sPvP Class Tier List: - Updated 6/30

in PvP

Posted by: Legacy.7360

Legacy.7360

Been hitting up sPvP alot since patch.

Having to understand that not every player is PvP oriented. I’m judging from well played players of each class only to justify my ranking. This is how we know the limitations of each class and what can be achieved when played optimally.

(S Tier)
Necro - (When played right, They are a walking Nuclear Reactor -{Terror Build} and Deathshroud provides a nice defense bonus)

(A Tier)
Mesmers + (Clones, More clones, Blink, Shatter – to much AI damage)
Warriors = (Massive stun pool/snaresfordays/healthpool/healing abilities and almost instant abilities make them really kitten dangerous now, of course when controlled by a experience player)
Engi = (Grenade spamming/Conditions)
Guards = (Could use some more health/sitting “OK” but tittering between =/- in comparison to other classes)
Thieves = (Highly mobile/evasive – makes this class deadly but weak against the current meta)
Elementals = (Jack of all trades, pretty well rounded class with all the tools in its disposal against any foe really)
Rangers - (Most rangers run conditions/Spirit pets now while maintaining higher toughness then Plate classes and still be viable. Best down state in game)

Guardian <3
Dragon
Platinnum – Zerker Guardian

(edited by Legacy.7360)

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

Thieves have been in tire B before patch and after the last patch, how come they are S atm? did I miss something? cuz in game (for me) nothing changed…

in PvP

Posted by: galandor.1059

galandor.1059

Are people really putting Warriors above tier C?

Engineer:Warrior:Necromancer – Rank 39

in PvP

Posted by: Legacy.7360

Legacy.7360

Are people really putting Warriors above tier C?

It’s like trying out for the Varsity Football team. You didn’t give it your all- therefor you didn’t make the team.

When the class is played well using all its resources correctly they are now a force to be recon with. I believe that my experience and play style holds weight to the truth. Without stun breakers/stability, you are -F-ed. Guaranteed.

With that said. I’m sorry you didn’t make the team.

Guardian <3
Dragon
Platinnum – Zerker Guardian

in PvP

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

Tier S

Thief S/D only Larcenous strike. For the utility of it and being unblockable the damage is a little on the insane side. A person with 3500 armor taking 4k damage from this is and losing all of their defensive boons is ridiculous. Damage reduction or making LS blockable would be a nice start. Or reduce the amount of time the thief has between using flanking strike and LS or interrupting FS makes it so they have to do FS over to get to the LS part of the chain.

This is a nice Halloween story with no basis in reality whatsoever.

LS doesn’t have a high enough coefficient to hit 4k whenever you use it, unless the thief is running so glassy that you’ll be able to 1-shot him or her anyways. It’d be like giving a guardian maximum offensive stats, seeing him do damage, then setting that to the standard for all guards (even bunkers) and thereby calling guards OP. If you don’t believe me, I can even do the calculations for you; I doubt that you understand the slightest inkling of the mathematics behind this game.

The time you already get to be able to use LS is very short- 5 seconds, which is extremely short when you pretty much have to be right on top of your opponent to use this skill, and even shorter when delaying, as a zerker thief, could very well get you killed.

If FS was interruptible, it would be rendered almost useless. It’d defeat the purpose of its being an evade entirely. Anyhow, FS hardly deals any damage (less than either of the first two attacks in the auto chain), so all you have to do to counter it is simply start attacking while your opponent is using FS, and the two cast times should occur close enough to one another in order for you to get the hit. This is how I’ve fought against many other S/D thieves, and I’ve had great success with it. You can afford to get hit by FS. LS is a different story, but it’s fairly telegraphed by thieves, and missing it can cause the majority of thieves absolute misery.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in PvP

Posted by: Velron.3729

Velron.3729

S
Ranger
Thief (A)

A
Guardian (S)
Mesmer

B
Warrior (A)
Enigineer (A)

C
Necromancer (B)

^ This list is pretty much useless when people that Clueless get a vote.

Sorry to not conform to your standards kittenwad

Lol, nothing is about conforming. You put one of the biggest threats in tPVP currently at the bottom of the list.

