sPvP Season 5 2016?

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: psibernetic.2013

psibernetic.2013

I am working through all of the challenges, but due to the division cross restriction, I will not hit my goal until S5, if that is a thing, please tell me that is a thing, I would hate to think I wasted my effort.

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: NotASmurf.1725

NotASmurf.1725

It’s called “YEAR of the ascension” for a reason, 1 year = 4 season, this is season 4 so chances are s5 will begin a different year. But it’s Anet so they may forge to turn it off or decide that it’s not casual enough so you may just get everything for free soon.

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Light Of The Abyss.5927

Light Of The Abyss.5927

If enough people complain about not getting the wings than I’m sure ANET will give you the ability to. Because they are all about that casual equality poop.

Delpfine Drake

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Wings are ugly af anyway, and even if you dont think so, you will get tired of them after 2h destroying your eye bulbs cause shiny things.

M I L K B O I S

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

Next

You’ll still be able to get the wings, even with the considerable league changes coming with Season 5.

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Loathar.9375

Loathar.9375

You’ll still be able to get the wings, even with the considerable league changes coming with Season 5.

So I should quit now and avoid the S4 matchmaking system SoloQ fail and just wait until Season 5? Or should I continue to grind out through this current system and let my eye balls blow up?

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Dragon Masher.5749

Dragon Masher.5749

So there will be a season 5?

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: moobs.5862

moobs.5862

So there will be a season 5?

theyre not gonna stop doing seasons

NL m0bz

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Luxzeus.8043

Luxzeus.8043

Im about to complete my The Ascenscion Leg backpack but i cant finish it this season because of the achivement “League Elite” we’re i have to cross 4 division threshold.. im currently on diamond rank and that means that i can only cross to legendary rank and thats 2/4 division a=cross and needed nxt season to complte it…BUT sum1 told me that maybe season 4 is the last season of the year and im afraid that maybe next year the precursor and requiremnt needed for the legendary pvp backpack might change… i need some fact.. is it true or if its true does that means that all requiremnt will change to create the “THE ASCENSCION”..

can sum1 tell me whats the fact truth about this.

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: NotASmurf.1725

NotASmurf.1725

When will we get to hear about these changes? Because I don’t think anyone has faith in Anet to make a good system at this point so promises mean nothing, we need details.

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I believe s4 is the final season of 2016, but it wont be the last opportunity to finish your backpack. Each year a new backpack will be introduced as part of that seasons meta etc. You will however be able to complete the previous backpack.

Whether you can finish the old one and also complete the new one I am unsure – there are various dev comments about it if you do some googling

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: SadKeanu.3491

SadKeanu.3491

So I should quit now and avoid the S4 matchmaking system SoloQ fail and just wait until Season 5? Or should I continue to grind out through this current system and let my eye balls blow up?

Quit now and forever hold your peace!

twitch.tv/sadkeanu69
streaming weeknights after 6PM EST

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

It’s been known we’d be able to still get them for a while ( “year of ascension” is kinda misleading here).
I figured the easiest (read: laziest, cheapest) way for this would be to just.. leave the achievements available ( during seasons). This also runs more in parallel to the fotm backpiece achievements.

At least we don’t have to play in the depressing s4 if we don’t want to however it’s going to be done.

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Mel.8495

Mel.8495

Please just get rid of seasons

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Wargameur.6950

Wargameur.6950

Come on guys stop beeing all salty after we got a dev answer.

Josh, I suppose you won’t give us an answer about what are the change. But can you at least give us the areas ? Is it a change about the MMR, pips system, leagues, seasons ?

main ~ Esper Jace (Thief )/ Ellundril Jiluan
(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Ravelli.8159

Ravelli.8159

It´s incredible how ill-mannered some people are, you get a sober answer by a dev and you just flame on anet, Imo s4 is the best season compared to the others and I think most ppl share my opinion.

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

Next

Josh, I suppose you won’t give us an answer about what are the change. But can you at least give us the areas ? Is it a change about the MMR, pips system, leagues, seasons ?

It’s too early to give concrete details. First we need to finish up development and then run through our internal “it is ready to ship?” process.

In short, we agree with a lot of what has been discussed on these forums. Leagues need to do better in the prestige department, and the pip system can’t really support that. If you’re in legendary, for example, you should truly be in the highest percentiles in terms of player skill. Leagues also need to feel more rewarding, especially once you’ve landed in your correct division. In the current system, the rate at which you earn rewards slows down significantly as your climb becomes more difficult in the later divisions – but you should still be rewarded for playing in your correct division, even if you can’t progress any further.

Another area of focus for the team is improving match quality. I can’t go into detail here (it will be better explained once we can talk about the entire scope of changes), but I wanted to let you know it’s a priority.

