how to beat the abjured

how to beat the abjured

in PvP

Posted by: Siric.3589

Siric.3589

Teams who run engis and longbow warriors into RIP kitten themselves hard.

Running a necro into lb war + celestial engi necro is what gives them their edge as not only can the necro stall points with its insane health pool, but it also actively counters 1/2 of most teams.

They run the best sustain comp possible and are really kitten good at it. You will only beat them with a well played mirror match up or with a comp that can out kill them.

That means old school team fight high dps comp with mobility utility, focus on collapsing hard and holding 2. Let the kills you get off of their far pushes make up for the points.

Best comp to do this IMO would be:

D/D Ele, DPS Guardian, Anti-Condi Necro, Shatter Mesmer, D/P Thief.

D/D Ele is for support, stomps, and might in the bigger team fights. It’s sustain means you can also leave it out to dry a bit if you have to over commit home.

DPS Guardian + Mesmer fill in each others weaknesses pretty well. Mesmer provides boon strips and mobility. DPS Guard has condi removal, stomps, and counters thief for the mesmer.

Anti-Condi necro provides a 5g counter, provides condi removal for the mesmer and boon strips for the guardian.

D/P Thief just +1s fights and provides a small amount of boon strip for the dps guardian.

[LR] Siric

how to beat the abjured

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

2 medi guard and 3 ranger should be the new meta according to you.

except that you wont be able to hold a point for 10 seconds.

Not every game is about having a bunker, its about owning people and finishing them.
That’s why theres 2 medi guards because they the in your face players. And yes they are perfectly capable of holding nodes.

Thinking about abjured comp, they probably do a lot of condi’s and ya know what, medi guards eat condi’s, all it does is make them meaner.

You don’t REALLY need to be able to hold a point if you just kill people fast enough and this does fit into my idea that a perfectly played zerker comp would be the best theoretical comp. However, it is only that, theoretical. There aren’t players at the moment who can pull it off. To illustrate this we could ask what 3 power rangers would you put on that team?

You right but rarely works against good players, and most of times there’s some urgency to hold the node, cant always give it up to win the fight.
Raplion and you are power rangers, kirito plays ranger too I think, oh and you got mila storm, (acandis?, Joshua z?). I play both power and medi because every other class not that great. Stunningstyles can play medi, and I’d say davinci, but he’s turned thief is what it looks like. You’ll have harder time finding a medi guardian, nobody plays that anymore, and its totally underrated.
Why on earth do you go from guard to thief, guardian too good, stupid to go thief, theres enough good thief players around, that they don’t get used up because thief isnt really a must have, its just nice, but other classes can do same and better like a medi guard.

Not like thief is back in the old days, pop on an ele tick tick, ele drops dead. If that was the case, I bet caed would be enjoying fighting the abjured ele’s, but noooooope.

If anet developers do anything, I’d like to see the return of the 100b. The return of the 100b would totally wrekt the abjured comp, no questions asked.

However anet, prefers AI and pew pew. Hence you need them power rangers. Medi guard is too underated, anet doesn’t know how good they are right now.

Also, the return of Automated Response 100%. Bring back sumo engies. This game really does need more variety, kinda sad that I can play only 2 things and pretty much dominate. Needs more variety.

Don’t listen to guy below me, trying to do a thief vs thief battle does nothing. You gotta look at the big picture, if your thief wins, can he beat the ele and engy?
Like I said, thief isn’t what it use to be. Go with a medi guard instead of a thief.

Already told you how easy it is to own thieves with medi guard. Plus medi guard can damage control and stomp, and give team some healing and dps and block an attack.
Thief, just kills another thief and decaps the far node, pretty much it, worthless. Play as a team to win, not as indidualist, aka using a thief to go solo the map while the rest of your team plays as a team. You need everyone playing as a team.

