sPvP Class Tier List: - Updated 6/30

in PvP

Posted by: Enmity.3428

Enmity.3428

Just wanted to come out of my lurk mode for a bit and let you guys know that we are watching this thread on the balance team.

Keep it constructive, but keep going, we love reading the debate!

There’s not much debate on which class is the worst though, is there?

in PvP

Posted by: hamsteak.1368

hamsteak.1368

Just wanted to come out of my lurk mode for a bit and let you guys know that we are watching this thread on the balance team.

well these changes were fun while they lasted, it was nice feeling like i had a chance 1v1 on my necro for once

Auger Claw (PvE/Spvp) – Thief
Notalkingplz (PvE/Spvp) – Guardian
Rough Trade (PvE)/Urok Ashpaw (Spvp) – Engineer

in PvP

Posted by: TheMightyAltroll.3485

TheMightyAltroll.3485

Post patch:

• S Tier
    ++Necromancer
  • A Tier
    +Thief
    Mesmer
    -Ranger
  • B Tier
    +Engineer
    Guardian
    -Elementalist
  • C Tier
    -Warrior
  • D Tier
    None
Contact me ingame for Necro, Ranger, Mesmer, and Thief advice.

in PvP

Posted by: nakoda.4213

nakoda.4213

Im going to wait for the dust to settle, but all you peeps putting the engie so low are funny.

Eggs, im shocked. I know R was your baby, but this latch opened up myriad options for us.

Boundaries are for the effortless.
Benn E Violence :: 0/20/30/20/0
You kittens don’t even know what the prefix “meta” means.

in PvP

Posted by: Poplolita.2638

Poplolita.2638

Post patch:

• S Tier
    ++Necromancer
  • A Tier
    +Thief
    Mesmer
    -Ranger
  • B Tier
    +Engineer
    Guardian
    -Elementalist
  • C Tier
    -Warrior
  • D Tier
    None

The more I read you, the more I hardly take you seriously. Particularly since you clammed necromancer had one of the best bunker build pre patch. A “build” you didn’t want to reveal in fear arenaNet will nerf it. How ironic from you.

in PvP

Posted by: Godofallu.2935

Godofallu.2935

Im going to wait for the dust to settle, but all you peeps putting the engie so low are funny.

Eggs, im shocked. I know R was your baby, but this latch opened up myriad options for us.

Name 1 new trait which is actually good. Name 1 new utility that is good now.

Proud GW2 Esports Guild Admin and Coach. Whisper me for duels, help, or guild invites.

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

ofc you do! Just by reading the patch notes every 4-5 weeks, the first thing that comes to mind is:

_ “Man! they really do read the forums and are aware of what’s going on! they obviously know exactly what they are doing”_

shame the “forum” you read is not this one….

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Throw mine is still good. Elixir C is still good. Automated Response System is still good. Elixirs remove conditions.

in PvP

Posted by: Fomby.4295

Fomby.4295

It should all be balanced now, right? I mean, they did release the biggest balance patch yet….right? Right? RIGHT?

????????????????????????

Maguuma [PYRO]
Kal Snow – Norn Guardian

in PvP

Posted by: emon.1863

emon.1863

It should all be balanced now, right? I mean, they did release the biggest balance patch yet….right? Right? RIGHT?

????????

Well i am very happy with this patch, but it seems like am I am also the only one xD

in PvP

Posted by: hamsteak.1368

hamsteak.1368

healing mist breaks stuns

stabilized armor reduces incoming damage by 20% when knocked down or stunned

Auger Claw (PvE/Spvp) – Thief
Notalkingplz (PvE/Spvp) – Guardian
Rough Trade (PvE)/Urok Ashpaw (Spvp) – Engineer

in PvP

Posted by: Fomby.4295

Fomby.4295

????????

