make warrior rifle aa into machine gun spray

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

this topic is placed here to receive feedback from non-warrior players as well.
please do not merge this topic into other topics as this topic is about warrior rifle skill 1.

as of now, we have:
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fierce_Shot

Fierce Shot | ¾ s Activation time
“Fire a shot at your target, gaining bonus adrenaline against vulnerable targets.”
Damage: (0.55)
Adrenaline: 1
Combo Finisher: Physical Projectile
Range: 1,200

i propose the following change:
Fierce Spray | 2¼ s Activation time
“Spray bullets at your target while moving, gaining bonus adrenaline against vulnerable targets.”
Damage (10x): (1.65)
Adrenaline: 1
Combo Finisher: Physical Projectile (20% Chance)

changes:
- activation time tripled
- overall damage tripled
- name changed to fierce spray
- number of attacks increased to 10
- combo finisher physical projectile chance lowered to 20%

basically the new version allows warriors to fill one bar of adrenaline against non vulnerable targets provided that all 10 attacks hit or two bars against vulnerable targets.

counter play would be retaliation, blind field, line of sight, confusion. evasion, 3 seconds nom aegis block.

discuss!

update:

if adrenaline gain is too powerful, what if we removed it?

“Spray bullets at your target while moving.”
changes:
- overall damage tripled
- removed adrenaline gain

(edited by Deimos Tel Arin.7391)

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

nice. anything that makes rifle not bad is good in my books

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

The only problem I have is the adrenaline gain with this: up to 20 adrenaline single target in 2.5 seconds.

EverythingOP

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

choovanski,
thanks for the feedback!

Tim,
hmmm if that could be too powerful, what if,

“Spray bullets at your target while moving.”
changes:
- overall damage tripled
- removed adrenaline gain

make it simple. just spray. the level 1 adrenaline charge would be useful, and not too powerful i guess.

what do you think?

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

Funny thing is, engineers complain that their rifle feels more like a shotgun than a rifle. If this goes through, “rifle” won’t actually exist and anet should just start tossing new skins around for the two classes.

Also, what happens to volley? Rifle for warrior would basically turn into an ultra rapid fire machine.

in PvP

Posted by: singinggecko.5736

singinggecko.5736

Looks an awful lot like rapid fire without the vulnerability, range, slight amount of damage, and utter lack of cool down. It also may or may not be generating adrenaline like a champ on top of it. Warrior probably needs something in the way of buffs besides rampage but I wouldn’t wish all the rapid fire complaints on another class

in PvP

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

dude, make rifle a rocket launcher.
every shot explode, imagine exploding killshot

in PvP

Posted by: singinggecko.5736

singinggecko.5736

Haha noobtube in gw2? No thanks. Although the amount of cleave wouldn’t be too extreme for other classes which is crazy to say.

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

-resists Isis jokes about bearded norn/humans reking everything-

That said, I think warrior rifle should lean more towards marksmanship rather than spray. Timing a few choice hits since, honestly, warrior feel a smidge more mechanically superior than most classes. The only other class that needed a higher than normal amount of technical skill up until jun23 was mesmer, but then they became face roll.

Have it use a mixture of soft CC and minor, single shot bursts with varying requirements leading into varying outcomes. Basically, play off of kill shot’s vibe. Let there be a skill that allows you to punish a target for creating distance, where the shot grows in power and reduces in CD the further your target is from the shooter. Let there be a skill plays off of fierce shot and other sources of vulnerability that dazes if the target is hit while they’re vulnerable. This shot would last long enough to give the warrior time to set 70-80% of kill shot up and give the target half a second to dodge before getting annihilated. This would also be a great dodge/stun break baiting technique which would pair quite nicely with a bulls charge+100b GS burst. This would also give warrior the ability I believe every class should have, a proper ranged option. Melee doing more damage is all good and well, but you need to have a reliable range DPS option in my opinion. With changes like this, warrior could partially fill ranger’s role (ranger would need some changes too, along with almost the entire game) of off-point DPS and still have some gas in the tank for if they need to tango with someone on the point.

in PvP

Posted by: xbutcherx.3861

xbutcherx.3861

spray? nah.. delete rifle and let’s create a rail gun for warrior, imagine rapid fire lol.