What you do is like on forest. Send me do guard far at start power home rest mid. Me do guard far owns toker on the beach if he’s crossing. If not rush and teleport on a teammate of theres to slow him down and make him annoyed. Proceed to far node and fight 1v2 or 1v1. Point is to disrupt there rotation and win mid. Obviously other me do tanks mid and power ranger home moves to support mid. After that guy far should die and have him watch home. Play home and mid rest of game. Go far to decap only but never to fight. Stay teamed you counter them they outta rptation and you win. Toker useless in big team fight. All you do is let ae from medi own him. And burst him pew pew when you see him. Hes gonna be the reason your team rallies from winning downed game.

(edited by uberkingkong.8041)

how to beat the abjured

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

You don’t REALLY need to be able to hold a point if you just kill people fast enough and this does fit into my idea that a perfectly played zerker comp would be the best theoretical comp. However, it is only that, theoretical.

Well-played zerker has beat them in the past, even if for just part of the game. The problem with a zerker comp, is that the bruiser comp can snowball them just as hard. Further as they get snowballed, and its harder to come back from it when you are squishies. The key to beating the abjured is just to play their game better than they do: snowball them and keep forcing them into disadvantaged fights.

If you can lock-down Toker, then the whole team becomes very susceptible to incoming bursts. This is what has happened in past games the abjured lost or came close to losing. Nothing can lock down a thief but another thief, so your team NEEDS another thief who can win vs. toker more often than losing.

Why on earth do you go from guard to thief, guardian too good, stupid to go thief, theres enough good thief players around, that they don’t get used up because thief isnt really a must have, its just nice, but other classes can do same and better like a medi guard.

What?!?! Thief is a must-have on every team or you put yourself at a HUGE disadvantage. I don’t know if there has EVER been a time when thief wasn’t optimal (even when APEX was winning on NA, their team would have been better with a thief). NOBODY can play the role of a thief. All the cele builds on the abjured are interchangeable with similar builds from other classes. The roaming dps of a thief can ONLY be played a thief because either the class gets farmed by a thief (mesmer, burst ele, power ranger) or has such low mobility that the thief can just out-rotate it (medi guard).

(edited by BlackBeard.2873)

how to beat the abjured

in PvP

Posted by: Spky.7693

Spky.7693

2 medi guard and 3 ranger should be the new meta according to you.

except that you wont be able to hold a point for 10 seconds.

Not every game is about having a bunker, its about owning people and finishing them.
That’s why theres 2 medi guards because they the in your face players. And yes they are perfectly capable of holding nodes.

Thinking about abjured comp, they probably do a lot of condi’s and ya know what, medi guards eat condi’s, all it does is make them meaner.

You don’t REALLY need to be able to hold a point if you just kill people fast enough and this does fit into my idea that a perfectly played zerker comp would be the best theoretical comp. However, it is only that, theoretical. There aren’t players at the moment who can pull it off. To illustrate this we could ask what 3 power rangers would you put on that team?

You right but rarely works against good players, and most of times there’s some urgency to hold the node, cant always give it up to win the fight.
Raplion and you are power rangers, kirito plays ranger too I think, oh and you got mila storm, (acandis?, Joshua z?). I play both power and medi because every other class not that great. Stunningstyles can play medi, and I’d say davinci, but he’s turned thief is what it looks like. You’ll have harder time finding a medi guardian, nobody plays that anymore, and its totally underrated.

Not like thief is back in the old days, pop on an ele tick tick, ele drops dead. If that was the case, I bet caed would be enjoying fighting the abjured ele’s, but noooooope.

If anet developers do anything, I’d like to see the return of the 100b. The return of the 100b would totally wrekt the abjured comp, no questions asked.

However anet, prefers AI and pew pew. Hence you need them power rangers. Medi guard is too underated, anet doesn’t know how good they are right now.

Also, the return of Automated Response 100%. Bring back sumo engies. This game really does need more variety, kinda sad that I can play only 2 things and pretty much dominate. Needs more variety.

Don’t listen to guy below me, trying to do a thief vs thief battle does nothing. You gotta look at the big picture, if your thief wins, can he beat the ele and engy?
Like I said, thief isn’t what it use to be. Go with a medi guard instead of a thief.

Already told you how easy it is to own thieves with medi guard. Plus medi guard can damage control and stomp, and give team some healing and dps and block an attack.
Thief, just kills another thief and decaps the far node, pretty much it, worthless. Play as a team to win, not as indidualist, aka using a thief to go solo the map while the rest of your team plays as a team. You need everyone playing as a team.

