so how do you kill ele ?

so how do you kill ele ?

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

Might want to check the recent meta battle? Several of those builds are great+ or meta. Meta is little more than “finished recent tournies with”. Cele Necro has a niche, but it itself isn’t OP. It just so happens to be great at letting nutlets kill themselves with their own stuff.

I find signet necros to be perfectly balanced actually. theyre strong, but nothing special. we’re only seeing so many of them because 1) there aren’t any other viable necro builds, and 2) theyre needed for boon stripping d/d eles, i.e. they have a role.

so how do you kill ele ?

in PvP

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

Cele necro is indeed OP. If you think it is not please tell me which meta build counters it?

Hammer/gs warrior
Decap Engi
LB ranger
Cele ele matchup is 50/50
Interrupt mesmer

Meta

bruh..
http://metabattle.com/wiki/MetaBattle_Wiki

Just because it does well vs thieves doesn’t mean it’s super OP.
Also soon we get dodge stealth so save your forum warrior adrenaline for the sea of tears this weekend.
Also get what ever empty buckets you have.

The salt will be
EPIC

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

so how do you kill ele ?

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

I have the answer to the OP…. turn it into a Moa

Vampirism proc will save him Welcome to the current meta.

so how do you kill ele ?

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

A d/d Ele will fall to sustained conditions ( especially confusion ) and stuns. In truth I worry more about necros in a match.

I’ll agree that d/d ele needs a tone down.. just increase the element swap time cooldowns a bit, et voila’

It really isn’t as crazy as people make it out to be. On the other hand, it does seem to require a major freakout to get attention focused on a problem.

Mesmerising Girl

so how do you kill ele ?

in PvP

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

honestly last time celestial was a the issue (ele/engie/war) i was all for nerfing the professions using them instead of the amulet itself. at this point, i just want to see the amulet removed entirely. nothing good has ever come from it, it’s been by far the most corrosive thing in pvp for years now and has only lead to overpowered builds that completely dominate and shape the meta for all the worse. it should be abundantly clear by now that an amulet that has 30% more stats than all others will never be balanced when there’s builds that are capable utilizing every one of those stats. it’s just basic math.

THIS. It’s a badly designed amulet with very binary usage. Either it’s useless for your build, or insanely overpowered (D/D Ele)

while celestial d/d ele is undoubtedly the posterchild for overpowered cele builds, people shouldn’t forget celestial necro. celestial necro is in the same tier as mesmer right now, and just like mesmer, is in need of some surgical nerfs to bring it in line.

And i think thief needs some surgical nerfs to bring it in line. Especially to their ability to blind, disengage and a little bit of damage shaved off.

See? I can play the stupid classism game too.

Actually you can’t because if your losing 1v1 to a thief on anything it’s a l2p issue on your part.

Cele necro is indeed OP. If you think it is not please tell me which meta build counters it?

I did not talk about cele necro, that thing is a beast. I pointed out that his comment sounds like a thief who is kitten about not being able to one-shot mesmers.

so how do you kill ele ?

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I agree, Cele necro is a beast. As to thieves no longer 1 shotting Mesmers… thanks be to Lyssa and the devs.

Mesmerising Girl

so how do you kill ele ?

in PvP

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

Alright. I’ve been seeing several “How Do I Kill An Ele?” threads going around. So, I thought I’d drop in my two cents.

You get a +1 from me for taking the time and effort to try to help people.

Alright meow, where were we?

so how do you kill ele ?

in PvP

Posted by: light.2597

light.2597

well d/d cele need alot of nerf
now in ranked everyone runing d/d cele ele and it suck ..
it need nerf

so how do you kill ele ?

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

so how do you kill ele ?

they kill you 1v1
they chase you down and kill you
they survive 2v1

at least pre nerfed warriors can still be easily put down.

For myself, I’ve found that a couple of strategies have worked out.
1) Wait for them to mess up (wrong element) and DPS hard/ Condi Hard
2) Pour on the CC

Certain variations of Eles do take a while to kill, but that’s where you have to decide to continue to pursue or focus on point A,B, and C instead.

good eles don’t mess up lol

it’s like saying “Just wait for them being totally bad then kill them”

Good anything doesn’t mess up
The op was asking for help about a class not help against a good player.

Thats like saying “just skip what the op said because good players won’t die”

Now that we have gone full circle…. back on topic

lol you can kill scrub players with any spec vs any spec…asking for tips to fight nabs doesn’t make sense, unless you’re worse then them ofc

if you go for a class vs class (Or spec vs spec) topic you must consider all specs being played at their best ofc…i can kill scrub eles on gs/hammer war but that won’t happen vs any decent ele ofc so waiting for them to mess up is not a valid way to fight someone cause you can’t plan to only fight ppl who can’t play

Wait for them to stand still doing nothing then hb them to death lmao

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

so how do you kill ele ?

