smoke scale needs to go

smoke scale needs to go

in PvP

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

To be fair it isn’t the whiners… people have been whining about thief, mesmer, ele etc. for years and they’ve never done anything about them.

I mean crhist right now we have thieves that are literally never visible when they kill you and they haven’t done anything about it.

You know.. I don’t even care about other classes at this point. I’m kittening tired of knee-jerk nefs to the ranger. I mean, come on, how do you go about nerfing one skill and destroying an entirely different and unrelated skill in the process?.

Oh I don’t disagree with you at all. I think it’s ridiculous and have rolled my eyes constantly over the years at Anet’s treatment of rangers.

Sucks it’s the only class that appeals to me.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

smoke scale needs to go

in PvP

Posted by: sinject.4607

sinject.4607

NEUROZENE, MASTER OF BALANCE, STRIKES AGAIN

smoke scale needs to go

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

You mean master of overnerfing?

The f2 got nerfed too at the same time unfortunately.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

smoke scale needs to go

in PvP

Posted by: sinject.4607

sinject.4607

please read the patch notes, this was a bug fix, not a balance change. you rangers were/are actually defending a bug lmao

smoke scale needs to go

in PvP

Posted by: Shadowstep.6049

Shadowstep.6049

fun game~
test with ranger, this is what happens if you don’t have dodges with scrapper runes so 7% dmg redux

Attachments:

smoke scale needs to go

in PvP

StickerHappy.8052

please read the patch notes, this was a bug fix, not a balance change. you rangers were/are actually defending a bug lmao

Read the patchnotes, I wasnt referring to the damage, the Blindfield on smokescale is AI now. not f2. LOL so long on demand blind field.

Read the patchnotes thoroughly next time before acting like a….

(edited by StickerHappy.8052)

smoke scale needs to go

in PvP

StickerHappy.8052

fun game~
test with ranger, this is what happens if you don’t have dodges with scrapper runes so 7% dmg redux

I dont even know how you get this numbers, the damage was nerfed by 50%

smoke scale needs to go

in PvP

Posted by: glaphen.5230

glaphen.5230

fun game~

I dont even know how you get this numbers, the damage was nerfed by 50%

Taken before the nerf probably.

smoke scale needs to go

in PvP

Posted by: Vegito.3048

Vegito.3048

It was hilarious watching people defend the damage of this pet.

Rantev [Warrior]

smoke scale needs to go

in PvP

Posted by: panda the chop chop.4712

panda the chop chop.4712

No one cares about damage, no one even payed attention to it.

F2 was swapped.

IGN: Itspanda

smoke scale needs to go

in PvP

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

it’s a tanky pet that does 10-16k in a single Smoke Assault that can’t be interrupted or properly predicted thanks to it vanishing before attacking.

who thought this was okay?

Don’t worry, it was nerfed. Now rangers still suck.

smoke scale needs to go

in PvP

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Hah! I knew it. Less than three days out the gate, and PvP players’ demands nerfed the only good pet. And, in the meanwhile, rangers still have the biggest bug list to date.

I think this is the first MMO I’ve ever seen players scream nerf for a pet.

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

smoke scale needs to go

in PvP

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

People are upset by the smoke scale nerf lol

Wow

smoke scale needs to go

in PvP

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

Most rangers don’t care about the damage, it’s the F2 swap they did in the process that needs to be reverted NOW!

smoke scale needs to go

in PvP

Lazze.9870

Wow

No, people are primarly upset about this:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/SWAP-SMOKESCALE-F2-s-back-NOW/first

smoke scale needs to go

in PvP

Posted by: SirWarriant.2319

SirWarriant.2319

How about Smokescale goes when every other hard hitting ability in the game goes away or Rangers get the option to get rid of a broken piece of kitten that 30% of our damage is locked behind. kitten off with your witch hunts against anything half decent Rangers get. Go complain about D/D ele or something.