-Grouch

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

It’s too early to give concrete details. First we need to finish up development and then run through our internal “it is ready to ship?” process.

In short, we agree with a lot of what has been discussed on these forums. Leagues need to do better in the prestige department, and the pip system can’t really support that. If you’re in legendary, for example, you should truly be in the highest percentiles in terms of player skill. Leagues also need to feel more rewarding, especially once you’ve landed in your correct division. In the current system, the rate at which you earn rewards slows down significantly as your climb becomes more difficult in the later divisions – but you should still be rewarded for playing in your correct division, even if you can’t progress any further.

Another area of focus for the team is improving match quality. I can’t go into detail here (it will be better explained once we can talk about the entire scope of changes), but I wanted to let you know it’s a priority.

-Grouch

Anet confessing to the playbase that your current system is bad is a very good sign, thank you. One small step forward for ANet, one huge step forward for the sPvP game mode, I hope atleast. But do forgive some of us to include myself from being highly on alert at yalls promises of greatness. I just hope yall truly do understand your playerbase now for the sake of not just sPvP in GW2 but for the sake of GW2 altogether.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Wargameur.6950

Wargameur.6950

Thanks for you answer

I like that way to communicate. It’s not a promise of things and then people are salty because what Anet delivers is not up to their promise. It’s not a complete silence as well.

Just a simple, we know where is the problem, we are trying to figure it out. Simple and efficient Thanks again Grouch !

main ~ Esper Jace (Thief )/ Ellundril Jiluan
(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

-Grouch

This is a start…albeit late as kitten, but a start.

Can we get a time frame when you’re looking to start S5?

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: slasc.3260

slasc.3260

I feel exactly like this. As it is, I log in, queue, play, experience massive matchmaking fail, and then log out. I fall asleep sobbing and dreaming of The Ascension.

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: MoZing.1594

MoZing.1594

And here I’ve been waiting since the 2nd week of season 2 for another legendary backpiece after I got mine lel

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

-Grouch

Good to hear. Looking forward to the changes. Hopefully it will help some with the toxicity but I seriously doubt it will :/

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

So SoloQ-people will be forever stuck in Amber or Emerald, except the few SoloQ gods? Even if you get more reward per match for getting stuck, i rather not play pvp at all, then get stuck in Emerald.

More prestige? So more toxicity? More braggin fail rights? With so few (capable) people doing Gw2 tournements? Twice I was at an inch of legend title. Maybe i don’t deserve it, maybe i do. A lot of people got it by an inch (not much better then me huh). They permanently, have a title that they can brag with, permanently have ‘prestige’ that i can never ever get again, if Grouch new theme sets in. What point for me is there to play pvp then? I’m a good soloQ player, (i win most duels, i win not overzerged teamfights, i loose almost all Foefire mid fights – except when necro was top meta, cause i love necro, and my instincs cooperate very well with that profession in a teamfight), but atm, it’s all TeamQ (most of time big one) versus no TeamQ or small teamQ (2 linked ppl). When i TeamQ (duoQ) enemy is 90% of time a 5-teamQ… I get those enemies 5 times in row. Sorry Anet but matchmaking just gave the teamspeak/knowing each other, using builds that coincide with another, abusing team a free win streak. Yes they are better in the sense of winning, but imo not in personal skill. The balance of builds, teamspeak, and knowing one another = free advantage, that barely takes extra skill. The amount of times, against a TeamQ that i win duels (even against professions that hard counter me), and get their cap piont is huge. The problem is then they zerg everything and there’s no comeback, cause ppl run in 1 by 1 to the enemy zerg, to get slaughtered again, solo decapping doenst make up, especially if you are slower then thief (or maybe druid).

The worst thing they can do, (but only thing they can do, to keep people interested in pvp) is to lock reward behind ranked pvp again, wich is true sadness. The worst combo ever.

Another mistake (i know many will disagree): Letting foefire be chosen 70% of time, and reveng of capricorn 0 times in Ranked, hurts player/build/comp diversity. Foefire is massively easy to zerg. And TeamQ+pvp = huge ‘zerg’ advantage, but very low, duel (roaming-) advantage. Guess wich play type foefire support? Zerging. Guess what game type Temple of storm and khylo support? Not zerging, and roaming wisely, or +1’ing wisely. Look at my wins/losses in game Anet, it’s prove, that Foefire gives advantage to teamQ. An advantage that nobody shoudl deserve. If they deserve prestige as you say, they should be able to win, even in skyhammer (yes i said it – and yes it’s not my favorite map).

the 100th mistake of pvp devs is coming in Season 5. The word change will be abused to give people false hope of it getting better. Been there, Done that.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

(edited by Phoebe Ascension.8437)

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

Good to see improvements are coming. If I may suggest something, a lot of the complaints and issues would be fixed or greatly mitigated if you code in the no class stacking rule in your matchmaking algorithm. Most of the bad games I’ve had are against severely stacked teams, or being stuck on a team with 2-3 thieves that refuse to switch (which is 99% guaranteed loss as we all know). De-stacking the classes for ranked games would really give people a better PvP experience in my opinion.