Well i am very happy with this patch, but it seems like am I am also the only one xD

Oh, that wasn’t supposed to be a negative comment. I too am relatively happy with it. However, I do think that mesmers and engis are still pretty powerful compared to other classes.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Kal Snow – Norn Guardian

in PvP

Posted by: Lachanche.6859

Lachanche.6859

Tier S
+ Necro

Tier A
= Mesmer
= Guardian
= Elementalist

Tier B
= Engineer
= Thief
= Ranger

not seen a single time during the italian tournament
= Warrior

When you have to focus a necro rather than a backstabber you know that necros are rank S.

in PvP

emon.1863

????????

Oh, that wasn’t supposed to be a negative comment. I too am relatively happy with it. However, I do think that mesmers and engis are still pretty powerful compared to other classes.

Ye saw some messmers that were pretty strong and engis with good healing. But overall personaly this is one of my favorite patches. Now every class is playable at least )

in PvP

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

• Tier A:
    + Necro
    + Mesmer
    + Engineer
    = Thief
    - Guardian
    - Elementalist
  • Tier B:
    + Ranger
    = Warrior

*changes made

(edited by Malcastus.6240)

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

????????

Ye saw some messmers that were pretty strong and engis with good healing. But overall personaly this is one of my favorite patches. Now every class is playable at least )

This patch didn’t buff engies so don’t think they got buffed, its just underrated builds are being more noticeable now that overrated and overpowered builds are being nerfed. They actually nerfed underated engy builds a bit by removing a lot of break stuns on utilities. That’s pretty much only thing, now engies stay on ground longer rather than popping back up to knockback the kitten out of you.

in PvP

Posted by: Illidan.6802

Illidan.6802

A:
Necro
A-:
Mesmer
B+:
Guardian, Engineer, Elementalist
B-:
Thief, Warrior, Ranger

[LotD] Long Phi
D/D – S/P Sylvary Thief
Blackgate

in PvP

Posted by: TheMightyAltroll.3485

TheMightyAltroll.3485

The more I read you, the more I hardly take you seriously. Particularly since you clammed necromancer had one of the best bunker build pre patch. A “build” you didn’t want to reveal in fear arenaNet will nerf it. How ironic from you.

Here is a question for you: I main Necromancer. If I claim it is overpowered, if I have no problem killing/doing objectives easily to the point to where it no longer takes any forethought/skill. Perhaps it is simply all the Necromancers whom say it is underpowered that are doing something wrong. We didn’t need a buff prepatch, we needed fixes and minor changes.

Anyhow, if you want to see the bunker build, talk to Spazzcromancer, his build. If it were my build, I would have revealed it already.

Contact me ingame for Necro, Ranger, Mesmer, and Thief advice.

in PvP

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Hi, Jon have you figured out yet that a lot of players who post in this thread put there mains at the bottom/towards the bottom of the power scale because they are scared of there favourite class being nerfed?

in PvP

Posted by: Oidmetala.8426

Oidmetala.8426

after this patch, sry but just true that necro go to tier s.
dont know why necromancer need burning :P
i know its fun to see ppls running away full with fear when they burn and become at same time dmg from new condi, because they run in fear
thats just like burst, but lets do it with conditions :P

thats my mind atm: (but HUUUGE more builds patch is not long out yet, maybe we find something new next days, or not)

Tier S:
=neighbour of the beast necromancer

Tier A:
=bunker guardian (but atm i dont feel like this when necromancer start with his work)
=shatter mesmer
=damage elementalist
=bomb engineer and hgh engineer
=d/p thief, d/d thief and s/d thief

Tier B
+Bunker Elementalist
=Beastmaster Ranger
=Damage Guardian
-Warrior

Tier C
and here because i also main a ranger
(yes ranger forum is qq hard atm, but its justified :P)

-trapper ranger or some kind of damage ranger

sure i have forget some, but thats most builds i see/saw at tpvp

Team Erotic Solitude Legends [ESL]
Spirit Ranger Yilvina Darnus
Bunker Guardian Morwenna Darnus

in PvP

emon.1863

Here is a question for you: I main Necromancer. If I claim it is overpowered, if I have no problem killing/doing objectives easily to the point to where it no longer takes any forethought/skill. Perhaps it is simply all the Necromancers whom say it is underpowered that are doing something wrong. We didn’t need a buff prepatch, we needed fixes and minor changes.

