please add dueling

please add dueling

in PvP

Posted by: HamHat.5201

HamHat.5201

I’ve had a que take 10 minutes before i left. Please add dueling, would be awesome if you could right click on the person and then click on say “challenge to duel”. Easy way to burn 10 minutes. Crafting stations and guild banks would be nice in heart of the mists as well.

please add dueling

in PvP

Posted by: eyesrutherford.1357

eyesrutherford.1357

You can duel on 1v1 pvp arenas in the pvp game browser

~Zïpples~ ~Honey~ ~Lexisety~
~Tamiyo~ ~Lord Mockingbird~

please add dueling

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

You can’t do this if you are in queue :/

It takes a king of the hill 1vs1 Pavillon style in hotm, with spectator above the arena

It would really fun ^^

please add dueling

in PvP

HamHat.5201

This is exactly the problem, you can no longer duel in private server while waiting for que to pop. Being able to duel anywhere in game would just be an amazing feature to have in general.

please add dueling

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

It really couldn’t be that hard to just have a little part of the mists with a few small arenas that require the two people to fight. Or even do what DCUO has and let us duel anywhere with a little duel tab.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

please add dueling

in PvP

Posted by: ItIsFinished.9462

ItIsFinished.9462

If any of you are familiar with Knight Online, they had two areas outside of town that were kind of like a coliseum style area/arena. It had an invisible line that when a player crossed it, it would put them in combat mode. And anyone could attack anyone. It essentially became a King of the Hill style area, people would sit right outside the line and watch people duel. Someone would lose, they would leave another would enter.

Arrow Slanger »—> »—> »—>
The Never Ending Repertoire of Ranger Builds
Salt of the Earth {SALT} Crystal Desert© ~~Dragon Rank~~

please add dueling

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Huh….they support team play,strategy and modes…they don’t balance around 1v1..duels spec include a lot of aspect that most pvpers don’t like…why run conquest or TDM specs if you are dueling… You don’t know what you are hoping for.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

please add dueling

in PvP

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

Huh….they support team play,strategy and modes…they don’t balance around 1v1..duels spec include a lot of aspect that most pvpers don’t like…why run conquest or TDM specs if you are dueling… You don’t know what you are hoping for.

just because conquest specs often aren’t dueling specs doesn’t mean you aren’t going to engage in a lot of 1v1 fights in conquest. dueling with your conquest spec is still excellent practice. maybe not as good as 2v2 and 3v3 though.

please add dueling

in PvP

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Dueling is already common, with entire servers dedicated for it. The “not balanced around 1v1” reasoning doesn’t fly because dueling is something many people already enjoy and some actually prefer over conquest.

Having the option to duel whenever you want would only add, not detract to the game. I’d love to see some dev opinion on this topic though, its been frequently requested.

please add dueling

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

please add dueling

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

When did dueling ruin the player base of a game? If that was a huge issue then opt out to accept a duel invitation, Similiar to /pvp in WoW.

I will never understand why certain features weren’t added, or still hasn’t been added, to this game.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

please add dueling

in PvP

Solstice.1097

i’d LOVE to see dueling as an option across the game

you can challenge anyone to a duel. the animation would be slapping their face with a white glove

if they accept, the other toons on your game disappear temporarily and a timer counts down from 5, and you fight for 30 seconds. whoever dies or has less health after 30 seconds loses.

The other people in the map can see you 2 dueling, but you can’t see them. They can watch if they want.

You could maybe even bet in-game currency or items on the duel.

IT WOULD BE SO kitten!

You could also use 2-3 mouse clicks to block all dueling invitations.

In WvW or a PvP match you cannot duel an ally. Nor in a dungeon or mission.

You cannot bet on gold or items if you are in queue for WvW or PvP, nor can you queue for those while you’re in a duel.

The possibilities are endless!

oh, and while you have the “dueling” buff, the heals/boons/etc of other players do not affect you or your enemy.

please add dueling

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

i’d LOVE to see dueling as an option across the game

you can challenge anyone to a duel. the animation would be slapping their face with a white glove

if they accept, the other toons on your game disappear temporarily and a timer counts down from 5, and you fight for 30 seconds. whoever dies or has less health after 30 seconds loses.

The other people in the map can see you 2 dueling, but you can’t see them. They can watch if they want.

You could maybe even bet in-game currency or items on the duel.

IT WOULD BE SO kitten!

You could also use 2-3 mouse clicks to block all dueling invitations.

In WvW or a PvP match you cannot duel an ally. Nor in a dungeon or mission.

You cannot bet on gold or items if you are in queue for WvW or PvP, nor can you queue for those while you’re in a duel.

The possibilities are endless!

oh, and while you have the “dueling” buff, the heals/boons/etc of other players do not affect you or your enemy.

YES. Maybe not make everyone else disappear, as that could be complicated( if not cool). Just simple option on right click of the player, popup window for accept or decline and a 10 sec countdown. I believe it was like that in WoW or something like that.

As he stated, a simple options menu check box for [ ] Do not receive duel challenges. Then a message could pop up on challengers screen (Player is not accepting duels at this time), or something. That way they know and don’t keep trying to spam it, thinking it’s glitched.