Of course ideally in a perfect world you would fix these issues with perfect class balance instead of enforcing such rules, but we don’t live in a perfect world. 1 class per team works for pro tourney it may very well work & improve pvp gameplay for ranked games. You would certainly hear less complaints about whatever fotm class/builds if people can’t stack them and flood ranked games with them.

Also, a large majority of your PvP playerbase really hate playing premade teams. It sucks to be matched against a 5-player pre-made team just because there are 2 people grouped & queued together on my team. Reduce interaction between SoloQ & pre-mades will improve gameplay for most of your players, as overwhelming majority of your PvP players queue solo. As a result the PvP environment would be more healthy, people will have more fun, and as a result you should see increased PvP activities.

(edited by gavyne.6847)

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

(…)
Good to hear. Looking forward to the changes. Hopefully it will help some with the toxicity but I seriously doubt it will :/

What definitely WILL help against toxicity, is better matchmaking. Noobs getting matched with dedicated pvpers will always result in namecalling and toxicity. Just as when casual players (“if I dont win now, Ill win later <shrug*>”) get put on a team with elitist players (“have-to-win-thishavetowinthishavetowinthisNOW”). Soloqueuer against/with premades… you get the picture.

Im taking you at your word, and stop destroying my mmr on my pvp account for the last division cross I need.

(edited by Yasi.9065)

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: ReaverKane.7598

ReaverKane.7598

Make seasons longer, last season was pretty good, managed to get matched with good players (the opposite of this season), i was getting win streak up win streak, and getting better. Now i’m having a hard time getting out of Emerald…

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Mel.8495

-Grouch

more skill based? I think it is too hard to reach legendary
can you sell a legendary division booster in the gem store? I would pay 8000 gems for it

(edited by Mel.8495)

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Aereniel.7356

Aereniel.7356

-Grouch

Attachments:

Been here since launch
Legend S1-S3 with 100% solo queue 100% conquest
Filthy casual, 6k sPvP games

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

-Grouch

I approve, this sounds promising.

slap on the butt Go get ’em tiger.

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Luto.1938

Luto.1938

-Grouch

Remove class stacking. This would help a lot with the various balance patches and what classes become “OP” or the flavor of the month. The only issue with this is that maybe in ranked a player would be locked into playing the class they que with. Similar to how a player is locked into a specific build once the match begins. Understanding this would increase que times, its a sacrifice that many of us are willing to make.

Luto Locke
Twitch Stream

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

-Grouch

Will the current MMR be the metric of that individual player skill or you intend to go for something that better reflect individual contribution in an ever changing team setting?

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

-Grouch

Remove class stacking. This would help a lot with the various balance patches and what classes become “OP” or the flavor of the month. The only issue with this is that maybe in ranked a player would be locked into playing the class they que with. Similar to how a player is locked into a specific build once the match begins. Understanding this would increase que times, its a sacrifice that many of us are willing to make.

Due to a low PvP population (as evidenced by the lengthier queue times some players are having), I’m not sure if completely removing class stacking will help or hurt more. Maybe leave it as a max of 2 of the same class per team to facilitate teaming up soloqueue players?

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

Next

can you sell a legendary division booster in the gem store? I would pay 8000 gems for it

Not everyone belongs in legendary – it should be hard to get into.

As for the second question – no.

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Mel.8495

its too bad if you dont want the money of us casual players, i bet a lot of people would gladly pay those 8000 (or more) gems to skip this season annoyance

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Don’t worry about the average match score too much things snow ball often in matches making the score difference at the end larger then the actual difference in skill between the two teams and sometimes is not indicitive of the competitveness of the match. You’ve adjusted matchmaking several times already and there is no evidence the average score of individual matches got any better under any of them. Worry about make league placement more presitigious and about actual skill and rewarding people better after they have plateaued so worse players don’t get upset when they can’t get out of the first few leagues because they have reasons to play to try to improve.

(edited by brannigan.9831)

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

its too bad if you dont want the money of us casual players, i bet a lot of people would gladly pay those 8000 (or more) gems to skip this season annoyance

I like working my way to whatever level I belong to. Paying to get to legendary has no merit whatsoever.

I agree. However, you could mount a similar argument for MMR putting you there instead of letting deeds speak of your skills…

If I understand how this is turning to be, the top 100 MMR will be sent directly to legendary without having to lift a finger to get there once the competition starts.

Why can’t it simply be a tournament ppl have to register in with a team and see how far that team goes?

