legitimate high ranks - pls devs respond

in PvP

Posted by: ExpelHax.8012

ExpelHax.8012

Hi im Iisey playing on the EU servers, i got a very important question and i hope a dev can answer me.

I legitimatly reached r64 so far, and even tho rank doesnt mean anything, i worked very hard to get it.

im looking forward to reach r70 without any exploits, it doesnt mean anything to anyone, i dont care.

but since the skyhammer exploits made ranks even more meaningless, i guess u guys think about removing the current rank system, and rework everything.

i can understand that, and im happy about this.

but the thing im asking myself now is, should i keep farming for r70 or let it go? i will take 3 months to get it

i will take tousands of games to get from 64 to 70, and if u guys would remove the current system in january and im stuck at r69, then i farmed like 1,5 mio glory for nothing.

i just want to reach it without using exploits, and i think i have a right to know if i will be able to achieve it in time.

SO MY QUESTION IS: if i am 3-4 months from reaching the rank i want, does it make sense to continue farming for it, or will there be a point where ranks are removed and then we will be unable to progress further towards rXX gear/finisher?

playing nearly the whole day gives me between 15 – 25k glory, skyhammer exploiter probably do that in 2 hours.

so it would cost me prolly around 1500 hours to get there, if ranks would be removed when im at r68-69, alot of time and work would just disapear with no reward.
so if u are going to do that, i beg u tell us now.

after investing 5000 hours to get a meaningless glory rank, i hope a dev can take 2 mins to answer this meaningful question.

if u believe it or not, there are still ppl around that put effort into reaching a glory rank.

Y Iisey Y

Y Iisey Y, desolation EU
Fifty Five Hp Monks [ELE]

in PvP

Posted by: dzindzinier.6138

dzindzinier.6138

got 58 without skyhammer farm ,it took me a lot time to get it ,i dont like it too that people get it for jumping only…
my solution -remove all glory gained at skyhammer and remove this map till u fix it

in PvP

Posted by: Justin ODell.9517

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Next

If we did remove ranks, we would probably give our players something to show off their achievement.

Farming not withstanding, we understand that many of our players have done a lot and we would never intentionally do anything to undermine that.

Server Programmer (sPvP)
Isle of Janthir: Flux, Latch, Aegir

in PvP

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

If we did remove ranks, we would probably give our players something to show off their achievement.

Farming not withstanding, we understand that many of our players have done a lot and we would never intentionally do anything to undermine that.

But on the otherhand, you barely do anything to prevent it. Slow mitigation is nothing.

Sorry for being harsh, but may i suggest something that would solve multiple problems?

In hotjoin, since glory is given at the end of the match now, give glory only to the winner team. This way, random zerging would stop, hotjoin could turn to be something where people can actually learn the basics, where they are motivated (and forced) to bring the right decisions. Currently it will only teach bad habits to newcomers and reward those bad habits and zergs ways better than rated arena players.

I think it would be easy and fast to do.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

(edited by Gandarel.5091)

in PvP

Posted by: ExpelHax.8012

ExpelHax.8012

Thx for the fast answer Justin, i appreciate it alot.

still it doesnt quiet answer my question. im more interested in the finisher and the gear, so reaching r68,r69 wouldnt mean anything to me, i want r70 phoenix finisher and the gear.
so in case u really remove ranks, would we be able to still progress towards this?

i hope u can understand what a big waste of time it would be if ppl reach r 69 and then the rank system gets removed and they will never be able to finish their phoenix.

so Justin can i continue farming without compunction that the aim im farming for will be unreachable at one point?

Y Iisey Y, desolation EU
Fifty Five Hp Monks [ELE]

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

I don’t think they will remove rank. But their attitude to the problem still makes me hesitate mroe and more :P Mostly now as Arenanet gives resources for PvP.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

Sorry for being harsh, but may i suggest something that would solve multiple problems?

In hotjoin, since glory is given at the end of the match now, give glory only to the winner team. This way, random zerging would stop, hotjoin could turn to be something where people can actually learn the basics, where they are motivated (and forced) to bring the right decisions. Currently it will only teach bad habits to newcomers and reward those bad habits and zergs ways better than rated arena players.

