add seppuku to downed state

in PvP

Posted by: gesho.9468

gesho.9468

stimes you know its not going to happen and there you are, stuck in forever limbo. why not add a button, where you can kill youself (may be also giving mates small buff).

some dont enjoy downed state second chance – here is their exit.
it has rp to it.
adds twist to player choices.

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

it has rp to it.

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

“I doth claimeth the windmill, for I am strong of body and flesh.”

in PvP

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

but letting enemies slowly bleed out so that they cant respawn so fast can be an intended tactic in spvp!

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

but letting enemies slowly bleed out so that they cant respawn so fast can be an intended tactic in spvp!

Yes it is. It gives PvP more depth. This way you can perform timekills and finishing the downed enemies at separate times so they don’t always respawn at once.

So based on that, I am against OP’s suggestion.

in PvP

gesho.9468

yeah, that’s what i’d rather not have. you won the battle. guy will respawn after a while and far away, that should be enough. there is only so much one should milk from one victory. further bleeding, poison and coming back once in a while is imo abuse, it is for that tactics exactly i’d rather downed player have an exit.

in PvP

Posted by: Zepidel.5349

Zepidel.5349

I wish they would remove downed state, or at least adjust the HP amounts.

You ~double your “up” hp when you down. I go from like 17k to 35k hp. Doesnt really make sense that after you got your kitten kicked so bad you can’t stand up that you would actually be twice as strong.

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

stimes you know its not going to happen and there you are, stuck in forever limbo. why not add a button, where you can kill youself (may be also giving mates small buff).

some dont enjoy downed state second chance – here is their exit.
it has rp to it.
adds twist to player choices.

Nah, that would kill the strategy of bleeding enemies out, which would reduce the potential strategies that players have at their disposal.

As much as it sucks to get bled out, I like that this is an option to players.

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

A L T + F 4

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Letting someone bleed out is risk vs reward. Losing track of that mesmer with mass invisibility or a thief with shadow refuge isn’t hard. Now instead of you winning the point, it’s 2v1.

in PvP

gesho.9468

Nah, that would kill the strategy of bleeding enemies out, which would reduce the potential strategies that players have at their disposal.

As much as it sucks to get bled out, I like that this is an option to players.

after some time it turns into abuse. after 10-15 sec of being downed “exit” button is fair.
imo

in PvP

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Yes, and this is a perfect example of why it’s a terrible mechanic. Downed-State was never intended to delay respawns and yet that it is what it’s exploited as. And it’s not a lot of fun either.

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

yeah, that’s what i’d rather not have. you won the battle. guy will respawn after a while and far away, that should be enough. there is only so much one should milk from one victory. further bleeding, poison and coming back once in a while is imo abuse, it is for that tactics exactly i’d rather downed player have an exit.

I disagree. I think the option of bleeding enemies adds depth to the gameplay. It’s also a risky move. I have had numerous occasions where I was bleeding someone, and 2 roamers quickly came in and resurrected the person to my dismay.

Your suggestion would further dilute the overall PvP experience. I do not support your suggestion.

in PvP

gesho.9468

I disagree. I think the option of bleeding enemies adds depth to the gameplay. It’s also a risky move. I have had numerous occasions where I was bleeding someone, and 2 roamers quickly came in and resurrected the person to my dismay.

Your suggestion would further dilute the overall PvP experience. I do not support your suggestion.

i agree with you as long as it (bleeding tactics) has some limits. but after some time (10-15 sec) self-defeat button would be fair.

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

One might say that adding that second chance makes better plays harder to do. You can’t win a 2v1 if the enemies can ress each other. And makes tanky characters all that more important (you can stomp with an hambow, it’s trickier with a med guardian).

