experience from spvp, why not?

in PvP

Posted by: dejay.2598

dejay.2598

You get exp from wvw, why not spvp? make it however slow you like, but I have zero incentive to go grind to max level + gear up just to wvw or experience end game. The story is boring and tedious. Plus it might get some pve guys over to the mists to level their alts since they have already experienced the storyline.

maybe even give tokens for pve gear that is beginner level at max level so it doesn’t effect the die-hard pve’rs (cause they will cry) and make it however slow you like, as long as it is there

in PvP

Posted by: Michael.3279

Michael.3279

I SECOND THIS!!!

Please please PLEASE make this happen Anet!

I have one character at level 80. I cannot bring myself to level up a second toon via PvE/WvW. It’s so flipping BORING.
From the beginning Anet has said we should be able to level up doing what we ENJOY… Well I enjoy sPvP, but I feel like I’m wasting my time there because I get no XP!!!
I would LOVE to level up my toons via sPvP and eventually be able to use them in WvW at max level.

Consider this Anet. It’s an easy thing to implement I’m sure. I’m baffled why this hasn’t already happened.

in PvP

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Or atleast monetary rewards. It sucks to know that while I’m PvPing and recieving little reward I’m falling behind on the things I wanted to get in PvE. Why not win gold in tournaments?

in PvP

Posted by: Rerroll.9083

Rerroll.9083

please, give some incentive to pvp…

Up Rerroll

in PvP

Michael.3279

Money and XP from sPvP.
Even at half the rate of PvE/WvW endeavors.
I’m now dedicated to keeping this thread alive.
This is important Anet… Pay attention.

in PvP

Posted by: WillisRage.1073

WillisRage.1073

I want XP from sPvP as well.

I like to play both PvP and PvE – so it would be nice to make progress in my actual level in all facets of the game.

Sure I can play WvW to have a form of PvP and gain levels but a lot of times when I actually have time to play the game – my server WvW population is too low to have fun.

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Minimal-impact-incentive-strategy/first#post1611273

I put this out there last week. Put your support on it if you think it’s viable.

in PvP

Posted by: Prana.8690

Prana.8690

I support this thread (and Valkyriez).

in PvP

Posted by: Titian Vecelli.2584

Titian Vecelli.2584

Oh man, XP and gold from sPvP would be so great. There are only so many armor and weapon skins I want to get and once those are obtained what do we have to look forward too?

in PvP

Posted by: VeddeV.2146

VeddeV.2146

i’ve been spreading the word of expereince in pvp lately, and I agree, other mmos go as far to having gear and xp in their spvp. My thoughs on this have been that it should be roughly a quarter of bar xp per battle completed, you would have to earn a certain score ( to prevent afk abuse). I think it should ecourage early level pvp as well. I find this games spvp to be extremely addictive and would love more rewards to it.

in PvP

Valkyriez.6578

If experience ever does come into sPvP, it should only be for a tournament game or even only a win.

in PvP

Posted by: Belldandy.7284

Belldandy.7284

I really like this thread!. Ever since I started to play sPvP I can’t get rid of it and I can’t also farm enough golds because of PvP. I hope Anet would implement this feature for future patch!..=)

- Eri Veronica

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Zinwrath.2049

Zinwrath.2049

might as well…..or the option to replace the glory gain with exp gain, lets be honest glory is pointless and stupid.

in PvP

Posted by: Marxist Breakfast.9613

Marxist Breakfast.9613

+1. I’ve been playing for a few weeks, mainly PvP. I’d love to get into WvW, but I’m not too interested in grinding PvE to level 80.

I don’t really care about getting rare PvE rewards while playing PvP, just enough XP/coin to eventually be able to try other parts of the game (and not be completely left behind by friends who prefer PvE).

Sorrow’s Furnace | Taoist Breakfast (Ele) | Marxist Breakfast (Engi)

in PvP

Posted by: Jewel.1457

Jewel.1457

I really really want this as well. I have tried to level a new alt recently, I can barely stomach PvE but going into wvw is rather painful as a lower lvl character.

Don’t know if it would even need gold involved as I would just be happy with experience

Gamey Blog: Healing the Masses - with the soul of thine enemy
Eriena of JQ-warrior forever

in PvP

Posted by: mbh.8301

mbh.8301

What about all the pvping that we’ve already done? Would they retroactively grant us experience / gold based on our matches / glory earned per character? That’s kindof where I see this issue going next – were it ever approved.