Just give soloque 4.000 for winning and 100 for loosing .
In 3 months something will be dead , or something will be domminant .
And they can focus-put all the real rewards in 5v5

in PvP

Posted by: Obsidia.5127

Obsidia.5127

I doubt they would actually remove ranks and if they did, I would expect a 3 month notice before it actually happens.

in PvP

Posted by: Tron.7639

Tron.7639

There should be no Rank farm in Hot-Joins and its actually easy, just cap Rank gain to Level 10 in hot Joins and after that people just get Glory.

The 10+ rank should be left to SoloQ/TeamQ.

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

There should be no Rank farm in Hot-Joins and its actually easy, just cap Rank gain to Level 10 in hot Joins and after that people just get Glory.

Too many people reach for this as the solution. There has already been plenty of threads from South pacific/ocenia players with screens shots of soloQ times reaching in excess of 30 minutes. Also because pacific login is at offpeak hours Tpvp is worse as you can’t always have 4 ppl ready to go when you feel like playing tpvp.

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

In GW1 you had a proggresive system , where contues wins offered more rewards ?
Why cant we implant it in Hj too , leading to solo tpvp ?

<<Play now>> will put you in a random ongoing map in Hj (loosing map in most cases)
The first time you have to kill 1 person or capture a base (50 rank bonus if you succed) .
When you succed the color of <<Play now>> will change from white to yellow , or will be transformed into <<Play now x2>>
The second time you have to kill 2 ppl and capture 2 bases (
100 bonus)
Third time , 3 kill , 3 bases (200bonus)
Fourth time , the bottuon will be transformed into gold or <<Join tPvP>> (
3000 if you win)

Edit: why the letter are underlined ?

(edited by Killthehealersffs.8940)

in PvP

Posted by: Maylo.5892

Maylo.5892

Bump, since i would like to know if its worth farming for the rank gear and finishers too..

Mr Maylo
Rank #1 Life

in PvP

Posted by: Baldric.6781

Baldric.6781

You should start farming skyhammer to reach that rank without playing that much a day (seek another hobby if u have so much free time, a dead pvp game isn’t a good hobby at all).
Also, they won’t nerf skyhammer too much, it’s actually making a lot of pve’rs to play pvp, true they just farm, but who cares, since soloqueue and teamqueue playerbase is so low, if we let them farm in hotjoin, we can say that there is a lot more people playing spvp now (and it’s completely true!!).

in PvP

Posted by: Fjandi.2516

Fjandi.2516

“We’ve been working on it for 4 months on and off, doing a lot of iteration, trying to get it right,” Bearce says. “Of course, we work on multiple maps at a time – but this one is special. I think players are really going to respond well to Skyhammer.”

Oh the irony. Actually yes, players did appreciate the map and started playing it a lot, just not the way anet guys had intended.
Tbh they should remove ranks, they are useless anyway, especially now.

in PvP

Posted by: Magische Boek.2530

Magische Boek.2530

same problem as with legendary’s in pve.

phoenix phinisher? he must be very good or he farmed skyhammer alot.
legendary weapon? he went trough alot to get that or he kept reselling things on the trading post to buy one.’

my rank 30 means nothing in spvp since others farm it in a week :/

I’m not arguing!
I’m simply explaining why I’m right.

in PvP

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

I think that it would be awesome if you guys split up hotjoin ranks and tPvP ranks.

You would keep the hojoin rank as it is now, so player who have farmed their rank wouldn’t get mad of the time they have wasted, but you will give to tPvP players another rank tracking (with another set of finishers) so they can clearly tell who is a good player and who is not.

tPvP rank should, in my opinion, based on tournament wins (which you have already tracked) and have separate finishers and title sets compared to the current rank system.

Another awesome idea is to award more points the stronger is the enemy you have defeated. For instance, if you have won against an high-placed in leaderboards or high-ranked player, you are awarded with more rank points.

It is a really needed step because right now you can’t tell if someone is a good/experienced player or not, unless you check on the leaderboard, which isn’t exactly easy and straightforward.

Also, custom finishers based on Champion titles would be awesome too!