And it’s too fast considering the how it has been implemented: other than having response problems (Sometimes I press and nothing happens), if a downed enemy and a downed ally are one near each other, it’s the client to decide your option, unless you select your ally or your enemy, which is a mess in the clutter.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in PvP

gesho.9468

also, self-defeat is just the same tradeoff, just downed player’s side. “should i bleed him endless?” choice will be replaced by “should i allow to bleed myself endless?” choice.
and on top of it, many ppl who hate downed state will have alternative, but with cost.

else, leaving one entirely at the mercy of the other is unfair.

i believe downed state has a decay factor, so to an extent this choice is in the game, its just i’ve never seen it used in pvp, as i believe it takes forever.

in PvP

Jasher.6580

i agree with you as long as it (bleeding tactics) has some limits. but after some time (10-15 sec) self-defeat button would be fair.

If you are in a downed state and you don’t try to rez yourself or evade stomps… in other words, if you just sit there and attack your target you will die in about 10-15 seconds regardless. It will only be prolonged if you try to survive.

in PvP

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

I think you should be able to heal enemy players in the downed state.

To keep them in constant limbo.

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

100x support this.

The game has enough snowball mechanics as it is, bleeding/trolling ppl in downed state after fight is already over just adds to much. imo it shouldnt be the best viable tactic, maybe

-normal 15s respawn if u stomp
-reduced 5-10s respawn if you get bleeded out ?

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Posted by: YourFriendMarvin.4127

YourFriendMarvin.4127

Add a commit Sudoku button.

#MostTeamQueueWins before December 2nd, 2014 Patch
[NA]Rank 71 before April 15th, 2014 Feature Patch OG Moltres, 10k Champion Brawler, Team PZ
http://www.twitch.tv/yourfriendmarvin

in PvP

Posted by: Reikou.7068

Reikou.7068

I would agree to this, only if the respawn timer for the suicide option was lengthened to 1 minute from 20 seconds from a regular death.

Reikou/Reira/Iroha/Sengiku/Rinoka/Kuruse/Sakuho/Kinae/Yuzusa/Kikurin/Otoha/Hasue/Mioko
https://www.youtube.com/AilesDeLumiere
http://www.twitch.tv/ailesdelumiere

in PvP

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

for when you need to afk the remainder of a 4v5?

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

in PvP

gesho.9468

I think you should be able to heal enemy players in the downed state.

To keep them in constant limbo.

nasty

in PvP

Posted by: YourFriendMarvin.4127

YourFriendMarvin.4127

for when you need to afk the remainder of a 4v5?

Of course!

#MostTeamQueueWins before December 2nd, 2014 Patch
[NA]Rank 71 before April 15th, 2014 Feature Patch OG Moltres, 10k Champion Brawler, Team PZ
http://www.twitch.tv/yourfriendmarvin

in PvP

Posted by: The Kurt.2518

The Kurt.2518

If you don’t realize that the enemies are trying to keep you alive for such a long time, why should you be rewarded with a insta-death button? O.o I think that the bleeding out part is an interesting mechanic that adds depth to the game, as many people have said before :)

in PvP

Posted by: Fourth.1567

Fourth.1567

Agreed. Seriously there is no way to argue against changing it. The goal here is to make a game that is both fun and has depth. Now a mechanic that adds depth at the expense of enjoyment doesn’t match this goal. At best I would give it a 4/10 as a mechanic. Sure its ‘fun’ for some people to do to opponents, especially as an engi with knockbacks but there is two people to the equation. Taking control away from one player almost entirely isn’t fun.

There is nothing in that situation where the downed player has room to personally leverage an advantage. Either give the downed player a reason to keep playing under all circumstances or allow them an out.

in PvP

Posted by: Spooko.5436

Spooko.5436

if you want downstate to end faster, just swap characters, or just log out, then log back in,

though it may take longer than the 15s respawn time, you can negate downstate like this

in PvP

Posted by: Urejt.5648

Urejt.5648

Suicide option is banned in real life so it also should be banned in game.

