smile with me

smile with me

in PvP

Posted by: official.7362

official.7362

http://www.twitch.tv/nosuchthingashalfwaycruuk/v/24308141

ps i know i could have survived that this was more just hilarious to me the way the music fit to what happened

as far as teleporting out i was trying to with shadow step but i was slowed and on another side note teleporting out of the ring still does dmg to you as if u walked out urself. not on that ring but on the other that he didnt even need to kill me with all he need was the 2 traps to 100-0 me with no teleport(breaksun is useless agasint dh) and its not like im runnin zerker i have valk with 20k health

that build is wayyyyyy to much hand holding from anet

kitten they deleted my song in twitch that was playing it was sara smile by hall & oats for the best video play that song as soon as my video starts

(edited by official.7362)

smile with me

in PvP

Posted by: Dakarius.3284

Dakarius.3284

You’ve only yourself to blame. The proper response to encountering a DH as a thief is to shadowstep away and run in the opposite direction as fast as you can.

smile with me

in PvP

Posted by: bbennett.7463

bbennett.7463

LOL Cruuuk. Its makaveli, why are you everywhere I go!?!?!??

smile with me

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

You burn shadowstep for mobility, why? You kept bouncing into the trap instead of stealing out of it (you could’ve, since there was a necro spamming staff at you on point).

DH is definitely going to get a nerf since this community is 90% braindead. The remaining 10% cba to comment here, aside from chaithh who got minstrel removed -puts illerminutty dankmlg doritos hat on-.

smile with me

in PvP

Posted by: glaphen.5230

glaphen.5230

You burn shadowstep for mobility, why? You kept bouncing into the trap instead of stealing out of it (you could’ve, since there was a necro spamming staff at you on point).

DH is definitely going to get a nerf since this community is 90% braindead. The remaining 10% cba to comment here, aside from chaithh who got minstrel removed -puts illerminutty dankmlg doritos hat on-.

He was using Shadow Trap and thought his trap stood a chance against DH traps but the DH damage won before it finished casting.

smile with me

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

…you just stood there.

1) Withdraw would have saved your kitten
2) Shadowstep would have saved your kitten
3) Infiltrator’s Arrow would have saved your kitten
4) A dodge could have even saved your kitten
5) Using Shadow Trap earlier would have saved your kitten

But instead, just sat in the traps for over 4 seconds like a deer in headlights. You weren’t even immobilized!

And that’s on top of the fact that you just walked up to a point clearly defended by a dragonhunter. I can’t think of another situation that screams “THERE WILL BE TRAPS IF YOU WALK HERE!!” more than a situation like this.

What do you expect?

There is so much counterplay here, even with your terrible choice in thief skills, that would have saved you from this outcome…I don’t even know what to say.

edit @ Glaphen: He stood in the traps for almost 3 seconds before even starting to cast shadow trap.

smile with me

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

Hows about he uses steal instead? Why run shadow trap at all, in fact? Its essentially a weaker shadowstep. Bad rune choice, bad heal skill choice, he’s running d/p so bound is redundant, he ignored the best skill to use in that situation for the escape and then wants to call his opponent OP? I didn’t dodge a gravedigger yesterday (he came out of stealth for some reason) and it literally ripped through me from around 14k hp to 0. Should I cry about that as well? How about not dodging a mesmer shatter? ANET NERF THESE THINGS PLEASE. I’LL BRING A RECORDING LATER IF NEED BE.

smile with me

in PvP

glaphen.5230

…you just stood there.

But instead, just sat in the traps for over 4 seconds like a deer in headlights. You weren’t even immobilized!

And that’s on top of the fact that you just walked up to a point clearly defended by a dragonhunter. I can’t think of another situation that screams “THERE WILL BE TRAPS IF YOU WALK HERE!!” more than a situation like this.

What do you expect?

There is so much counterplay here, even with your terrible choice in thief skills, that would have saved you from this outcome…I don’t even know what to say.

edit @ Glaphen: He stood in the traps for almost 3 seconds before even starting to cast shadow trap.

He was using healing signet for might stacks. Yes it could have but he used it for mobility. He doesn’t have a SB probably since he was spamming Heartseeker at the start. He was stuck in the barrier even if it didn’t look like it since he get’s interrupt at the end dodge attempt too. As for last one and response he was interrupted by barrier and knockdowned. Only chance he would have is if he stealed but I think he accidently pressed it or used it for more stealth before combat for some reason and it went on cooldown.

(edited by glaphen.5230)

smile with me

in PvP

Dahkeus.8243

…you just stood there.

What do you expect?

He was using healing signet for might stacks. Yes it could have but he used it for mobility. He doesn’t have a SB probably since he was spamming Heartseeker at the start. He was stuck in the barrier even if it didn’t look like it since he get’s interrupt at the end dodge attempt too. As for last one and response he was interrupted by barrier and knockdowned. Only chance he would have is if he stealed but I think he accidently pressed it before combat for some reason and it went on cooldown.