Ullr Thorgislwulf: 80 Ranger Yaks Bend sPvP & WvW
Eladan of Greenwood: 80 Ranger
Elemir Swiftblade: 80 Thief

smoke scale needs to go

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

TBH smoke scale now is better. UA does less dmg but you can time it and even use it more

M I L K B O I S

smoke scale needs to go

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnar.3916

Ragnar.3916

it’s clearly worse, wtf?

before you was able to blast stealth.
and now you just can use this burst attack, then i can just go back to birds if i want that.

this “revenant attack” was fine when the pet do it by himself
nn to time that when i can’t time the smoke field any more!

smoke scale needs to go

in PvP

Posted by: Chips.7968

Chips.7968

YO, this is how ALL pets should be like, considering the amount of damage ranger DOESN’T have because its split with the pet. I’m just glad this pet actually hit targets now!

Its pretty much a l2p issue at this point, just you know… dodge. Oh yeah and revenants, can’t forget them… oh reapers… scrappers… LOL

How many dodges do people have? For low health pool classes we dodge the rapidfire as that near kills us if we don’t… and not every class has access to protection, blocks or other means of damage mitigation! If there’s a bug which made this strong and it got fixed then so be it!

I’ve yet to come across this so no idea what it’s like really but if something is overpowered then standing pointing at another class and going “but they are” doesn’t suddenly mean yours isn’t or that it shouldn’t be addressed! It is possible that many things will need a tweak to balance things well, so post about those concerns of yours on those classes.

(edited by Chips.7968)

smoke scale needs to go

in PvP

Krysard.1364

it’s clearly worse, wtf?

before you was able to blast stealth.
and now you just can use this burst attack, then i can just go back to birds if i want that.

this “revenant attack” was fine when the pet do it by himself
nn to time that when i can’t time the smoke field any more!

Well, I want to stealth a few times, while use UA as much as possible, so I think I can live with the fact that I can only stealth when pet-swapping

M I L K B O I S

smoke scale needs to go

in PvP

Posted by: Kaze.6029

Kaze.6029

Wow

No the damage nerf is okay because it was needed. Changing the f2 ability is not. right now you have a pet which will randomly smoke yourself and your party making when it a complete baggage.

smoke scale needs to go

in PvP

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

• smokefield on-demand
  • pet invulnerability on-demand

Is better than having the burst on-demand.

smoke scale needs to go

in PvP

Lazze.9870

Well, I want to stealth a few times, while use UA as much as possible, so I think I can live with the fact that I can only stealth when pet-swapping

This isn’t even an argument, it would use UA as much as possible regardless. You can easily time UA on pet swap aswell. Use F3 after swap if you want to buff the pet before using it.

9/10 people want the on-demand smokefield, and therefore the option to have it outside combat and indepedent of a skill rotation. The swap kittening stupid.

smoke scale needs to go

in PvP

Krysard.1364

9/10 people want the on-demand smokefield

Legit argument I guess

M I L K B O I S

smoke scale needs to go

in PvP

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

9/10 people want the on-demand smokefield

Legit argument I guess

It’s not 9/10… It’s more like 89/100…

smoke scale needs to go

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfs Shadow.7234

Wolfs Shadow.7234

It was hilarious watching people defend the damage of this pet.

I know right! Rangers getting upset about being nerfed repeatedly in a 24-48 hour time span on every patch that comes out. How dare they get upset. It is so funny to watch.

Even the Druid was nerfed post BWE3

o_0

(edited by Wolfs Shadow.7234)

smoke scale needs to go

in PvP

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

I played against reapers and thiefs, that have way more ‘overtuned’ stuff then the smokescale was. And now they double nerfed it. Nerfed it as about the only thing in the game, proving they hate ranger more then other specs, etc.

Nobody of ranger community that is serious, disagrees with the damage nerf. But the other nerf (and druid, who had 4 nerfs on celestial form, rendering it useless), and WhaO debacle, proved the devs hate rangers. Disclaimer I play all profession often and long. I have no bias against any prof. But the devs definitely do (Roy prefers revenant and hates rangers, everyone who reads forums often knows this).

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.