returning player, few questions.

in PvP

Posted by: lolzertank.1928

lolzertank.1928

So I havent played GW2 since it came out almost, especially the PVP.. and I don’t quite understand something. Does all of our gear scale to 80 now? I remember having to have seperate pvp gear when you enter the mists and seperate when you leave like your regular questing gear..

Are there no stats on our gear/weapons now. Our stats are just on the trinkets and sigils for our weapons? what about our weapon types, no sword is better than any other? just a bit confusing if someone could explain this all i would be very grateful. thanks!

Also there are no sigils added to armor? i remember looking at the shopkeeps and buying pvp items and sigils and adding them to my armor and stuff.. now its just the pvp armor tab? the hero tab is irrelevant?

(edited by lolzertank.1928)

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Currently, PvP and PvE gear carry over to one another. You essentually wear the same stuff and have the same look(s) from one the the other. The difference is PvP does not look at your gear’s stats. As an example, no sword is better than another sword in PvP. Its just the “looks” that may be considered better. All your stats come from your PvP gearset, which can be accessed by clicking on the helmet at the top of your UI while you are in the HOTM. There, you can swap sigils, runes, amulets, and traits. These, however, will not carry over to PvE. If you use different weapons in PvE than PvP, you will have to swap them every time you go between the two.

Hopefully I covered everything. Let me know if you have any more questions.

NSPride <3

in PvP

lolzertank.1928

Currently, PvP and PvE gear carry over to one another. You essentually wear the same stuff and have the same look(s) from one the the other. The difference is PvP does not look at your gear’s stats. As an example, no sword is better than another sword in PvP. Its just the “looks” that may be considered better. All your stats come from your PvP gearset, which can be accessed by clicking on the helmet at the top of your UI while you are in the HOTM. There, you can swap sigils, runes, amulets, and traits. These, however, will not carry over to PvE. If you use different weapons in PvE than PvP, you will have to swap them every time you go between the two.

Hopefully I covered everything. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thank you! you were very helpful.

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

The hero tab is relevant only a bit. Basically what you equip there will be the same in pvp, however it does not affect your stats at all, you just choose a weapon type. It got easier now so you can just use whatever you want as long as you have your weapons and armour that cannot be hidden equiped. While you used to have separate gear sets for pvp and pve/wvw, your level actually never mattered in pvp. Everyone has access to all skills and most traits, while having the same stats. Hence why it’s called structured pvp.

Stats from weapons and armour got merged into an amulet of your pick. Futhermore, you can/have to choose sigils for your weapons and runes for your armour. You used to be able to mix several different types of runes, however now you only can pick one type. This all is done from the pvp build interface.

And yes, as said above, there are still runes for armour, they were never sigils

in PvP

lolzertank.1928

The hero tab is relevant only a bit. Basically what you equip there will be the same in pvp, however it does not affect your stats at all, you just choose a weapon type. It got easier now so you can just use whatever you want as long as you have your weapons and armour that cannot be hidden equiped. While you used to have separate gear sets for pvp and pve/wvw, your level actually never mattered in pvp. Everyone has access to all skills and most traits, while having the same stats. Hence why it’s called structured pvp.

Stats from weapons and armour got merged into an amulet of your pick. Futhermore, you can/have to choose sigils for your weapons and runes for your armour. You used to be able to mix several different types of runes, however now you only can pick one type. This all is done from the pvp build interface.

And yes, as said above, there are still runes for armour, they were never sigils

awesome thanks .. but the runes for your armor are pve only right? I dont see an option to add runes to armor in the pvp interface. Like we used to be able to, so i guess like you said. Only one now lol.. now that i get it I actually like this way better. much simpler

in PvP

Laraley.7695

awesome thanks .. but the runes for your armor are pve only right? I dont see an option to add runes to armor in the pvp interface. Like we used to be able to, so i guess like you said. Only one now lol.. now that i get it I actually like this way better. much simpler

Nope, they are for pvp, too. Right next to your amulet, you have a slot for runes.

in PvP

lolzertank.1928

Nope, they are for pvp, too. Right next to your amulet, you have a slot for runes.

Oh I know I have one slot for one rune. if thats what you meant, but not like one for each piece of armor. like they used to, thats what I meant lol.

in PvP

Laraley.7695

Oh I know I have one slot for one rune. if thats what you meant, but not like one for each piece of armor. like they used to, thats what I meant lol.

You pick a rune type, you still get all 6 bonuses. As I said you cannot combine them anymore, but you still have 6 runes, they just have to be the same type.

in PvP

lolzertank.1928

You pick a rune type, you still get all 6 bonuses. As I said you cannot combine them anymore, but you still have 6 runes, they just have to be the same type.

OH I get you now. makes sense