Didn’t see the knockdown on barrier, so I guess it was a little less blatantly bad.

However, I still don’t think you can blame DH traps when you blow all your defensive cooldowns before walking into a blatantly trapped area.

Also doesn’t help that he continued to walk into the barrier and knocked himself down a second time.

smile with me

in PvP

glaphen.5230

…you just stood there.

What do you expect?

He was using healing signet for might stacks. Yes it could have but he used it for mobility. He doesn’t have a SB probably since he was spamming Heartseeker at the start. He was stuck in the barrier even if it didn’t look like it since he get’s interrupt at the end dodge attempt too. As for last one and response he was interrupted by barrier and knockdowned. Only chance he would have is if he stealed but I think he accidently pressed it before combat for some reason and it went on cooldown.

Didn’t see the knockdown on barrier, so I guess it was a little less blatantly bad.

However, I still don’t think you can blame DH traps when you blow all your defensive cooldowns before walking into a blatantly trapped area.

Also doesn’t help that he continued to walk into the barrier and knocked himself down a second time.

He saw the LB5 channel and knew it would kill him with the impact damage if he didn’t dodge and his Shadow Trap wasn’t casting fast enough with the slow.

smile with me

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

Cruuk… serious question. I’m not trolling. It’s a serious question… why do you and Garden of Spirit ALWAYS go far?

Seriously why… I would really like an answer to that question.

People joke about it… “I’m going far like Cruuk”

You always always always go far. Why?

smile with me

in PvP

Posted by: Firebird.8324

Firebird.8324

I’m going to make a video of my reaper getting 100-0ed by a thief and make a post explaining why thief should be nerfed.

Over Powered Necro [dk] (Bird of Fire)
One spam to rule them all!
Mains Power Necro for team Radioactive[dk]

smile with me

in PvP

Dahkeus.8243

…you just stood there.

What do you expect?

He saw the LB5 channel and knew it would kill him with the impact damage if he didn’t dodge and his Shadow Trap wasn’t casting fast enough with the slow.

Dodging is always a bad idea when you hit a warding line. It’s like trying to pull your fingers apart when you’re playing with a Chinese Finger Trap.

Still doesn’t defend walking right into DH traps when you’ve blown every stunbreak except for a 1.5 second teleport on shadow trap.

smile with me

in PvP

glaphen.5230

…you just stood there.

What do you expect?

Dodging is always a bad idea when you hit a warding line. It’s like trying to pull your fingers apart when you’re playing with a Chinese Finger Trap.

Still doesn’t defend walking right into DH traps when you’ve blown every stunbreak except for a 1.5 second teleport on shadow trap.

Well you could see where he was placing the traps but the Maw was placed a bit ahead of the rest and I think was placed on top of him while the DH was stealthed by trapper runes.

smile with me

in PvP

Dahkeus.8243

…you just stood there.

What do you expect?

Well you could see where he was placing the traps but the Maw was placed a bit ahead of the rest and I think was placed on top of him while the DH was stealthed by trapper runes.

You don’t need to see where he placed any of them. If there’s a DH standing on a point by himself, it’s painfully obvious that the second you step anywhere on that point the whole place will explode once you do. You should never, ever, ever walk onto any trap, whether it’s Ranger or DH or whatever if you don’t have the tools available to deal with it.

smile with me

in PvP

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

https://youtu.be/4QehQaQvFn0
No one should be allowed to 100-0 anyone else in less than 4 seconds. Even versus dummies.

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

smile with me

in PvP

glaphen.5230

…you just stood there.

What do you expect?

You don’t need to see where he placed any of them. If there’s a DH standing on a point by himself, it’s painfully obvious that the second you step anywhere on that point the whole place will explode once you do. You should never, ever, ever walk onto any trap, whether it’s Ranger or DH or whatever if you don’t have the tools available to deal with it.

DH wasn’t standing on the point, a Necro was, DH was stealthed after he placed a trap. I swear you DH spam the forums with learn to dodge but now you say don’t even go anywhere near the invisible traps.

smile with me

in PvP

Dahkeus.8243

…you just stood there.

What do you expect?

DH wasn’t standing on the point, a Necro was, DH was stealthed after he placed a trap. I swear you DH spam the forums with learn to dodge but now you say don’t even go anywhere near the invisible traps.

Re-watch the video. The DH was walking up to the point and the guy even targetted him before yoloing into a 2 v 1.

And why are you trying to hard to argue this? Do you honestly think that this guy was actually running a good build and made good decisions here??

smile with me

in PvP

glaphen.5230

…you just stood there.

What do you expect?