Fragg – Engineer | Lil Zek – Warrior PVP R43
[DA] Decisive Actions – Jade Quarry

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Tier S

Thief S/D only Larcenous strike. For the utility of it and being unblockable the damage is a little on the insane side. A person with 3500 armor taking 4k damage from this is and losing all of their defensive boons is ridiculous. Damage reduction or making LS blockable would be a nice start. Or reduce the amount of time the thief has between using flanking strike and LS or interrupting FS makes it so they have to do FS over to get to the LS part of the chain.

LS doesn’t have a high enough coefficient to hit 4k whenever you use it, unless the thief is running so glassy that you’ll be able to 1-shot him or her anyways. It’d be like giving a guardian maximum offensive stats, seeing him do damage, then setting that to the standard for all guards (even bunkers) and thereby calling guards OP. If you don’t believe me, I can even do the calculations for you; I doubt that you understand the slightest inkling of the mathematics behind this game.

The time you already get to be able to use LS is very short- 5 seconds, which is extremely short when you pretty much have to be right on top of your opponent to use this skill, and even shorter when delaying, as a zerker thief, could very well get you killed.

If FS was interruptible, it would be rendered almost useless. It’d defeat the purpose of its being an evade entirely. Anyhow, FS hardly deals any damage (less than either of the first two attacks in the auto chain), so all you have to do to counter it is simply start attacking while your opponent is using FS, and the two cast times should occur close enough to one another in order for you to get the hit. This is how I’ve fought against many other S/D thieves, and I’ve had great success with it. You can afford to get hit by FS. LS is a different story, but it’s fairly telegraphed by thieves, and missing it can cause the majority of thieves absolute misery.

LS is not fairly telegraphed, FS is but why shouldn’t it be and I have still been hit pretty freaking hard by LS at 3500 armor. What I am saying is the skill does too much in one, unblockable, steals boons, and does high damage. Remember when mesmer arcane thievery stole all boons? Well LS can’t do it at once but it is fairly spammable in any initiative regeneration build. And squishy or not what I have seen other thieves do and do myself on my thief is do FS before I get to the target infiltartors strike in which immobilizes them then do larcenous strike which hits like a truck. Either make it blockable, reduce the damage (the boon stealing was the whole reason it was made so leave it as is) or make it so in order to get LS off flanking strike has to actually connect. There needs to be punishment for missing the first part of the chain.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

Tier S

no need to be so defensive

An acro thief with 10 in DA can hit up LS for 4 k each ( even more on glass specs) as long as the opponent is below 50% health.

When not, it deals pretty much 3.5 k damage per hit, from 2.5 to 3 k on tanky builds.

FS→ LS chain is broken, too much rewards with little to no cost: you just need to use 3 of 5 skill of yours to be effective ( you can mix some C&D now or then, but whatever).

They should make the skill blockable, and seriously they should start reverting some of the brutal nerfs they did to the thief in the past, the class just feels too much dumbed down.

anyway….

S tier

= Necro
= spirit ranger

A tier

+ S/D thief
= Guardian
= Engi

B tier

+ Ele
+ War
= Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

S Tier:
=Necromancer
=S/D Thief
-Spirit Ranger

A Tier:
+Guardian
-Engineer

B Tier:
=Warrior
= Elementalist
-Mesmer

Pretty much this, +1.

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

in PvP

Posted by: Dralor.3701

Dralor.3701

Warrior is still just terrible compared to other classes/melee. I mean okay, stun lock one class…great. Just don’t fight anyone else or prepare to get completely worked over. Still can’t deal with conditions well and especially not in this pvp environment.

More condi nerfs (necro or otherwise) are just going to be more indirect buffs to guardians and bunker builds which is pretty unfortunate.

How strong are bunker guards right now? Just curious? I don’t see very many and the ones i do see just melt.

Right now not as strong as they used to be, but its just a matter of how many condi users one sees on a team…which is too many right now. Just saying if they nerf it all into the ground we will be back to incredibly long bunker fights.

in PvP

Posted by: fadeaway.2807

fadeaway.2807

If you currently put mesmer high up, you play too much hotjoin and not enough tournament.

in PvP

Posted by: KratosAngel.7289

KratosAngel.7289

Tier S :
Necro (S-)

Tier A :
Mesmer shatter (almost unnerfed, still powerful)
Ranger (especially spirit and with recent buff to LB)
Engineer (many good builds viable)
Guardian (A-) (good at tanking/holding points especially but lacking a bit of diversity)
Thief (A+) (could even go S for S/P)
Elementalist (D/D still very good and lots of usefulness with fresh air)

