broken strength runes

broken strength runes

in PvP

Posted by: Blackjack.5621

Blackjack.5621

This rune is way over the top. 2x 4 set boni is not in line with other runes and 7% dmg under the effect of might is simply too much. With the recent sigil changes everyone has access to perma migth and this synergy is simply broken. Please stop this power creep cause the only way to face 25 migth glass cannons is simply to kill them quickly cause there is no way they can be outlasted by any sustained build.

If you made different experiences please share them with me, but that´s how i feel about this rune.

I Zapdos I
WTS Boston winner
Esl profile: http://play.eslgaming.com/player/7930634/

(edited by Blackjack.5621)

broken strength runes

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

>community spends two years suggesting a zerker dps meta is the most fun for spvp
>Anet makes steps to implement this
>players complain their ‘sustain’ builds can’t hold up to zerker builds.

Does this mean the bunker meta is over and people can start playing this game properly again?

Phaatonn, London UK

broken strength runes

in PvP

Blackjack.5621

There are players of all niches, not just dps zerker and those builds using strength runes would still be viable with different sets of runes / nerfed strength runes.

The goal can´t be to have a dps zerker meta, the goal must be to open up all variations and strategies to have similar chances if played correctly.

I Zapdos I
WTS Boston winner

(edited by Blackjack.5621)

broken strength runes

in PvP

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

well, imho right now is more fun then bunker all over the place, plus bunker is still viable. not like teams stop bringing them anymore, dont they.

but i agree strength is too good when comparing to other runes, but if the meta is caused by it, i prefer it to stay.

broken strength runes

in PvP

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

Strength runes do seem over the top, but several other runes are, at least IMO, a bit OP.

As for the meta implications, I kinda like the new meta, for now…

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

broken strength runes

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

hmmm strength rune really is that powerful?
perhaps i should try it out and see for myself.
i have been using pack runes at the moment.

hmmm perhaps 5.95% more crit chance (125 precision from pack runes) is less useful when compared against 7% more damage under might.

broken strength runes

in PvP

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

Oh no condi bunker got instagibbed . how sad

broken strength runes

in PvP

Blackjack.5621

Thx for your constructive feedback, I´m not playing a condition class tho.

I Zapdos I
WTS Boston winner

broken strength runes

in PvP

Posted by: RockSteady.7123

RockSteady.7123

These are exactly the kinds of runes we need to counter the condi spam meta. Because of these runes, power builds are being looked at again as a means to neutralize the favor towards condi builds. You now see more GS warrirors, power engis, and power necros. It’s not the perfect solution, but it is a step.

I disagree entirely with your post.

broken strength runes

in PvP

Posted by: Hype.8032

Hype.8032

Let’s talk about nerfing Balthazar runes instead….

Tualek & F I Monk / Thief —-- Tk E / Engineer
Highest Solo Queue Rank Achieved: 40
Highest solo-join Team Queue Rank Achieved: 198

broken strength runes

in PvP

Blackjack.5621

These are exactly the kinds of runes we need to counter the condi spam meta. Because of these runes, power builds are being looked at again as a means to neutralize the favor towards condi builds. You now see more GS warrirors, power engis, and power necros. It’s not the perfect solution, but it is a step.

you wont see any of them, it´s thief and mesmer

I Zapdos I
WTS Boston winner

broken strength runes

in PvP

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

but they nerfed GS warriors so hard this patch, even hambow do more damage now.
You see people with GS, because they came from PvE

broken strength runes

in PvP

Posted by: Zirith.6429

Zirith.6429

the problem with strength runes is that they work so well for condi builds too :/

broken strength runes

in PvP

Posted by: ceol.9175

ceol.9175

The only way you’re going to have a balanced game is if you shoehorn classes into roles that only they can queue for and play effectively. Since that isn’t happening with GW2, a constantly shifting “meta” is the only thing in this game’s future.

broken strength runes

in PvP

Posted by: Pollution.8703

Pollution.8703

you wont see any of them, it´s thief and mesmer

This guy knows what’s up. Burst theives and mesmers all day today in solo queue.

broken strength runes

in PvP

Posted by: dylan.5409

dylan.5409

First 1 without stealth/immunities/teleports dies
kewl

broken strength runes

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Stack that might, please.

