Yup, WoW pvp is more fun

Yup, WoW pvp is more fun

in PvP

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

WoW pvp is also garbage. Most players quit already and those who compete are fed up with the direction pvp is taking, so basically the same like in GW2.

Except that people raging on forum is just vocal minority. I mean the complain after season 3 basically are : I lose= matchmaking sucks=team sucks= pvp sucks. Yep, totally.

Some must fight so that all may be free.

Yup, WoW pvp is more fun

in PvP

Posted by: Shadow Bane.9362

Shadow Bane.9362

boring conquest mode with garbage match making, yes that’s the state we are at IMO.

Conquest does get boring. Matchmaking however isn’t nearly in as bad of a state as people seem to think. In fact if you have any experience with other tournament matchmaking systems GW2 is quite good even comparatively at face value. Now there are clearly something things that need to be ironed out like such as match making not trying to comp out groups effectively sticking you with 3-4 of 1 class. The match making range of 15pips up/down needs to have that gap closed up a bit. It’s worth keeping in mind this range may be that wide so queues don’t take 30 minutes to pop this is an important thing to keep in mind(even when looking at mmr in unranked). I still think for tournament seasons in ranked it should be close though even if longer queues result.

The biggest problem is perception when it comes to match making some people just refuse to accept their own skill level and are either in denial or absolutely blind to it. Blow outs are going to happen naturally even in a perfect world because those at higher skill levels if they are starting out in lower tiers are going to rise and it’s a simple as that.

(edited by Shadow Bane.9362)

Yup, WoW pvp is more fun

in PvP

Posted by: VoidNard.7206

VoidNard.7206

I’m getting a good laugh at the people who think this is a post about WoW, most people probably didn’t even bother reading through it. Hahaha…. that one guy who can’t take this seriously because he is a hardcore MMO pvper, laughed out loud at that one.

Yup, WoW pvp is more fun

in PvP

Posted by: VoidNard.7206

VoidNard.7206

Question: Why are you playing this game if WoW is more enjoyable?

Anyone who has played WoW knows their pvp is braindead and pricey, so long as the tittle of this thread doesnt change, you are full of it.

False dichotomy much? It’s crazy but maybe he likes other aspects of this game better just not the pvp? Really try and think before posting.

i believe this is the pvp section, i could careless if the OP like Pve or WvW better than spvp. His points might or might not be valid, but the title should be changed if the OP want hardcore MMO player to take him seriously.

So what if it’s the pvp section doesn’t make your statement any less ignorant. And not sure why you think you get to speak for all “hardcore MMO players” but you certainly don’t speak for me. If you can’t handle this discussion don’t click on the title that simple really.

So, you think WoW pvp is better than ours (S3)?

You really have a strange habit of just reading what you want to see. Not once have I said that, please try and follow the discussion rather than trying your best to demonize others. You make baseless accusations with nothing to back it. Your first post was basically you telling him his opinion is wrong, you realize how illogical that is?

I agree, However, if the OP want us to take him serious, don’t you think the title is apocryphal?

Actually, you are right … i’ll refrain from posting until the OP change his title..

Have fun,

To be honest, you guys are acting like children. You read the title and that’s it. That or you guys are complete GW2 fanbooiiis who think the game is perfect. I invite you to read through it. I’m only trying to address GW2 problems. Saying that I enjoy WoW pvp more is irrelevant to the main topic and you should stop uselessly arguing about the title. Grow up, just because someone doesn’t have the same opinion as you, doesn’t mean you have to say garbage.

Yup, WoW pvp is more fun

in PvP

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

Question: Why are you playing this game if WoW is more enjoyable?

Anyone who has played WoW knows their pvp is braindead and pricey, so long as the tittle of this thread doesnt change, you are full of it.

False dichotomy much? It’s crazy but maybe he likes other aspects of this game better just not the pvp? Really try and think before posting.

i believe this is the pvp section, i could careless if the OP like Pve or WvW better than spvp. His points might or might not be valid, but the title should be changed if the OP want hardcore MMO player to take him seriously.

So what if it’s the pvp section doesn’t make your statement any less ignorant. And not sure why you think you get to speak for all “hardcore MMO players” but you certainly don’t speak for me. If you can’t handle this discussion don’t click on the title that simple really.

So, you think WoW pvp is better than ours (S3)?

You really have a strange habit of just reading what you want to see. Not once have I said that, please try and follow the discussion rather than trying your best to demonize others. You make baseless accusations with nothing to back it. Your first post was basically you telling him his opinion is wrong, you realize how illogical that is?