Tier B :
Mesmer other than shatter (except for condition bunker, were already pretty weak other than shatter. It’s even worse since the IC nerf that hurt a lot. Haven’t seen in tournament a lot but it killed diversity in hotjoins)
Warrior (B-) (lacks diversity but some builds useful now)

in PvP

Posted by: Reesha.7901

Reesha.7901

After the last changes and after playing a bit more I would change my list to:

S Tier:
+ Necromancer
= Thief (S/D)
- Ranger (Spirit)

A Tier:
+ Engineer
= Guardian
– Ele

B Tier:
= Warrior
- Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

After the last changes and after playing a bit more I would change my list to:

S Tier:
+ Necromancer
= Thief (S/D)
- Ranger (Spirit)

A Tier:
+ Engineer
= Guardian
– Ele

B Tier:
= Warrior
- Mesmer

This is quite close i think. The problem with Mesmer you rarely see any builds other then Shatter/Phantom we have SO little options in S/PvP and even less when it comes to TPvP.

In TPvP we are pretty much taken for a select few utilities and thats about it. In the current Meta i think we ARE bottom due to how Condition heave it is and the fact that we must take Traits, certain weapons, Certain Utilities, Certain Runes, Certain Sigils JUST to survive against the condition burst but doing that we offer next to nothing in offense.

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

S
Ranger
Thief (A)

A
Guardian (S)
Mesmer

B
Warrior (A)
Enigineer (A)

C
Necromancer (B)

^ This list is pretty much useless when people that Clueless get a vote.

Sorry to not conform to your standards kittenwad

Lol, nothing is about conforming. You put one of the biggest threats in tPVP currently at the bottom of the list.

I mainly did that because the mechanics of this profession are broken as @#$% , put it at S category if you want, but without dumbfire (and we all know what is going to happen with dumbfire, at least all necro’s hope it will.) we are bottom tier, period.
Oh and I didn’t add ele because they are so freaking generic you just look over them.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in PvP

Posted by: Jonwar.9205

Jonwar.9205

Tier S
=Guard
-Necro
-Thief (S/D)

Tier A
+Engineer
+Ranger
=Other thief builds
=Ele
=Mesmer
-Warrior

I don’t think we really have a B tier anymore, most every class can run a build that contributes. Warriors are still at a bit of a mechanical disadvantage, but this has more to do with warrior attacks being properly telegraphed and other classes not.

Necro and guardian are top tier because these two classes are pretty much irreplaceable in a team. You have to have a guardian pretty much if you hope to hold points. You can’t really match a necro AoE wise, so while you can get away with not having one you’re gimping yourself if you don’t bring one. Necro may be a tier lower now that they got nerfed (again), and I was tempted to move them down posting… maybe the A list was too crowded.

s/d thief is just flat out broken.

The mesmer crying is mostly unwarranted if you ask me, they still bring the best teamfight utility and high AoE burst. Running a zerker amulet and full offensive traits they still have excellent burst mitigation in the game… and now they want to do all this and on top of it be good against condi pressure.

Hurr Durr Blades – PvP Warrior
Jangeol – WvW Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Geff.1930

Geff.1930

1. Mesmer
2. Engineer

—Balanced—
3. Necromancer=Warrior=Ranger=Thief=Guardian

in PvP

ArmageddonAsh.6430

The mesmer crying is mostly unwarranted if you ask me, they still bring the best teamfight utility and high AoE burst. Running a zerker amulet and full offensive traits they still have excellent burst mitigation in the game… and now they want to do all this and on top of it be good against condi pressure.

The problem is quite clear, we are at a HUGE disadvantage in this Condition Meta, yeah we have solid damage, we bring some solid Utilities as soon as condition is added to the mix we become pretty much worthless. Look at TPvP for example. Taken not for the damage but for a few utilities that other classes cant bring.

If we want decent condition removal we have to sacrifice EVERYTHING for it – does it seem right that we have to build ourselves just to SURVIVE – NOT kill just survive an initial Condition burst (and likely die to the next set thanks to all the long cool downs we have on condition removals) and then need people around us in order for us to have a chance?

An idea – go play a Mesmer in TPvP, see how long you last before getting kitten slapped by Condition build. See how long it is before you are replaced. You seem to think that we are some sort of god mode, we are not.