Anyhow, if you want to see the bunker build, talk to Spazzcromancer, his build. If it were my build, I would have revealed it already.

“I run main as Necro” is not an argument at all, mate. Yes we didnt need burning, but it didnt OP us.
Necro is class that should good in 1vs1, now it is. I dont mind if they rather fixed Minion AI so that is would be at least playable. The main problem I see is that most ppl cant play anything vs necro, because they have no idea howw to fight it. This kind of problems are comming from long time of UP. Still many players playd this UP class and can handle it now very good. If you want to say that plaing thief or mesmer is a lot harder , then you are deffenetly wrong! Let community get used to it. Many players dont notice wells, spectral wall or doesnt giving attantion if necro is in DS (most of them dont know what necro will do in DS).

If you look at new messmer specs, they are dealing insane dps aswell, but for some reason everyone is talking only about necro xD

in PvP

Posted by: Oidmetala.8426

Oidmetala.8426

oh and i was always think necro is for kill the full group in teamfight when he get not first target :P (that was also before patch)

now i know he have to do also good in 1vs1

Team Erotic Solitude Legends [ESL]
Spirit Ranger Yilvina Darnus
Bunker Guardian Morwenna Darnus

in PvP

Posted by: saVdoom.2067

saVdoom.2067

A) Necros?

15c

in PvP

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

S:
+ Thief
+ Mesmer
(i don’t even have way of fight or escape of this two)

A:
+ Elementarist
+ Ranger
+ Guardian
(All then bunker, sumon spamer and dd. Raise health and defences recources all time)

B:
+ Engineer
(Those trinkets damaging, controling, interrupting and defending all time… Also his Regeneration, Protection and lot of combos make him very strong)
= Necromancer

C:
- Warrior
(Absurdly weak. No sustain, no summon for help, no heal, very high cost and very lower reward in utility and elite skills, high cost and low reward in most of traits, no combo, etc…)

Obs¹: The only combo iniciator (fire field) requires use of bow and adrenaline bar.
Obs²: The real tier would X, Y or Z, but how the lower is C…

(edited by JETWING.2759)

in PvP

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

A:
+Necromancer
=Guardian
=Elementalist
=Mesmer

B:
=Thief
-Engineer

C:
+Ranger
=Warrior

-Necros received lots of updates, but as good as they are, I don’t think they push the S tier
-Guardians, Elementalists, and Mesmers have remained pretty top tier for awhile now, even if they are pigeonholed into options, because those options are strong options
-Engineers had their defensive abilities reduced without really gaining anything in return
-Rangers never really had that many options to begin with and were playing a niche build, and that build received a pretty huge nerf
-Warriors have yet to excel anywhere that other classes can’t excel, and it seems that warriors have to work a lot harder to get similar results than other classes do.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

S:
- Necromancer

A:
+ Guardian
+ Mesmer
= Elementalist
= Engineer

B:
+ Thief
- Ranger

C:
- Warrior

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

in PvP

Posted by: Sabre.1275

Sabre.1275

I havent played this game in a few months, I am a PVP only player and primarily play hot join spvp. I decided to play again for a few days after this patch. I started off maining a warrior when I originally got this game on release, but then switched to mesmer to try it out. I was amazed at how much better the mesmer was than the warrior in absolutely every regard. My multiple stealths allow me to constantly escape bad situations and reset fights, and my phantasms do excellent damage. The warrior is an absolute joke of a class that has no escape tools, no survivability, is extremely clunky, and very easy to dodge their obvious melee animations. I stopped playing warrior and only played mesmer.

