So I am an elite player who only loose cuz of noob team mates.

warrior need more buff cuz It hard to 1v5 peeple

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Zerk necro, because it requires the highest ski…
Nah but seriously its just way too fun. There is nothing more satisfying then watching some d/p thief run up to you expecting a faceroll only to end up having to reset 3 times.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Necromancer. Personally, I’ve been playing it since October 2012 with Condition spec. It was such a cool time back then, with Corrupt Boon working on all boons, Putrid Mark actually supporting your allies and transfering ALL conditions which was plainly awesome. Everybody were whining about how UP is necromancer, we were considered like bearbow rangers of WvWvW. Go D/D god ele they said. Go BM bunker ranger with jaguar they said. And yet, with a little bit of thinking I was able to kill all of them, timing skills. June 26th even kind of nerfed me because of corrupt boon (oh, my beloved lyssa runes thieves, how I miss converting your all boons in the game into all conditions in the game rune ;/). A year ago, playing my Necromancer and countering all those OP classes was fun. People clapped to your victory with those.
Now, when I log in on my Condimancer, played with basiclly same spec for over a year, I hear just plain hate about how noob I am for playing my beloved class, with same stuff I’ve been playing for long time, without any cookie-cutter SoS, Dhuumfire… It’s just sad. So I’ve recently switched to Power Necro, at least outside tPvP and playing Ranger, ekhm, trying to play it with power builds also

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144