dragon hunters are not ok

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

DHs wouldn’t be much of an issue if class stacking didn’t exist.

Yes ture!
But in my eyes it is mostly the passiv crap. GW 2 has a active battle mechanic and so much passives which needs 0 Skill would fit into WoW but not here. Clear a Pro player who mastered his main would wreck all DH’s because most of them are bad. But there is no equal effort anymore. This class is a noobtrain.

There isn’t a class in the game that isn’t a “noobtrain” loaded down with passives. Anet should just nerf DH already so I can find out what the next OP SUPER NOOB OMG class is. Probably Warrior?

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: Asur.9178

Asur.9178

The problem is not their damage alone…the problem is their sustain ALONG with their damage.

This applies to multiple classes, not just DH.

in PvP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

The problem is not their damage alone…the problem is their sustain ALONG with their damage.

classes need those things since they are designed for pve.

do u imagine Anet do some slightly changes on a few class or the gameplay so the game gets way more decent in pvp? while they want the classes to look dumb and easy to play on pve?
nope they wont touch their precious pve

game was made with that objective.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in PvP

Posted by: Lunar Corporation.5720

Lunar Corporation.5720

If you dodge the judges intervention/trap combo you will probably win the fight. if you can’t time the dodge (which is purely intuitive with no sign of cast or anything) then you’re set on what ever invul skill you have. If both dodges and invul are on cooldown, you’re a done deal.

I have held point to two dh trap builds on mesmer with some extremely lucky dodges and the excess invul, blocks, etc. they weren’t medi so i could handle em X) but the class is really punishing when you don’t have that intuitive thought of “first thing they are going to do is their full dps combo.” consequently, many die instantly.

probably not a good mechanic tho.

Just call me Lunar

in PvP

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

DHs wouldn’t be much of an issue if class stacking didn’t exist.

Yes ture!
But in my eyes it is mostly the passiv crap. GW 2 has a active battle mechanic and so much passives which needs 0 Skill would fit into WoW but not here. Clear a Pro player who mastered his main would wreck all DH’s because most of them are bad. But there is no equal effort anymore. This class is a noobtrain.

There isn’t a class in the game that isn’t a “noobtrain” loaded down with passives. Anet should just nerf DH already so I can find out what the next OP SUPER NOOB OMG class is. Probably Warrior?

A lot of people fine warrior (berserker) is more noobtrain class than DH. DH isn’t bad if you dodge their traps. Most DH’s will Teleport to you (prob judges intervention) and drop a trap that will damage you when you leave the ring (can be dodged and cannot 1 shot most things), then pops either focus or shield 5 to force you out of the ring, spears you and pulls you back in….DH’s are kinda predictable. Berserkers are as well as you know they will try to headbutt asap, but due to the low CD of it, will try a lot faster than a DH dropping traps again. Major difference is that zerker will 1 shot you when the telegraphed headbutt hits, which is what makes this class for ez mode.

I will play this when I am bored in WvW and want easy kills. DH takes a bit more skill to get the kill…zerker not so much.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in PvP

Posted by: Nickzor.2453

Nickzor.2453

I’m not sure if high sustain to the level of druid and similar builds, is enough of a counter to be considered balanced. When you take into account the role, and how DH rotates it seems a bit to strong vs what it would push off point, or even chase down and kill.

This is not an issue in high end pvp because it’s actively played around and covered, but frankly creating a status quo where half the things people want to play are not supposed to engage, on such a short roaster, is why pvp balance sucks and is so exclusionary.

Spear of justice change made it a bit more fair for 1v1s but I don’t think it’s enough when you consider the meta of conquest.

So background information and context: If only HoT classes are viable across the board, I think we need to balance around them being in every build primarily. Even if core has to take a hit in PvP. (honestly elite specs just need to be made f2p at least in pvp at this point. I would also argue that elite specs should change the functionality of some core skills; possibly even nerfing them. But that’s a topic for another time.)

With that in mind I think the biggest issue still remaining is DH’s ability to chase. If you add more play there, it can still push roamers off point if need be, but with no added pressure of being shut down. It would also mean it suffers a bit more against the vertical axis, giving a little bit more leeway to what DH counters, thus evening the matchup.

With this in mind I suggest a change in how “Judges Intervention” functions. Either by giving it a cast time with an animation. Or changing the functionality to something like a stun projectile with a travel time, followed by a port.

“Symbol of Blades” could be changed to a standard leap, or given a cast time like the above, or have the symbol be a chained second part to the skill needing to be actively cast, with the blind being moved to the first pulse of the symbol that you actively need to drop.

High sustain isn’t what counters DH, which is why a power rev can still win that 1v1. DH’s traps are only a real problem if they can drag you through them on repeat. The reason that Druid counters them is they they can reliably avoid their CC and have projectile denial, same with Scrapper, Rev’s can absorb the DH’s burst and out evade their CC and projectiles. Dh’s are incredibly relient on a small amount of skills being landed in order to force combos. There is a reason that very few DHs run more then test of faith and their heal trap. They lose a lot of sustain for a very weak increase in damage since well… you just avoid their control skills and dont stand on them…..

It comes down to an issue of class stacking and a lack of understanding of how DHs get kills. I main condi mes which means DH hard counters me…. yet the amount of DHs I see as an actual threat are few and far between. DH is a very low skill floor class and as a result people equate that to OP, but to actually make it work against people who understand the class you need to play a large amount of min d games, bait enemy CDs and save your own for as long as humanly possible….. Simply put… STOP SUICIDE BOMBING THEM and learn to count CDs…

in PvP

Posted by: Nickzor.2453

Nickzor.2453

…wut sustain….? Dh is paper hiding behind CDs….. They melt under focus fire and are fodder if you play defensively until you force them to burn their CDs. I know L2P gets tossed around a lot…. but DHs have been hanging by a thread in the pro scene since day 1. They are no joke countered by dodging key skills along with half the actual meta………. and if they trap bomb you with judges intervention….. Unless they run dragons maw which is an ongoing joke….. you should be able to disengage, heal and still get the kill. If they run DM….. well they might kill you but a DH without their elite Mediation is like a walking shoot me sign…. second you notice them maw up tell your team…. they are pretty much a free kill….