After the patch, I found mesmers to be a bit more inline but still a top tier class along with thieves, guardians, necros, and elementalists. Warriors are even worse than ever before. I do not see warrior being viable without a complete overhaul.

Here is how I have the classes

Tier A
Mesmer
Guardian

Tier B
Elementalist
Ranger
Necro
Thief

Tier C
Engineer

Tier F
Warrior

Updated my rankings.

(edited by Sabre.1275)

in PvP

Posted by: TortugaNinja.9731

TortugaNinja.9731

I only play pvp, and tournaments. I will do the tier list in order to show my opinion ( not the true above all) about the more usefulls class on Tpvp.

Tier A

+Mesmer
=Guardian

Tier B:

=Necro
+Elementalist
-Engineer

Tier C

=Ranger
+Thief
-Warrior ( warr is not in a lower tier now, but it the most useless character on play for now)

in PvP

Posted by: DXIEdge.2789

DXIEdge.2789

Tier A:
Necromancer +
Guardian =
Elementalist =
Mesmer =
Thief -

Tier B:
Engineer =
Ranger -
Warrior -

Balance is really close. Nerfing elixir r was a mistake and rangers got toned down just a bit too much. Warrior is still warrior, and Thief is in an ok spot actually I think. Not OP but not necessary either.

If we can get everything to at Or just above/below thief, we’d be good. Give rangers a bit more damage with longbow or something, give engineers back their stun break on R with the ability to only res one person in r, make Dhuum fire on a 30 second ITC with Fears not able to increase with condi/stun duration and find a way to fix warriors and you’ll be pretty kitten close imo

R40! Ele/Ranger for GW2 Esports Guild
@DXIEdge on twitter.

in PvP

Posted by: Xephiare.4793

Xephiare.4793

Tier S:
Necro

Tier A:
Ranger
Thief
Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Blackjack.2083

Blackjack.2083

Warrior overall compared to ALL the other classes is just pure and utter trash. I am absolutely amazed at how poor of a job A-net has done with this class. At this point I don’t know why they simply won’t admit they don’t know how to fix the class.

Whomever is in charge of Warrior balancing is so inept I would fire him tomorrow if I were in charge. The whole line of “we want to make sure they don’t become an OP wrecking machine” when they have been bottom of the barrel since launch is pathetic. At this point you have to say, hey you guys are just really stupid or just plain clueless.
A good analogy would be telling the homeless bum on the street corner I’m only giving him a nickel because he can’t handle having too much cash.

in PvP

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

PRE-PATCH

dungeons/fractals

Tier S
= Guardian

Tier A
+ Warrior
+ Mesmer
= Elementalist

Tier B
= Necromancer
= Engineer
- Thief
- Ranger

WvW

Tier S
= Guardian
= Thief
= Mesmer
= Elementalist

Tier A
= Warrior

Tier B
= Necromancer
= Engineer
= Ranger

Shame on you ANet. Shame on your for only looking at sPvP. You don’t even deserve this post I’m making to you as a warning for how bad you’re handling your game.

in PvP

Posted by: Harrier.9380

Harrier.9380

snip

Sir, I guess you missed ‘Structured PvP’ part on the top of the page.

<- PvE forums are this way
WvW forums are that way →

“Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit,
because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure.”

in PvP

Posted by: Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

I think it is still premature to call out a specific rating level on any class after such a huge variable change. I think the next two weeks will tell the tale. That said, there are a few comments that I want to throw out there.

1) Ranger does seem to be in an odd spot post patch. From a design perspective the pet dependency of the profession really handicaps what you can do with them and I think the “adjustment” made to them didn’t go far enough as of right now. What I mean is that the Ranger seems to need better damage tools on their skills and less damage (perhaps a little more utility) on pets. I don’t think they are completely broken, but they seem to be a little bit lacking as a first impression.