I agree, However, if the OP want us to take him serious, don’t you think the title is apocryphal?

Actually, you are right … i’ll refrain from posting until the OP change his title..

Have fun,

To be honest, you guys are acting like children. You read the title and that’s it. That or you guys are complete GW2 fanbooiiis who think the game is perfect. I invite you to read through it. I’m only trying to address GW2 problems. Saying that I enjoy WoW pvp more is irrelevant to the main topic and you should stop uselessly arguing about the title. Grow up, just because someone doesn’t have the same opinion as you, doesn’t mean you have to say garbage.

Then why would you put WoW in the title, if you don’t want people compare them, then how about you don’t do that comparison in the first place. You can not make titles like “Cat bites guy’s tit off” and then talk about the protection of endanger animals in paragraph and then start calling people children when people talk about cat biting the dude’s tit off in the comment section.

Some must fight so that all may be free.

Yup, WoW pvp is more fun

in PvP

Posted by: mysticsicness.7598

mysticsicness.7598

WoW pvp was fun at one point. Did the arenas up to the highest level. 5v5 was a literal zergfest. 2v2 had its moments, while 3v3 could be fun, but not nearly as action oriented as gw2. Not to mention how utterly skilless melee are in wow, they basically blow their cool downs and profit.
Wow is easier, because certain classes hard counter others regardless of build. GW2 more fun and not as noob friendly (try Dragonhunter).

Yup, WoW pvp is more fun

in PvP

Posted by: infinitenoah.8296

infinitenoah.8296

From what I have heard, WoW PvP is whack-a-mole. You just need to upgrade your hammer to hit faster.

Yup, WoW pvp is more fun

in PvP

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

Would love to see you succeeding in WoW pvp with a trial account. (or a build that was viable at launch and not one made after 10+ years of expansions). Good riddance.

That’s what basically Gw2 non-HoT is… a trial account.

Yup, WoW pvp is more fun

in PvP

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

Not in legion, that goes away. When it comes to overall balance, WoW is much greater and is getting better over the years. To me, It feels like gw2 is getting worse. I still don’t understand why the bring in a summer patch in 2015 to allow for more build diversity, but it HoTs, they completely destroy that possibility with elite specs.

I must agree that GW2 balance is getting worse but to say that WoW’s balance is better? I had my fair share of few years playing pvp in WoW… have your ever played that game to the fullest extent of pvp aspect? Perhaps you were one of those flavor of the month pvp’ers that thought everything works as intended

Balance in that game is what made me left it, even when I come back every now and then to compare how pvp looks here and in WoW, it still has double the ammount of cancer than in GW2, though if Anet keeps up the good work (sarcasm) I’ll have to get back to WoW to play pvp.

But for now, WoW balance being “much greater”? Bruh…

Attachments:

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

Yup, WoW pvp is more fun

in PvP

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

Mechanically, GW2 is way better. But the balance is inexcusably bad. GW2 balance has fallen to the point where facerolling a meta build lets you compete in skill with almost everyone else.

It’s just because everyone is too passively tanky and doesn’t even have to avoid damage or understand how anything works. Just have 100% uptime protection auto-cast invuls and auto-cast passive healing, then run around in circles mashing random buttons or have your pet solo someone while you do nothing but run in circles and rely on passives to keep you alive.

Pre-hot you had to be more aware of what other classes did and avoid damage and pop your abilities and dodges better, but now you can be an “average” player just mashing random aoe/cc on nodes and running in circles. WIll you be good? No, but you will be average enough to actually kill people. At this point I tihnk it’s a conscious design decision to make it easier for new players to get into the game.

Really it’s just ease of use and too much passive garbage that requires no user interaction making GW2 PVP a bit worse. It’s still the best PVP MMO and has a very very high skill cap for nearly every class.

Things like heavy light on guardian(autocast 10s ICD knockback) are things that should never ever exist in this game. Too bad it’ll never go away…

(edited by Shiyo.3578)

Yup, WoW pvp is more fun

in PvP

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

I’m getting a good laugh at the people who think this is a post about WoW, most people probably didn’t even bother reading through it. Hahaha…. that one guy who can’t take this seriously because he is a hardcore MMO pvper, laughed out loud at that one.

