legitimate high ranks - pls devs respond

in PvP

Posted by: Sampo.9678

Sampo.9678

Karma exploiting people got banned for abusing it too much.
Snowflake jewelry exploiting people got banned for the same reason.

Why not do the same for skyhammer farm.
People that did it for a few hours.. alright.
But people that did it for days/weeks/months? come on.. they just deserve it.

Why does this wiki article not apply to this?
Source: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Exploit
An exploit is the misuse of a software feature or bug in a way that allows a player to generate in-game benefits without the risk or time expected by the game’s designers. It can involve the use of a third-party program and it includes generating currency, experience, or other things of value to players. It also includes actions that allow one player to gain a gameplay advantage over other players.
ArenaNet will temporarily suspend players for using exploits deliberately and permanently suspend those who purposefully and repeatedly make use of them, depending on the severity of their actions.

“Be brave, little rabbit. Take a chance.”

in PvP

Posted by: Aeranima.2853

Aeranima.2853

Karma exploiting people got banned for abusing it too much.
Snowflake jewelry exploiting people got banned for the same reason.

Why not do the same for skyhammer farm.
People that did it for a few hours.. alright.
But people that did it for days/weeks/months? come on.. they just deserve it.

Why does this wiki article not apply to this?
Source: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Exploit
An exploit is the misuse of a software feature or bug in a way that allows a player to generate in-game benefits without the risk or time expected by the game’s designers. It can involve the use of a third-party program and it includes generating currency, experience, or other things of value to players. It also includes actions that allow one player to gain a gameplay advantage over other players.
ArenaNet will temporarily suspend players for using exploits deliberately and permanently suspend those who purposefully and repeatedly make use of them, depending on the severity of their actions.

I think this was pretty much what I was looking for to put anet in a corner. Thanks for that legitimate information.

Guess all we can do now is to sit back and wait for a legitimate response from the pvp team.

Xifix | Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Earendil Starsailor.4675

Earendil Starsailor.4675

@Allie Murdock: Could you make it so that falling deaths don’t count towards anything in Skyhammer? Would that be too complex of a change on your end? Sending a guy over the edge is reward enough; we don’t need any points for it…

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

@Allie Murdock: Could you make it so that falling deaths don’t count towards anything in Skyhammer? Would that be too complex of a change on your end? Sending a guy over the edge is reward enough; we don’t need any points for it…

unless ranks are rolled back 5-6 weeks it’s pointless rank means nothing now that PvE players are 10+ ranks above some pure pvp players….

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Actually, since the launch of the game, the PvP team has only grown in size. The problem is, that we’ve started doing 2 week releases of PvE content, which makes the PvP side look sorely lacking. One thing to think about is that PvP is a much different beast from PvE. We can’t just churn out content (events, bosses, dungeons, etc.) the way the PvE teams do. We are developing systems. They are using existing systems to spawn content. They are two very very different beasts.

I’ve seen comments that the PvP team is stubborn. Sorry, but in this case I am actually going to stubbornly (couldn’t resist) say that is not true. We are extremely receptive to feedback, but we also have realistic goals with the systems we are implementing. Systems take time to develop.

As always, we really appreciate the feedback and love you all have for the game.

Btw – Banning players is a simple solution, but not a preferable or sustainable one.

I’ve always suspected PvP had grown steadily since launch, but so many forum ghosts presenting anecdotal evidence to the contrary…nice to finally clear it up!

in PvP

Posted by: Sampo.9678

Sampo.9678

Can someone please answer us and tell us exploiting in pvp is not bannable but in pve it is?
Because that wiki page is telling me otherwise (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Exploit)
Else the wiki page needs to be editted so people know it’s ok to exploit in pvp.

“Be brave, little rabbit. Take a chance.”

in PvP

Posted by: Darkdanjal.3401

Darkdanjal.3401

isnt it possible to just remove all ranking gained on custom arenas for all players and then completely shut down custom arena glory farm?

in PvP

Posted by: Aeranima.2853

Aeranima.2853

isnt it possible to just remove all ranking gained on custom arenas for all players and then completely shut down custom arena glory farm?

I was heading here to type that as well. There are servers with big names here in europe: GLORY FARM, NO CC, STUN, ETC! BLABLABLA! Delete them and revoke custom arena permissions for those players.

Xifix | Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Urejt.5648

Urejt.5648

simple ladder seen from game lvl would be great

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.5027

Pyriall.5027

But on the otherhand, you barely do anything to prevent it. Slow mitigation is nothing.

It’s not as simple as hitting a switch. This issue has been one that we have had several discussions over. The problem is that many of the solutions are either too complex, or they hurt a portion of our player base, etc.

Also, we can’t say when/if we have a solution to the issue, because when we do we see a huge increase in players abusing it (at the beginning of the month, I said that we had a fix to help mitigate it, and we saw the numbers skyrocket).

You will just have to trust that we will protect the integrity of the game as soon as possible.

It hurts a portion of your player base that gamed the system. You turning a blind eye to it hurts the portion that did it legitimately. The message being sent here is, as long as people cheat in mass then it is ok.

in PvP

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

What part of my post gave you the impression that we’re turning a blind eye to it? It surely couldn’t have been the part where I said we’ve had several discussions about it, or the part where I said we see the numbers jump when we say we’re addressing it, or the part where I said you’ll just have to trust we will protect our game…

We have all of the numbers, we know exactly who is doing it and how many times they do it. I’m not going to say any more than that.

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

Thats some NSA power there. =]

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

in PvP

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

Maybe you dont turn a blind eye at it, but you never forbid it, acutally.

I think, a very big step already (at least for me) would be a simple, big announcement:

“Don’t farm skyhammer, or there will be consequences”

It costs you almost nothing, and a lot of players would be see, that you actualy deal with the topic and it could even stop it.
Then you still have time to talk / discuss about what consequences you draw.

Atm all you do is answering some forum threads. That’s good, too. At least we don’T feel completly ignored, but it is far lee of what you could do.

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.5027

Pyriall.5027

What part of my post gave you the impression that we’re turning a blind eye to it? It surely couldn’t have been the part where I said we’ve had several discussions about it, or the part where I said we see the numbers jump when we say we’re addressing it, or the part where I said you’ll just have to trust we will protect our game…

We have all of the numbers, we know exactly who is doing it and how many times they do it. I’m not going to say any more than that.

The point where you lay out options that are either too complex or that they hurt the player base who did it. It’s pretty evident in what you said. If you truly weren’t turning a blind eye, there would have been rollbacks and suspensions. The fact that you continue to allow it to happen just makes it hard to do either of those.

in PvP

Posted by: Tranassa.4968

Tranassa.4968

“Don’t farm skyhammer, or there will be consequences”

“Don’t farm skyhammer, there will be consequences” modified it…

And i agree, such a statement would mean a lot to the players.

I’m playing on EU
Automated Tournaments!

in PvP

Posted by: Kabra.4586

Kabra.4586

EU wise i only know two r70s, me and Clik, it took me about 15k games and a lot of dedication to achieve that. I don’t have a single pve toon rank 80 and I only care about pvp. Tbh ive been on those servers few times, and rly, i don’t know how plp can stick playing that crap, there’s no fun at all.

But all this buzz about farmers reminds me when skyhammer wasn’t around and plp were still trolling about farmers on hj. The point is, Anet should either remove skyhammer (as surely was a rly bad design decision for a pvp map) or, let plp play the game as they want to. In the meantime, if Anet rly cares about this issue why there’s no in-game GMs policing this servers and shutting them down as they are created?

Attachments:

(edited by Kabra.4586)

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

But for god’s sake can’t you just remove that kittening map already? It’s lame, it’s dumb, everyone who plays at decent level hates it…dam you made something even worse than capricorn with this stupid istant death mechanic and it’s bringing so many problems too with glory farmers…kittening deal with it, face reality anet…that map is a total, enormous, epic fail and you should get rid of it asap

Or even better put some decent rank points rewards in tpvp and remove rank points (Leave glory np) from hotjoin..is it really so hard? REALLY?

(edited by Archaon.6245)