sPvP Class Tier List: - Updated 6/30

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Necromancers suffer because of the weakness to CC and low mobility.

The weakness to CC means Necromancers can never be the team’s main bunker, and even tanky builds can have trouble with taking too much focus (especially with low LF) without the team there to peel a little. It also means you can’t usually get stomps or resses off in team fights, so often you will see a few people down, and the only thing you can do is DPS the crap out of the people ressing and hope thats enough.

Low mobility means Necros on back point is sub-par, despite having multiple builds that would make the class great back there otherwise. It also means a Necro (in general) can’t roam well, and so either has to sit with the team, or on/near a point.

Unfortunately a lot of people don’t try to make any builds that aren’t just plain conditions, which means a lot of people never realize our potential in other situations (and this happens in every class).

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Posted by: Quartz.3462

Quartz.3462

Personally I don’t feel that rangers are S tier. I’d say they are A tier and in a pretty good spot overall.

And I think necromancer is better than thief. But warrior still bottom.

in PvP

Posted by: SchiTown.7598

SchiTown.7598

I don’t think rangers are S-tier simply because they are replaceable in a lot of team compositions. They are definitely incredibly strong, and being able to reliably win any 1v1 is more useful than it may seem, but sometimes it makes sense to sub the ranger out for an engi or a thief. I feel l like guardian, ele, and mesmer are top tier in that these three classes commonly make up the core of teams and are so essential. Portal tactics are extremely powerful, and ele/guardian arguably bring the best mix of damage, defense, and utility to team fights. I’d say ranger, thief, and engineer make up the tier below those 3, and necro+war are bottom tier. Does necro deserve to be lumped with wars? Most people would probably argue they don’t, but I feel like necros don’t do anything stronger than another class. Wars have the problem in that they just can’t pick that many fights. In team fights they are focused too easily as they have to be in the middle of things to get their damage off. In 1v1’s they are weak as well. They can be alright in small skirmishes between that though, but they really rely on opponents making mistakes.

Spoon Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Demonsoul.9271

Demonsoul.9271

Overall I agree with this, which is kind of surprising.

I think Ranger and Necro could both use a negative sign, but I suppose that’s debatable.

Thankfully this tier list isn’t as significant as one would be in other games; typically the bottom tier is practically unplayable while the top tier is required for any top team (or makes any team an instant top team). I honestly don’t think there’s a huge disparity between Warriors and Rangers, though there is obviously a gap there. Only one Ranger build is really over the top, and that’s only based on it’s 1v1 capabilities. Warriors can still be very successful in pubs. I mean, really, the teams in the last tournament’s finals had only one ranger and they also had one warrior. While that isn’t an argument to prove balance, it clearly demonstrates how small the disparity currently is.

The only reason Rangers are currently S-tier, is because of the meta I think. A meta change-up to afford less dueling would really shuffle everything around, bringing Guardians and Eles up significantly, while hitting Mesmers and Rangers hard. It would even bring warriors up due to their sheer firepower and the possible support.

Just some food for thought.

(edited by Demonsoul.9271)

in PvP

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

Post patch:

Tier S
nada

Tier A
BM Ranger = Engi = Ele = Guard = Thief

Tier B
Necro

Tier C
Warrior

Honestly all classes have a place in tourneys at the moment depending on comp and playstyle. I haven’t seen the game more balanced and diverse in builds (for most classes) as it is at the moment.

I really couldn’t be happier with where the game is going

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

in PvP

Posted by: Mausser.7530

Mausser.7530

Post patch:

Tier S
nada

Tier A
BM Ranger = Engi = Ele = Guard = Thief

Tier B
Necro

Tier C
Warrior

Honestly all classes have a place in tourneys at the moment depending on comp and playstyle. I haven’t seen the game more balanced and diverse in builds (for most classes) as it is at the moment.

I really couldn’t be happier with where the game is going

You forgot Mesmers Ostrrich : P . I don’t know why people rank Necro over Warrior. They’re both in the same state right now. I’ve seen some good aggressive Warriors popping up lately.

in PvP

Posted by: SchiTown.7598

SchiTown.7598

You forgot Mesmers Ostrrich : P . I don’t know why people rank Necro over Warrior. They’re both in the same state right now. I’ve seen some good aggressive Warriors popping up lately.