2) Warrior improved dramatically. This is good, because they were in a really bad spot. I certainly don’t think they arrived at an OP state, but they are much closer to balance now than they were pre-patch. Give it some time for people to optimize, and I think they may only need a few tweaks to up diversity in the future.

3) The Necro QQ is misguided (as in directed at the wrong thing when Burning is pointed at), but I understand where it is coming from. To fight a condi Necro right now means that you are going to eat a stun lock at some point unless you build very specifically to counter this, and some professions have better tools for this than others. The Dhuumfire trait IS NOT THE PROBLEM. You are dying to Fear, Bleeds and Torment when a Necro kills you. Those three usually outpace the burn dramatically in a kill scenario. The DS3 buff combined with the Fear on S.Wall are the root cause of the QQ. S.Wall isn’t difficult to avoid unless you are already Feared and forced into it, but a potentially 3s, instant cast Fear on 20s (17 if traited) cool down is a difficult thing to counter especially when multiple sources are there to apply it. You need a stun break every 10s and you don’t have it. Frustration mounts quickly when you die to a 6s plus stunlock that gets applied after you have already used 2 stun breakers. Necro still falls over to focus fire easily and still sucks at down state scenarios (cant stomp, can’t rez, can’t save themselves in down state). The profession doesn’t need a nerf-hammer ala the beta nerf, but I think some tweaking is probably warranted to make them a little less trolly and more fun to play against. Perhaps do what should have been done all along and make Fear a condition, not a stun. In otherwords, allow skill use for those suffering Fear. If it isn’t a stun, then Sigil of Paralyzation won’t affect it’s duration anymore (which is a nuance most people don’t understand, but it is a big part of the duration problem). It will be much more easily cleansed without having to burn a stunbreak every 7s (which no one can do and really forces you to use one of the highest value skills on your bar more often than possible).

4) For the Engineers out there: Elixir R didn’t need that nerf. Toss Elixir R was the problem and it could have been addressed directly. That said, I don’t think that Engi is in that bad of a spot post patch anyway. Some shifting of the builds has to happen, but it doesn’t seem that the Engi is hopeless in terms of damage or a free kill, but I get the impression that they were brought down a peg so far.

I love big patches like this that shake things up. It makes everyone think and experiment, and try new things. Remember there is not a “perfect” state of balance in this kind of game and that there cannot be as a mathematical certainty. What they can do is promote wide diversity in build viability to make playing fun and interesting. I think this patch has been successful in generating more of that than was previously in tPvP, and I am pleased with that. I suspect that there will need to be some adjustments in next months patch, but it is still too early to be terribly specific about what they should be. Play and have fun and fool around with some different stuff. After a patch like this it is like playing a new game again for a few weeks. Everything you thought you knew has changed just a little bit and re-exploring should be fun.

(edited by Myrmidian Eudoros.4671)

in PvP

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

How about one for WvW? It would go something like this:

A) perma-stealth Thief

B) no class/spec this close to A
C) no class/spec this close to A

D) other thieves

E) Mesmer, elementalist
F) Guardian, engineer
G) everyone else

While I appreciate any and all feedback in this thread. I would prefer this be kept specifically for sPvP.

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in PvP

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

PRE-PATCH

dungeons/fractals

WvW

Shame on you ANet. Shame on your for only looking at sPvP. You don’t even deserve this post I’m making to you as a warning for how bad you’re handling your game.

I would appreciate it if we remained on-topic in terms of an sPvP tier list.

If a tier list for WvW and PvE is something you’re interested in then I implore you to make a thread regarding that in their respective forums.

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in PvP

Posted by: Luke.4562

Luke.4562

@Myrmidian Eudoros: Necromancers could stunlock even before the patch, a lot of Pvp powerbuilds, since October 2012 were running with Golem Charge + Doom + Wail of Doom. Condimancer could do that amount of damage even before the patch, the damaging Doom was something implemented long ago.