World wide option. Fun option for everyone and not just in PvP. Make it automatically turn off when entered in a personal instance, dungeon or PvP match.

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

please add dueling

in PvP

Solstice.1097

if the other people don’t disappear it would be impossible to fight a stealth class in a crowd. also it would be way more intense if everyone fades away but your opponent, the music gets heavy, and the menu lights on fire.

please add dueling

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

if the other people don’t disappear it would be impossible to fight a stealth class in a crowd. also it would be way more intense if everyone fades away but your opponent, the music gets heavy, and the menu lights on fire.

Intense I understand that aspect of the crowd, but you can always just type “Come over here” and move away from the crowd before clicking accept. There isn’t hundreds of people standing around all over the place It just sounded like that would make the process a lot harder for Anet to implement and they we will look at 6 months to a year before we see anything.

Maybe they can add it in soon and work on the “disappearing crowd” action, to patch in later.

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

please add dueling

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Dueling is already common, with entire servers dedicated for it. The “not balanced around 1v1” reasoning doesn’t fly because dueling is something many people already enjoy and some actually prefer over conquest.

Having the option to duel whenever you want would only add, not detract to the game. I’d love to see some dev opinion on this topic though, its been frequently requested.

Just because I like it doesn’t mean it’s balanced or viable,unless it gets official support it’s not really a thing. Duels usually (always) have player preference “rules” to prevent fighting what they don’t like or wish not to deal with like the necro LF which is heavily needed in teams or some specs, sigils,sets…basically cutting down even more the variety of pvp vs pve or wvw . The merge of queues and the courtyard experience ended giving organized teams a greater advantage vs a team of duel master.

As long as it’s not a queue it may happen but they are most focused on team aspect. You would choose to fight people you know ,specs that shows no threat and dislike to you. I don’t see the challenge expect a lot of QQ if it’s a queue.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

please add dueling

in PvP

Posted by: oneply.9586

oneply.9586

someone mentioned on another post about making a zone in hotm that when you enter all players are red. kinda like a royal rumble type area.

though dueling would be awesome and preferred for me. i wouldnt make another peep about having nothing to do in the mists.

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

(edited by oneply.9586)

please add dueling

in PvP

HamHat.5201

The game isn’t really balanced when it comes to dueling, but the feature request would probably mostly be used between friends/parties waiting to que for their next 10 minute wait for a ranked game. Why not have a little fun while waiting. Not to mention dueling is probably the best practice you can get on your character. Who doesn’t want to improve?

please add dueling

in PvP

Solstice.1097

one step beyond dueling, let’s go free-for-all!

please add dueling

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

one step beyond dueling, let’s go free-for-all!

i have beter idea: add JP to lobby with free-for-all inside D8

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

please add dueling

in PvP

Posted by: SilkySmooth.1574

SilkySmooth.1574

If any of you are familiar with Knight Online, they had two areas outside of town that were kind of like a coliseum style area/arena. It had an invisible line that when a player crossed it, it would put them in combat mode. And anyone could attack anyone. It essentially became a King of the Hill style area, people would sit right outside the line and watch people duel. Someone would lose, they would leave another would enter.

wow. i found a fellow ex knight online player in gw2!:D the best (unknown) mmo game ever made:P

Gemcaster

please add dueling

in PvP

ItIsFinished.9462

wow. i found a fellow ex knight online player in gw2!:D the best (unknown) mmo game ever made:P

To this day, I still think KO had the best PvP out of all the mmo’s I’ve played by far. What server did you play on?

please add dueling

in PvP

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

with the amount of people who troll dueling rooms I’d love to have dueling as an invite thingy, that way trolls can’t jump in mid fight and ruin a good duel, and if I block somebody make it so they cannot send a duel request so I can block trolls and still duel people.

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

please add dueling

in PvP

SilkySmooth.1574

To this day, I still think KO had the best PvP out of all the mmo’s I’ve played by far. What server did you play on?

ares and later europe. you?

Gemcaster

please add dueling

in PvP

ItIsFinished.9462

ares and later europe. you?

Ah, I was on Logos. My favorite part about that game was the borderlands or whatever it was called and the magic forge. Were you ever able to get an item to +9?

please add dueling

in PvP

SilkySmooth.1574

the anvil you mean:D best thing in the whole game. i dont remember tho if i made a +9:P i spent a kittenload of hours on that thing.

Gemcaster

please add dueling

in PvP

Posted by: B Rad.5416

B Rad.5416

If in addition to dueling they could also add an inspect feature that would be great. Also while spvp does not revolve around 1v1 you will find yourself in 1v1 occasions which is why it would be nice if they had a dueling feature.

B Rad 80 Thief | Scrúbs 80 Guardian | Aquaholic 80 Elementalist |
Keyser Soze 80 Warrior | Muted 80 Mesmer | Crim De La Crim 80 Necro |
Server: Jade Quarry

please add dueling

in PvP

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

o hey I’m not very good versus (insert spec) , how about I duel some of them while I wait for the Que to pop.

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

please add dueling

in PvP

HamHat.5201

wow not one negative thing about dueling. Maybe it’s time to add it anet…

please add dueling

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

wow not one negative thing about dueling. Maybe it’s time to add it anet…

Put the same thread in the pve forum, they’ll spread negativity like a virus.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant