deleted

deleted

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Online u are truly an original! But no I like having options, its like a wiki, showcasing discussions and builds popular by the community.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

deleted

in PvP

Posted by: Lizzy.7561

Lizzy.7561

Jesus Christ…

deleted

in PvP

Posted by: Pepsi.8907

Pepsi.8907

Attachments:

deleted

in PvP

Posted by: online.1278

online.1278

Online u are truly an original! But no I like having options, its like a wiki, showcasing discussions and builds popular by the community.

hm.. ok

The Korean Gamer (Best Warrior NA)
My Stream : http://www.twitch.tv/eSportsKorea see me vs Tarcis, Chaith, Crysis and etc!

deleted

in PvP

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

If there wasn’t a metabattle there would just be popular forum post builds and everyone would still be running the same kitten, like before metabattle got popular.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

deleted

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

Honestly, I somewhat agree. Then again, nobody is forced to run these builds.

deleted

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

If there wasn’t a metabattle there would just be popular forum post builds and everyone would still be running the same kitten, like before metabattle got popular.

i believe gw1 days there was pvx.com or .wiki or something similar.

deleted

in PvP

online.1278

That is still ok. People who want tocome to this forum need to be also about people who want to learn something by communicating, i guess

And this kinda movement will make community atmosphere some kinda, you know, harmonious rather than blaming against dev.. -.-

My Stream : http://www.twitch.tv/eSportsKorea see me vs Tarcis, Chaith, Crysis and etc!

(edited by online.1278)

deleted

in PvP

Posted by: Nihevil.8024

Nihevil.8024

4/10 Bait

fajdfn adasfa dfadsfa

Elitism in Guild Wars 2. http://i.imgur.com/ZGnzBCI.gif

deleted

in PvP

Posted by: Brazzi.2045

Brazzi.2045

Imagine if there were no metabattle and ur queued vs 5 man premade with 5 pugs who’s using bow/rifle warriors, shortbow power rangers etc.

deleted

in PvP

online.1278

Imagine if there were no metabattle and ur queued vs 5 man premade with 5 pugs whos using bow/rifle warriors, shortbow power rangers etc.

i see no problem in theory like that. Becuz that is their level, and not only me but every people will have same agony. Thus it is still equalized.

deleted

in PvP

Posted by: Seyiwaji.4082

Seyiwaji.4082

Meta web is not the problem.
game designer are the problems

deleted

in PvP

online.1278

Meta web is not the problem.
game designer are the problems

Frankly you are right, yes.

But it is also result we see now is that, every people find working build so fast, every people abusing it, only balming devs thus makes dev like madly super hasty in making new patch and patch again. but unfortunately they sometimes makes patch that makes situation even worse becuz of hasty. And also, forum becomes like a place to make angry stuffs only, rather than becoming far away from harmonized good atmosphere forum.

I am still not sure of this. But i feel it. Just felt it -.-

deleted

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

A different website will just take its place, just like before and later when Metabattle becomes outdated something else will crop up.

Instead of limiting options, try and make a build to “crack the meta”. It’s how metas evolve anyway and has been done since the start.

deleted

in PvP

Posted by: TheOneWhoSighs.7513

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

I wonder when people will realize that the vast majority of GW2 PvPers don’t even come to the PvP forums.
And therefore, are not part of the minority of players endlessly ranting and raving about everything wrong with the game on the forums.

Meta battle is fine, and if you deleted it, I’d just replace it with something else myself.
Bring in some of those sweet advertising $$$.

Might not be a lot, but with server costs being so cheap now-a-days, I’m sure I’d bring in some net $.

“Unused Development Initiative. We care so much
about your feedback, that we don’t even read it.” ~ Crystal Suzuki

deleted

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I think this website is what kills the game by forcing people to play only metas (not really forcing but it could be like that way) and most importantly, it kills, “The build Diversity”. Don’t you think so?