Other then things like Portal, Veil, Mas Invis/Time Warp we offer nothing that cant be done just as well or better on another class with superior condition removal options. Pretty much everything we can do for Condition Removal has to be traited which means we lose elsewhere we have 2 Utilities for condition removal a 40second cool down and a 45second cool down and against burst heavy condition application both are pretty much useless.

in PvP

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

Inb4 Defektive reminds everybody that this is for tier lists and not for discussion…

Anywho:

S:
-Necro
-Thief

A:
+Guardian
=Ele
=Engineer
=Ranger
-Warrior

B:
+Mesmer

At least currently.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in PvP

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

Warrior is still just terrible compared to other classes/melee. I mean okay, stun lock one class…great. Just don’t fight anyone else or prepare to get completely worked over. Still can’t deal with conditions well and especially not in this pvp environment.

More condi nerfs (necro or otherwise) are just going to be more indirect buffs to guardians and bunker builds which is pretty unfortunate.

Agree.

Nerf condition results in great buff to bunker classes.

in PvP

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Curious what class has worse Condition Cleanse:

Warrior Vs Mesmer

We (Mesmer) have 2 Utilities with 40 and 45second cool downs. One removes/send 3 conditions and the other requies us to stay inside its AoE to remove conditions.

We have Traits that are VERY deep into Traits and taking them means we either lose alot of utility, damage, toughness or a mix of all 3 and even with the traits they are all pretty meh and pretty much wasted against this Condition heavy Meta

in PvP

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

No are meta. Just some players looked better for conditions instead run brute all time, and some players don’t want spend resources with defence.
- They just want attack and defend at same time with summons/stealth/bunker/regen + dps.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

All,

Can we focus voting on the classes overall and not just one weapon set for those classes?

in PvP

Posted by: Thesilentflute.8761

Thesilentflute.8761

You guys talk about sword dagger allot its trash unless your facing a hgh engi or a bunker its worthless and even then in the case of a bunker it takes a long time. Its more of a troll wep set than anything. maybe you mean s/p but then I might as well be playing my mesmer since they have utility, aoe, confuse and invul durring their flurry.

I see good ideas every day …good in theory. – Shawn Farthing
Masters in Geek Mythology
YOU ARE NOT THE INVENTOR OF WORDS!!! lol

(edited by Thesilentflute.8761)

in PvP

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

Tier A

+ Necro
- Thief
- Ranger

Tier B

+ Ele
+ Engi
+ Guardian
= Mesmer
- Warrior

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

in PvP

jportell.2197

You guys talk about sword dagger allot its trash unless your facing a hgh engi or a bunker its worthless and even then in the case of a bunker it takes a long time. Its more of a troll wep set than anything. maybe you mean s/p but then I might as well be playing my mesmer since they have utility, aoe, confuse and invul durring their flurry.

Actually mesmer blurred frenzy is an evade now as well not invuln

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: fadeaway.2807

fadeaway.2807

Is Defektive still around to compile this?

in PvP

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

How strong are bunker guards right now? Just curious? I don’t see very many and the ones i do see just melt.

ill tell you that all the seriously premade team i yoloq against have one bunker guardian and atleast one spirit ranger

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

in PvP

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

Is Defektive still around to compile this?

I’m around, just waiting until impressions after PAX qualifiers. then will be doing it again after the finals.

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in PvP

Posted by: Ultima.8673

Ultima.8673

S-tier:

1. Engineer
2. Necro
3. S/Dthief
4. Spiritranger

A- tier:

Bunkerguardian

rest doesn’t interest me anymore cause of broken meta

in PvP

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

S-tier:

1. Engineer
2. Necro
3. S/Dthief
4. Spiritranger

A- tier:

Bunkerguardian

Pretty much this, but I’m slowly getting bitter about this games PvP – and the reaction speed of ArenaNet’s upper management.

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in PvP

Posted by: Rerroll.9083

Rerroll.9083

S-tier:

1. Engineer
2. Necro
3. S/Dthief
4. Spiritranger

A- tier:

Bunkerguardian

This. Worst meta ever, and the funny thing is it comes after the big balance patch.