What you do is like on forest. Send me do guard far at start power home rest mid. Me do guard far owns toker on the beach if he’s crossing. If not rush and teleport on a teammate of theres to slow him down and make him annoyed. Proceed to far node and fight 1v2 or 1v1. Point is to disrupt there rotation and win mid. Obviously other me do tanks mid and power ranger home moves to support mid. After that guy far should die and have him watch home. Play home and mid rest of game. Go far to decap only but never to fight. Stay teamed you counter them they outta rptation and you win. Toker useless in big team fight. All you do is let ae from medi own him. And burst him pew pew when you see him. Hes gonna be the reason your team rallies from winning downed game.

Uberkingkong, I have read a few of your posts and come to this conclusion.

You strike me as the type of player which rages at his team because he is so good and everyone else is so bad. And as your little hands are going nuts abusing your team members, they are just sitting back, slowly shaking their head and smiling because they know that you are… Well, Justin put it best…

Where are all the good players at yo?

Define good? Your rating is average, so you should be getting matched with the average player.

Please create a team consisting of some gaurds and rangers and stomp The Adjured!

how to beat the abjured

in PvP

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

cant bear to read multiple walls of text from person trapped in elo hell

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

how to beat the abjured

in PvP

Posted by: Elitist.8701

Elitist.8701

uberdingdong you’re so misinformed it’s hilarious. Keep posting buddy.

Best Multiclass NA. RIP my beautiful Necromancer, such a shame. Retired, April 2015. GG Anet,
I’m not coming back, not that you care.

how to beat the abjured

in PvP

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

troll post warning

Just go to EU

how to beat the abjured

in PvP

Posted by: jim.5380

jim.5380

A good SD thief could 1v1 Phanta.
Too bad nobody plays SD anymore cuz it’s the most boring build NA.

nope, phantaram is smart and he wont stack might vs sd he will just go for the damage, and the opening u get on sd vs dd cele is if u proc both sigils steal might and keep the pressure up. Phantaram is going to outsustain u there, he is not some random ele that will feel pressured by being on 40% hp and full cooldowns… if you want to slowly drain his cooldowns out(the cantrips) on average u need 8 minutes to have a chance to beat the ele, guess what he is getting points till then, even if u manage to kill the ele in 2-3 minutes somehow then he is back and u are forced to leave the point 1 minute at max without it being full capped by the ele. That is if we talk about sizer s/d spec the rest will just die faster than that and have less chance of winning the 1v1.

Jim Battlemaster

how to beat the abjured

in PvP

Posted by: Tiale.2430

Tiale.2430

I also believe that a berserker composition would be cool, but with a great synergy group.

Subdrop
SA Guardian

how to beat the abjured

in PvP

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

2 turrets engi and 3 pew pew rangers

how to beat the abjured

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

We saw turrets in NA WTS qualifiers and look how that turned out

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

how to beat the abjured

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Post like these are symptomatic of what’s wrong with this game. There is a small subset of people who think this is some kind of e-sports game yet the game provides very little incentive to group up outside of a couple of tournaments a year with cash prizes. There is still very little reason to for the regular game some awful leaderboard and poor prizes./take off the rose colored glasses. With all the problems this game has who cares how you beat Abjured quite frankly.

how to beat the abjured

in PvP

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

Post like these are symptomatic of what’s wrong with this game. There is a small subset of people who think this is some kind of e-sports game yet the game provides very little incentive to group up outside of a couple of tournaments a year with cash prizes. There is still very little reason to for the regular game some awful leaderboard and poor prizes./take off the rose colored glasses. With all the problems this game has who cares how you beat Abjured quite frankly.

and posts like these make me chuckle at the irony of going out of your way to post on a forum about how you really don’t care XD

how to beat the abjured

in PvP

Posted by: irish.3578

irish.3578

Posts like this are symptomatic of what’s wrong with the game but complaining about things in the wrong thread while belittling those in it is clearly the solution.

am i right? anyways…..

