rifle viable for tournaments (warrior)

in PvP

Posted by: Mindroach.6149

Mindroach.6149

Q:

Hello,
I’m sure we all can agree that the rifle is a dying breed, right? Here are some ideas that I think would make it a more viable tool.
1. Increase Bleeding Shot’s attack speed by 30-50%
2. Aimed Shot immobilizes enemies for 1 second and applies 5 seconds of 50% movement impairment.
3. Volley always penetrates through enemies with or without the trait.
4. Brutal Shot no longer has a cast time (instant) and removes 1 boon from your enemy target.
5. Rifle Butt will have you lunge (increasing the rang to 350) towards the enemy and then butt them for a 1 second knock back.
6. Cast time of Kill Shot reduced to 1 second instead of 1 3/4 time.
Please let me know what you think of my ideas and feel free to pitch your own ideas here. Let’s get the devs attention, thanks!

in PvP

Posted by: vorpal.1497

vorpal.1497

Rifle does need a little help, but none of these suggestions are what it needs IMO. Especially #5… if anything you’d want it to be a leap backward.

Well, getting rid of the cast time on #4 would be nice, but I dont think it needs the boon strip (there’s a sigil for that). I think just the Crack Shot trait needs something more interesting.

in PvP

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

I would rather see rifle #1 reworked as a pure power skill. Longbow has DoT conditions on 3 skills. It’s odd that rifles #1 is so heavily weighted towards bleeding.

in PvP

Mindroach.6149

Rifle does need a little help, but none of these suggestions are what it needs IMO. Especially #5… if anything you’d want it to be a leap backward.

Well, getting rid of the cast time on #4 would be nice, but I dont think it needs the boon strip (there’s a sigil for that). I think just the Crack Shot trait needs something more interesting.

Leap back for a knock back? I don’t see that working :/, but maybe the Crack Shot trait becoming passive, as far as the piercing goes, that would help us out with support damage when it comes to large groups. Even if volley were that way, you’d use and then just strafe and get a good hit on the enemies in the capture point.

in PvP

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

Leap back for a knock back? I don’t see that working :/

Engineer has something similar on their rifle. It actually knocks the engineer back but launches the foe.

in PvP

Mindroach.6149

Leap back for a knock back? I don’t see that working :/

Engineer has something similar on their rifle. It actually knocks the engineer back but launches the foe.

Ah, true!

in PvP

Posted by: Conan.8046

Conan.8046

Engineer rifle first.