[quote=1567239;Lexie.5894:] My PVP experience is very consistent. I run around,
I fight people, sometimes they kill me, sometimes I kill them. Fun is had by all. [/quote]

in PvP

Posted by: JoakimFA.4713

JoakimFA.4713

I absolutely agree with this. Not just with exp, but it would be nice to see maybe a small amount of money being awarded for tPvP 1st place winners. Not only will it allow PvE players to try out PvP, but it creates a huge incentive (the most important thing in entertaining consumers) to continue playing.

Yoshioka [YUI] | Sea of Sorrows | Human Warrior. And a good looking one at that.
My Longbow tPvP Guide: http://tinyurl.com/Longbow-tPvP (out of date)

in PvP

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

XP yes. Money limited to tournament wins but even then….. The problem is it messes with the economy too much. How much should an hour of Spvp net you? It would have to be a miniscule amount because the fact is we farm dungeons for cash and take a risk in terms of cash to do it ie repair bills, food, new gear, etc.

The other issue is the incentives would have to work both ways. Even though the spvp pop is much smaller than the WvW there would have to be some incentive passed the other way. Honestly armor skins would likely be enough.

Now don’t get me wrong I agree with this. Leveling can be done with crafting alone (thus meaning a character doesn’t necessarily have to leave a major city past the opening event ie their not in the environment) and after you level one toon very few people actually feel like revising old content. So I don’t think there is a good argument against getting EXP. That being said the old paid tourney was technically money in money out. The money has to go in too or risk the economy and screw over PvE players who watch prices skyrocket again.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in PvP

Posted by: hharry.1967

hharry.1967

Gold for sPvP, dyes rng aint profit enough.

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

The problem as “TheGuy” Pointed out is there are no gold sinks in pvp, if they add a gold creation machine they’d also have to add gold sinks and I’m not sure I like that idea at all.

I think the only way they could add gold incentives would be to create a system much lie the tournament ticket system, where no new tickets are created you just take the loser’s tickets i.e Bets on matches.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Posted by: Soryuju.8164

Soryuju.8164

I’d agree about skipping on gold as a reward, simply to avoid inflating the game’s economy further, but I’d definitely enjoy seeing EXP, Guild Influence, and maybe even Karma as possible PvP rewards. Right now, if you want to play both game modes, you have to accept that any time you spend in PvP is time lost on character progression, and that’s definitely a discouraging factor when there’s so much grind required for things like Ascended gear or Legendaries. It’ll be extremely difficult to fully integrate the PvE and PvP crowds if there aren’t any shared incentives between the game modes, and this doesn’t seem like a terribly difficult thing to work in.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

make it so that completing daily monthly PvP gives

“experience jugs”
drinking it, increases experience bar by same amount as completing 5/5 PvE daily.

in PvP

Michael.3279

The problem as “TheGuy” Pointed out is there are no gold sinks in pvp, if they add a gold creation machine they’d also have to add gold sinks and I’m not sure I like that idea at all.

I think the only way they could add gold incentives would be to create a system much lie the tournament ticket system, where no new tickets are created you just take the loser’s tickets i.e Bets on matches.

It’s easy enough to set the gold return rate much lower than that of PvE thus eliminating the need for a sink. Nobody wants to get rich in sPvP, we just want it to be worth SOMETHING outside of sPvP isolation.

in PvP

Michael.3279

There are 3 threads on this issue right now (on first page).
I worry that the focus is divided.

Dejay, Valkyriez, and Deimos Tel Arin should get together and better pool their efforts.

in PvP

Posted by: dejay.2598

dejay.2598

There are 3 threads on this issue right now (on first page).
I worry that the focus is divided.

Dejay, Valkyriez, and Deimos Tel Arin should get together and better pool their efforts.

true it is in the thread but this is quick and to the point, you have to read through a wall of text to get to that part. he might have other good points, and to be honest there are hundreds of unused good ideas from these forums since release(and even beta) they haven’t used so maybe it’s just wasted effort either way

best we can get is “we’re listening!” and 5 months later not a single thing has changed

in PvP

Valkyriez.6578

Admittedly, it was a wall of text

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

gives us “tomes of experience” for completing the sPvP dailies and monthlies!

i.e. each “tome of experience” increases the PvE / WvW experience bar by
5% experience toward next level

which is the same as completing a single PvE dailies.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Daily

not asking for too much now eh?