Also, why keep pushing 1v1 specs against abjured. I think the biggest weakness they have is in the group game where they are “overall” vulnerable to spike damage due to the composition of classes being light armor and how quick they can recover. Mesmers, thiefs, medi guardians, burn guardians, bunker guardians and ranger builds all have major holes in them at the top end of conquest. I don’t think any of them can make up for the limitations they have in mobility, group play and/or staying on point. In one game any of them can be a superstar but when you are deficient in too many areas you can be exploited. Even the best “leader” will be unable to use all his pieces effectively in all match-ups.

how to beat the abjured

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

When there’s only like 10 people on NA who are really good at the game and 5 are on a team and the other 5 hate each other, good luck! #tinygame #drama #esportslol #zambies

Wahoo! Bye frands!

I actually rolled an account on NA some time ago and this is what I found.

The top players are as good as on EU. But NA was different in that the “good” players was about 10 people (as you say) whereas at the time the EU scene was about 100 players.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

how to beat the abjured

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Posts like this are symptomatic of what’s wrong with the game but complaining about things in the wrong thread while belittling those in it is clearly the solution.

am i right? anyways…..

Also, why keep pushing 1v1 specs against abjured. I think the biggest weakness they have is in the group game where they are “overall” vulnerable to spike damage due to the composition of classes being light armor and how quick they can recover. Mesmers, thiefs, medi guardians, burn guardians, bunker guardians and ranger builds all have major holes in them at the top end of conquest. I don’t think any of them can make up for the limitations they have in mobility, group play and/or staying on point. In one game any of them can be a superstar but when you are deficient in too many areas you can be exploited. Even the best “leader” will be unable to use all his pieces effectively in all match-ups.

They’re not overall vulnerable to spike damage. Zerk medi vs d/d Ele is a prime example. You can’t beat their group game.
All honesty I think these type players have a better chance at beating the Abjured. No one has crafted a full team of 1v1’s. The ones who have, go group game with a team like Abjured and lose. Or they do well at first but then lose their rotations. You’d have to constantly play sides and rotate at every stomp. You don’t need to have super godly peels like a thief or Ele if you’re not needing to peel off to survive.
You don’t need a thief if you’re not worried about a 2v1 gank burst.

I say this because I,ve seen Phantaram/Wakkey 1v1 for days until either 1) they win or 2) other nodes loses and a thief, or said partner, rotate in to help. 3) Thief rotates in to gank, regardless.. cause he’s a thief.
The issue is… Phanta or Wakkey knows if they’re going to need help or not. The Thief knows where to rotate and who to burst. It’s a double edged sword. One is just sharper than the other..

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

how to beat the abjured

in PvP

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

It was a joke …. did you understand it ?

how to beat the abjured

in PvP

Random Weird Guy.3528

It was a joke …. did you understand it ?

So are turret engis, yet nobody seems to understand that.

how to beat the abjured

in PvP

Solstice.1097

Some of the input received on this thread has led me to believe that it’s a good idea to send 1 home, 2 mid, 2 far, Instead of going for a 1-3-1

because far is going to be probably wakkey, and one person will fall back (probably nos but maybe 5g). This puts you 2v2 vs wakkey and nos/5g and another 2v2 vs toker and nos/5g

It would seem these are much more winnable 2v2 fights if you split the necro and engi up.

But you still have to have someone hold 1v1 at home vs Phantaram, and you can’t lose either of the 2v2 fights. so yea its a simple formula but its extremely difficult to execute unless you’re team is all top 20 players in the world.

how to beat the abjured

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

Some of the input received on this thread has led me to believe that it’s a good idea to send 1 home, 2 mid, 2 far, Instead of going for a 1-3-1

because far is going to be probably wakkey, and one person will fall back (probably nos but maybe 5g). This puts you 2v2 vs wakkey and nos/5g and another 2v2 vs toker and nos/5g

It would seem these are much more winnable 2v2 fights if you split the necro and engi up.