True, many probably just skimmed through your paragraphs of opinion or might not have read them at all. Then again, you are the one trying to get a message accross. If the intended message does not get accross properly, the problem is most often with the sender. In this case you. Remember, while pointing a finger at others you are pointing 4 back at yourself. Your title basically drowned any meaningful conversation about this topic and your repeated “you are all stupid lalalala” replies did the rest.

Again, your entire setup and run on “that is not my point” is just as childish. If on a message board, learn to produce productive posts and start productive arguments. Starting a topic on a pvp forum (inherintly more competative) of a different game with “Yup WoW pvp is more fun” will get you exactly the type of attention as seen in this thread.

That being said, you’ve effectively ignored most other constructive posts. Most people even if they did agree would by now have moved on since you are stuck in your “you are not getting my point” loop. Next time, organize your thoughts, take into account the audience you are trying to reach, then make a constructive thread with proper title.

Yup, WoW pvp is more fun

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I tried WoW pvp once and I didn’t have my trinket and I cbf grinding that out so nty

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Yup, WoW pvp is more fun

in PvP

Posted by: Dave.6819

Dave.6819

weird how people are so unhappy with a game yet they keep playing it. i guess OP u r just addicted too much so even if u feel frustrated u still keep playing? for me it was very simple. i bought HoT, tried to overcome all that balance/build diversity bs, was forced to roll classes/builds i dont even enjoy to stay competetive and quite fast it came to me – why the hell im even trying if i dont enjoy anymore. and my enjoyable build/class was totally forced out of meta. that was it. rather simple decision. not enjoying = quitting. quitted and thats it. so i guess u gotta realise that too. just make a simple question " are you enjoying? or are you playing just because u used to like this game? " and im happy already. i’ve found really better games out there that are truly skill based and balance isnt broken and u arent kinda forced to buy xpacs and such. oh and also u can use builds u enjoy unlike here. so cheers. if that’s ur case too dont be blinded by pure addiction and just do a reality check. cuz reality has rly changed. lets say what gw2 was 2years ago and now. totally different game. (just a simple example.. it went from being rather original game where u could use basically any build u’d wanted to and experiment with ur traits and still be good into a game where u got just 1 build/style option or u’ll get destroyed). i guess gl and open ur eyes

Thief prof. really needs your attention
#dyingbreed

(edited by Dave.6819)

Yup, WoW pvp is more fun

in PvP

Posted by: Pridedemon.3041

Pridedemon.3041

Last time i played wow pvp (during cataclysm, i left wow ever since) it was heavily gear based. It had something called resistance or simillar on pvp gear which made fighting someone who had farmed that gear just playing more gave u unfair advantage over other.
Wow arena was pretty much always run with healer which made 2 vs 2 or 3 vs 3 fights last absurdly long, yeah i am talking to u gw2 players who complain about bunker builds in gw2 and battlegrounds were basically zerg vs zerg like world vs world.
Class balance were also something lacking greatly in wow, during whole cataclysm expansion which lasted around 2 years a warrior had no chance against a mage. Even a bad mage in pve gear could easily kill a good warrior in full pvp gear.
Pvp in gw2 is much better then wow when i played it, i doubt much has changed ever since

Yup, WoW pvp is more fun

in PvP

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

Why do some professions have more weapons at their disposal?

MMOs are a large project and no one person built this game. The answer to that question is entirely dependent on whoever designed the profession you’re talking about. It could be for theme and lore but it also could be mechanics; probably a bit of both.

But when you have 8 different kinds of conditions on you plus the 20 others you will get from the 2 other enemy players, it becomes a bit ridiculous. How is this even fun? How the hell is this an enjoyable mechanic?

If you have that many conditions on you, you’re probably dead either way because you’re being outnumbered in a team fight. (1v3 or worse) Losing and dying is not meant to be fun or enjoyable.

I like the idea of revenants being able to buff allies, but how do you counter infinite buffs?

There are plenty of ways to either remove or corrupt them. The last season of PvP had many Necromancer builds which did this pretty often.

Don’t get me started on the match making….. 4 guards in one game, really?

I don’t think match-making really takes profession into consideration because you can swap your class before the match begins. If it did, people could game the system. For example: If I have low MMR on a Thief, I could queue up on a Thief and then (in theory) be queued against people who have low MMR as well. Then I could swap to a profession I’m better at, which wouldn’t be very fair.

Yup, WoW pvp is more fun

in PvP

Posted by: MiGFiD.1760

MiGFiD.1760

I can’t take GW2’s pvp seriously. I think this game was made more for the PvE.