People forget old times in which Warriors were used to bishot Necromancers (or whatever walking thing without any escape CD), and now they fail to see that Thiefes and Mesmers are still more OP than Necromancers.

ALPHA, BETA, several months, … 1 Year later…“When it’s ready”[cit.]

in PvP

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

@Myrmidian Eudoros: Necromancers could stunlock even before the patch, a lot of Pvp powerbuilds, since October 2012 were running with Golem Charge + Doom + Wail of Doom. Condimancer could do that amount of damage even before the patch, the damaging Doom was something implemented long ago.

People forget old times in which Warriors were used to bishot Necromancers (or whatever walking thing without any escape CD), and now they fail to see that Thiefes and Mesmers are still more OP than Necromancers.

It’s a knee-jerk reaction. Previously, players would just steamroll necromancers. This is basically how I handled necros on my mesmer: have a condition remover, a stun breaker and burn them down. Death shroud was just more hp to burn down.

Now, a year later, necromancers got buffed and can’t be steamrolled anymore. Now necromancers are more like the attrition class they were supposed to be. The longer the fight lasts, the more likely you are to lose. Shackled Taint and burn on crit give necros that little extra oomph in the condition department that gives them an edge in prolonged fights.

Players now need to learn, for the first time, how to fight one. However, they aren’t really that much different than before.

Still, you need condition removal, a stun breaker and straight up damage will burn down a necro pretty quickly. If you have access to stability, that’s a big plus.

Engage the necro first and quickly. A fresh necro has no vigor, almost no stability and will have an empty life force bar. Getting the initiative and putting them into a deficit will force a necro to use their fears defensively. Once they’ve dodge rolled twice, they’re basically a giant punching bag – unload your burst on them, and cleanse when necessary. If the extra conditions are giving you heartburn, then equip a Sigil of Purity.

Oh, and dont step in the crap on the ground.

in PvP

Thedenofsin.7340

It’s a knee-jerk reaction. Previously, players would just steamroll necromancers. This is basically how I handled necros on my mesmer: have a condition remover, a stun breaker and burn them down. Death shroud was just more hp to burn down.

Now, a year later, necromancers got buffed and can’t be steamrolled anymore. Now necromancers are more like the attrition class they were supposed to be. The longer the fight lasts, the more likely you are to lose. Shackled Taint and burn on crit give necros that little extra oomph in the condition department that gives them an edge in prolonged fights. Previously when you fought a necro you’d have to worry about cleansing bleeds and poison. Now you have to worry about bleeds, poison, Torment and burning (depending on the build). Torment and Burning don’t seem like much, but they can act as prophylactic conditions that allow a necromancer to keep (and keep building up) his stack of bleeds.

Players now need to learn, for the first time, how to fight one. However, they aren’t really that much different than before.

Still, you need condition removal, a stun breaker and straight up damage will burn down a necro pretty quickly. If you have access to stability, that’s a big plus.

Engage the necro first, engage quickly and engage ruthlessly. A fresh necro has no vigor, almost no stability and will have an empty life force bar. Getting the initiative and putting them into a deficit will force a necro to use their fears defensively. Once they’ve dodge rolled twice, they’re basically a giant punching bag – unload your burst on them, and cleanse when necessary. If the extra conditions are giving you heartburn, then equip a Sigil of Purity.

If the necro got some lucky crits in or caught you with your pants down, just disengage and reset the fight. Necromancers can’t chase anyone worth a kitten .

Now, if the necro has necrotic grasp (ranged pull) and he’s not part of a group, he’s most likely a glass cannon dagger build. You fight those like you’d fight a skillseeker thief, but without the stealth.

(edited by Thedenofsin.7340)

in PvP

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

Now, a year later, necromancers got buffed and can’t be steamrolled anymore. Now necromancers are more like the attrition class they were supposed to be. The longer the fight lasts, the more likely you are to lose. Shackled Taint and burn on crit give necros that little extra oomph in the condition department that gives them an edge in prolonged fights.