If there wasn’t metabattle.com, many people wouldn’t have played current meta that much and abused it, thus anet would’nt get doomed like now, i guess. (or takes pretty longer time to be blamed which gives anet time to fix)

Meta builds is what ESL teams use… Metabattle is the place those builds are openly displayed… As long as ESL players have fanbois, then people will keep using “flavour of the month” builds until a team uses something different and still be successful with it. Then that will become until the process repeats.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

deleted

in PvP

Posted by: Leohart.4610

Leohart.4610

Remove meta builds altogether.

See what I did there?
/thread

deleted

in PvP

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

No. That site being removed would just prompt another similar site being used.

Metabattle is a great tool to point out broken builds.

The problem is how those problem builds are addressed, with mere skill and trait changes. You pick a broken build, determine some key skill that allows the build to be too much, and nerf it.
What did you get? You just ruined all other builds that were not broken that were using that part of the build, and the the exploiters merely switch to the next broken build.

That is a losing battle. That won’t work. You need to look at the very rules of the game, and create core mechanics that kick in before extreme cases to prevent them.

Someone finds some build with an insane DPS? System kicks in and caps the DPS. Someone finds a build that can have too many buffing effects up permanently? System kicks in, when the effects end or are removed there’s a brief respite before they can be re-applied. And so on.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

deleted

in PvP

Posted by: BadMed.3846

BadMed.3846

If there wasn’t metabattle.com, many people wouldn’t have played current meta that much and abused it, thus anet would’nt get doomed like now, i guess. (or takes pretty longer time to be blamed which gives anet time to fix)

You sound like someone who enjoys playing his own sub-optimal build and hates getting wrecked by the meta. The meta starts with what top league PvP players use. Then it starts getting popular. Metabattle allows for knowledge sharing. Do you have any sense of community and sharing? Talk some sense please.

deleted

in PvP

online.1278

alright then it sounds like you guys rather want to blame and claim everyday, every night and forever. I know Metabattle.com doesn’t need to be deleted, but we also know that abusing meta like that is the also the result right now becuz of too easy to be shared.

i just told one possible solution to prevent this kinda painful experience by reducing sharaing op build stuffs from more original way. It is not even my business tho haha

Actually this is designer’s fault. i know Metabattle.com has nothing to do with that tho. Well, we can blame, anyway.

deleted

in PvP

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

I think this website is what kills the game by forcing people to play only metas (not really forcing but it could be like that way) and most importantly, it kills, “The build Diversity”. Don’t you think so?

We see the result now is that, every people find working build so fast, every people abusing it, only balming devs thus makes dev like madly super hasty in making new patch and patch again. but unfortunately they sometimes makes patch that makes situation even worse becuz of hasty.

And also, forum becomes like a place to make mostly angry & hostile thread as a result of abusing those meta builds, rather than becoming far away from harmonized good atmosphere forum.

From Last year before HoT, dd cele ele… and then now, blaming on everything. And we probably gonna keep co tinuously blaming endlessly as long as Arenanet makes GW series.

If we just don’t share the builds that openly, there doesn’t need to be that much to blame as well. Or, can be fixed before too much OP-aspect got caught by dev.

If there are people who wants to how to war/ranger/engi and etc.. they can just come to forum and ask, making forum that harmonious atmosphere than ever by learning each other.

I am still not sure of this. But i feel it.
Just felt it -.-

You can’t stop people from creating their own wikis let alone stop them from having their own opinions, observing popular opinion, or acknowledging obvious optimization.

I find myself with great distaste concerning your idealization of enforced censorship.

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

deleted

in PvP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

See what I did there?
/thread

That would lead to more classes and builds on esports with a not so strong meta, would then be more based in players skills and less in class performance! it would be crazy can u imagine people QQ because they had to learn to play classes and button were less efective???