Re-watch the video. The DH was walking up to the point and the guy even targetted him before yoloing into a 2 v 1.

And why are you trying to hard to argue this? Do you honestly think that this guy was actually running a good build and made good decisions here??

Yes he has a stealth based build, if you’ll notice he was in stealth the entire time 100-0.

smile with me

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

You got owned..you never go into dh from the front (traps are there already). Train more.

smile with me

in PvP

Dahkeus.8243

…you just stood there.

What do you expect?

Yes he has a stealth based build, if you’ll notice he was in stealth the entire time 100-0.

Ok, so a guardian walks to a point then stealths when the only teammate nearby is a necro.

There’s only 1 possible way a guardian will stealth by themselves…runes of the TRAPPER.

Go to 0:47. Watch as the DH is obviously walking towards the point and is targetted by the player. He stays visible right until he gets on the point.

At this point, why this yolo thief thinks it’s a good idea to 2 v 1 at far right as the game. This is never a good idea, no matter what profession you play and no matter what professions you’re going against.

The guy is either not paying attention or just thought “GUESS THIS GUARDIAN IS A GHOST, LOL! NO THREAT HERE!”

smile with me

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

No one should be allowed to 100-0 anyone else in less than 4 seconds. Even versus dummies.

equip stability + dodge?

smile with me

in PvP

glaphen.5230

…you just stood there.

What do you expect?

Ok, so a guardian walks to a point then stealths when the only teammate nearby is a necro.

There’s only 1 possible way a guardian will stealth by themselves…runes of the TRAPPER.

Go to 0:47. Watch as the DH is obviously walking towards the point and is targetted by the player. He stays visible right until he gets on the point.

At this point, why this yolo thief thinks it’s a good idea to 2 v 1 at far right as the game. This is never a good idea, no matter what profession you play and no matter what professions you’re going against.

The guy is either not paying attention or just thought “GUESS THIS GUARDIAN IS A GHOST, LOL! NO THREAT HERE!”

Yes he saw where it was placed, he could dodge through it and get on with whatever he was doing far but a invisible placed Maw activates on him suddenly in a different spot than the other and he gets screwed.

equip stability + dodge?

Thief stability, only on a useless elite.

smile with me

in PvP

Dahkeus.8243

Glaphen…what are you even going on about? Your attempt to defend a thief with a bad build who tried to 2 v 1 at far and walked into obvious DH traps is now just going in circles.

smile with me

in PvP

glaphen.5230

Glaphen…what are you even going on about? Your attempt to defend a thief with a bad build who tried to 2 v 1 at far and walked into obvious DH traps is now just going in circles.

How was it obvious, the trap on the point was obvious, the trap placed on top of him while stealthed was invisible, 2 utilities 100-0 him while he was invisible.

smile with me

in PvP

Dahkeus.8243

How was it obvious, the trap on the point was obvious, the trap placed on top of him while stealthed was invisible, 2 utilities 100-0 him while he was invisible.

Because the DH was visible walking up to the point. The player clearly saw this (he even targetted the DH). The guy wasn’t invisible until he got on the point and the only way a guard can stealth is with runes of the trapper.

But really, the guy should have turned around the second he saw 2 red names anywhere near the far point and helped his team at mid instead of feeding the enemy team a free 5 points right at the start of the game.

P.s. I can come out of stealth and down a thief 100-0 with only 2 skills on my condi engi too if he just stands there without any reaction for 4 seconds.

smile with me

in PvP

glaphen.5230

Because the DH was visible walking up to the point. The player clearly saw this (he even targetted the DH). The guy wasn’t invisible until he got on the point and the only way a guard can stealth is with runes of the trapper.

But really, the guy should have turned around the second he saw 2 red names anywhere near the far point and helped his team at mid instead of feeding the enemy team a free 5 points right at the start of the game.

P.s. I can come out of stealth and down a thief 100-0 with only 2 skills on my condi engi too if he just stands there without any reaction for 4 seconds.

Thief was stealthed and no one knew he was there, do that on any other class please.

smile with me

in PvP

Dahkeus.8243

Thief was stealthed and no one knew he was there, do that on any other class please.

Sorry bud, you’re still making no sense.

If you have a dragonhunter that stealths, it’s because he had runes of the trapper and dropped a trap. That’s a clear signal not to just walk up to where he disappeared.

And they didn’t need to see the thief. People attack points from stealth all the time. Just because you don’t see someone doesn’t mean you’re not going to defend a point with traps.

In organized teams, a stealth split that attack far/home is really common. In pug games, there’s, sadly, very often a yolo thief like this who will go far regardless of bad of a decision it is.

smile with me

in PvP

glaphen.5230

If you have a dragonhunter that stealths, it’s because he had runes of the trapper and dropped a trap. That’s a clear signal not to just walk up to where he disappeared.