Engage the necro first and quickly. A fresh necro has no vigor, almost no stability and will have an empty life force bar. Getting the initiative and putting them into a deficit will force a necro to use their fears defensively. Once they’ve dodge rolled twice, they’re basically a giant punching bag – unload your burst on them, and cleanse when necessary. If the extra conditions are giving you heartburn, then equip a Sigil of Purity.

+1
( I don’t main necro )

in PvP

Posted by: Lachanche.6859

Lachanche.6859

Lol i think it’ s ridiculous that you have to focus necros first than everyone else or they melt your whole team in a matter of seconds.

in PvP

Thedenofsin.7340

Lol i think it’ s ridiculous that you have to focus necros first than everyone else or they melt your whole team in a matter of seconds.

If you have a zerg on zerg and let a condition necro sit in the back and spam bleeds on someone, and that person doesn’t cleanse them, and you then let the necro cast Epidemic, yeah, you’re going to be in trouble. If you have someone, anyone, put pressure on the necro, it won’t happen.

That’s really no different than having a zerg on zerg and letting an elementalist sit in the back and AoE spam your team. Except the AoE spam cannot be cleansed and the elementalist has much better escapes and survivability.

in PvP

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

snip

Sir, I guess you missed ‘Structured PvP’ part on the top of the page.

<- PvE forums are this way
WvW forums are that way ->

You’re completely misisng the point. None of the patch changes only affected the Rangers in sPvP. None of the Ranger nerfs were split between game modes. They’re affecting the whole game but they are only looking at sPVP, because here is the only place they’re involved with the community and interested in what they’re saying.

I posted it as a warning to them. It can’t stay this way. People are kitten ed off and rightly so. The Rangers have been annoyed since release, but I’ve never seen them this undivided in their anger at ANet.

in PvP

Posted by: loper.9034

loper.9034

Tier S
-Mesmer (I play mes quite frequently and I can get burst 7000 Damage easily with it. It just needs a small damage decrease in my opinion since you have to be running Berserker amulet to get this kind of damage. )

Tier A
+Necromancer (I realize everyone is complaining that Necros are OP now, but let’s be honest, Mesmer vs Necro, Mesmer will win everytime. Why? Because they have stunbreakers, invis, and evades. Necro has damage, more damage, and fear. Now, I won’t deny that a very good necro would beat an average mesmer, but any good mesmer can demolish a necro 1v1. However, I do believe that Necro is slightly OP in the sense that has a little too much condi damage now, but thinking about the fact that Necros don’t have any abilities to get out of a CC, I think it makes the class balanced. With a small damage change, the Necro will finally be balanced again.)
=Thief (I really don’t know much about thief either, but I think it’s balanced.)
=Guardian (Although the Guard only has a few viable builds, the bunker builds are important to every tpvp team and are in great balance.)
=Elementalist (The Ele is in a great place with it’s abilities, and making the staff more viable is a great addition to the class)
-Engineer(Elixer R stun breaker was very useful for Engi’s, but now I feel it might be too easy to kill them by a small margin)

Tier B

+Warrior (They are still very easy to kill, but their condi spec is much improved. I honestly know the least about warriors, so it’s very likely that I’m wrong about this class.)
=Ranger (Rangers took major changes that weren’t balanced this patch. The pet does far less damage. And yes we have 14% more damage with the shortbow, taking away 50% damage from the majority of our pets does not balance things. The BM ranger build was not OP enough to be nerfed this much. I believe if they are going to take damage from the pets, they need to balance it in the ranger. Everyone is running spirit builds now due to the complete uselessness of pets. This class needs the most work by far than the warrior.)

in PvP

Posted by: BlueprintLFE.2358

BlueprintLFE.2358

Tier S- +Guardian (Have a lot of good builds now, and damage to boot with survivability) access to protection, retal, regen, and specific class heals, blinds and teleports to keep from being kited) with right hand strength for high damage as well, there is not much a guardian can’t do, and bringing one never hurts the team.