Sorry, i dont want to be blunt, but my opnion of gw2 pvp players compared with gw1(hat off like a sir to those) is a bit bad, got nothing against the gw2 players but class “performance / gameplay” is really awfull here.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

deleted

in PvP

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

alright then it sounds like you guys rather want to blame and claim everyday, every night and forever. I know Metabattle.com doesn’t need to be deleted, but we also know that abusing meta like that is the also the result right now becuz of too easy to be shared.

i just told one possible solution to prevent this kinda painful experience by reducing sharaing op build stuffs from more original way. It is not even my business tho haha

Actually this is designer’s fault. i know Metabattle.com has nothing to do with that tho. Well, we can blame, anyway.

I actually have a very serious question.

Can you name one competitive game (By competitive, I mean it has PvP period), that doesn’t have a meta?

Because I can’t.

Even Counter Strike has a meta game.

deleted

in PvP

Posted by: eyesrutherford.1357

eyesrutherford.1357

Lol so now meta battle is to blame? Haha well ok. I guess. But really meta battle just lists what is being used most in tournaments mainly. I miss the days before meta battle back when “Intothemists.com” was the thing to go to. It was less cancerous than meta battle. Instead of just listing builds that players used in tourneys as “meta”, it would have a build constructor for players and would let anyone submit their builds and players would actually like and comment the builds that work most effectively. That would put the builds that worked most effectively higher up the highest rated list. Which in turn had a lot more viable builds and not just everyone flocking to single builds.

~Zïpples~ ~Honey~ ~Lexisety~
~Tamiyo~ ~Lord Mockingbird~

deleted

in PvP

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

All metabattle is and ever was was a place for streamer fanboys to copy and paste their favorite streamer builds and call them meta.

deleted

in PvP

Posted by: Coelho Nat.4697

Coelho Nat.4697

As someone already stated: if metabattle is removed, another site will take place.
Also, metabattle is a very useful site, mainly for casual pvp player as me. I always can go there and check for builds I can test. After that, I can adapt the build. I can also always see some vids of how to play, what I am doing wrong, etc.

deleted

in PvP

Posted by: twojackson.5607

twojackson.5607

If Anet didnt cater PVP to coward kitten pve zergers that have no logical capacity beyond FOLLOW THAT GUY WITH THE ICON…then the meta wouldn’t even matter. You just have so many unskilled players that compete just because these builds allow them to be somewhat relevant.

I can’t complain yet because the game hasn’t gotten to the point where luck trumps skill. Despite the current meta, the more skilled opponents win. Period. If you have a problem with that, go talk to some feminists or something. Competition isn’t meant to be fair.

SHADOWJEDI — currently undefeated in over 100 official wager duels.

deleted

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

The cancer is the mechanics allow for the meta in the first place, not Metabattle itself.

deleted

in PvP

Posted by: Hannibal.5739

Hannibal.5739

@ twojackson

“Competition isn’t meant to be fair”
What the hell does that mean?

deleted

in PvP

Posted by: Harvey.7820

Harvey.7820

The problem isn’t Metabattle. If there were to exist a build that could kill everything with 1 button and no thinking players would eventually find out and use that build regardless of whether or not Metabattle existed. The problem is that this game is unbalanced the the Devs dont know how to fix that.

deleted

in PvP

SlayerSixx.5763

@ twojackson

“Competition isn’t meant to be fair”
What the hell does that mean?

I suppose he meant that during a competition, as long as its within the rules, anything goes. If you want to run a full zerk team and lose, don’t complain that your opponent brought too many bunkers when that’s obviously how the game was meant to be played.

deleted

in PvP

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

Umm bring a proper bug fix and balance patch maybe?

deleted

in PvP

Posted by: Leohart.4610

Leohart.4610

See what I did there?
/thread

That would lead to more classes and builds on esports with a not so strong meta, would then be more based in players skills and less in class performance! it would be crazy can u imagine people QQ because they had to learn to play classes and button were less efective???