(edited by sorrow.2364)

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

^
Yeah finishers based on champion titles would be cool.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Posted by: Quon Star.4678

Quon Star.4678

What was this " skyhammer farm exploit"?

in PvP

Posted by: HPLT.7132

HPLT.7132

Red Team (or Blue) kills the other one and then jumps down to death (if I am not wrong) at the middle of the map. Red Team gets points for killing blue and blue, in return, gets the point for reds suicide.

No fix so far.

Btw.: Hi Iisey

in PvP

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

give glory only to the winner team

I always, wonder, why some people trying to switch indication on sPvP life status from “almost dead” to “completely dead”. You really hate your game mode, are you?

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in PvP

Posted by: Sampo.9678

Sampo.9678

My only question is what the devs will do about this rank system now that it became broken because of skyhammer farmers.

For people who actually played pvp only thing they could showoff is their champ titles and pvp rank and finisher (shark and phoenix are awesome)
Skyhammer farmers cheated their way to rank 60+ in a month and receive the same rewards… (and no idea how the glory rewards are going to be but i guess they will be getting it all as well just because they exploited for a month)

And all dev responses are all like they are ok with it and it doesn’t need to be fixed at all.
The only thing they did was slow it down a little after people already farmed it soo much.

You really have to make a change so that people can see who’s a legit pvp player and who isn’t.
Because someone being rank 60 with the skills of a rabbit is something very bad.

“Be brave, little rabbit. Take a chance.”

in PvP

Posted by: ryston.7640

ryston.7640

But on the otherhand, you barely do anything to prevent it. Slow mitigation is nothing.

i think people would find a way to team stack that kitten and farm like crazy

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

give glory only to the winner team

I always, wonder, why some people trying to switch indication on sPvP life status from “almost dead” to “completely dead”. You really hate your game mode, are you?

I always wonder why PvE guys like you only care for farming something. Maybe hotjoin would be filled with less PvE guys. But probably soloque/team arena would see an increase in population.

Hotjoin is not PvP. WvW is PvE. Accept this.

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in PvP

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

As someone who occasionally joins hot join (extremely, extremely casual when it comes to sPvP), reading suggestions to only have glory in tournaments is worrying. I’d hope there are other ways to prevent the glory farming without removing glory altogether from hot joins. I doubt many of you would want a spvp noob like me on your tournament team :P and I’d still like the opportunity to gain glory now and then.

Capping ranks earned could be a good idea if one can still work towards kills, glory earned, etc. Could be decent compromise.

(edited by Lothirieth.3408)

in PvP

Posted by: Urejt.5648

Urejt.5648

ledder incoming
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Simple-ladder/first#post3015870
“What is most important, player’s place in division will be visable next to players’s name in form of an icon”

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

(edited by Urejt.5648)

in PvP

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

while your rank title can be gotten in skyhammer, your champion titles can’t

so we all know know where to put value on titles.

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

ledder incoming
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Simple-ladder/first#post3015870
“What is most important, player’s place in division will be visable next to players’s name in form of an icon”

Source please.

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in PvP

Rednik.3809

Maybe hotjoin would be filled with less PvE guys. But probably soloque/team arena would see an increase in population.

70-90% decrease for hotjoin and maybe +15-20% increase for other modes. And in future – rapid overall sPvP population decline, because entry-level sPvP is obsolete now.
Such brilliant plan! Bravo!

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

Maybe hotjoin would be filled with less PvE guys. But probably soloque/team arena would see an increase in population.

70-90% decrease for hotjoin and maybe +15-20% increase for other modes. And in future – rapid overall sPvP population decline, because entry-level sPvP is obsolete now.
Such brilliant plan! Bravo!

Hotjoin is not entry-level. Hotjoin is “how not to do things” level. If you try to learn tactics from hotjoin you will be the worst player in the game.

Since hotjoin-only population is not PvP population, we would not suffer any decline. Also, why would there be a decline? because you are motivated to win?

So dungeons are empty because you have to complete it if you want the reward? They give you the reward for enetering and wiping, sometimes clearing 1-2 trash mob?

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in PvP

Rednik.3809

Hotjoin is not entry-level. Hotjoin is “how not to do things” level. If you try to learn tactics from hotjoin you will be the worst player in the game.