Personally I think warriors are weak, but they will gain more respect as people improve at the game. Their play style is much less forgiving of mistakes than any other profession imo (gs/axe+shield).

Spoon Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Earthmonkey.4326

Earthmonkey.4326

…Warrior is one of the easiest professions to play.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

I really don’t know why ppl think necro is so up…hotjoin or just trolling? A necro can own your whole team during a teamfight if you don’t keep an eye on him + rez…really far from being useless…just stop going minion master crap/hotzerg maybe..

(edited by Archaon.6245)

in PvP

Posted by: Julius.1094

Julius.1094

Personally I think warriors are weak, but they will gain more respect as people improve at the game. Their play style is much less forgiving of mistakes than any other profession imo (gs/axe+shield).

They are weak, people have explored a lot of builds, they are still weak. The class can do a lot of damage at close range and even mid range with LB. However, warrior is stuck in a situation where it HAS to kill something either quickly or by chaining CC because it has very little defense and cannot last in a fight against most classes at equal skill. The extent of a warrior’s defense is a good starting health pool and armor, but that’s not sustainable defense, once the health goes down it’s down. Warrior healing is really weak, specially with a large health pool reliance which makes the effective healing of warrior heals lower than they would be for a class with a lower health pool but more built in defenses. When you add to that how difficult it is to remove condis on warriors… and they’re just too easy to kill. Warriors also struggle to escape quickly, yes GS and S have good movement skills but they aren’t instant like teleport and many classes can keep up, not to mention the reliance on that mobility really limits weapon selection for warriors. With the absence of stealth, build in dodges/blocks (shield block is good but you aren’t doing anything while that block is up, unlike a guardian’s focus for example, mace MH is weak as is sword OH, whirlwind is the only dodge on attack ability) or a good “oh kitten invul” button (endure pain is UP, the CD is too long and the fact it does not work against condis, which is what the warrior struggles the most against, is awful).

So overall, the only way a warrior shines at the moment is if it gets lots of team support and a bursts people down fast before they have a chance to focus him. Support/condi builds for warriors aren’t truly viable (in comparison to other classes in a similar role) because the warrior doesn’t have enough sustain to carry out a slow damage build. Overall they have a VERY limited and non self sufficient role.

Vidallis – 50 Shades of Pink – Engi/Warrior

(edited by Julius.1094)

in PvP

Posted by: Scryar.2954

Scryar.2954

Tier S
-

Tier A
+ Engineer
+ Ranger
+ Guardian
=Mesmer
– Elementalist

Tier B
+ Thief
= Necro

Tier C
+ Warrior

WvsW smallscale & tpvp
Champion- Magus, Shadow, Illusionist, Hunter

in PvP

Posted by: Oni Link.4621

Oni Link.4621

Suggestion: Change list name from patch number to patch day. ArenaNet calls its own patch with day of release and it will be easier for users to recognize it.

in PvP

Posted by: MightyMe.1356

MightyMe.1356

Really curious how rangers are rated S,can anyone explain?
I know they have some very good bunker BM builds,but other than that the typical ranger is not that good in Tpvp…at least I always seem to better them,and that’s on mu thief,my Mesmer just eats them alive.
Again,not underestimating rangers, specifically BM bunker ones, these guys deserve the rank.

in PvP

Posted by: faeral.7120

faeral.7120

BM has been strong since day 1 release. the most powerful upgrade this build received was months ago when pet AI was updated to initiate attacks at closer than max attack range.

the buff to SoWild mildly increases teamfight potential, since your jag can assist on focus w/ stab + stealth with the Regen close to active again by the time the Ranger is engaged directly.

of note, zero Rangers made it to Finals in MotM.

in PvP

Posted by: Copenhagen.7015

Copenhagen.7015

BM has been strong since day 1 release. the most powerful upgrade this build received was months ago when pet AI was updated to initiate attacks at closer than max attack range.

the buff to SoWild mildly increases teamfight potential, since your jag can assist on focus w/ stab + stealth with the Regen close to active again by the time the Ranger is engaged directly.