Sorry, i dont want to be blunt, but my opnion of gw2 pvp players compared with gw1(hat off like a sir to those) is a bit bad, got nothing against the gw2 players but class “performance / gameplay” is really awfull here.

What the hell are you talking about?

I was mocking how naive the OP appears. Players go to MetaBattle, they pick up a new build, they join the meta-wagon. Deleting a site doesn’t stop players from looking for meta builds. There’s ESL events which displays builds prior to the game, there’s forums, there’s Reddit. Yes I am aware he thinks deleting it will help class forums discussions, but it’s inevitable.

It’s like the OP thought of the idea, hopped on the computer and cherry-picked all of his information while avoiding any logical thought about the situation. I don’t want to jump to conclusion but OP, your threads are so badly thought out, it’s not even funny. You come off as a troll.

God kitten it I got b8ed.

(edited by Leohart.4610)

deleted

in PvP

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

I am extremely happy metabattle exists. Without it I would never even be close to competitive in pvp. I am fairly skilled at actual gameplay (not one of the best though by any means) but I have literally no clue what I would do to make a build that is even close to viable. I wouldn’t know which traits are good, which weapons are good or which utility skills are good so I would end up deciding based on guesses, because I wouldn’t know any better even now. What metabattle does is allows me to use a build that is actually useful to myself and the team and allows me to be on a level playing field with the other people who use good meta builds.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

deleted

in PvP

Posted by: Aereniel.7356

Aereniel.7356

OP, I sympathize with your goal, but killing Metabattle will not promote build diversity, unfortunately. Data aggregate sites like Metabattle emerge as a response to the needs of the player base, and in order to bring about the kind of build diversity you (and many others) are looking for, changes need to be made to the game on a fundamental design level. Only then will player behavior change. Anything less than design-level changes and you are only touching the effect, not the cause, of build homogenization.

There are two main driving factors that contribute to the current homogenization of builds. The first is the increased competitive attitude in the player community brought about by the new league system, the second is the gradual streamlining of the build system through the removal of amulet gems and the recent traitline revamp. Combine the two and you have a community that identifies apex builds much faster and more accurately than before within a trait and amulet system that allows for much less diversity than before.

When talking about build diversity in tPvP we have to remember that GW2 is limited from the get-go by the conquest game type, which promotes certain archetypal builds. As long as our main competitive game type involves capture point contention, we are going to see builds that excel at standing on a node, as well as builds that try to counter bunkers through a combination of DPS, CC or mobility. In a way, we are already working within a limiting framework. Add to that a conscious design decision by Anet to streamline amulets and traits, probably justified by them trying to make their own job of balancing easier, and we end up with our current post-HoT setup that is a far cry from the original 30-30-10 trait system in terms of potential build diversity, not to even mention the vast complexity afforded by GW1.

My two cents? With ESL money and the league ladder, the competitive landscape will only become more severe. Competitive players want to win and will gravitate towards apex builds more aggressively than before. Playing troll builds for funzies is a thing of the past reserved for unranked and drunken Saturday night Twitch streams. This behavior will trickle down to regular-Joe ranked queues, as even nubsy-pubsy PvPers get sand in their privates for losing pips because of team mates running non-optimal builds. Build diversity will diminish as the stakes become higher. If Anet want build diversity (and this is a big if, because it’s not a given that they do), they have their work cut out on the PvP systems design side of things. My guess is that the player base and Anet will always disagree on the sweet spot of viable builds, with one side severely struggling to balance the existing situation and the other side always clamoring for more.

Been here since launch
Legend S1-S3 with 100% solo queue 100% conquest
Filthy casual, 6k sPvP games

deleted

in PvP

online.1278

OP, I sympathize with your goal, but killing Metabattle will not promote build diversity, unfortunately. Data aggregate sites like Metabattle emerge as a response to the needs of the player base, and in order to bring about the kind of build diversity you (and many others) are looking for, changes need to be made to the game on a fundamental design level. Only then will player behavior change. Anything less than design-level changes and you are only touching the effect, not the cause, of build homogenization.

