sPvP point awarding

sPvP point awarding

in PvP

Posted by: Carlin.1059

Carlin.1059

Hi,

The way points are given in sPvP is fundamentally broken.
You need 4000 points to go from rank 16 to 17.
That’s 400 point captures. 400 for 17 out of 80.

You get no points for defending a point, unless you kill a guy.
You get no points for interrupting a capture.
You get no points for filling up the capture point’s “hp bar”.

If you want sPvP to be a grind, then at least make it a fun one. Kills and captures are the only ways to get points, if you exclude killing the trebuchet.

ALSO: Everytime a capture point ticks, the player should receive 1 experience as well.
The way it’s setup now I’m tempted to call it purly idiotic, and not very well though through (Like many parts of the game).

FIX IT.

After all, it’s the only content we got..

(edited by Carlin.1059)

sPvP point awarding

in PvP

Posted by: Veldan.4637

Veldan.4637

In my opinion this needs to be changed:

Hot join:
Winning should be awarded more here. The currently given point distribution would be fine, if only winning was more important.

And most important:

Tournaments:
Every team member should get the same amount of points here. It’s absolutely ridiculous that one of my guildies gets 300 points, while I get 50, just because I had the role of defender while he was capturing and killing. You play as a team, you should get points as a team.

sPvP point awarding

in PvP

Posted by: Carlin.1059

Carlin.1059

In my opinion this needs to be changed:

Hot join:
Winning should be awarded more here. The currently given point distribution would be fine, if only winning was more important.

And most important:

Tournaments:
Every team member should get the same amount of points here. It’s absolutely ridiculous that one of my guildies gets 300 points, while I get 50, just because I had the role of defender while he was capturing and killing. You play as a team, you should get points as a team.

Yes, definitely.
The guys that have designed the pvp in this game has no kitten clue about what they are doing.

sPvP point awarding

in PvP

Posted by: Shalashaska.4803

Shalashaska.4803

At first I was in disagreement at how fundamentally flawed the point system is. Though after really evaluating it. I can see now exactly how flawed it is.

The current point system does not reward winning it rewards manipulation of objectives and kills in a way that is counter-productive to winning.

The points should be based ONLY on:
Standing inside the objective point
Getting kills where the enemy (NOT THE PLAYER) is near the objective point
Reviving fallen teammates

Arenanet really needs to fix this.

sPvP point awarding

in PvP

Posted by: Veldan.4637

Veldan.4637

See I think standing inside objective points should never give you glory, since that would only promote both sides grabbing a point and then standing in it with the full team. I know currently defending is always less rewarding, but I think for hot join, that can’t really be fixed.

sPvP point awarding

in PvP

Posted by: Hyde.6189

Hyde.6189

The current system encourages the whole team to sit in a point until it’s captured so they get the capture points, even though there is absolutely no point them being there since it captures just as fast with one person.

Also agree that points should be awarded for each part of the bar filled, so that if you fill it halfway then someone else arrives and you leave you still get half the points for the capture. Although this still won’t fix the issue described above as everyone will still all stand on the one spot to get the points, though maybe if the points are shared between everyone on the point they will get so few that it will be more worthwhile to go do something more useful instead.

sPvP point awarding

in PvP

Posted by: allart.3746

allart.3746

Free tournaments grant 300 extra points to winner team members, 200 to seconds place and I think 100 to third place. So if you win a free tournament you gain around 200 + 200 + 200 + 300 = 900 points.

Don’t waste your time in the pointless game browser matches, do free tournaments! it’s much better. even alone with a random roster.

sPvP point awarding

in PvP

Posted by: Burrfish.6408

Burrfish.6408

As Veldan said I think tournaments need to reward the team and not the player.

Also, in Hot Join the amount of glory that is awarded for “winning” is ludicrously low, and detracts from the sense of accomplishment that the victorious side ought to have.

Example: Let’s say Ed Engineer is specced to bunker down and hold nodes. He could potentially cap a point like Henge and hold it for his team all game, thereby contributing to their ultimate victory, and only receive 25 glory (10 for cap, 15 for win. and I know that this is an extreme and unlikely case).
Meanwhile, Tom Thief has been roaming the byways picking off single targets all game and comes out of the match with 150 glory (not even that much) despite being on the losing side.
So who’s the winner here, because if both players were after glory to increase their rank I’d say Tom Thief got the better deal.

Anways, aside from other glory balances, I’d like to see the per win number bumped to around 75-100.