But they did make it to the semi finals. Plus Symbolic for Paradigm wasn’t playing. Could have been an different outcome as the sub for Symbolic was making poor decisions. IMO the only thing making Rangers OP are their pets ability to deal huge damage while the Ranger kites and keeps himself alive. They shouldn’t be able to bunker + deal massive damage, there should be a trade off similar to every other class.

in PvP

Posted by: cuasilk.6927

cuasilk.6927

But they did make it to the semi finals. Plus Symbolic for Paradigm wasn’t playing. Could have been an different outcome as the sub for Symbolic was making poor decisions. IMO the only thing making Rangers OP are their pets ability to deal huge damage while the Ranger kites and keeps himself alive. They shouldn’t be able to bunker + deal massive damage, there should be a trade off similar to every other class.

BM bunker specced ranger has almost zero group utility, I think that’s a trade off.

in PvP

Posted by: Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

I really don’t know why ppl think necro is so up…hotjoin or just trolling? A necro can own your whole team during a teamfight if you don’t keep an eye on him + rez…really far from being useless…just stop going minion master crap/hotzerg maybe..

I’ll help. I’ve played over 500 tPvP matches since the ladder started recording, so no, this is not from a Hot Join perspective.

You have overstated the value of Epidemic by saying that "A necro can own your whole team during a teamfight if you don’t keep an eye on him ". It is a strong skill, but the trade-off is that you get sub optimal condition application in the first place and a build that relies on Epidemic requires large team fights on node to be really effective. If the opponent goes 2-2-1, then just about every 2-2 or 1-1 that they get the necro engaged in should go their way (assuming no mistakes). If 2 players focus the necro, then he will die and die quickly. No escape and very little means of extending the encounter, so the 2-2 with a necro in it quickly becomes a 2-1.

The rez on Necro is awesome. No argument there. It also isn’t awesome enough to justify bringing a class that:
1) cannot provide DPS on par with other classes as the necro is sub optimal in both conditions and DD
2) cannot bunker as well as other classes due to weakness against CC, lack of knockbacks, blocks, vigor, invuln, aegis, sustained healing, endurance regen traits, inability to apply variety of boons in general with comparable up times to others
3) completely lacks the mobility to roam
4) lacks the ability to consistently win 1v1’s on close point or do anything off the point due to lack of mobility (point gets decapped if you leave the circle by pretty much any class/build)
5) cannot disengage from an unfavorable encounter unless the opponent allows them or makes a mistake

It isn’t that Necromancer can’t do anything well, it is that they can’t perform any of the important roles in a conquest match as well as anyone else. You can make a Necromancer successful if you build a team around it, but once built that way you sacrifice the flexibility to alter your core strategy on the fly in a match due to a lack of flexibility (like Warrior the Necro essentially needs a babysitter). I’m not saying that Warrior is in a better state than Necro (because it isn’t), but at least if you take a Warrior+babysitter combo you get some wildly effective killing power out of it. Necro gives you odd utility with unusual mechanics by comparison that can be wildly effective (like winning the occasional 2v3), but everything for a Necromancer is so situational thakitten just makes it extremely hard to make sense of using one.

Hopefully that clears it up for you, but if not, then let me know what role a necro is playing on your team.

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

Most classes die fast if two people focus the class. Necro has the highest hp table + DS. If you try to kill a hgh engineer or a necro you will kill the engineer twice or tree times before the necro goes down.

in PvP

Posted by: papaganoosh.7908

papaganoosh.7908

Most classes die fast if two people focus the class. Necro has the highest hp table + DS. If you try to kill a hgh engineer or a necro you will kill the engineer twice or tree times before the necro goes down.