There are two main driving factors that contribute to the current homogenization of builds. The first is the increased competitive attitude in the player community brought about by the new league system, the second is the gradual streamlining of the build system through the removal of amulet gems and the recent traitline revamp. Combine the two and you have a community that identifies apex builds much faster and more accurately than before within a trait and amulet system that allows for much less diversity than before.

When talking about build diversity in tPvP we have to remember that GW2 is limited from the get-go by the conquest game type, which promotes certain archetypal builds. As long as our main competitive game type involves capture point contention, we are going to see builds that excel at standing on a node, as well as builds that try to counter bunkers through a combination of DPS, CC or mobility. In a way, we are already working within a limiting framework. Add to that a conscious design decision by Anet to streamline amulets and traits, probably justified by them trying to make their own job of balancing easier, and we end up with our current post-HoT setup that is a far cry from the original 30-30-10 trait system in terms of potential build diversity, not to even mention the vast complexity afforded by GW1.

My two cents? With ESL money and the league ladder, the competitive landscape will only become more severe. Competitive players want to win and will gravitate towards apex builds more aggressively than before. Playing troll builds for funzies is a thing of the past reserved for unranked and drunken Saturday night Twitch streams. This behavior will trickle down to regular-Joe ranked queues, as even nubsy-pubsy PvPers get sand in their privates for losing pips because of team mates running non-optimal builds. Build diversity will diminish as the stakes become higher. If Anet want build diversity (and this is a big if, because it’s not a given that they do), they have their work cut out on the PvP systems design side of things. My guess is that the player base and Anet will always disagree on the sweet spot of viable builds, with one side severely struggling to balance the existing situation and the other side always clamoring for more.

Wow so long.. but thx, appreciated.

deleted

in PvP

online.1278

Let me provide my overall perspective on this game.

This is not actually Guildwars 2 to me, it more sounds like Buildwars 2. (sorry anet, but i had to say this)

This means, build determines more than 50%+ on his/her win. rest 50% depends on many other factors such as personal skills, rotation skills and etc…

Here is my point.
If we share the build that openly like right now, i am pretty sure that fundamental 50% win ratio for a person will be always exist, simply becuz it is build wars 2 that rely on its build too much rather than his own skills.

And you guys also blames dev for 50% win ratios basis here while sharing top-notch builds yourselves -.-… (like, https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/50-50-w-l-ratio/)

Again, i am not blaming metabuild.com for making people abuse highest top-notch builds, thus it should be deleted or whatever. Metabattle.com does fine and good, and is actually helpful, absolutely.

I am just providing one possible solution something like that, of course, i know everybody hate deleting it but i am just telling the one of many factors that could possibly affects this game’s state going bad, which is abusing. whether it is correct or not. But i can state any opinion Right? Just like every other people

Yeah, metabattle.com doesn’t need to be deleted but dev, the designer’s fault.

Let me change title of this thread, to “metabattle.com could be causing worst state”.

(edited by online.1278)

deleted

in PvP

SlayerSixx.5763

I am extremely happy metabattle exists. Without it I would never even be close to competitive in pvp. I am fairly skilled at actual gameplay (not one of the best though by any means) but I have literally no clue what I would do to make a build that is even close to viable. I wouldn’t know which traits are good, which weapons are good or which utility skills are good so I would end up deciding based on guesses, because I wouldn’t know any better even now. What metabattle does is allows me to use a build that is actually useful to myself and the team and allows me to be on a level playing field with the other people who use good meta builds.

You have no idea how traits, stats, and utilities synergize and you say you’re decent o.o……? Well I’ll be kitten ed, this is probably what the OP was talking about.

deleted

in PvP

Posted by: Death Aggro.9602

Death Aggro.9602

Yes , Yes you did.

