extra 30% stats in pvp jewel

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

please, please, let us choose pvp jewels for the extra 30% stats.

discuss!

in PvP

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

I honestly do not see why this should happen?

It is customary to START the discussion.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

okay, why this should happen, because.

1. all stats will be increased by 30%
2. extra 700 stats will be removed from our traits line.
3. pvp jewels does not, will not, ever, confuse players.
4. players likes, wishes, WANTS, NEEDS to mix and match their stats.
5. more customization is always good

okay, discuss!

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I honestly do not see why this should happen?

It is customary to START the discussion.

It should happen because previously and in EVERY other mode of the game, you have some flexibility with your stats. Now that all trait stats are moving to the amulet, we will be forced into very harshly structured stat formations, which won’t work well for certain classes with low base HP pools, and in some cases, low armor classes that wish to slightly boost their toughness ever so slightly.

Essentially, there’s no reason not to, but there are plenty of reasons why you would want this. Being so forced into a single set of 3 stats will only further push people into Celestial (for hybrid), zerker for power and Carrion/rabid for conditions, and everything else will fall short because they can’t make up stats anywhere else.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

The same stats means an easier game to balance, which ultimately is best for everyone.

Sorry :/

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

The same stats means an easier game to balance, which ultimately is best for everyone.

Except, they’ve already done that by super-restricting the builds (which is fine). The stat streamlining wasn’t necessary and literally kills much of the use of most of the already unpopular amulets. 30% stat freedom (still restricted by nomenclature groups) is still more statistical limitation than we had with the previous system and is only a small fraction of the freedom given in WvW.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Phaeton.9582

What builds do you think it will kill btw?

Unpopular amulets never made any sense to run as far as I encountered.. are there any exceptions?

Phaatonn, London UK

(edited by Phaeton.9582)

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

boring.

everyone would run most effective amulets and the rest will gather dust.

not fun.

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Sorry, but that statement is FALSE and the reasoning for it isn’t valid. I really hate seeing people spout it off.

When you have the extremes defined (which we do), then nothing can be more powerful than an extreme because it falls between them. If you see builds arise which are too good, they’re not too good because of the stat allocation system; they’re too good because of existing abilities. The problem you’ve created is that you have more viable builds which need balanced. That’s a good problem to have.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

It would reintroduce problem as stats from trait-lines that they literally just changed. I would rather them introduce more amulets into pvp than do this. We have just over half the stats combos available in pvp.

in PvP

Phaeton.9582

Sorry, but that statement is FALSE and the reasoning for it isn’t valid. I really hate seeing people spout it off.

When you have the extremes defined (which we do), then nothing can be more powerful than an extreme because it falls between them. If you see builds arise which are too good, they’re not too good because of the stat allocation system; they’re too good because of existing abilities. The problem you’ve created is that you have more viable builds which need balanced. That’s a good problem to have.

You see extremes, I see roles.

Multiple roles, and/or multiple trait lines to achieve them would be a huge step forward for the competitive game.

I would provide a full argument , but the list is too long and I have work

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

the problem with just removing trait stats and increasing amulet stats by 30% is that classes with low health get the short end of the stick again. try running a 11k cleric staff ele or even a 13k hp bunker shout guard.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

cele, cele everywhere

in PvP

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

Also, now condi and boon durations would disappear if they just go with the stat boost on amulets so jewels or something should be added, i agree.

Also add more stat combos to pvp plz.

in PvP

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

Lack of ability to customize gear like it is in pve was one of the reasons why cele became a thing and made it into meta. Nobody will play with zerk amulet either as thief/mes/guard will eat them alive.

obey me

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

also, severe lack of stats customization is what caused a lot of PvE / WvW players to not play sPvP.

in PvP

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

This guy gets it. Heck I think they should take it one step further and make everyone the same class with the exact same build. Then we can finally have a balanced game. Wouldn’t that be fun?

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in PvP

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

This guy gets it. Heck I think they should take it one step further and make everyone the same class with the exact same build. Then we can finally have a balanced game. Wouldn’t that be fun?

New class for pvp gamemode olny; Savage

Skill 1; Poke with a stick
Skill 2; Throw a stone for a stun
Skill 3; Throw poisoned blackberries
Skill 4; Roar to confuse enemies
Skill 5; Take off your briefs to fear enemies around you
Skill 6; Eat a kiwi to heal yourself

Me want me want!

obey me

in PvP

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

boring.

everyone would run most effective amulets and the rest will gather dust.

not fun.

Or you know, they could balance the amulets and try to give incentive to use them… Like they seem to be doing with Healing Power…

You are trying to patch a problem instead of fixing the root…

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

The developers can’t use that excuse to make their jobs too easy. Build diversity cannot be thrown over for “easy balance” – that’s just lazy.

in PvP

Puck.9612

New class for pvp gamemode olny; Savage

Skill 1; Poke with a stick
Skill 2; Throw a stone for a stun
Skill 3; Throw poisoned blackberries
Skill 4; Roar to confuse enemies
Skill 5; Take off your briefs to fear enemies around you
Skill 6; Eat a kiwi to heal yourself

Me want me want!

Elite skill- hurl feces to taunt and blind your enemy.

in PvP

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

The developers can’t use that excuse to make their jobs too easy. Build diversity cannot be thrown over for “easy balance” – that’s just lazy.

I would rather have good balance over diversity. Doesn’t matter if you think the devs are lazy/understaffed/bad at their job/confused/high as balls or whatever the reason may be. Because fact remains that we see meaningful balance updates very rarely, and if the devs feel that they need less diversity in stat spreads to balance things easier I will whole-heartedly support that.

in PvP

Puck.9612

I would rather have good balance over diversity. Doesn’t matter if you think the devs are lazy/understaffed/bad at their job/confused/high as balls or whatever the reason may be. Because fact remains that we see meaningful balance updates very rarely, and if the devs feel that they need less diversity in stat spreads to balance things easier I will whole-heartedly support that.

You should check out this game called “Pong”, sounds like it would be prefect for you.

in PvP

Posted by: Elegant Avenger.8042

Elegant Avenger.8042

This is a great idea. They don’t even have to come up with new jewels. They can literally just use the old ones from before.

Just make a corresponding jewel for each amulet currently in existence, and distribute the 700 stats in a balanced manner. That way people will be able to customize their stats slightly more.

If they do not choose to do this, eventually they’re going to have to add a ton of amulets with different stat distributions. This was already mentioned, but making a clerics build (amongst other amulets) on a low hp class will be nearly impossible because 11k hp just isn’t enough.

in PvP

bhagwad.4281

The developers are welcome to make the game boring just so that their job becomes easier. Low build diversity = boring.

in PvP

Aktium.9506

The developers are welcome to make the game boring just so that their job becomes easier. Low build diversity = boring.

Bad class balance causes people to bandwagon onto said imbalanced classes/speccs en masse which kills diversity far more proficiently than any amount of streamlining of stats can ever hope to accomplish. Less diversity in stats is by far the lesser of two evils.

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I would like to be able to khm…using WoW terminology (don’t kill me!)…reforge a bit of one stat into another i.e. :

Take Rabid Amulet, reduce precision gain by 200 and get 200 vitality in exchange.

But as mentioned, the point of standarizing stats was to make it easier to balance. Was it achieved, it’s another discussion.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Can I get a boon duration jewel please?

in PvP

bhagwad.4281

Bad class balance causes people to bandwagon onto said imbalanced classes/speccs en masse which kills diversity far more proficiently than any amount of streamlining of stats can ever hope to accomplish. Less diversity in stats is by far the lesser of two evils.

Hence the importance of frequent updates and paying attention to what you’re doing, the importance of admitting mistakes, and spending time listening to community feedback.

Sorry, but there are no shortcuts here. All of the above needs to be done, and it’s just poor form to reduce a lot of build diversity to have “easy balance”.

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Hence the importance of frequent updates and paying attention to what you’re doing, the importance of admitting mistakes, and spending time listening to community feedback.

Sorry, but there are no shortcuts here. All of the above needs to be done, and it’s just poor form to reduce a lot of build diversity to have “easy balance”.

Even if all of the above is done, if the game’s systems do not allow for easy balancing, then any “smart choice” and any “feedback taken” will bring in plenty of negative, unpredictable secondary effects. That leads to more testing time, less frequent patches, and sometimes many of those “good solutions” just end up being scrapped because they just don’t work.

“Easier balancing” does not means that anet wants to be lazier or work less. It means that all of their balancing work is going to be more effective. It means that all of their internally proposed solutions are going to have a higher chance to suceed.

in PvP

Aktium.9506

The things you are asking for are quite frankly very unlikely to happen. What is however a likely accident is that they split amulet stats in half after listening to the community and thus may accidentally cause the birth of a too strong build for a class that they won’t bother to fix or shave until 6 months after people realized said build was indeed problematic.

Besides, they couldn’t reduce build diversity in PvP any more than it already is. Even if they locked you into 3 builds per class by only giving you the option to click a single square that said [Build 1], [Build 2], [Build 3] for every class, with say, 1 support build, 1 damage dealer build, 1 control build and it would be an improvement as far as diversity is concerned from the current “build diversity” we have.

in PvP

Phaeton.9582

Guys I’m not advocating less viable build diversity.

Viable high tier build diversity =/= the unique customisation you guys are talking about here though

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Guys I’m not advocating less viable build diversity.

Viable high tier build diversity =/= the unique customisation you guys are talking about here though

restricting the stats means less build diversity.

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

How would you achieve such diversity? Do you just balance everything around Marauder or Celestial amulet?

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Phaeton.9582

How would you achieve such diversity? Do you just balance everything around Marauder or Celestial amulet?

Ok take engi in the update. Clearly a lot of love has gone into it this balance pass (which is no bad thing; if only other classes got as interesting changes).

As chaith was saying last night, there are so many viable build options for it now. This has come about through a multitude of intresting trait lines built for PvP, coupled with utilities/weapons which complement different amulets and traits (differently!) and don’t suck.

Customising stats doesn’t help achieve this on other classes. All traits/weapons/skills need to be brought out of obscurity on other classes, and just achieving this would be way more intresting than PvE stat customisation.

Also on several classes rabid, carrion, berserker, and even clerics aren’t off the table with this balance pass.

Phaatonn, London UK

(edited by Phaeton.9582)

in PvP

Posted by: Forgotten Legend.9281

Forgotten Legend.9281

splitting the amulet into two pieces for stats would only make sense with a 50/50 split. give 600/450/450 on each piece, and allow mixing and matching of any stat combo available to PvP. and yes, even 280/each on cele halves.

– The Baconnaire