afkers and people throwing matches

in PvP

Posted by: robotosis.4872

robotosis.4872

I keep seeing teams where one person or more would stop trying and deliberately throw the match. Instead of leaving, they stay in base the entire round.

Reporting doesn’t seem to be doing much, as I see the same people doing it. Is there anything being done about this?

in PvP

Posted by: FOX.3582

FOX.3582

I keep seeing teams where one person or more would stop trying and deliberately throw the match. Instead of leaving, they stay in base the entire round.

Reporting doesn’t seem to be doing much, as I see the same people doing it. Is there anything being done about this?

Don’t do stupid crap and people won’t go afk.

Examples:

From match start, two or three people cap home (and maybe even stay on it) – I go afk.

Before start you see your opponents team having two Reapers and two Dragonhunters while my team has three thieves and no one is willing to switch) – I go afk.

Match starts, one caps home, rest goes mid, immediate three people from my team are getting one-shot on mid because they don’t know how to dodge/invulnerable/block – I go afk.

Trying to communicate but nobody responds followed by a huge mess – I go afk.

I am not pro and I do not expect my teammates are the best. Just don’t do stupid crap. So if you see mee in your team, you better have some brain cells left. I am not here to make friends in PvP, I am here to win. Believe me when I say that I don’t give a crap about others, even less about complete idiots. Also do not think my opinion is unique, most afk’ers share this opinion. Maybe the only difference is that they could actually be looking for some friends, that’s probably the reason they don’t say it like I do…

Grtz…

FOX…

What does the FOX say¿!

in PvP

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

Examples:

From match start, two or three people cap home (and maybe even stay on it) – I go afk.

Before start you see your opponents team having two Reapers and two Dragonhunters while my team has three thieves and no one is willing to switch) – I go afk.

Match starts, one caps home, rest goes mid, immediate three people from my team are getting one-shot on mid because they don’t know how to dodge/invulnerable/block – I go afk.

I am not pro and I do not expect my teammates are the best. Just don’t do stupid crap. So if you see mee in your team, you better have some brain cells left. I am not here to make friends in PvP, I am here to win. Believe me when I say that I don’t give a crap about others, even less about complete idiots. Also do not think my opinion is unique, most afk’ers share this opinion. Maybe the only difference is that they could actually be looking for some friends, that’s probably the reason they don’t say it like I do…

Grtz…

FOX…

……..

Can we ban fox right now for botting/match throwing?

I’m glad that we have an avid example of a “too pro to play” player

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

in PvP

FOX.3582

Can we ban fox right now for botting/match throwing?

I’m glad that we have an avid example of a “too pro to play” player

Life must he hard when you can’t read…

What does the FOX say¿!

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

Examples:

Grtz…

FOX…

people like you are the reason why this game is getting more kitten day by day

plz go to lol or dota2, thats wheres the right place for the likes of you

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

in PvP

Posted by: Littlefeather.8623

Littlefeather.8623

Yea I report everyday but nothing is done about it, it seems almost pointless to report when it’s the same people everyday and anet does nothing.

This behavior clearly is explicitly identified as against the Rules of Conduct:

“22. While participating in Plaver-vs-Player (PvP) gameplay, you will not participate in any form of match manipulation. Match manipulation is defined as any action taken to fix or manipulate the outcome of a match or alter or manipulate the rankings or ratings of the ladder. This also includes disrupting other people’s game experience by not actively participating in matches in good faith, a.k.a leeching”

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-rules-of-conduct/

How much must our MM/MMR be sabotaged before anet does something about it.

Crazy Leg

(edited by Littlefeather.8623)

in PvP

Littlefeather.8623

It’s not that I care if people suck, that’s unavoidable in this ranking system, but people intentionally loose matches, well I can careless if it wouldn’t effect me or the other players by all means, but it does affect me and other players’.

Crazy Leg

in PvP

Littlefeather.8623

I’ve even see people sync que’s to be on the other team to loose matches…this is the most damage anyone could cause to pvp.

Crazy Leg

in PvP

FOX.3582

Examples:

Grtz…

FOX…

Well if afk’ers are your biggest problem in this game¿ Hahahaha! Blame Arenanet, they are the ones who need to make sure people who play ranked should know at least the basics of PvP. Maybe you people need to think further then your own problems only¿ There is a huge group of people who afk in matches, so Arenanet should go look at the core of the problem and ask themselves the question; “Why are so many people willing to buy a game, install the game and choose a game mode to play, followed by staring at your screen until the other people are finished playing the game mode you picked, what was initially meant to play with them.”