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Light Of The Abyss.5927

Light Of The Abyss.5927

I like working my way to whatever level I belong to. Paying to get to legendary has no merit whatsoever.

I agree. However, you could mount a similar argument for MMR putting you there instead of letting deeds speak of your skills…

If I understand how this is turning to be, the top 100 MMR will be sent directly to legendary without having to lift a finger to get there once the competition starts.

Why can’t it simply be a tournament ppl have to register in with a team and see how far that team goes?

You could look at it another way and the people with higher MMR will have a much harder time getting to legendary because from the get go they are matched with other high MMR people that are on their way to legendary.

Delpfine Drake

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

You could look at it another way and the people with higher MMR will have a much harder time getting to legendary because from the get go they are matched with other high MMR people that are on their way to legendary.

If all categories are made of similarly “skilled” players the relative difficulty should be the same for all category.

Anyway, in my example above I was speaking of ppl STARTING at legendary just because of MMR. No deeds required at all just the rating. That would be lame as kitten…

I can understand the rating meaning something for ESL teams for example since they are very stable but for a player base that mostly soloq it’s laughable.

That it is an individual rating is already a big stretch. When that same rating is made of infinite numbers of players and contexts you have to wonder what it even mean anymore.

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: rosa.9814

rosa.9814

Sorry but i I still did not get it!
Will have a Season 5 this year after season 4?
I have the same problem about croos leagues achievment.

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Coelho Nat.4697

Coelho Nat.4697

I do agree that not everyone deserves Legendary (I include myself since I am casual pvp player). The wings, however, should be achievable over time to everyone after 4 or 5 seasons (and earlier to the best players).
I think I will not be able to cross all the necessary tiers this season. I hope next season be soon so I can get the wings.

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Not everyone belongs in legendary – it should be hard to get into.

As for the second question – no.

Everything sounds great, but are really people skilled to reach lengend, or it is a matter of build and class stacks/burst rotation most cases?

Wouldnt a division down system would help to sanitize the system, after those fixes??

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

I think people will be ok if you want to create an elite tier that’s hard to reach for notoriety. But when it comes to rewards and progressing your characters, those have to be things general players (95% of your PvP playerbase) can achieve. You need carrots & goals for everybody.

Generally the hardcore PvP enthusiasts care more about notoriety, they want to be special. While the rest of your playerbase want fun and a sense of accomplishment, a way for them to feel they’re advancing and be rewarded for getting better.

Might I suggest GW2 implement something like WoW’s PvP leaderboards or DAOC’s Camelotherald? Things like these drive competitive minded players to play PvP, no matter if they’re hardcore or casual. This game is really missing means to see stats, builds, and ways to compare themselves with others. Right now in GW2 PvP, for a competitive mode, there’s really no competition.

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I don’t understand why Anet is being so silent on class balance.

Why do we always end up with 3 to 7 Dragon Hunters in every match we play?
I mean I’ve played matches where you had 5 DH on one team and 2 on the other team.

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: icy.9250

icy.9250

I’m in same boat as OP as I only got into ranked last season. I’m finishing up Collection 3, but now I have concerns if I should even try parts of Collection 4?

TLDR — I have no chance to finish “divisions crossed”. Should I still go ham on Collection 4?

icy`

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

I’m in same boat as OP as I only got into ranked last season. I’m finishing up Collection 3, but now I have concerns if I should even try parts of Collection 4?

TLDR — I have no chance to finish “divisions crossed”. Should I still go ham on Collection 4?

icy`

Only if you feel the look of the wings are worth it. I wouldn’t do because of prestige because there is none behind the wings. Another main reason why I was able to stop just into Season 3 was because IMO, the wings looks alittle too plain to me, compared to the amount of headache and rotting me from the inside out match after match after match for what even reasons MM deemed worthy. Add the fact the only sense of accomplishment would have been that I could’ve been telling like all of the people I hang out on GW2 with tell people. “Lol I don’t even have to veiwable to anyone I just like to link them in chat time to time, to let people know I grinding my but off for them. But yeah I don’t feel like I deserve them at all which takes all of the fun out of having show on my back.”

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Only if you feel the look of the wings are worth it. I wouldn’t do because of prestige because there is none behind the wings. Another main reason why I was able to stop just into Season 3 was because IMO, the wings looks alittle too plain to me, compared to the amount of headache and rotting me from the inside out match after match after match for what even reasons MM deemed worthy.

Yep I was exactly the same and quit at the same time.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Urejt.5648

Urejt.5648

are u ruby yet?

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

sPvP Season 5 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Zania.8461

Zania.8461

Based on the few tidbits dropped so far it feels that the new system will just translate tournament MMR into division/rank (numerical value with some cutoff points for each corresponding division), and an added tournament exclusive reward track(s) will be used to get people to keep playing once they settle on their level?