It’s soo good to corrupt might capped guy with Path of Corruption and watch him panic

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

broken strength runes

in PvP

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

I don’t mind if they stack might. I’m a thief. I steal things.

broken strength runes

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

There are players of all niches, not just dps zerker and those builds using strength runes would still be viable with different sets of runes / nerfed strength runes.

The goal can´t be to have a dps zerker meta, the goal must be to open up all variations and strategies to have similar chances if played correctly.

You mean soldier warriors?

And no I disagree, zerker should be ‘meta’ at the highest levels IMO.

Phaatonn, London UK

broken strength runes

in PvP

Posted by: sendmark.4731

sendmark.4731

They are too powerful. I do use them and play burst, and agree that zerker should trump condi and break bunkers, but this is a bit too much.

broken strength runes

in PvP

Posted by: josh.7390

josh.7390

Problem is with bunkers using them to deal hilarious dmg while surviving 2v1… Bunker ele with 25 might stacks and kitten

broken strength runes

in PvP

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

xD, Might with a Condition build is even more OP. I may be misunderstanding what “instagibbed” means but if you’re saying Sigil Of Strength is the bane of Condition bunker you are sorely mistaken :P. If anything it’s very much in our favor. Trust me I’ve been having a lot of fun stacking might and a ton of bleeds watching them do stupid amounts of dot damage. Who needs Sigil Of Bursting when you have Sigil Of Strength.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

broken strength runes

in PvP

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Stack that might, please.

It’s soo good to corrupt might capped guy with Path of Corruption and watch him panic

<3 that new trait so much. Oh, I see you have swiftness and might and are trying to escape my clutches… -Path Of Corruption- Oh look! Now you’re crippled, chilled, bleeding and weakened! Sorry not sorry.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

broken strength runes

in PvP

Posted by: Oidmetala.8426

Oidmetala.8426

i smell some happy mesmers and eles in this topic.

interesting how some peoples want have fun and dont care about other professions.
if rangers, engis and necros just get out damaged hard and become useless,
this players should stop playing?

for example the ranger mechanic is sustain and win over time (feels like eles can do this already much better).
if condi professions just get killed really fast from a might stacked no need animations on some hard damage skills ele or mesmer they become useless, even with rabit or settler amulet, carrion is no option then.

so i agree, strenght rune feels to strong at the moment.
some professions deals verry much damage after this patch, maybe not only because this rune…

at least, i dont know why this forum speak about condi meta all the time, even the meta before this patch was not a condi only meta..

lets see what will be meta this time

Team Erotic Solitude Legends [ESL]
Spirit Ranger Yilvina Darnus
Bunker Guardian Morwenna Darnus

broken strength runes

in PvP

Posted by: Hype.8032

Hype.8032

Anyone mind sharing a thief build that gets uber strong with these runes? I sure don’t know any. If anything these runes are roughly on par with ogre for thieves so we didn’t get a buff from them. Balthazar engi’s and MM necros are far more toxic to this game than strength runes.

Tualek & F I Monk / Thief —-- Tk E / Engineer
Highest Solo Queue Rank Achieved: 40
Highest solo-join Team Queue Rank Achieved: 198

broken strength runes

in PvP

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Yeah I don’t see the deal with Strength Runes either.

They add a decent amount of DPS, but that’s it. We’ve had Scholar Runes since launch and no one had complained about them. They don’t really add anything else except DPS and that’s hardly game-breaking.

broken strength runes

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Yeah I don’t see the deal with Strength Runes either.

They add a decent amount of DPS, but that’s it. We’ve had Scholar Runes since launch and no one had complained about them. They don’t really add anything else except DPS and that’s hardly game-breaking.

The 6th bonus piece is a huge difference between the two. Scholar you have to maintain your health over 90%, which doesn’t happen to often. Strength, you just simply need one stack of might.

I personally don’t have a problem with them. In my view the only rune that needs fixing is Balthazar.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage