love the system devs dont change it

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

a lot of people are complaining even i have some complaints with the system but the majority of it is perfect. ive dropped from gold 3 to silver 3/gold1 now which is where i belong. it went from getting completely stomped because i couldnt compete to actually decent games i can contribute to. imo thats a correct system.

im bad at sarcasm

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

The system is fair, the placement games are not. There’s just no freakin way to place people properly in only 10 games. Placement is just pure RNG.

in PvP

Posted by: Rashy.4165

Rashy.4165

No system is really perfect on its first iteration. There’s always room for improvement. Couple of things that would be nice to see:

- Recognize win streaks. If a player is consistently winning and outplaying the opposing team (by more than 100 to 200 points), perhaps they don’t entirely belong in that division, especially if it’s one of the lower ones. If the bonus from win streaks puts them too high, they’ll go on a losing streak (likely) and fall back down to where they should be.

- And on a related note, also recognize losing streaks. If you get placed too high, and you’re on a losing streak, it should carry a heavy penalty (factoring in expected outcome, obviously; eg. if both teams are closely rated and you go on a losing streak, you probably don’t belong there, but if the opposing team has a higher MMR each time you lose, then that’s an expected losing streak).

- Incentives for putting up a good fight. Losing 200:500 isn’t much of a fight. Losing 400:500 is a better fight. Losing 470:500 even more so. Rating changes should reflect that, again, factoring in Expected outcome. This has the added benefit of allowing players to put in a good amount of effort to minimize their losses, instead of just accepting that they’ve lost and not do much to fight back. Currently, there’s no pressure to win, but there’s also no incentive to TRY to win, or balance out the score. The “reward” here is -5 MMR instead of -25 MMR. Additionally, an extra pip or two if you manage to put up a good fight and still lose (being considered).

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Something needs to be done about duo queues lol… This kittens wild man

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in PvP

Posted by: Emtiarbi.3281

Emtiarbi.3281

Adding to what Rashy said, i consider no one should reach legendary or late platinum with only those 10 matches.

Anredhal Amethyst – Lain Amethyst – Orss Jerre

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

The system is fair, the placement games are not. There’s just no freakin way to place people properly in only 10 games. Placement is just pure RNG.

but placement games are nothing different. the only thing it does is hides your actual mmr cause its so volatile in the first few games.

im bad at sarcasm

in PvP

Posted by: Rashy.4165

Rashy.4165

but placement games are nothing different. the only thing it does is hides your actual mmr cause its so volatile in the first few games.

Placement matches are basically the same as most other competitive games. It’s meant to be that way. It works for some, it doesn’t work for others. There’s not much that can be done to change that, except maybe retain the volatility for the entire 10 games as opposed to deciding too quickly (if we were to accept that the first 3 games seems to have the highest weight). Immediately post-placement should also be taken into account, as the system may be stabilizing too quickly, and there needs to be a proper way to break out of that.

“Gitgud” is an easy response, but what if you’re already more skilled than what the rating puts you at? Learning to carry is a possible option, but there are matches where it’s just not possible.

in PvP

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

The placement games are fine, they do need to the add class stacking prevention they use for tournaments to ranked though. I don’t mind the higher queue times.

If I was a salty person I would be saltier than the Dead Sea about losing 2 of my placements games because of 3 necros in one match and 3 thieves in another.

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Yeah it’s called get rid of Solo Queues and make it Duo/Trio Queue because it’s designed to be an organized game mode…..

in PvP

Posted by: Bardly.2571

Bardly.2571

Yeah it’s called get rid of Solo Queues and make it Duo/Trio Queue because it’s designed to be an organized game mode…..

….I hadn’t thought of that ….that sounds like a good idea, Q times might be rough though since some people can’t be bothered to be pleasant enough to make a friend

Maybe if you Q solo it puts you in to a Group that you will be in while u Q….could be a thing

in PvP

Posted by: LouWolfskin.3492

LouWolfskin.3492

For everyone who’s complaining about the solo Queue:

have you voted when the pol was up?
ANet asked you, the payers, if you wanted a Team Queue or a Solo/Duo Queue and the majority said Solo/Duo.
If you can blame anyone it’s not ANet, it’s your fellow players.

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

The only thing they should adjust slightly is the formula for volatility after placement games. It quickly settles down into matches worth very little MMR, which means that players who swap specs/improve can’t really move around in terms of placement very much.

Winstreaks/losses should increase volatility a bit more than they do, esp early in the season, to allow more mobility and so people don’t feel trapped into “grinding” their way to their natural rank.