Revert all changes please, at least the game was enjoyable before

Up Rerroll

in PvP

Posted by: Scryar.2954

Scryar.2954

So here we go:

S-Tier:
+Necro

A-Tier:
+Ranger (Spirit)
=Engineer
=Thief (S/D)
=Guardian

B-Tier
+Ele
+Warrior
+Mesmer

The only balanced class in my opininion is the guardian. All above him are a bit (necro much more) over the top. Warrior got a nice buff and are close to be balanced. Mesmers suffer from the strenght of condition damage and lack of condi removal and eles were overnerfed during the last months.

WvsW smallscale & tpvp
Champion- Magus, Shadow, Illusionist, Hunter

in PvP

Posted by: Oidmetala.8426

Oidmetala.8426

s-tier:
+ condi necro

a-tier:
+ bomb engin
+ s/d thief
= bunker guardian
= spirit ranger
= dps elem
- cc warrior
- shatter mesmer

b-tier:
+ bunker ele
+ beastmaster ranger
+ hgh engin
+ dmg guardian
+ power necro
+ backstab thief
= trapper ranger
- 100 blades warrior
… all this not any more much used builds

c tier:
- longbow/longsword ranger
- condi mesmers
- staff ele
… all this never rly well worked builds

would be interesting to know if there some not enough tested builds to brake this meta a bit, because this tier-list is only a meta questsion and depends some times on only 1-2 dominating professions and the counter builds vs them.
last week we got a interesting fight vs a team with bunker guard, dmg guard, backstab thief, power necro and cc warrior.
we used meta setup and it was not easy vs them
we stay ladder ~<100 and they was ladder ~<200
so it was not rly a random match with not skilled ppls.

Team Erotic Solitude Legends [ESL]
Spirit Ranger Yilvina Darnus
Bunker Guardian Morwenna Darnus

(edited by Oidmetala.8426)

in PvP

jportell.2197

This is based off of what I saw in the PAX and class representation

Tier S:
+Necro
+Ranger

Tier A:
+Engi
=Guard
=Ele
=Thief

Tier B
Warrior

Tier C
Mesmer.

Of all the teams I watched (didn’t see the entire tourney) and based of reports from fellow players there were absolutely NO MESMERS in any team for pax prelims. This should speak volumes to this games balance when one class is all but eliminated from competitive play.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Poxxia.1547

Poxxia.1547

This is based off of what I saw in the PAX and class representation

Tier S:
+Necro
+Ranger

Tier A:
+Engi
=Guard
=Ele
=Thief

Tier B
Warrior

Tier C
Mesmer.

Of all the teams I watched (didn’t see the entire tourney) and based of reports from fellow players there were absolutely NO MESMERS in any team for pax prelims. This should speak volumes to this games balance when one class is all but eliminated from competitive play.

While I almost agree with the list (I would give thieves a “+”), I find it mildly disturbing, that thieves are able to be viable in a meta they are not even a true part of. I am not sure if that is a good or bad thing, but I for sure don’t like the whole stealth-opener-approach.
Once conditions on especially rangers and necro’s are being balanced, we will be back to the burst/stealth-meta, where mesmers undeniable unmatched support will be more than viable – that is what I fear at least. I am not sure, which I really prefer tbh … I hope these predictions turn out to be untrue, most of all.

in PvP

Posted by: Cosine.7841

Cosine.7841

Tier A:
+Necro
+Thief
=Guardian
=Ranger
-Engineer
Tier B:
+Elementalist
=Warrior
-Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

Tier S:
=Necro
=Ranger

Tier A:
+Engi
+Thief
+Guard
=Ele

Tier B:
=Warrior
=Mesmer

Despite low rep on mes and warrior, I think they’re pretty close to viable. If the condi cleave in the game is just toned down a bit, it would go a long way.

in PvP

Posted by: Batmang.5421

Batmang.5421

I would really love to see mesmers back in competitive play. I think they are a very entertaining class and add a very interesting dynamic to the game. At the same time I would prefer to see less AOE condition spamming (top 3 classes in my list are guilty of this) and more focus on single target skills. It not only would result in higher skill plays but it’s also A LOT more enjoyable to spectate.

This list also reflects the level of power creep thats happened as of late. I think the game would benefit more from seeing S tier classes nerfed than to see C tier classes get buffed.