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

so how do you kill ele ?

they kill you 1v1
they survive 2v1

2) Pour on the CC

Certain variations of Eles do take a while to kill, but that’s where you have to decide to continue to pursue or focus on point A,B, and C instead.

lol you can kill scrub players with any spec vs any spec…asking for tips to fight nabs doesn’t make sense, unless you’re worse then them ofc

if you go for a class vs class (Or spec vs spec) topic you must consider all specs being played at their best ofc…i can kill scrub eles on gs/hammer war but that won’t happen vs any decent ele ofc so waiting for them to mess up is not a valid way to fight someone cause you can’t plan to only fight ppl who can’t play

You seem to actually think that dd ele is balanced. :o

so how do you kill ele ?

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

so how do you kill ele ?

they kill you 1v1
they survive 2v1

2) Pour on the CC

So you ask for nerfs expecting to beat decent eles as easily as scrub eles?
I seriously doubt that anet will ever grant your wish, you will spend a looooong time here on the forum begging for nerfs…

so how do you kill ele ?

in PvP

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

Every time anyone calls for a nerf on DD eles, an ele reponds that its only natural that you die to them because they are 1000000 times better players then you. So sick of it TBH. The class is over represented in all 3 game modes.

so how do you kill ele ?

in PvP

Posted by: Ritt.3069

Ritt.3069

Every time anyone calls for a nerf on DD eles, an ele reponds that its only natural that you die to them because they are 1000000 times better players then you. So sick of it TBH. The class is over represented in all 3 game modes.

That’s because all the Cele DD ele players are of a godly tier of skill. Just gitgud son.

/sarcasm

William Van Dine/Aria Entreri/Weaver of the Dream
Thousand Lakes Alliance [TLA], Desolation
4 Champion titles, solo/duoq Legend, best old LB rank 64.

so how do you kill ele ?

in PvP

Posted by: Unholy Pillager.3791

Unholy Pillager.3791

I don’t really play d/d ele myself, but my brother tells me it’s easier for him to pick up than cele signet necro (after taking a break from the game), despite the fact that he has ten times as many hours on his necro as on his ele.

so how do you kill ele ?

in PvP

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

In PvE you usually have 2 Elementalists. They are one of the 4 main classes in organised WvW.

And in PvP, DD ele is not only the meta, it dictates what else is meta, across every class.

so how do you kill ele ?

in PvP

Supreme.3164

And how many fresh air ele die to your epic double elixir S +gear shield +soldier gear build? how many staff eles?…but that’s fine isn’kitten anything that die to you is always balanced and the player behind it obviously a scrub.

Wanna talk about other game modes? What about WvW with “immortal” soldier gear engies rifle burst, -40% condi duration + blah blah.

But wait…from the moment that you so expert on balance why don’t you, or maybe somebody else from this legion of clueless forum warriors, tell me exactly how an ele should win against other profession, what should be ele “ace in the sleeve” against all other profession?

Going CC? Compared to an egi?warrior?…where is it?

Going burst? Against stealth classes and no blocks/stealth/reveal skill/reset?…not happening

How an ele can hope to beat anything if not by out-sustaining it?

If not by sustain how an ele should beat ..dunno a stealth burst abuser, a condi spammer, a CC range user, maybe you see something I don’t..or maybe you’re just another forum warrior, what will it be?

P.S This is somebody who know something about balance

Salamander.2504

Before someone pipes up that “PvP isn’t balanced around 1v1”, I hope we can all agree that 1v1’s happen all the time. Condi engi wants to take home at the start of a match? Too bad, a diamond skin ele decided to push far. At best, its a tactical blunder for a voice-comms team; at worst, it ends in obliteration for a PUG.
The Diamond Skin trait is extremely passive, it isn’t build defining in the least, and it has no counterplay from pure condi builds. Should we really be encouraging people who want to run carrion or rabid to run more cele just so they can get an ele to 90%?
On the other side of the token, the trait does absolutely nothing for the ele for the duration of a team fight and/or when your health isn’t sky-high, which makes a GM trait useless for a huge portion of the fight. That doesn’t sound right at all. Some rework should be implemented in order to:
1) Prevent a single trait from hard-countering an entire build “genre” (condi)
2) Make the trait slightly more “build-defining,” requiring active and/or synergistic play to prevent/remove condi’s, rather than passive play.
3) Make the trait functional at all times. Currently, Diamond Skin acts as an invincibility shield when fighting condi builds or any soft-cc openers, but does absolutely nothing otherwise.
For example, all of the above points could be easily addressed by changing Diamond Skin to: “Gain 3 seconds of Resistance when attuning to Earth”
for example, or something much more clever, but basically anything along those lines

He sees the problem and offer a solution, a suggestion that would work for both sides while keeping intact the level of competition, now there are guys like this @Salamander…and guys who don’t want any sort of competition, they simply want to steamroll on every ele they see, to which one of the two groups do you belong?