Attachments:

deleted

in PvP

Posted by: Drayos.8759

Drayos.8759

tbh, im NGL the yelling of Game state, overpowered flaws and abused mechanics exist is every game not just Anet or guild Wars 2, Every games population screams chants and curses against this on every forum known to man, people act as if every other game is more balanced in gw2 which no it isnt, every game has FoTMs every game Breaks New releases and Every game Deletes random proffessions/classes/heroes/champions/gods from the meta on a daily bases.

the thing is, in Alot of the pvp games today, consist of MoBAs, which forces 5 different playstyles in every match, this prevents tanks or a specific role overtaking the Entire PvP Scenes, which makes it much more Noticable in a MMORPG, now ofcourse u have WoW who equally unbalance classes based on the current fotms, but they Do NOT try to turn this pvp scene into a MoBAs, arenas are 2v2s 3v3s and 5v5s, where everyone pro-claims 3v3s to be the balancing mark.

At the end of the day every month in WoW there is the New 3 Proffession combo in another league to every other, theres consist QQ on each class on each month for being the top, there are the same amount of classes ignored for entire expansions (Look at Spriests in MOP, Look at paladins from WoTLK – WoD).

a More Prompt reasoning to why flaming is common is Because, its TOO EASY TO FOTM REROLL.

at the end of the day at any point i can roll out a level 1 proffession take it into PvP and be auto levelled to 80 with Same stats etc etc as any other player and SPVP with it, in SPVP theres no physically progression in your character its ALL given to you, which means the Loyalty to ur Main proffession is Much much more fragile then any other game on the market.

Sadly, GW2 will be forever locked down into two ideas.

1) they’ll take this Platform away, add a vendor into the SPVPs and u’ll earn gold per kill etc etc and build ur proffession each game in PvP, thus meaning OP proffessions can be lcoked down earlier while weaker to stop them becoming as OP as they are in their full forms.

2) it’ll ignore this consistency, keep it exactly how it is and we’ll forever QQ on the fact of how OP specific things are because EVERYONE rerolls it with 0 Work put into it

the balance isnt the problem, the ease of rerolling in the SPVP world is Simply to easy. account wide Achieving is what mainly causes this, being able to swap ascended across to any of ur chars, all chars have the same MMR set by uyr total play not ur proffession play.

Sadly things become so much more drastically out of control cause we all just make level 1s of every proffession and Insta level them with tomes as we earn them through continously PvPing, We dont ever have to leave HoTM.

deleted

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Blaming an an encyclopedia of meta builds for the meta builds existing, haha. That’s a little bit off target, eh

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

deleted

in PvP

Posted by: geekanerd.4123

geekanerd.4123

Blaming metabattle for people abusing meta builds is kind of like blaming the ocean for hurricanes. But okay.

[DIE] – FA
“Is it uplevel ranger season yet?”

deleted

in PvP

Posted by: Sheobix.8796

Sheobix.8796

online is the best troll baiter forum person of 2015.

deleted

in PvP

Posted by: Abazigal.3679

Abazigal.3679

I get the point of the OP, but it’s like asking to remove all the internet since you could find builds anywhere actually..

It’s quite annoying that everyone is running the same build, but to me, the problem is more likely the build itself, and the lack of easy counterplay

deleted

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

everyone pull out your low orbit ion cannons.

Attachments:

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

deleted

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

Smart players won’t use metabattle.

Fun fact: Signet necro is better than any reaper build right now. It has better shutdown, safer pressure and doesn’t have much in way of predators as pressure builds aren’t very strong thanks to massive CC spamming. While reapers do have better team fighting it doesn’t matter because of strong AoE healing. Which is also why we cannot just nerf ele’s because everyone will be bowing down to the reaper overloads and see even LESS viable classes.