Since hotjoin-only population is not PvP population, we would not suffer any decline. Also, why would there be a decline? because you are motivated to win?

So dungeons are empty because you have to complete it if you want the reward? They give you the reward for enetering and wiping, sometimes clearing 1-2 trash mob?

And now you will tell me differences between 5×5 hotjoin and soloQ/tPvP. Player skill not included, because we talking about entry-level.
Go on.

25 charracters

in PvP

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

It’s not as simple as hitting a switch. This issue has been one that we have had several discussions over. The problem is that many of the solutions are either too complex, or they hurt a portion of our player base, etc.

Also, we can’t say when/if we have a solution to the issue, because when we do we see a huge increase in players abusing it (at the beginning of the month, I said that we had a fix to help mitigate it, and we saw the numbers skyrocket).

You will just have to trust that we will protect the integrity of the game as soon as possible.

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

It’s not as simple as hitting a switch. This issue has been one that we have had several discussions over. The problem is that many of the solutions are either too complex, or they hurt a portion of our player base, etc.

Also, we can’t say when/if we have a solution to the issue, because when we do we see a huge increase in players abusing it (at the beginning of the month, I said that we had a fix to help mitigate it, and we saw the numbers skyrocket).

You will just have to trust that we will protect the integrity of the game as soon as possible.

#believeinAllie :P

Btw (if not too complicated), how about trying a week when only the winning team gets the glory? If things go bad you restore the previous version. But I think this would also solve some other issues, with providing newcomers a palce where they can practice and are motivated to win without joining rated play.

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in PvP

Posted by: DiamondMeteor.8345

DiamondMeteor.8345

Tough.

Just ban the most egregious offenders. End of.

It’s better to respect players who worked hard to get where they are now than to pretend like you care for the exploiters in this game. Please.

Ranger / Revenant – Crystal Desert

in PvP

Posted by: savov.3712

savov.3712

This just doesn’t stop to amaze me… It’s been more then a year of mostly negative feedback from the PvP community, yet your support for the PvP is the only thing not “skyrocketing”…. It’s like you don’t care at all.
Forgive me, but that’s exactly how it looks from the side.

in PvP

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

Actually, since the launch of the game, the PvP team has only grown in size. The problem is, that we’ve started doing 2 week releases of PvE content, which makes the PvP side look sorely lacking. One thing to think about is that PvP is a much different beast from PvE. We can’t just churn out content (events, bosses, dungeons, etc.) the way the PvE teams do. We are developing systems. They are using existing systems to spawn content. They are two very very different beasts.

I’ve seen comments that the PvP team is stubborn. Sorry, but in this case I am actually going to stubbornly (couldn’t resist) say that is not true. We are extremely receptive to feedback, but we also have realistic goals with the systems we are implementing. Systems take time to develop.

As always, we really appreciate the feedback and love you all have for the game.

Btw – Banning players is a simple solution, but not a preferable or sustainable one.

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Actually, since the launch of the game, the PvP team has only grown in size. The problem is, that we’ve started doing 2 week releases of PvE content, which makes the PvP side look sorely lacking. One thing to think about is that PvP is a much different beast from PvE. We can’t just churn out content (events, bosses, dungeons, etc.) the way the PvE teams do. We are developing systems. They are using existing systems to spawn content. They are two very very different beasts.

I’ve seen comments that the PvP team is stubborn. Sorry, but in this case I am actually going to stubbornly (couldn’t resist) say that is not true. We are extremely receptive to feedback, but we also have realistic goals with the systems we are implementing. Systems take time to develop.

As always, we really appreciate the feedback and love you all have for the game.

Btw – Banning players is a simple solution, but not a preferable or sustainable one.

Why not a simple roll back on the serious exploiters? You guys had a way of finding out about all the people exploiting Karma weapons in the past. Don’t see why you couldn’t do the same in this situation.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Why not a simple roll back on the serious exploiters? You guys had a way of finding out about all the people exploiting Karma weapons in the past. Don’t see why you couldn’t do the same in this situation.