S Tier:
=Necromancer
=Ranger
-Engineer
-Guardian
-Thief

A Tier:

B Tier:

C Tier:
+Warrior
+Elementalist
=Mesmer

(edited by Batmang.5421)

in PvP

Posted by: Alkaholic.3875

Alkaholic.3875

How would u nerf engie? Did anyone run condi spreading HGH in this match?

in PvP

jportell.2197

How would u nerf engie? Did anyone run condi spreading HGH in this match?

Engi doesn’t really need a nerf. For the most part they are fine they are great in a role if they specialize for doing it. HGH isn’t seen in the meta currently because of s/d thieves.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Alkaholic.3875

I didn’t think so, was just curious cause someone said they need a slight nerf. Were both rangers in [SYC] spirit rangers?

in PvP

Batmang.5421

I didn’t think so, was just curious cause someone said they need a slight nerf. Were both rangers in [SYC] spirit rangers?

its not HGH its bomb/nade thats needs to be toned down. I think the real source of the problem is nades though. And of course they were both spirit rangers :p

in PvP

Posted by: Godofallu.2935

Godofallu.2935

its not HGH its bomb/nade thats needs to be toned down. I think the real source of the problem is nades though. And of course they were both spirit rangers :p

Honestly since your an ele it’s probably pretty easy for you to over rank engineers. Frankly I don’t think an engineer can take much of a nerf and still be viable. It’s struggling to earn a spot on rosters as it as. A second spirit ranger or necro is already very hard to argue against.

Proud GW2 Esports Guild Admin and Coach. Whisper me for duels, help, or guild invites.

in PvP

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

S
-Necromancer
-Spirit Ranger

A
+Engineer
+Warrior
+Thief
Guardian

B
-Elementalist

C
+Mesmer

in PvP

Alkaholic.3875

That’s sad that one could cheese their way to the championship. They prolly play their classes way better than me but this seems like quite the copout.

in PvP

Posted by: Nialiss.6459

Nialiss.6459

S:
-Necro
-Spirit Ranger
+Thief (Yes, I’m taking mindless s/d spamming into consideration)

A:
+Engineer
+Guardian
=Mesmer

B:
=Elementalist

C:
=Warrior

in PvP

Batmang.5421

Honestly since your an ele it’s probably pretty easy for you to over rank engineers. Frankly I don’t think an engineer can take much of a nerf and still be viable. It’s struggling to earn a spot on rosters as it as. A second spirit ranger or necro is already very hard to argue against.

The reason i ranked engi so high is because the are one of the only things that can deal with spirit rangers NOT because they crush eles. Being able to counter an ele means absolutely nothing right now because no one is playing ele. I don’t think there is a single top tier ele playing right now on NA and a lot of EU ele have swapped classes. You shouldn’t assume everyone is unable to be objective.

(edited by Batmang.5421)

in PvP

Batmang.5421

That’s sad that one could cheese their way to the championship. They prolly play their classes way better than me but this seems like quite the copout.

They didn’t “cheese their way to the championship”. They are great players that played the most effective builds atm. They definitely deserved to win. They played the best and none of their players got carried.

I don’t think running 2 spirit ranger is cheese (3 would be imo) although i do think its imbalanced to have more than 1 unique class on a team. Whats really sad is that one of their core members (skovex) who is an amazing player had to step down from the team because he plays ele/war and he knew they wouldn’t be able to win with an ele or war.

(edited by Batmang.5421)

in PvP

Posted by: Oidmetala.8426

Oidmetala.8426

rly interesting to put spirit ranger on s-tier and same spot like necro…
dont know, but its for sure not a to strong build.

looks like rangers goes always rly fast from b-tier to s-tier when they only get a good balanced build.
its more weak build then the necro atm and you guys put him on same spot…
dont know how u can do that.
a skilled ranger player cant destroy a skilled necro player.
as spirit ranger u have only a chance with a fast fight, but vs a good nec its always a long fight and you lose that because when spirits death you will lose so sure.

a spirit ranger can lose vs a skilled cc warrior, the warrior have better win chances then the spirit ranger

a spirit ranger lose more often vs a necro as he win him

a spirit ranger can lose vs a s/d thief when he first destroy spirits with shortbow

spirit ranger vs bomb engi is also 50/50
and bomb engi get nearly always a decap

sry guys, but its so a well balanced build in my mind atm and for sure not in s-tier

Team Erotic Solitude Legends [ESL]
Spirit Ranger Yilvina Darnus
Bunker Guardian Morwenna Darnus