Don’t know what kind of broke kitten HGH engi’s you’ve been fighting :P

To add my input though, you need to make a Tier below Warrior and then put Warrior in it. Poor warrior

in PvP

Lupanic.6502

Don’t know what kind of broke kitten HGH engi’s you’ve been fighting :P

To add my input though, you need to make a Tier below Warrior and then put Warrior in it. Poor warrior

yes because 17k HP, solid toughness and mighty two dodges are so hard to kill.

in PvP

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

hgh is harder to kill than necro…Stunbreak, access to prot(random),vigor,regen ,cond removal and most important massive pressure.He can chill poison blleed and burn your life away in 1 grenade spam and in AOE. With necro cond cleansing is manageable but with engie low life classes either dodge perfectly or they die cause nothing in the game can counter cleanse that often that much.Plus he gets to cover with vunlnerability etc the bleed and burn
Btw I really hate when people (not you :P ) still try to push the “engie is up/got it hard” when thats not the case at all atm..He has 2 powerfull builds and no option??
Fine so is every other class only some got only 1 and others none

in PvP

Lupanic.6502

hgh is harder to kill than necro…Stunbreak, access to prot(random),vigor,regen ,cond removal and most important massive pressure.He can chill poison blleed and burn your life away in 1 grenade spam and in AOE. With necro cond cleansing is manageable but with engie low life classes either dodge perfectly or they die cause nothing in the game can counter cleanse that often that much.Plus he gets to cover with vunlnerability etc the bleed and burn
Btw I really hate when people (not you :P ) still try to push the “engie is up/got it hard” when thats not the case at all atm..He has 2 powerfull builds and no option??
Fine so is every other class only some got only 1 and others none

I am not telling that the HGH needs more stuff or is weak (please remove the randomness on my skills). But I do not like if the all people cry that the necro is easy to kill because it is not. Engineer has random access to prot OR vigor OR regen at the same time. Grenades are not easy to hit. It is not like I press random buttons and hit someone. Even top player miss a good amount of grenades.

It is true that the massive pressure it the best defense but it is useless if 2 or more people are on you. And this was the example.

Necro has also access to protection (Spectral Wall,Ritual of Protection+well of Blood, Spectral Armor and necro is able to take Superior Rune of the Forge, HGH can not),
Necro has also access to stunbreaker. Of course you will not take all possibilities in one build. But spectral armor is possible as a stunbreaker + protection.

And…. fear.

in PvP

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

Everything Else > Warrior

[WM]give us in game ladder

in PvP

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

S -

A -
Ranger +
Guardian+
Engineer +
Mesmer +
Thief =
Elementalist -

B -
Warrior +
Necromancer +

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

in PvP

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

I love that this thread is still going on.

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in PvP

Posted by: Sol Haer.5187

Sol Haer.5187

I love that this thread is still going on.

The monster is tired of hiding under the bed.

Birch Bruiser, Crystal Desert’s #1 Albino Sylvari Warrior.

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

I think this so called “tier list” just shows how ignorant people are.

Ranger suddenly went from rank B to rank S because a slight buff (about 2000 hp only) in cats and dogs? (Pets that are most used in PVP)

Let me tell you this:
Rangers are WAYYYYY STRONGER back when the game first released.
Rangers is one of the classes that got nerfed the most since launch.
It clearly was a rank A if not S class back then, can instantly stack up to 25 stacks of bleed on every pet switch, in addition to all the evades and CC pets provide.

The first nerf that ranger received was the infamous short bow attack speed nerf.
Rangers got hurt so much that people start calling them useless class around the forum. Probably placed like tier B or even C in your current standard.

Then ranger got a slight buff of signet of hunt that increases the ranger’s mobility, making it able to roam more easily. At that time, ranger probably deserve a B rank.

And suddenly people find out this infamous 2 traps build + 2 CC dog, and boom, ranger becomes a rank A class without any buffs whatsoever.
However, I think it’s very deserving and justifiable, and this is what ranger really belongs to at the first place.
People were just being ignorant at first, did not discovered ranger’s strength.

However, 2 months ago ranger got hit again, and a very kittene:
Quickness nerf, as well as a nerf in pet’s CC capability.
Now ranger got even worse burst than before. The quickness stomp and quickness rev also becomes much less viable and significantly weaker.
In addition to these nerfs, pets also got nerfed greatly since their skills do not recharged upon switching pet. Ranger back then can easily do 2 knock downs and 1 fear every 16 to 20 seconds because of this mechanic, and now it’s no-more.
So the ranger’s tier dropped down to B, which is reasonable.