And they didn’t need to see the thief. People attack points from stealth all the time. Just because you don’t see someone doesn’t mean you’re not going to defend a point with traps.

In organized teams, a stealth split that attack far/home is really common. In pug games, there’s, sadly, very often a yolo thief like this who will go far regardless of bad of a decision it is.

So you just ignore the point because a trap is on it even though all the DH spam the forums that you can send pets to get rid of them or dodge through them, one of the rare DH who didn’t save them and someone saw their placement positions but now the way to counter it is to just do a 180.

smile with me

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

You’ve only yourself to blame. The proper response to encountering any class as a thief is to shadowstep away and run in the opposite direction as fast as you can.

fixed

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

smile with me

in PvP

Dahkeus.8243

So you just ignore the point because a trap is on it even though all the DH spam the forums that you can send pets to get rid of them or dodge through them, one of the rare DH who didn’t save them and someone saw their placement positions but now the way to counter it is to just do a 180.

Are you reading this stuff? Is English your second language maybe? I don’t mean any offense by that, but you really seem confused or something…

I can’t tell if you’re trying to debate general strategies for fighting a DH or are defending the actions of the OP in this situation.

smile with me

in PvP

glaphen.5230

Are you reading this stuff? Is English your second language maybe? I don’t mean any offense by that, but you really seem confused or something…

I can’t tell if you’re trying to debate general strategies for fighting a DH or are defending the actions of the OP in this situation.

I see no problem with what I wrote. Look at any DH thread in this forum, filled with DH spamming learn to dodge, your advice is to not even go to the point anymore.

smile with me

in PvP

Dahkeus.8243

I see no problem with what I wrote. Look at any DH thread in this forum, filled with DH spamming learn to dodge, your advice is to not even go to the point anymore.

Ok, I don’t even know what to say to you anymore…you started by defending what the OP did and are talking about something completely different now. I think you’re trying to pidgeonhole what I said into the generic forum rhetoric going on around here or something maybe…

smile with me

in PvP

glaphen.5230

Ok, I don’t even know what to say to you anymore…you started by defending what the OP did and are talking about something completely different now. I think you’re trying to pidgeonhole what I said into the generic forum rhetoric going on around here or something maybe…

Yes read any response by DH players in any DH complaint thread and count the learn to dodge posts, you as a DH player are saying to not even go to the point at all even though this was a rare instance where you actually could dodge the traps had he placed them directly on top of each other like a normal DH.

smile with me

in PvP

Posted by: No Pulse.2967

No Pulse.2967

Learn to dodge.

Sincerely, a warrior player.

Inactive member in Dark Renegatus [REN]
The Order of Calamity [OOC] is recruiting!
5/8 Champion titles

smile with me

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

That video made my day.

smile with me

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

Cruuk please answer my question above. I really would like an answer.

smile with me

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

This is how traps should work.

If you fall for a trap, you die. Simple as that.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

smile with me

in PvP

Posted by: Dakarius.3284

Dakarius.3284

If only thief traps worked like that. You can literally trip all of a thieves traps and only take a few thousand in damage.

smile with me

in PvP

Posted by: official.7362

official.7362

if u want me to explain you how i rotate and why ill gladly do so over twitch it takes too long to type there are too many variables

my build is setup to handle any scenario even tho it looks like its not everything has a purpose even tho most think im a one trick pony

To break it down
- mobility + shadow trap + fakestealth far = garunteed +1s on our side of map and a decap ready when i want.

btw this video was only put up because i was listen to a funny song that matched the things that happend in the video perfectly but twitch took it out. It doesnt mean i couldnt have done something better and saved my utilities and steal for surviving but i took that chance to try and setup a +1 for my team and it backfired.

But seriously tho do we all want to play in a game where dh traps can literally dominate u while the Dh has one hand on the wheel sry no hands….. all while making breakstun useless….. yes uselesss……. unless u have a port of some sort which alot of classes dont… and that can kill you with over 20k health in half a second (it would have if he had the other ring trap down) play theif for a day then play DH and ull realize how insanely stupid Dh is even if there is a way to get out of the trap doesnt mean he cant just throw another down 15 sec later and do the same thing when u dont have cooldowns to counter it. My mission was to distract them both and yes i failed at that but i took the chance since thief is only good for +1ing and running id rather stand and die and try to find my own counters then run

PS DONT LOOK AT THIS FROM A DH IS OP VIDEO (EVEN THO IT IS) IT WAS JUST FOR A LAUGH BUT TWITCH RUINED MY MUSIC SO kitten IT

(edited by official.7362)

smile with me

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

where do thief traps fit into this logic, please explain~

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

smile with me

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

…or Ranger traps.

smile with me

in PvP

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

…or Ranger traps.

Thieves and Rangers aren’t Guardians, so it’s okay.

Alright meow, where were we?