But hey, I wish you guys a lot of fun wasting your time on an already lost game. Don’t expect me to do the same, especially not when my wife is sitting here next to me. Ya’ll can blow my little whistle…

What does the FOX say¿!

in PvP

Posted by: foste.3098

foste.3098

I sometimes go afk when a match is a certain loss with a score of 300- <50 or something like that (unless the map is legacy because anything is possible on that broken kitten of a map). There are games where ending (loosing) in order to save time is the only option left because it reached a point where it is unwinnable, and because we do not have a /resign function afk is the way to do it.

Now there are many reasons why a match goes to a state of unwinnablnes (is this even a word?), but from what i can tell it is most often because a team has bad rotations (had one game where at the start a necro went far) or because teammates do not know how to play against certain builds.
Dh with trap spam is the most qq’ed about spec, but it is so easy to outmaneuver that it is baffling how during a match ppl keep dying to it repeatedly.
It is understandable If you die to traps in the middle of a team fight to an enemy dh that+1s it with a blink and traps the point, as you did not see it coming due to lots of skill effects making it difficult to spot him blink in and place traps. But when ppl run to a point where a lone dh is stood and then just walk in to traps and get instagibed i just facepalm. Thees are the type of games that end up as blowouts and where you might as well go afk when you see that your team has 0 chance.

see no evil ,until i stab you

in PvP

FOX.3582

Oh and people btw:

I’ve even see people sync que’s to be on the other team to loose matches…this is the most damage anyone could cause to pvp.

Of course this is not what I meant. I hope that the people who do crap like that get a virus, both them and their computers.

What does the FOX say¿!

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

Examples:

Grtz…

FOX…

Well if afk’ers are your biggest problem in this game¿ Hahahaha! Blame Arenanet, they are the ones who need to make sure people who play ranked should know at least the basics of PvP. Maybe you people need to think further then your own problems only¿ There is a huge group of people who afk in matches, so Arenanet should go look at the core of the problem and ask themselves the question; “Why are so many people willing to buy a game, install the game and choose a game mode to play, followed by staring at your screen until the other people are finished playing the game mode you picked, what was initially meant to play with them.”

But hey, I wish you guys a lot of fun wasting your time on an already lost game. Don’t expect me to do the same, especially not when my wife is sitting here next to me. Ya’ll can blow my little whistle…

the core problem of people afking in the matches is that those people are kitten and should be treated like kitten, but to my knowledge Anet has never banned anyone for such attitude

the day (if it happens) when this forum will be filled with “GG ANET BANNED ME UNFAIR” threads is the day when this kitten with afkers and simply people with trash attitude will stop, until then i suppose you are going to keep killing this game

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

in PvP

Littlefeather.8623

This isnt the first time sync’ed ques are being exploited, this was happening in the previous ladder system, anet kind of randomized the que to limit this exploit but people still do it and anet knows it but cant stop it. All I ask is if anet knows people are possibly exploiting synced ques why not take reporting, which currently have no choice but to use “Botting”, more serious.?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Syncing-in-Solo-Que
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Sync-Queue-still-not-solved

Crazy Leg

(edited by Littlefeather.8623)

in PvP

Littlefeather.8623

Going AFK in an unwinnable match, which is universally understood for all players, is something almost everyone does. But not in the first 10 seconds of the match, which we’ve all seen plenty of times, so don’t pretend it’s not a thing.

Crazy Leg

in PvP

Posted by: Daroon.1736

Daroon.1736

Examples:

Grtz…

FOX…

The really sad thing is that if another player came on here and tried to name and shame you as an habitual AFK’er, the post would be removed and they would likely be infracted.

Apparently though, it’s fine for you (and many others like you) to openly admit on the forums to throwing matches.

Is it an wonder why so many players feel so frustrated at the apparent lack of action being taken against this type of player?

in PvP

Posted by: Jockum.1385

Jockum.1385

Apparently though, it’s fine for you (and many others like you) to openly admit on the forums to throwing matches.

Is it an wonder why so many players feel so frustrated at the apparent lack of action being taken against this type of player?

Leaving a match is like 10 mins dishonour. Punishment for afking has to be comparable. I prefer Anet to take care of verbal abuses instead.

naming and shaming is not allowed in most/all forums, execept maybe botter forums etc. Reason: no one can check if you are telling the truth. It’s easy to give false impressions, fake screenshots or just throw in a name.
It might be you who gets called an afker. Maybe your kitchen was burning. Maybe you were never afk. Maybe the guy stating you are afking was never in a match with you.
Maybe someone with two or three accounts doesn’t like you. Maybe a guild is mad at you. No one can check it.

in PvP

Posted by: Zewad.6138

Zewad.6138

What are you all talking about ? Dem amber posts

Do you even know what a throw is ? A throw is pushing far with 2 caps and losing it. A throw is a solo lord below 350 p. A throw is going for the beasts when theres a 3v4 at mid. A throw is joining a competitive mode with trash builds/non meta proffs, pre throw lol.

