really?nobody is going to mention this?

in PvP

Posted by: Elfindale.4836

Elfindale.4836

This ranger damage is not right.
half the casting time of rapid fire is wrong, you should have left it where it was.
now ranger virtually has no ramp up time.

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

Yesterday I had a 1vs2 ( I play an engi and I was fighting vs ele and thief) The longbow ranger joined the fight and the ele started 1 sec ago with churning earth. The ele was dead before he finished the cast. Thief went into stealth and after stealth he was killed in less then 2sec. PEW PEW PEW I guess the ranger had fun.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

there’s literally a dps ranger’s invasion atm…just bring a reflect and you’re good to go…some of them are so reterded they just kill themselves instead of stop pew-pewing

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

It sucks doesn’kitten Having ridiculed a class and the people playing it for nearly 2 years, and when they finally is given the ability to instagib you, like anyone else, you realize you got no clue how to fight the class as you never took it seriously.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in PvP

Posted by: Gervaise.4163

Gervaise.4163

This is what power rangers felt when playing against your class, deal with it.

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

there’s literally a dps ranger’s invasion atm…just bring a reflect and you’re good to go…some of them are so reterded they just kill themselves instead of stop pew-pewing

Such ranger much dps

Attachments:

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

One the one hand. yeah. until people discover a way to counter them power rangers are gonna be pretty effing strong.

On the other hand…They have been ridiculed in PvE,TPvP and downright hated…verbally assaulted….and otherwise degraded in WvW for a long time now. As such (and as a ranger main) I am going to THOROUGHLY enjoy….every….kitten ….second… of everyone elses crying.

Ghost Yak

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

At least it is a good counter to turret engis. Stay at 1500 range and pew pew pew.

in PvP

Posted by: Ketawhale.9873

Ketawhale.9873

After 2 years of being cussed/hated on for playing a ranger I can finally say:

More tears please.

On a more serious note. The buff is a double edged sword, people are oblivious atm and will figure it out later, as with every balance chance.

in PvP

Posted by: wildfang.9670

wildfang.9670

One the one hand. yeah. until people discover a way to counter them power rangers are gonna be pretty effing strong.

On the other hand…They have been ridiculed in PvE,TPvP and downright hated…verbally assaulted….and otherwise degraded in WvW for a long time now. As such (and as a ranger main) I am going to THOROUGHLY enjoy….every….kitten ….second… of everyone elses crying.

that was dark and scary…. I LIKE IT!!!!!!!

sounds like if I do any pvp in my warrior i’ll need to bring my reflects though X D.

(edited by wildfang.9670)

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Eh I just dont like that fact ranger can do so much damage from rangewith no skill, just pew pew pew its annoying.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in PvP

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

it’s just one skill. much like meteor shower. but contrary to the elementalist, the ranger is useless afterwards

Ayaílla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]

in PvP

Posted by: Rubedo.8769

Rubedo.8769

I have found with my Mesmer that dazes are the way to go, dodge the initial burst then just MoD to death. Use Feedback if necessary but you should be fine without it.

Through fear we become Gods

in PvP

Posted by: kylwilson.9137

kylwilson.9137

I’ve gotten more skills with Magnetic Wave today than any other spell.

So.

Keep firin’ away ladies and gents! Xx

\o/

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Hooray for kneejerk balance rages on patch day!

Seriously though…it’s a bit early to start the rage. If you feel the need to get upset at balance and it’s within the first week of a patch, just step away from the computer for a bit and go sip a nice cold lemonade while sitting in the shade of your favorite tree.

in PvP

Posted by: Eganaught.7053

Eganaught.7053

At least it is a good counter to turret engis. Stay at 1500 range and pew pew pew.

You mean what was totally possible before the patch?

in PvP

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Yes but rangers fall to pieces if you get in their melee range. They can hiltbash you and use the kick on the block but then they are basically useless. Also the condition removal is pretty bad unless they trait for empatic bond.

in PvP

Posted by: Eggyokeo.9705

Eggyokeo.9705

the kinda ranger that can do this dies to a light wind, jut find a way to take the first rapid fire (dodge, block, reflect) and kill them be for the next one, gg.

in PvP

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

Reflect is pretty nice, watch the rangers kill themselves. Retaliation is a good choice also.

Honestly, having a bunch of glass cannon anything instead of condi spam and bunkers is fun, most fun GW 2 PvP in almost a year, IMO.

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Seriously though…it’s a bit early to start the rage.

No it’s not. Spend an hour in sPvP and you can clearly see how blatantly overpowered and game-breaking ranger longbow and greatsword are.