You do roll-backs once the problem is fixed. If I were them I’d be silently compiling a big “naughty list” and wait till the problem is completely fixed up, and then throw out the massive ban-hammer.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Posted by: Baldric.6781

Baldric.6781

Have faith!!

Seriously, if u care so much about ranking, start farming before they nerf skyhammer farming even more, or you will end up with rank 30 and everybody else who cares will be 50 or so!!
They said left and right that they won’t harm hotjoin, so what u expect ? That somehow they will take out the amount of rank that people farmed throught skyhammer farming ? U sure that they have the information of how much glory was farmed in said map in said round. And even if they had this information, u sure they will dig this information and start what, taking away glory ranks ? So they will use the resources and time for that, even when is clear for the quality and amount of pvp patching that they lack the resources, so some dudes that play soloqueue can feel better with themselves because they have a cooler finisher than farmers…

in PvP

Posted by: savov.3712

savov.3712

Sorry Allie, but support is not measured only with added content.
One of the main problem is, that you (not You in particular, but ArenaNet or the PvP team) just are not responding to critical issues on a timely manner, if you do so at all
I can go way, way back to the old “loading screen stuck bug” which was a major problem for the whole game, but mostly for the PvP scene, because of the ridicules large number of times needed to load things in a PvP match (look at the P.S. about further looking into this issue as well). Yet, it took 2-3 weeks or so to get it fixed and it still speared few times later down the road!

Same thing with the tournament reward chests, or specifically – the lack of them in the days after the game’s release. Or the AFKers and leavers from rated matches, later tried to be fixed with the “dishonorable” system, which have its numbers so far off, it just ain’t working in a favor of noone.

Same story now, with the glory farming. It’s being reported long ago, yet you haven’t settled on a idea how to fix it, talk about actually fixing it…
At the moment (and it’s being like that for far too long), everything about the state of the PvP feels exactly like this.
Right now, we don’t need new content pumped into the PvP, but we sure do need developer/moderation control and support over such problems and issues.

P.S. One of my all time favorite question, which no one have (being able to) answer me is this:
On the Legacy of Foefire map(it’s on all the maps, this one is just a lot easier to explain!). Why can I instantly jump from the camera above the Blue Lord to the camera above the Red Lord (basically the two opposite ends of the map) while spectating without any loadings, but BUT! I am presented with a 2-5-10 seconds(!) loading screen _when I use the spawn base waypoint just outside of my base?!

(edited by savov.3712)

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

why haven’t you guys take this map out of the game temporarily or block access to it until you have it sort out?! this way ppl WILL keep abusing it and legit PvP players that worked hard for their rank are reduced to insignificance and even considered glory farmers…

Removing this map temporarily from the game was the right thing to do when the exploiting started, now it does not matter what you do or not to fix it.

“You will just have to trust that we will protect the integrity of the game as soon as possible. ” ?!?!
The harm is done!! Unless you roll back everyone’s rank to what it was 5 weeks back the “Integrity” of the game (PvP wise) is compromised for ever…

This is an insult to legit pvp players. the ones i know, all stopped playing including myself (I was the first one) and non of us is planing to come back if a clueless PvE player who plays all day is 10+ ranks above us that ONLY did PvP since beta.

in PvP

Posted by: Sea.5732

Sea.5732

if can’t roll back the exploiters progression then i see banning as the only option.

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

That’s a lot of work; finding exploiters if there even are logs…(PROBABLY NOT) and even then is it worth it? How many people actually benefited from this in some way?

I’m sure there’s a simple subtraction or addition of negative glory/rank points is possible..

But what about people randomly joining these servers cause they wanted to play gw and these had a good size players? Only to find out it’s just people farming each other for glory, it’ll probably be too hard to find out if they were legitimate players or exploiters.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Posted by: Aeranima.2853

Aeranima.2853

Hi.

As someone suggested, removing Skyhammer temporary will solve the critical issue at hand. People are also earning gold on holding these farming servers since they ask for donations to keep the servers alive. Just that is a ban in my opinion. But yeah, removing skyhammer temporarily will remove the critical issue as stated. I do not see why you shouldn’t do this.

Keep exploiters out of the game, and keep exploiters from earning gold on exploits of the game. Simple as that.

