bleed time on disconnects

in PvP

Posted by: FloIsAwsm.3467

FloIsAwsm.3467

Hey!

I wanted to propose some changes to the “bleed time” system. Regardless of the cause, you currently add 30 seconds(I think) to someone’s respawn time when they reconnect into a game.

Here is my problem: When you disconnect because of your connection this system is really punishing. Disconnecting is bad enough, but the added respawn time makes it even worse for your team.

What I am proposing is this: Either find a way to distinguish players disconnecting from players logging off or at least remove the penalty for players who are not in combat or disconnect with a certain health threshold (like 50%).

Discuss!

in PvP

Posted by: Acandis.3250

Acandis.3250

The problem with this is that it is virtually impossible (I’m not exaggerating) to distinguish accidental from deliberate DCs…

Adding a mechanic that doesn’t punish DCs can be easily abused.

Eg. Suppose we go with what you said and make it so as long as I DC out of combat, there’s no penalty when relog…

Ok supposed I’m pushing far while ooc but my homeboys at home are calling for help.. what’s faster? Trek from far to mid to home, or reblog in 5s and go from base to home?

This is something that SSD technology very easily facilitates.

As such it is just better to have the penalty for everyone, even if some of the cases are not deliberate.

in PvP

Posted by: Sinmir.6504

Sinmir.6504

I’d have liked a hara kiri button for downed state. Then would only need to be 15 seconds dead at disconnect and reconnect as they could have done the instant death choice.
Feels like downed state was put in the game to be a benefit, give you a chance to get up but just now it can be used as an advantage to the enemy by keeping them incapacitated.

in PvP

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

I’d have liked a hara kiri button for downed state. Then would only need to be 15 seconds dead at disconnect and reconnect as they could have done the instant death choice.
Feels like downed state was put in the game to be a benefit, give you a chance to get up but just now it can be used as an advantage to the enemy by keeping them incapacitated.

It’s called a risk for letting you bleed out and them being rewarded because it takes you longer to get back into a fight.