My friend and I played for a few hours last night. It feels like a third person shooter with all the rangers. If you can’t avoid the Rapid Fire for whatever reason (like if their pet CC’ed you), you’re dead. It’s not some well-executed skill chain; it’s one button at 1200 range. If you aren’t dead from Rapid Fire, it’s okay, they’ll just auto-attack a couple times and finish you off. Or better yet, if you’re anywhere near melee, you’ll be hit with Maul for thousands of damage.

The only saving grace is that most rangers are people who never played the profession before and have no clue what to do when you avoid Rapid Fire and attack back.

Try to defend it; you can’t. Rapid Fire is more damage than 100blades ever was, in less time, at 1200 range. Sure, skilled players can avoid it 1v1, but the average player is going to be completely frustrated by it. And even skilled players will fall victim to it in group fights.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Dahkeus.8243

No it’s not. Spend an hour in sPvP and you can clearly see how blatantly overpowered and game-breaking ranger longbow and greatsword are.

My friend and I played for a few hours last night. It feels like a third person shooter with all the rangers. If you can’t avoid the Rapid Fire for whatever reason (like if their pet CC’ed you), you’re dead. It’s not some well-executed skill chain; it’s one button at 1200 range. If you aren’t dead from Rapid Fire, it’s okay, they’ll just auto-attack a couple times and finish you off. Or better yet, if you’re anywhere near melee, you’ll be hit with Maul for thousands of damage.

The only saving grace is that most rangers are people who never played the profession before and have no clue what to do when you avoid Rapid Fire and attack back.

Try to defend it; you can’t. Rapid Fire is more damage than 100blades ever was, in less time, at 1200 range. Sure, skilled players can avoid it 1v1, but the average player is going to be completely frustrated by it. And even skilled players will fall victim to it in group fights.

^ Case in point, lol.

“The sky is falling” posts like this drop every patch…

in PvP

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Its hillarious how making a skill, which was previously one of the worst choices other then AA spamming, into a burst that is barely on par with backstab (almost same CD too if we take into account revealed time), yet there is at the very least 7 ways to completely counter/avoid it.

And still you guys cry this much

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

^ Case in point, lol.

and often times people are correct. If you’ve played for a while, you’ll remember thieves at launch, D/D ele, spirit ranger, mm necro, hambow, decap engi, and turret engi all having issues at some point. The end result? All those got nerfed at some point (except turret engi which keeps getting buffed)

in PvP

Posted by: Eggyokeo.9705

Eggyokeo.9705

this funny,

somthing is new, a cant deal with it ahhhhhhh.

in PvP

Dahkeus.8243

^ Case in point, lol.

and often times people are correct. If you’ve played for a while, you’ll remember thieves at launch, D/D ele, spirit ranger, mm necro, hambow, decap engi, and turret engi all having issues at some point. The end result? All those got nerfed at some point (except turret engi which keeps getting buffed)

And sometimes they didn’t! Remember when they said that the S/D nerf would kill S/D (happened at least twice)? Remember when people said that Power Block would make mesmers OP? Remember when people said that Diamond Skin would make eles invincible?

in PvP

Posted by: Cam Ron.4170

Cam Ron.4170

^ Case in point, lol.

And sometimes they didn’t! Remember when they said that the S/D nerf would kill S/D (happened at least twice)? Remember when people said that Power Block would make mesmers OP? Remember when people said that Diamond Skin would make eles invincible?

lol, go try S/D thief now

in PvP

Dahkeus.8243

^ Case in point, lol.

I can’t comment on S/D now, nor will I, but I’m referring to when people said it was “dead” last patch within the first week…and then ended up being the meta again with people like Sizer running it successfully in high end tournaments.

People also said the same thing when they took the stun break off of Inf Strike (the patch before that if I remember correctly), but it continued to be the meta build.

in PvP

Elfindale.4836

^ Case in point, lol.

I can’t comment on S/D now, nor will I, but I’m referring to when people said it was “dead” last patch within the first week…and then ended up being the meta again with people like Sizer running it successfully in high end tournaments.

People also said the same thing when they took the stun break off of Inf Strike (the patch before that if I remember correctly), but it continued to be the meta build.

with all this ranger thing going on I kind of miss the old s/d, even I main a mesmer.

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Map awareness and LoS is hard.

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Map awareness and LoS is hard.

Especially when trying to see those teeny-tiny little arrows in a fight full of particle effects.

in PvP

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

now the pew pew pew is stronger then ever! not like it wasnt annoying enough before~
not sure how a ranged zerker can how dps a melee.