All the scenarios fox stated are basically lost matches and you cant almost never blame those going afk.

I have my fair share of bad plays to the point of losing the match by myself. But bad plays =/= absolute pvp newbie and you cant really expect any veteran pvper to go full tryhard for a 40-500.

in PvP

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

All the scenarios fox stated are basically lost matches and you cant almost never blame those going afk.

I have my fair share of bad plays to the point of losing the match by myself. But bad plays =/= absolute pvp newbie and you cant really expect any veteran pvper to go full tryhard for a 40-500.

We can completely blame and look to get people banned that AFK in matches. Have you never had a turn around game after 250/350? If not then you going AFK is probably why. You will have matches with bad players on your side at some point. You will also have people that completely do not mix with your play style. Plan for it. Look at it as an opportunity to try new things or just use it as practice. If you don’t want to, then just go back to hotjoin. Don’t come here though and expect to make it sound like you were in the right, you weren’t. Your actions are worse then that bad player’s that you are trying to blame things on.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Well… I don’t like AFK people.

The game can be turned out. I’ve seen match come back from 300 pts differences.

People that don’t push to the best LOST in score, are affecting their (and other team member) MMR down.

Going AFK after 50 pts, is damaging your MMR way more than losing the game properly at 400+. (losing at 400+ versus a premade when you are soloq guys or something, actually give you a MMR boost if the premade had a better MMR than your team)

Reporting as Botting and blocking the guy is usually what I do.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

I don’t see very many people deliberately throwing matches or afking, but occasionally I do and it can really ruin the game for people (although I will admit that when people go afk it is in a situation that most people would consider a lost game) and for people like me who try until the very end it can make those efforts seem pointless. I personally don’t mind it at all because I just accept it as part of the game and that it will never change, because it won’t. However for some it can really spoil their play time and I think Anet should consider the feelings of those players and try to do more to stop people afking in games.
What I think the main reason is for people going afk is that they do not believe that comebacks are possible so stop trying when 100 points down. I see that attitude in loads of people who do not deliberately throw games as well, but they simply play worse when behind because they lose belief that they can win which isn’t really their fault. There is nothing I like seeing in pvp more than people calling targets, going for decaps and trying to take kills at score like 450-250 down. I just love playing with people like myself who will still try to win in situations where most would consider the game to be lost and try as hard when 300 points down as they would when the game first begins. I do think that more should be done to encourage players to think like this and try to the end, however I highly doubt the afking will stop because that is just how some people are.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.4802

Terrorsquad.4802

I have to admit I afk matches since a few days ago which are utterly lost. No point in pretending I can still win while Anet is allowing this piece of shet matchmaking.

Denied NA Account | 8.4k hours | 5.6k Games | Bored

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

If you throw a game in the first few minutes of the match, that just makes you not good enough to carry bad decisions of your teammates.

in PvP

Terrorsquad.4802

If you throw a game in the first few minutes of the match, that just makes you not good enough to carry bad decisions of your teammates.

Please do tell me how to carry a team going 1v4 on far while leaving close/mid open?
I really can’t wait for your answer.

Senpai-sama.

in PvP

Posted by: Zewad.6138

Zewad.6138

250-350=40-500 , kk dude , blame the afker
Edit:the veteran pvper is worst than the pvehero hunting a piece of gear

(edited by Zewad.6138)

in PvP

Yasi.9065

Please do tell me how to carry a team going 1v4 on far while leaving close/mid open?

Senpai-sama.

Cap close, see if enemy team rushes far to help or if they try to get close, if they do… either hold close or go cap mid – depending on situation

Thing is… Im talking about the first few minutes of the match, as I stated above. Its not gonna be 50-400 after 4 minutes.

So yeah, throwing a match after first push makes you a pretty bad player.

in PvP

Posted by: Shovel Face.4512

Shovel Face.4512

I sometimes go afk when a match is a certain loss with a score of 300- <50 or something like that (unless the map is legacy because anything is possible on that broken kitten of a map). There are games where ending (loosing) in order to save time is the only option left because it reached a point where it is unwinnable, and because we do not have a /resign function afk is the way to do it.

Now there are many reasons why a match goes to a state of unwinnablnes (is this even a word?), but from what i can tell it is most often because a team has bad rotations (had one game where at the start a necro went far) or because teammates do not know how to play against certain builds.
Dh with trap spam is the most qq’ed about spec, but it is so easy to outmaneuver that it is baffling how during a match ppl keep dying to it repeatedly.
It is understandable If you die to traps in the middle of a team fight to an enemy dh that+1s it with a blink and traps the point, as you did not see it coming due to lots of skill effects making it difficult to spot him blink in and place traps. But when ppl run to a point where a lone dh is stood and then just walk in to traps and get instagibed i just facepalm. Thees are the type of games that end up as blowouts and where you might as well go afk when you see that your team has 0 chance.

Just wanted to say that 2 players going far is not a bad rotation but a L2P issue on your part, assuming you and the other player went to go mid. If there are 2 players going far, you have 4 options. 1. You go help defend home. 2. You go to far to help as they will realize you all went to their close. Or 3. You stay in mid but as soon as you get pressured, you HAVE to bail mid and LIVE. And of course there is the option where you run into a 4v2 in mid and both of you die. Of the 4 options, 1. And 2. are good calls.

in PvP

Posted by: HardRider.2980

HardRider.2980

Examples:

Annd what if by any chance they dont have another toon their good at in pvp yet?

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in PvP

Yasi.9065

Then they are good enough to adjust their builds to make up for it. But most arent. Because most that didnt take the time to at least learn to be not bad on other professions actually dont have a clue how to counter them either.

in PvP

Posted by: SailorSpira.9371

SailorSpira.9371

I once had a Mesmer AFK the entire game in the other teams spawn (Foefire).

I don’t mind if you AFK an unwinnable match, when your down 300 points. When you look at the team line up and AFK then that is match fixing, when you fail the first push and AFK that’s match fixing.

You have to let the game play out before you can know if it winnable or not.

FA [CC]

in PvP

Posted by: foste.3098

foste.3098

Just wanted to say that 2 players going far is not a bad rotation but a L2P issue on your part, assuming you and the other player went to go mid. If there are 2 players going far, you have 4 options. 1. You go help defend home. 2. You go to far to help as they will realize you all went to their close. Or 3. You stay in mid but as soon as you get pressured, you HAVE to bail mid and LIVE. And of course there is the option where you run into a 4v2 in mid and both of you die. Of the 4 options, 1. And 2. are good calls.

Did i ever say that is was a bad rotation? i never mentioned 2 players going far at the start what i said that one necro decided it was a good idea to go far at the start. A necro the slowest class in game with 0 life force (he did not sacrifice flesh worm at the start or use a spectral skill with the trait to get lf) and then proceed to die there.

Looks like you have a l2r issue, lean to read.

see no evil ,until i stab you

in PvP

Posted by: Cyanon.1928

Cyanon.1928

Examples:

Grtz…

FOX…

Hey, someone have to win the first fight… that does not mean they WILL win the game.

If you are smart enough, you see middle in bad shape then you disengage and de-cap or even cap far… then gg you have enemies 2 capped and forced to spread, by that moment the match must be even in points. Simple… even a baddie like you could do it.

However, since you decided to AFK you are not only destroying your own mmr, but also being the specific person responsible for the lost.

If you were good you would be able to do at least one the following:

1. Help the team by ADAPTING properly after first fight.

2. Find a decent team to pre-made

But you don’t do that because you aren’t good… you are a simple elitist… and there is only one thing worst than an elitist… it is a bad elitist…

You are not even good enough to be considered seriously by other elitists… thats why you queue with random people and get mad at them.

I understand… It must be frustrating for you to know that there is no place for you on this game….

I hope ANET ban you after enough reports are filled.

Grtz…

Cyanon…

in PvP

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

I am not pro and I do not expect my teammates are the best.
FOX…

and clearly you never will be pro, should stick to amber where you belong. =)

aka. “The Complainer”

in PvP

Posted by: robotosis.4872

robotosis.4872

to clarify, this is happening in ruby

in PvP

Posted by: SailorSpira.9371

SailorSpira.9371

/sigh.

Before match even starts..

Attachments:

FA [CC]

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

FOX…

FOX might be miles better than you though…

Just saying…

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

FOX…

FOX might be miles better than you though…

Just saying…

FOX is the type of player that has cost most of us between 20-30% of our losses. Idc how good he is when he decides to play, afkers are insurmountable.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

in PvP

Terrorsquad.4802

Senpai-sama.

Cap close, see if enemy team rushes far to help or if they try to get close, if they do… either hold close or go cap mid – depending on situation

Thing is… Im talking about the first few minutes of the match, as I stated above. Its not gonna be 50-400 after 4 minutes.

So yeah, throwing a match after first push makes you a pretty bad player.

How can I cap mid if they have 4 players to divide between close-mid and they got 1 zerged by 4 of my teammates at far?

Senpai pls.

And yes I know but some matches are literally like I said above; they are over in just 5mins like in Foefire. 615-40 etc

in PvP

Posted by: Daroon.1736

Daroon.1736

Senpai-sama.

Cap close and then Either:

1) Use the mini map thing in the corner – It shows you where your team mates are and you can use your godlike pvp skills to read the game to decide where to go next.

2) Hope there are are a couple of players just like you in the opposing team, who; after seeing that your team has 2 capped points to their one in the first few minutes, give up and go AFK.