And btw, I am Rank 50 and I am proud to not have been farming until I saw 10 glory farm servers and rabbits using my finisher moves I have worked a year for. It sickens me and I do not want to play the game anymore.

Best,
Fred
Xifix
http://xifix.weebly.com/

Xifix | Thief

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Look at the pathetic the elementalist and ask yourself “do we really listen to feedback”, If the last two tournaments were not enough feedback, what do you guys consider as feedback?

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in PvP

Posted by: Jerry Attrick.5963

Jerry Attrick.5963

I’ve grind 5,314 games to get to r55. Now to see people exploiting the Skyhammer map makes me sad…

Thought I should show my disappointment to make sure people who grind out their ranks legitly are heard.

I’m two cents poorer.

in PvP

Posted by: Trigr.6481

Trigr.6481

No offense but your rank in this game has just as much of a meaning as the current leaderboards in place. Nobody in their right mind will want to “show off” a rank knowing that another guy farmed it in skyhammer in half the time. Therefore putting that to rest. So you are left with a couple decisions as how to fix this.

1- You somehow find a way to figure out who abuses the skyhammer exploit, and take away the gear, and rank that they have obtained from it. Therefore giving the rest of the community “or what is left of it” some type of meaning when it comes to the rank grind. But I know personally I know you won’t do this, it’s too much effort for such a little fix in your eyes. So nothing will be done.

2- You ignore it, you hope that the community will take a blind eye to it, or that the community will simply forget it. I see you taking this option because there is no work involved.

So in conclusion to the OP. Nothing will be done to fix the exploitation of the people who have “already” grinded up to high ranks using un-honest methods. I’m sure something will be done in a unreasonable amount of time, that is probably what’s to be expected. Don’t hold your breath.

Countless

(edited by Trigr.6481)

in PvP

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

The problem is: You should officially declare Skyhammer farming as an EXPLOIT and say that there will be consequences for the players using it. (At least for the ones after the declaration, in best case for all of them).

Then, the numbers wont skyrocket anymore.
The numbers skyrocketed when you said you gonna mitigate this method, as everybody wanted to get most Glory from farming as long it is still possible.

It is pretty much the same, as if you would say, you would nerf the Champion Bag loot in 1 month. The numbers of farmers, before this nerf comes would possibly increase, too.

And when you say, the numbers skyrocketed, when you annouced the upcoming mitigation, this means, you ARE ACTUALLY ABLE to see who farms on Skyhammer.

Just make one announcement, that Skyhammerfarming is exploit and there wont be many players left still doing so.

@ “trust in you”.
No offense, but I have the feeling, this is something, a lot of pvp players have already lost a long time ago.

Comparing Skyhammerfarming (→ huge gain of PvP “curency” aka Glory) versus the Karma Exploit in PvE.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/08/31/3000-guild-wars-2-players-permanently-banned-for-karma-exploit/

PvE: “Emergency fix, 3000 players permanently banned”
PvP: “we can’t say when/if we have a solution to the issue, because when we do we see a huge increase in players abusing it”, total amount of banned players: 0, not even called an Exploit.

Isnt it somehow ironic, that you tollerate exploits in PvP, which should be much more about competitiveness, much more than in PvE?

in PvP

Posted by: Absinth.6917

Absinth.6917

Eh, let them be rank 40+.

I would recommend resetting the leader boards every 3 months.

Rank means nothing.

Potential For An Esport [NONE]

Haiku FTW

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

Eh, let them be rank 40+.

I would recommend resetting the leader boards every 3 months.

Rank means nothing.

well it USE TO mean something, rank means nothing now that every one, their mother and dog are rank 50+.

I played since beta and am a rank 41.

In PvP, Rank was the ONLY thing we had to show off, now it is absolutely meaningless…

in PvP

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

No one wants to see you ban legitimate players; it’s the exploiters/cheaters that some of us would like to see gone. The same way that the most egregious exploiters were removed from the game with the PvE snowflake exploit because they had gained too much of a particular currency (gold), and would therefore devalue the currency for the rest of the player base, the most egregious of the Skyhammer farmers should be banned for the same reason. They have devalued glory/rank for the players who have been gaining it legitimately.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace