how do eles pull it off?

how do eles pull it off?

in PvP

Posted by: trunks.5249

trunks.5249

i pvped this Elementalist that me or anyone else could not kill we were fighting over home. i put out enough damage that would have killed most 10x over. hell i even said to myself ok just walk away for a few sec and wait for what ever she was useing to run out. nope that didnt work it was nuts at least with warriors i could wait out their skill then take them down but this elementalist seemed to have infinite codi resistance. wasn’t mad we lost the match i was impressed. very effective build for holding point. what ever she was she seemed immortal. that fights going to stick with me just wow…who ever you are if you read this well done and fantastic fight

master jedi david

(edited by trunks.5249)

how do eles pull it off?

in PvP

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

There are a few key skills on eles you need to interrupt such as water OL, or “Wash the Pain Away!”. Otherwise, they’ll just keep healing away all of your damage.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

how do eles pull it off?

in PvP

Posted by: trunks.5249

trunks.5249

There are a few key skills on eles you need to interrupt such as water OL, or “Wash the Pain Away!”. Otherwise, they’ll just keep healing away all of your damage.

so a well timed spike trap or a daze would work? ill have to watch one and just see how their rotation goes. i must of waited a few sec at the wrong time and just helped her

master jedi david

how do eles pull it off?

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

you cant kill support ele 1v1 with anything, dont fight them on a captured node ever on such conditions

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

how do eles pull it off?

in PvP

Yannir.4132

so a well timed spike trap or a daze would work? ill have to watch one and just see how their rotation goes. i must of waited a few sec at the wrong time and just helped her

They might but keep in mind that they will try to cover that healing with Stability, Arcane Shield or LoS so a single CC will probably get you nowhere. Dropping good eles is mainly a job for a thief, as they can headshot-spam and peel defenses.

All classes lvl 80.

how do eles pull it off?

in PvP

Posted by: Emtiarbi.3281

Emtiarbi.3281

you cant kill support ele 1v1 with anything, dont fight them on a captured node ever on such conditions

Of course you can, if you know the Elementalist you can kill them

Anredhal Amethyst – Lain Amethyst – Orss Jerre

how do eles pull it off?

in PvP

Posted by: REGGADO.1237

REGGADO.1237

You can force decap or take down any ele pretty fast, best for that is condi warrior. Its counter to eles is huge cc and condi bombing.

how do eles pull it off?

in PvP

Yannir.4132

You can force decap or take down any ele pretty fast, best for that is condi warrior. Its counter to eles is huge cc and condi bombing.

Coincidentally that also works on druids. Unfortunately I suck at playing warrior.

All classes lvl 80.

how do eles pull it off?

in PvP

Posted by: Sooloo.1364

Sooloo.1364

Boon corruption from reapers works pretty well on eles, theres a trait that converts boons to condis as well. They aren’t so hard when they basically kill themselves.

how do eles pull it off?

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

Interrupts are the best thing against Eles. Don’t waste them on just any skill. Save them for when they’re going to heal. Overload Water goes on full CD when interrupted, even if it was only cast for a split second. “Wash the Pain Away” also goes on full CD. These are the top skills to interrupt. They heal for the most and they’re both AoE. If you manage to interrupt those, they’ll have to use other CDs, and after those, they’ll have to escape. Other important skills to interrupt is Earth Overload, which requires either a Thief Steal or boon corruption in order to get through the stability. Actually, all Overloads are good to interrupt, but the most defensive ones are the best. Overload Air can be seen as defensive because, when traited, it gives Lightning Aura to the Ele, which can stun and possibly give them enough time to heal or escape.

Heavy condition pressure can burn down an Ele after a while. They only have so many cleanses. Once those are gone, condition pressure is as much of a nightmare for them as it is for anyone else.

However, any good player knows what to dodge to reduce pressure on them. Basically, you need to use up their defences. This’ll force them to kite/LoS you, and it should allow you to win a point or at least decap it.

If you’re still having trouble, try outrotating them. They aren’t terribly fast moving and support D/F Eles only have overloads and blasting a lightning field for swiftness. They’re most useful in team fights, so if you’re dueling one, don’t worry about killing them. Keeping them out of team fights is a win, unless you’re team sucks and can’t kill players who have no support, or if your team itself has no support specs.

To beat a support Ele team:

- Well timed interrupts on their important heals and Overloads.
- Heavy pressure, especially conditions in order to force CDs and push them away from their teammates.
- Outrotate them.
- Try to put them into fights they don’t want to be in (duels and any fight without teammates).

Good Eles who know what to avoid and save their most important heals for when it’s the most difficult to interrupt are almost impossible to kill with a poor team. Running professions with frequent interrupts the most nightmarish thing for them. Thieves, Mesmers, Warriors and Necros are the greatest professions to maintain pressure and interrupts, and sometimes condition pressure as well. Guardians used to be one of the best against Eles, but now traps don’t daze, so they only have the shield knockback and the F1 pull, as well as Dragon’s Maw, but nobody runs that unless they want to die quickly.

how do eles pull it off?

in PvP

Posted by: Somehow.4769

Somehow.4769

Necros kitten on elems.

how do eles pull it off?

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Like you said, “seems to have infinite condi resistance”… You will never beat an Ele alone if you’re playing condi.

You’re gunna need a power build to take down an Ele 1v1 and with that power build you will need atleast 1 disrupt for when they channel water overload. They die pretty quick unless it’s a foefire mid point kite kitten.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

how do eles pull it off?

in PvP

Posted by: Shadowstep.6049

Shadowstep.6049

i can kill them on a thief, plenty of interrupts which punish eles for casting anything, steal can rip earth overload so yeah~

(edited by Shadowstep.6049)

how do eles pull it off?

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Any thief that isn’t a cretin should be able to take it down with pulmonary impact and interrupt spam.

Condi war destroys eles due to spammable cc and good condition spam

Necro takes a massive dump on ele on most builds due to chill spam which wrecks all ele builds.

There’s also plenty of builds that won’t die to the ele at all and even just keeping an ele in a 1v1 is a win for you as they can’t support the team.

As for the OP, what are you using?

how do eles pull it off?

in PvP

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

As for the OP, what are you using?

You don’t want to know what he runs lol.

how do eles pull it off?

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

its very hard to bring ele down in 1:1 for some classes. As already mentiond interrupt water OL or the healing skill. Also if you play condi and they are build full shouts with double cleanse you get a hard time. Especially as DH. Burn DH can´t win (or the ele is bad) a anti condi ele match. The most cruel oponent for ele is a necromancer (corrupt and condi bomb) in a teamfight. If that one is not focused down it can totaly ruin ele´s day. Warrior is also very hard for ele. Ele can´t reasonable kill it and will slowly loose ground.