I’m not against ranger buffing at all, in fact i don’t care

all i find funny is that they dear to buff ranger damage that much but still wants to tweak little by little warrior’s greatsword. how they shaved the buff by 50% and added a overall damage nerfed was beyond me.

not like the weapon was any good in pvp anyway.

in PvP

Posted by: Exeon.4358

Exeon.4358

The damage is absurdly OP considering it’s ranged damage, thief dual wielding in the beta wasn’t this bad.

Then again I’m having fun on a pistol/shield engineer, 10K burst damage? thanks I’ll reflect it right back at your face.

in PvP

Elfindale.4836

just imagine 100b in your face from 1500 beyond, within 2.5 sec, 1.25 if hasted, thank you

in PvP

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

Anet failed miserably yet again, trying to buff greatsword but no in the end, greatsword is still a piece of kitten

and just like every other patch, nerf the warrior as a whole, while buffing hambow. that sigil of impact. not like other warrior builds werent bad enough compare to hambow or anything right?

GG. also warrior has no choice to use adrenaline focused trait now, not like we weren’t already forced to use them pre patch.

thats how they bring build diversity to the table, great job, i’ll stuck to log on every two weeks for living story, this pvp is just weak.

i assume they just change stuff and see how it goes then will buff later, but then, it will be another kitten 5 month for another feature patch. GG anet, GG.

in PvP

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

i don’t see the problem. i killed like 15 pewpews in 2 matches, sometimes there were even two of them. pewpew is so squishy, it hurts

Ayaílla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]

in PvP

Posted by: NonToxic.9185

NonToxic.9185

Any ranger built to be truly scary at range either needs to pray for a pet disable combo or will die when I get close. On any class.

in PvP

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

So much noobing QQ…

THE DAMAGE IS THE SAME. ONLY THE CAST TIME WAS INCREASED.

It is now easier to dodge/evade the whole channel.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in PvP

Posted by: exii.8913

exii.8913

I had extremly bad experiences with pewpew’ers. We came with 3 (2 ranger+me on mesmer; didnt use time warp) ppl in the mid (against 3) and it literally took 3-4 secs until every of them were downed.

I decided to try full reflect mesmer a couple of games with 13 secs of reflect skills (the warden often is too misplaced so I don’t count it) and it often still was not enough to force the rangers to melee.
The actually dps from this distance (remember: RANGE) is absurd.

Will quit when the addon appears. Wont pay for turrets, cele amulet and shoutbow meta trash.

(edited by exii.8913)

in PvP

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

They are a bit over the top now. Too much damage applied with too little skill with too little risk.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in PvP

Posted by: IcerXx.3670

IcerXx.3670

I love all the tears, rangers are SUPPOSED to be the strongest ranged combatants, we rely on our pets, and given the kitten poor AI and lack of useful controls for the pets, we’re significantly missing our peak performance, but oh hey, rangers are finally what EVERY OTHER CLASS WAS, FOR 2 kittenING YEARS, BETTER NERF THEM AGAIN.

Stromgarde-[STRM]
Icer Xx
Maguuma

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

I love all the tears, rangers are SUPPOSED to be the strongest ranged combatants, we rely on our pets, and given the kitten poor AI and lack of useful controls for the pets, we’re significantly missing our peak performance, but oh hey, rangers are finally what EVERY OTHER CLASS WAS, FOR 2 kittenING YEARS, BETTER NERF THEM AGAIN.

Every other class can pew pew pew people in 3 hits ? What game have you been playing ? On a more serious note,there is something terribly wrong with the dmg output from rangers ( Think back to the pet dmg increase patch,that got nerfed really fast )..in this case,they just messed up..yet again.

in PvP

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

What I am gathering from all this is that people don’t like ranged options and want to go back to when you couldn’t kill anyone unless you were right up in their face.

I don’t want to play Melee Wars 2 again. It was awful.

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

As an experienced PvPer, the best Elementalist Guild Wars has ever seen. With 2,000 hours on my lovely Elementalist (am I clear that I am not biased to Rangers yet?) I can safely say.

Rangers are legit now.

Granted, they are the new faceroll class but at least they aren’t as annoying as Warriors with CC, Pin Down and the ever present annoying as hell Berserker Stance and Endure Pain. THANKS FOR DELAYING YOUR INEVITABLE DEATH BADDIE, EVERY, FREAKING, FIGHT!

I’ll take faceroll rangers over Turret Spamgineers, Hambows and Lich Form Necroderps.

As an experienced PvPer, I can only say about the ranger buff is-

Get good. It’s a faceroll gimmick that is better than yours, get good.