And now the patch everyone’s been hot about, ranger’s pet’s hp got a slight buff!
Oh, they only buff the birds, cats, and dogs hp by like 2000, now suddenly they’re stronger than a warrior…
Just.. that just…. wow…
It is still ALOT weaker than the patch before the pet’s CC nerf
yet people being crazy about it…

Signet of stone, wild buff?
Seriously? Any bunker/trap/beast ranger use signet of stone?
Signet of wild buff? Anyone really activate it for the damage?

The quickness and short bow nerf do not get any compensation, the CC on pets does not get any compensation, traps and signets are still the same, and people suddenly call ranger a S rank class?

I think people are just being delusional…
They thought too much about the highlighted class of the week and just stick on it, cursing it, without understanding that nothing has really changed, and the only thing that change is their perspective of looking things.
Maybe ranger was a rank S rank in their mind all along before this patch, and they just focus too much on the infamous ele to not figure out their true feeling.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

in PvP

Posted by: Blackhat.4016

Blackhat.4016

I think this so called “tier list” just shows how ignorant people are.

Ranger suddenly went from rank B to rank S because a slight buff (about 2000 hp only) in cats and dogs? (Pets that are most used in PVP)

Let me tell you this:
Rangers are WAYYYYY STRONGER back when the game first released.
Rangers is one of the classes that got nerfed the most since launch.
It clearly was a rank A if not S class back then, can instantly stack up to 25 stacks of bleed on every pet switch, in addition to all the evades and CC pets provide.

The first nerf that ranger received was the infamous short bow attack speed nerf.
Rangers got hurt so much that people start calling them useless class around the forum. Probably placed like tier B or even C in your current standard.

Then ranger got a slight buff of signet of hunt that increases the ranger’s mobility, making it able to roam more easily. At that time, ranger probably deserve a B rank.

And suddenly people find out this infamous 2 traps build + 2 CC dog, and boom, ranger becomes a rank A class without any buffs whatsoever.
However, I think it’s very deserving and justifiable, and this is what ranger really belongs to at the first place.
People were just being ignorant at first, did not discovered ranger’s strength.

However, 2 months ago ranger got hit again, and a very kittene, the quickness nerf, as well as pet’s CC capability.
Now ranger got even worse burst than before. The quickness stomp and quickness rev also becomes much less viable and significantly weaker.
In addition to these nerfs, pets also got nerfed greatly since their skills do not recharged upon switching pet. Ranger back then can easily do 2 knock downs and 1 fear every 16 to 20 seconds because of this mechanic, and now it’s no-more.
So the ranger’s tier dropped down to B, which is reasonable.

And now the patch everyone’s been hot about, ranger’s pet’s hp got a slight buff!
Oh, they only buff the birds, cats, and dogs hp by like 2000, now suddenly they’re stronger than a warrior…
Just.. that just…. wow…
It is still ALOT weaker than the patch before the pet’s CC nerf and people being crazy about it…
Signet of stone, wild buff?
Seriously? Any bunker/trap/beast ranger use signet of stone?
Signet of wild buff? Anyone really activate it for the damage?

The quickness and short bow nerf do not get any compensation, the CC on pets does not get any compensation, traps and signets are still the same, and people suddenly call ranger a S rank class?

I think people are just being delusional…
They thought too much about the highlighted class of the week and just stick on it, cursing it, without understanding that nothing has really changed, and the only thing that change is their perspective of looking things.
Maybe it was a rank S class all along before this patch, they just focus too much on the infamous ele and didn’t notice it.

You already mentioned the reason in your last sentence.

Most people loved to complain about the D/D bunker back when it was considered OP. Look at some old sPvP threads. Most of them turn into an ele flame after the first few answers.

After a while Anet decided to nerf them for several months and suddenly people realize there are other good builds.

Tbh rangers are definitely top tier right now. Not because they suddenly got a huge buff but because most of the other top tier professions got nerfed quite a lot.

in PvP

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

Maybe it was a rank S class all along before this patch, they just focus too much on the infamous ele and didn’t notice it.

^I think that’s the big reason.

Also my list:

S -
A -
Ranger +
Mesmer +
Guardian=
Engineer =
Elementalist =
Thief =
B -
Necromancer +
Warrior -

in PvP

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

wow defektiv is warrior 33k views gg dude

[WM]give us in game ladder

in PvP

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Tier W:
Warrior.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in PvP

Posted by: Mijo.3274

Mijo.3274

Tier A
Engineer
Mesmer

Tier B
Elementalist
Ranger
Guardian

Tier C
Thief
Necro

Tier D
Warrior

Champion magus, 4 builds i use
R.I.P. my beloved Meh-Mer, the most hated class by ANET itself.
Winner of the first HxH 1v1 tournament! WOOT!

in PvP

Posted by: Erwin.5603

Erwin.5603

I feel like

Rangers

Elementalists

Mesmers

Engineers

Thiefs

Guardians

all are in a pretty good state and have their respective place in a tournament line up. Maybe some more ways to outplay bm rangers would be good, but overall great balance between those 6 prof. – they are pretty much in one tier (Tier B or however you wanna call it).

Warriors and Necros are not that good imo, they don’t see much high lvl tournament play and don’t really fit into the current playstyles. The Devs just need to come up with some idea to make those 2 prof. a soft counter to the current playstyles (Meta).
I would rate them both in a Tier below those 6 prof. , so like Tier C.

Fixi

in PvP

Posted by: papaganoosh.7908

papaganoosh.7908

Tier W:
Warrior.

<3 This

in PvP

Posted by: McFribble.2349

McFribble.2349

Hopefully the message is clear. Fix class balance before throwing down new content. But who am I kidding? You can’t sell balance on the gem store.

…or can you?

in PvP

Posted by: Agramon.4278

Agramon.4278

Here is my list,

1) Elementalist / great mobility, too much aoe and self healing, perma boon and good dps. This class is really op..

2) Ranger / Amazing regeneration and cond. damage, good defence with armor and utility skills

3) Mesmer / Nice mobility, amazing weapon skills, portal, burst dps with GS – cond. damage with Staff everything is fine with mesmer..

3) Thief / Amazing mobility, amazing burst dps, great stealth skills

4) Engineer / Easy full cond. damage play with grenade kit 1 1 1 1 and again 1, amazing stun abilities, good bunker

5) Guardian / not bad but every guards need a 1 more player for survive, if u leave him alone probably he’ll be dead..

6) Warrior / Highest HP in GW2, Highest Armor, amazing weapon skills with axe/shield + hammer, knockdown machine

7) Necromancer / Almost useless, many class better than necro about cond. damage, no mobility, no healing (think ranger,ele,guardian,engi..), no boon, no burst dps, no knockback-knockdown etc, useless corrupt skills cause every class can remove all conditions and gain boons again. too long cooldowns

(edited by Agramon.4278)

in PvP

Posted by: Sovta.4719

Sovta.4719

T1 ele, guardian, mesmer, engi, ranger
T2 necro, thief, warrior

T1 ele, guardian, mesmer, engi, ranger
T2 necro, thief
T3 bots, NPC, necro minions
T4 warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Ranger pet goes above warrior.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in PvP

Posted by: TheMightyAltroll.3485

TheMightyAltroll.3485

• S Tier
    Mesmer, Ranger
  • High Tier
    Elementalist, Thief
  • Mid Tier
    Engineer, Necromancer, Guardian, Ranger pet
  • Low Tier
    Warrior
Contact me ingame for Necro, Ranger, Mesmer, and Thief advice.

in PvP

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

S tier
None

A tier
ranger ,engie mes,guard thief ele all of them having great potential, being represented by many top teams etc

B tier
necro ,warrior not represented

Engi is too strong imo but due to not being faceroll will take a while before people start complaining ,ranger bm is faceroll but not that usefull due to lack of aoe and can be shut down ,s/d thief is annoying as hell and cheese while d/p is still used and very effective while requiring more skill,guard is still required for any serious team as mesmer and last ele role fell more to dps/ hybrid which is still i guess beneficial enough too not drop from team although now balanced compare to other top builds
In short its very stale imo.
Also its good to notice that the “op” classes suffer from the lack of build diversity as much if not more than the bottom 2 so i hope the devs do something overall rather than bandaid changes to make people use necro and warrior more.

in PvP

Posted by: Zoose.1640

Zoose.1640

S Tier
Ranger
Engineer

A Tier
= Mesmer
= Elementalist
- Guardian

B Tier
= Necromancer
= Thief
+ Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

My list is based on individual fights against r40+ opponents in a sPvP environement, in some cases I have listed the same profession more than once based on the build used.