=Mesmer- Phase Retreat on the staff is really strong for in combat moving and clone spawning, can kite melee classes easily and decent reflects (depend on spec) for range. Good boons and good team utility. Excellent at removing boons, and just adding chaos to the battlefield. Illusion of Life is a big help for the team.

Tier A- +Necromancer the necromancer has been on he bottom of the barrel for a while now, good to see them receive some strong buffs, power spec now viable, conditions are monstrous. Class feels out of balance towards offence now, strong offense but bad defenses, death shroud gets eaten through quickly qnd no vigor or source of endurance regen makes survivability low. won’t rate them S get until I see how the buffs turn out.

-Engineer- Has always been strong with survivability and conditions, gear shield is better than warriors block, and elixirs now have the potential to remove Boons. Would like to see more rifle builds.

=Elementalist- still good survivability and decent movement. Phoenix is really strong now.

+Thief- this new change to blinds has added a whole new source of mitigation for the thieves, they are the class that can take full advantage of it. Without blind change I would say a strong B.

Tier B- Ranger longbow didnt get much love, and rangers still feel in a choke point with build options. Pet nerfs felt right as there is too much reliance on NPC’s in pvp. However the damage doesn’t look like it was out back into the ranger.

Tier C- Warrior, comparing to the other classes right now doesn’t even look like the warrior is from the same game. Spammable Teleports, evades, and blinds and cripples, really shows how out of place this class feels. Still relies heavily on cc to land damage, huge sweeping animations for abilities makes countering them feel easy. Axe changes hurt axe in pvp, hammer and mace is out of place with blinds, cripple and chill with no movement skills.

Disclosure I play every class in the game and enjoy them all, no real attachement to any, trying to objectively and without bias label the professions.

USMC 1st Battalion 10th Marines
Guardian-Blueprinted, Warrior- Grizzilli
[JCM] Guild: Ehmry Bay WvW

(edited by BlueprintLFE.2358)

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

After the new patch?
S-tier
+Necro
+Mesmer
+Engi
Peasant Tier
+Guardian
Warrior
Thief
Ranger.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

Hmm…from S tier directly to peasant tier?

in PvP

Posted by: BlueprintLFE.2358

BlueprintLFE.2358

Hmm…from S tier directly to peasant tier?

Lol I was just going to say that. Not a chance Darnis guardians are still a must have and can bring many different options

USMC 1st Battalion 10th Marines
Guardian-Blueprinted, Warrior- Grizzilli
[JCM] Guild: Ehmry Bay WvW

in PvP

Posted by: fadeaway.2807

fadeaway.2807

S-tier:
None

A-tier:
+Guardian
=Mesmer
=Ele
-Necro

B-tier:
+Thief
-Ranger

Free points tier:
—Warrior

I can see why anet have to be careful with warriors though, since I used to main one for many months. If you are dumb enough to let them get in your face and hit you a lot, they will destroy you. If you rarely get to your target you need to make it count when you do get there which is why we see many burst builds. Unfortunately all of the gap closers/pindowns are easily counterable, and the longer the fight goes on the less special moves they have such as bullrush, shield stun, pindown etc so sustain isn’t always a good option either.

in PvP

Posted by: nakoda.4213

nakoda.4213

I swear the people making this list have never fought a competent engie, Eggs included.

As if the elixir R nerf broke our class.

One skill could: stun break, end regen, and revive … twice.

It can still end regen and revive…twice.

Kittens. All of you.

As if R was our only defensive skill.

Boundaries are for the effortless.
Benn E Violence :: 0/20/30/20/0
You kittens don’t even know what the prefix “meta” means.

(edited by nakoda.4213)