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

I have been playing my necro a lot lately. We have no stability that can be used for stomping. For this reason I often bleed out people (esp engi) I often feel bad because of this and from time to time will get abuse. I think this function would be good, but only if it kicks in after a ‘X’ amount time has past. This why tactical drawing out of respawn can still be used, but also allows it only to go on for so long before the player can force a respawn.

in PvP

redslion.9675

I’d like to say one thing though: in game depth should be there while everyone is still standing. Not after a battle is already done.

in PvP

Posted by: The Kurt.2518

The Kurt.2518

I’d like to say one thing though: in game depth should be there while everyone is still standing. Not after a battle is already done.

The battle isn’t over just because everyone isn’t standing, often it’s indeed very far from over.

And if you are downed there is a way to take your life: just don’t heal yourself. Sure, that might take some time but it’s usually not that long and I don’t see anyone complaining about respawn times anyway

in PvP

redslion.9675

The battle isn’t over just because everyone isn’t standing, often it’s indeed very far from over.

And if you are downed there is a way to take your life: just don’t heal yourself. Sure, that might take some time but it’s usually not that long and I don’t see anyone complaining about respawn times anyway

Actually, letting an opponent bleed out is something you do when the fight at a point is over.

Ressing/stomping during a fight is often hindered by lag, clutter and a bit of luck (I’m not sure really close resses/stomps reward only strategy or a bit of luck).

As long as there is a chance of enemy reinforcements, coming, IMHO you should stomp, because

A: you don’t want rallies. Or resses.
B: Some classes can’t be left alone, like ranger for his self ress and mesmer for his phantasmal rogue (it’s more damage that might get you killed).

Another thing: downed fights reward build composition, more than active fighting. A bit different from what ANet advertised.

in PvP

Posted by: Fourth.1567

Fourth.1567

Have to agree with redslion. The time you choose to bleed someone is the situation when you know the opponent has no way to interact and might as well be on respawn. The only skill/depth at play here is knowledge. Knowledge like this that can have such a large impact on the games outcome just acts as a barrier for entry and creates scenarios that just are not fun.

If I was playing competitively sure I would use it because it vastly improves win chance but otherwise I just feel like a kitten for doing it.

in PvP

redslion.9675

Have to agree with redslion. The time you choose to bleed someone is the situation when you know the opponent has no way to interact and might as well be on respawn. The only skill/depth at play here is knowledge. Knowledge like this that can have such a large impact on the games outcome just acts as a barrier for entry and creates scenarios that just are not fun.

If I was playing competitively sure I would use it because it vastly improves win chance but otherwise I just feel like a kitten for doing it.

I mean, i’m half fine with it, but it’s sad you find depth only here and not during a fight.

in PvP

Jasher.6580

If you don’t try to heal/evade and just attack, you die very quickly. This is not needed.

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Yes, and this is a perfect example of why it’s a terrible mechanic. Downed-State was never intended to delay respawns and yet that it is what it’s exploited as. And it’s not a lot of fun either.

Whether it is intended or not it does have its risks but I also feel it a very valid tactic and should stay as is.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in PvP

Posted by: Demonoid.1974

Demonoid.1974

If an enemy team is letting you bleed out and your helpless and void of any help at all, swap characters, unless your computer is a potato then this is your so-called seppuku. Swap anytime the rez timer is 15 seconds. Have a backup counter character ready, or just log back on to that character if it’s your best bet. Be ready to rotate where needed, don’t let the enemy waste 30 seconds of your time forcing you to take a nap. That or cleave (dps) the enemy team while they’re focused on stopping down state recovery. Cheers.

http://www.twitch.tv/demonold/profile
-complain less, train harder-

in PvP

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

Dudes, in a lot of competitive games when you get fragged that’s it, you’re dead until the end of the round! Even in GW1 gvg you had to wait up to 2 whole minutes unless you got rezzed. And you’re complaining about an extra 4-5" added to the already puny 15" respawn timer? Come on, don’t be ingrates!

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.