S Tier
-Mesmer ( Phantasm build )

A Tier
+Thief ( S/D )
-Necromancer ( M/M)
+Engineer
=Mesmer ( All other builds)
=Guardian
-Ranger ( BM)

B Tier
=Ele (Bunker)
+Warrior ( stun lock)
=Thief ( d/d)
=Ranger ( All other builds)
=Necromancer ( Condiontionmancer)

C Tier
+Ele ( Burst)
=Warrior ( Burst)
-Necromancer ( power build)
-Thief ( Poison share and caltrops build)

in PvP

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

This is my list based on tPvP experience

S Tier
-none-

A Tier
=Guardian
=Engineer

B Tier
+Necromancer
=Elementalist
=Ranger
=Thief
=Mesmer

C Tier
=Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Amelia Knox.9362

Amelia Knox.9362

S Tier
Ranger Pet has to scale the ranger stat, and nef the healing now is just broken with the insane condi removal
Engineer Too much pressure

A Tier
= Mesmer
= Elementalist
- Guardian
= Thief minor buff
B Tier
= Necromancer Need a bit of rework
+ Warrior Need massive rework

[Dawn] Gandara
Guild Leader

in PvP

Posted by: hellraiser.6234

hellraiser.6234

S Tier
Ranger
Engineer

A Tier
= Mesmer
= Elementalist
- Guardian

B Tier
= Necromancer
= Thief
+ Warrior

+1
i think the same

in PvP

Posted by: Jman.2701

Jman.2701

IMO playing a hybrid guardian. This is just 1v1 wise.
S
None
A
Ranger+
Mesmer+
Elementalist=
Engineer=
Guardian=
B
Thief+
Necromancer-
Z
Warrior

Rangers are hard for me because of their ability to kite while dealing cond. damage plus there pet attacking. Also their regen healing is crazy. Mesmers have good burst with good healing but aren’t too bad if you can keep track of the real one and keep in melee range. The rest in the B class are pretty evenly matched 1v1. Thief is easier to handle. Necro 1v1 is usually pretty easy. Finally, the Warrior just needs to be fixed.

in PvP

Posted by: Poplolita.2638

Poplolita.2638

I would like to bump this thread now that the patch has been released 2 days ago. I don’t have enough experience to make a tier list, but I’m curious to know what you guys think would happen in this meta. Obviously, we all know necromancers are finally decent. Is it enough to be on par with professions such as mesmers, guardian, engineer or elem? It’s up to you!

in PvP

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Necro will still get CC’d/trained to the ground. Just give people time to recover from the new toys that don’t address the actual problems. Burning on the power line that rabid condi necros can’t gain access to, slight if not marginal increases to life force generation, etc.

The best part about the patch was change to spectral skills, life blast, and axe mastery being made master. But that’s all pretty much power necro stuff, and power necro’s problem wasn’t damage — it was getting gibbed.

in PvP

Posted by: Fenrir.5493

Fenrir.5493

OMG thieves only a bit up of warriors HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i guess we find out who mains a thief.

“We also realize that we can make mistakes but we dont care because I HAVE THE POWAAA!!”

in PvP

Posted by: Legacy.7360

Legacy.7360

S –
None

A –
Mesmers +
Necros =
Elementals =
Engineer =
Guardian(lack of closers is hurting this class) -

B –
Rangers =
Thief +
Warrior -

C –
None

This patch has made some drastic changes. Mesmer(confusion builds) are now what haunts me… whaaaat?? Necromancers are now a force to be recon with. They diffidently need to be respected, their Condition burst is now intense a la HGH Engi. Warriors still suffer, unless they play Condition builds. So here you have it. My thoughts.

Guardian <3
Dragon
Platinnum – Zerker Guardian