But you still have to have someone hold 1v1 at home vs Phantaram, and you can’t lose either of the 2v2 fights. so yea its a simple formula but its extremely difficult to execute unless you’re team is all top 20 players in the world.

its funny you make a thread how to beat them but you literally dont even know what they do
i thought when you made the thread you did but apparently not, here’s there usual opening:
phanta far
wakkey mid
nos home
5g between home/mid
toker can be any node
so if you 4/1/0 split to keep phanta off home:
5g+wakkey+toker mid and phanta leaves far with fgs insane mobility impossible to kill mode= home/mid cap 2cap start snowball abjured wins
you 2/3/0
phanta + toker take nearly impossible to win 2v2, only way to win is with better thief ele or with engi/necro. however if you put engi/necro in this 2v2 youll just stalemate wakkey/5g mid until nos comes up with his explosion instawin combo on someone and theyll win the 3v3 since wakkey 5g still alive. otherwise can leave phanta 1v2 and let toker 3v3 til nos arrives as well.
you 3/2/0
similar to 4/1/0 phanta will either troll or bail while wakkey 5g take the 2v2 until nos arrives. nos arrives and you lose.
you 1/4/0
phanta wins far eventually. 2 cap regardless of mid.
you 1/3/1
5g nos explode crosser in less than 10 seconds and go mid to outnumber there. phanta wins 1v1. 3 cap.
you 1/2/2
phanta wins 1v1. wakkey stalemates mid while 5g nos toker explode crossers. 2 cap regardless of mid.
1/1/3
phanta wins 1v1. wakkey stalemates/wins mid. toker bails home if they start to lose and plusses mid to win that 2v1/2v2. doubtful youll win the 3v3 though.
1/0/4
phanta wins 1v1 wakkey free caps mid and 2cap. this is interesting though, I havent seen it used vs abjured (has anyone seen this?). youll probably just see nos plague node and 5g/toker book it til wakkey rotates in.
0/0/5
same as above with the plague.

honestly the best way imo is just to 1/2/2 and win your matchups.

gerdian

how to beat the abjured

in PvP

Solstice.1097

honestly the best way imo is just to 1/2/2 and win your matchups.

so we agree XD

how to beat the abjured

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

Nobody can 1v1 phanta when he is on far so they have to zerg him while losing other points.

nobody of equal skill can 1v1 a good d/d cele ele. has nothing to do with who the person is.

Wrong.

The thing that beats cele ele just doesn’t fit on teams.

Mesmer beats cele ele

Toker beats mesmer.

Can’t say i disagree.

would be cool tho if teams tried to make mes fit in their comp.

Altough there’re definitely some of the best players ( if not the best) in NA with their respective professions ( ele-nec above all), mesmers in NA really sux when compared to EU ones.

That’s the problem i really see here.

how to beat the abjured

in PvP

Random Weird Guy.3528

55hp monks won the last 2 monthly finals in EU and they run with a mesmer.

how to beat the abjured

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

Wow you really got the sense of what i was saying, i bet your friends are envious of your mental sharpness

how to beat the abjured

in PvP

Posted by: irish.3578

irish.3578

a few thoughts… or my 2 cents

Guardian zerker meditation is not spike. It is the absolute opposite of spike. In addition, spike was talked about in a group context and you took it as 1v1.

You need to win the 2v2s or + aka the group component of the game and still have enough mobility and or the ability to stay on point to matter outside the group play.

if you counter abjured with some ridiculous idea that lacks major components of the play of conquest… it will be easy to counter you even if it works against them once. Secondly, I think they would be smart enough to adapt and they are not this static unit that is incapable of change till you beat them.

You beat eles by bursting them down when you’ve exhausted there cds. You need to beat the eles in 2v2 as in 1v1 even if they can be beat it usually takes to long and is done by a class that lack group synergy, mobility, or the ability to stay on point.

Thief and ele isn’t the best 2v2 team. Thief and anyone isn’t. The thief excels because of other reasons. Maybe it excels in 2v2 against typical conquest meta build but really…. is that unbeatable?

how to beat the abjured

in PvP

Random Weird Guy.3528

Wow you really got the sense of what i was saying, i bet your friends are envious of your mental sharpness

Yes. Yes they are.

how to beat the abjured

in PvP

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

Yep. GF and Paradigm were mediocre Kappa