Fun Fact #2: Power ranger is really strong right now, the only viable pressure build in this meta thanks to thieves being pushed out because of CC and strong stability on certain specs. Pressure builds are great against bunkers as bunkers struggle to out sustain the flow of damage but because ArenaNet lacks a balance team is why the meta is just beyond ugly.

(edited by Nova Stiker.8396)

deleted

in PvP

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

It doesn’t kill build diversity. It speeds up realization of the lack thereof.

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

deleted

in PvP

Posted by: WhiteRabbit.6931

WhiteRabbit.6931

tbh, im NGL the yelling of Game state, overpowered flaws and abused mechanics exist is every game not just Anet or guild Wars 2, Every games population screams chants and curses against this on every forum known to man, people act as if every other game is more balanced in gw2 which no it isnt, every game has FoTMs every game Breaks New releases and Every game Deletes random proffessions/classes/heroes/champions/gods from the meta on a daily bases.

the thing is, in Alot of the pvp games today, consist of MoBAs, which forces 5 different playstyles in every match, this prevents tanks or a specific role overtaking the Entire PvP Scenes, which makes it much more Noticable in a MMORPG, now ofcourse u have WoW who equally unbalance classes based on the current fotms, but they Do NOT try to turn this pvp scene into a MoBAs, arenas are 2v2s 3v3s and 5v5s, where everyone pro-claims 3v3s to be the balancing mark.

At the end of the day every month in WoW there is the New 3 Proffession combo in another league to every other, theres consist QQ on each class on each month for being the top, there are the same amount of classes ignored for entire expansions (Look at Spriests in MOP, Look at paladins from WoTLK – WoD).

a More Prompt reasoning to why flaming is common is Because, its TOO EASY TO FOTM REROLL.

at the end of the day at any point i can roll out a level 1 proffession take it into PvP and be auto levelled to 80 with Same stats etc etc as any other player and SPVP with it, in SPVP theres no physically progression in your character its ALL given to you, which means the Loyalty to ur Main proffession is Much much more fragile then any other game on the market.

1) they’ll take this Platform away, add a vendor into the SPVPs and u’ll earn gold per kill etc etc and build ur proffession each game in PvP, thus meaning OP proffessions can be lcoked down earlier while weaker to stop them becoming as OP as they are in their full forms.

2) it’ll ignore this consistency, keep it exactly how it is and we’ll forever QQ on the fact of how OP specific things are because EVERYONE rerolls it with 0 Work put into it

the balance isnt the problem, the ease of rerolling in the SPVP world is Simply to easy. account wide Achieving is what mainly causes this, being able to swap ascended across to any of ur chars, all chars have the same MMR set by uyr total play not ur proffession play.

Sadly things become so much more drastically out of control cause we all just make level 1s of every proffession and Insta level them with tomes as we earn them through continously PvPing, We dont ever have to leave HoTM.

Aion is pretty balanced compared to GW2, and there others aswell… But full balance you never get in mmo, only in fps games…

deleted

in PvP

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

Aion is pretty balanced compared to GW2, and there others aswell… But full balance you never get in mmo, only in fps games…

“only in fps games”

Wow. Someone hasn’t played FPS games competitively.
Name one that didn’t/doesn’t have a meta game?

I’ll give you a hint.
A LOT rides on the 2nd round in Counter Strike.

And jesus… TF2… This game…
This game with crappy balance issues, and a competitive community that had to create special rules to even deal with the balance issues.

Is this the part where someone says Overwatch? A game that hasn’t even come out yet, and hasn’t had the time put into it to truly figure out the meta?

deleted

in PvP

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

I see what you mean Online, I have been thinking like that before too.

Though when there is a need of something there is mostly a solution to the problem, if metabattle.com didn’t exist another site would be used. The problem is not metabattle the problem is that there is too few viable “OP” options for the classes too use. At the moment there is not even counter builds to most of the metabuilds, in my opinion Anet needs to step up their game and start a major balance fix and remove all the auto-defencive traits and runes.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]