Now onto a real balance issue with the new aura rune and Elementalists. I’m pretty sure a 12 second Fire Aura combined with a Light Aura applying 1000 damage of burning and retaliation each time I get hit is not legit. Consdering I’m a tanky Celestial D/D kitten, with this rune most of my damage is now from being hit rather than hitting.

(edited by Nova Stiker.8396)

in PvP

Posted by: Domino.1359

Domino.1359

You people are exceptionally vague to the damage output of ranger pre-patch – IT WAS EXACTLY THE SAME. Caps because this is silly. Minor tweaks. I’ve played it for 2 years and there is little surprise to what I am seeing on my output.

Most didn’t realize this because there wasn’t many successful power rangers running in spvp/tpvp. I can count on my hands how many I’ve seen within the last 10 months.

This ranger flood will soon quiet down, so please relax, turn on reflect and DODGE our rapid fire. It’s not that hard.

in PvP

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Something being UP in the past does not justify it being OP in the present (this is not claiming that rangers are OP, but I just wanted to put that out there).

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in PvP

Posted by: adozu.6398

adozu.6398

the damage total of the skill might have been the same, but the dps has been doubled.

“you can dodge it easier now what’s to complain about?” isn’t really a valid argument, it’s not like after the rapid fire channel the ranger has a windup time of 2 seconds where he can’t use other skills.

let’s say 100b had half the casting time it has now, would people just say “damage is the same, it’s easier to dodge it now”

in PvP

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

Wow, so don’t change the damage output at all, and just increase the speed at which the damage is done, and all of a sudden the end of the world has occurred.

Truthfully, Rapid Fire used to be MORE guaranteed damage against a target because it cast longer and slower, so more of the arrows hit, dealing more damage to a target even with dodges.

NOW, the same skill, DOING THE SAME DAMAGE, has had its dodge priority changed because it happens in a faster time frame, and people start losing their minds, drooling all over their keyboard, desperately trying to remember how they were able to deal with any form of burst damage in the past.

Here’s a hint: They added a dodgeroll trainer to the game. So remember, just when you think something like this is OP, open up your keyboard settings and make sure your dodge is mapped to an easily accessible location, and then utilize said skill appropriately, like when a burst skill comes flying at your face.

Also, another pro tip, if you can’t react to a skill that at its base casts for more than 2 seconds (most of you probably let the whole prepatch rapid fire hit you and thought it was an autoattack or shrugged it off, because it cast so slow, even though you took the SAME total damage from the skill), then maybe this little word called “practice” comes into play.

To the few well known player who have already posted and might take my response as an attack, it isn’t, it’s a generic response. I’m assuming, for those I recognize, that you guys are just having an extreme kneejerk reaction or bought a new mouse and haven’t figured out which button your dodge is mapped to yet. Or, perhaps there is some saltiness that other peoples mains didn’t get the same love that this class did.

When everybody stops freaking out and remembers that they can dodge attacks and glass rangers still die to a breeze, people will be laughing about how they had such a huge kneejerk reaction over such a small Quality of Life improvement (previously, Rapid Fire did the same DPS as just shooting the autoattack and there was no reason to use it unless trying to get faster sigil procs or to stack vuln and was a bad skill).

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in PvP

Posted by: gartz.7013

gartz.7013

so this is what it feels like for a bunker engi to get killed in 2 seconds vrs 1 person?

solo cheese engi/ex teef

in PvP

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

The thing is, ranged weapons need that spike damage just as much as melee does because of the way GW2 is designed. A ranged damage class needs to have distance between them and their target to be successful, but GW2 has so many gap closers, invulnerability sklls, blocks, evades, reflection, etc. that it’s just not plausible to kite anyone. Even the enemies who run with two sets of melee weapons don’t really suffer much for having a limited range because of how handily they can close the distance and brush off attacks until it happens. That’s why longbow wasn’t viable before and it’s why longbow is still so easily countered. Only now longbow can at least punish players for not paying attention or just ignoring the ranger’s presence, and has the damage output to at least weaken the enemy before the distance is closed.

in PvP

Posted by: Xiroth.9517

Xiroth.9517

Every other class can pew pew pew people in 3 hits ? What game have you been playing ? On a more serious note,there is something terribly wrong with the dmg output from rangers ( Think back to the pet dmg increase patch,that got nerfed really fast )..in this case,they just messed up..yet again.

I’m guessing you’ve never been backstabbed for over 7k, or hit by a warrior for over 8k… do you even PvP?

At least with rapid fire you can dodge roll the 2nd half of it to mitigate the damage down to around 4k. It’s not that hard.