(edited by Supreme.3164)

so how do you kill ele ?

in PvP

Posted by: TorsoReaper.8530

TorsoReaper.8530

Alright. I’ve been seeing several “How Do I Kill An Ele?” threads going around. So, I thought I’d drop in my two cents.

All that follows is in reference to the current D/D Cele Ele meta build for PvP.

First, I want to say that I play an Ele as my main. I’ve earned the “Champion Magus” title. My PvP level is in the 50’s. 75% of my matches are played with a D/D ele. I primarily play Ranked matches. So, I’d venture to say that I’m decent and understand how they work.

The key to beating an Ele (or any class for that matter) is understanding their skills/traits/and how they work. Yes, players might not want to put the time and effort into this, but, if you’re looking to play in Ranked or higher level play, that’s simply what you have to do.

Now, everyone can look at the current Ele meta build at Metabattle.com. So, I’m going to proceed with breaking down a standard Ele rotation.

Rotation:
Eles generally start out in Air attunement. It has a solid gap closer coupled with a stun/interrupt. So, when an Ele looks like they’re about to engage and are in Air, have a stun break ready. Generally, an Ele will trigger Shocking Aura (for stun) followed by Ride the Lightning (gap closer). They can then follow with Updraft (knockback) to down an enemy if they are still up. An Ele can also throw in Lightning Touch (weakness), but it isn’t really imperative. Next up is generally Fire attunement. Don’t be afraid to lay on damage during the Air phase.

Air is a decent damage attunement. So, it’s generally followed up by the major damage attunement: Fire. Especially if an enemy is still stunned/knocked down from air, Fire is a great choice to lay on some damage to get ahead of the game. Burning Speed (gap closer/Blast) is a good opener. It applies burning and leaves a fire wall for 4 seconds. It usually gets the Ele right on top of the enemy after using Updraft from air attunement. This gives great positioning to trigger Ring of Fire(Fire Field) smack on top of the target. With all the burning generated during this phase, a good next move is Fire Grab so that it does extra damage. If the target has moved out of range though, an Ele might use Drake’s Breath to try and do a bit more damage while getting into good positioning. While the Ele is dishing out damage in fire attunement, Condi clear, defend, run, whatever. Just minimize damage. After this, the Ele has to wait before it can trigger another “real” DPS phase.

Depending on how the fight is going, an Ele will switch between Water and Earth.

If an Ele’s health is still relatively high, they will switch to Earth. The protection is great, but this attunement lacks DPS. Feel free to hit hard in this phase, especially if you can nullify the protection. Generally, an Ele will open this attunement with Magnetic Grasp(immobilize) to trap a target. They can then use Magnetic Leap(chain skill) as a gap closer, but I rarely do. Earthquake(knockdown) is a good follow up. An Ele can use this to try and gain either a little uninterrupted time to heal(more likely, I think) or to begin a new DPS phase. It’s also a common attack for an Ele to use to try and rez a downed teammate. Ring of Earth(cripple/bleed) is an optional earth attack. The bleed isn’t great, but the cripple can help keep an enemy in range for bigger attacks. Churning Earth(better cripple/bleed/blast) is rarely used in a PvP match. The cast time is just too long and leaves the Ele vulnerable. If you see one using this, capitalize on the opportunity with some serious DPS. Basically, Earth attunement is used to control movement. Have stability and other immobilize breaks handy.

Finally, there’s Water attunement. After an Ele goes through their water rotation they CAN’T REALLY HEAL FOR A LONG TIME (In PvP time. You know what I’m talking about. Eight seconds is an eternity in PvP). Be sure to lay on the DPS once they exit. Likely, they’ll open with Frost Aura(damage decrease/chill) or Frozen Burst(chill) to reduce incoming DPS. If they’re in real trouble, they might open with Cleansing Wave(big heal/condi clear). Cone of Cold(heal) can then be used to grant a little more healing. This attunement has very little damage compared to Fire or Air. So, it’s a good idea to heal yourself as well when you see an Ele swap to Water.

For the most part, that’s the general rotation. Air->Fire->Earth->Water->Rinse and Repeat. Now, no two Ele’s rotation is exactly the same. They can change it up to either maximize might and DPS or Heal/tank more. This is what I use, but the way one should react when they see these attunements and attacks should generally remain the same.

Skills:
Signet of Restoration is the heal meta right now. For every attack an Ele does, they get back a little health. Maintaining distance while attacking is a great way to neutralize this. Eles don’t want to waste their cooldowns. So, they won’t spam them if they can’t hit the target. Thus, they lose healing. When they activate the signet, they gain roughly 3,275 health. After that, it takes 25 seconds to gain back any benefit from the signet. RAIN DOWN YOUR FURY AND FRUSTRATION UPON AN ELE IF YOU SEE THEM TRIGGER THIS. They can’t really do anything aside switch to water. And, when that’s gone, no more healing.

Cantrips are the current Ele’s lifeblood. Aside from their special effects, they also grant might and regeneration with the right traits equipped. Regeneration then does 1 condi clear with the proper trait as well. So, space out your conditions and interrupts to make the Ele waste these. It takes 30+ seconds for each one to recharge. Keep that in mind.

Fiery Greatsword does pretty decent DPS. If an Ele uses it though, their healing takes a fairly large hit. Lay on the DPS if you can.

General Tips:
Aside from knowing the rotations and how to react, there’s some general tips one can apply. D/D Eles cannot range to save their lives. Yes, they have a gap closers, but, if you can maintain distance (Rangers), they can’t really touch you. Immobilize Eles to keep them at bay and make them waste their cantrips. Also, if you can screw up an Eles rotation, it wrecks their life. Use interrupts and chill. Interrupts are a no brainer, especially when timed appropriately. Try them out in the fire and water phase to ruin healing and DPS for the Ele. Since chill slows down cooldown times, spam it everywhere if you can (especially in fire and water). Again, it ruins rotations. And don’t forget about the dodge rolls. Evasive Arcana gives each dodge roll a unique ability. If you can shut down the dodge rolls, Eles lose a lot of utility.

Another great tip to down people in PvP (Eles included) is to CALL OUT TARGETS. This small amount of coordination has made the difference in many games I’ve played. You can even call out targets when downed. Call targets on other downed players while you’re downed so you can rez off of them.

I’m sure I’ve forgotten a few things, and I’m sure that my rotation isn’t absolutely perfect, but this is a general idea on how to combat an Ele. It’s possible to kill us. We are squishy. Messing up our rotations creates big windows in which we are vulnerable. One just needs to recognize the signs and capitalize on them.

Why should anyone read this long post or play as ele to learn how to beat ele’s when they can just come in the forums and complain and wait for a nerf?

It’s continuously ironic to me that if ele is so OP, how come so many of them get steamrolled on “daily elementalist winner” day? If it’s soooo easy to just hop on ele and crush everyone, daily elementalist day should be a bloodbath for every other profession… except it’s not.

so how do you kill ele ?

in PvP

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

He sees the problem and offer a solution, a suggestion that would work for both sides while keeping intact the level of competition, now there are guys like this @Salamander…and guys who don’t want any sort of competition, they simply want to steamroll on every ele they see, to which one of the two groups do you belong?

You honor me, sir.

so how do you kill ele ?

in PvP

Unholy Pillager.3791

All that follows is in reference to the current D/D Cele Ele meta build for PvP.

First, I want to say that I play an Ele as my main. I’ve earned the “Champion Magus” title. My PvP level is in the 50’s. 75% of my matches are played with a D/D ele. I primarily play Ranked matches. So, I’d venture to say that I’m decent and understand how they work.

The key to beating an Ele (or any class for that matter) is understanding their skills/traits/and how they work. Yes, players might not want to put the time and effort into this, but, if you’re looking to play in Ranked or higher level play, that’s simply what you have to do.

Now, everyone can look at the current Ele meta build at Metabattle.com. So, I’m going to proceed with breaking down a standard Ele rotation.

Rotation:
Eles generally start out in Air attunement. It has a solid gap closer coupled with a stun/interrupt. So, when an Ele looks like they’re about to engage and are in Air, have a stun break ready. Generally, an Ele will trigger Shocking Aura (for stun) followed by Ride the Lightning (gap closer). They can then follow with Updraft (knockback) to down an enemy if they are still up. An Ele can also throw in Lightning Touch (weakness), but it isn’t really imperative. Next up is generally Fire attunement. Don’t be afraid to lay on damage during the Air phase.

Air is a decent damage attunement. So, it’s generally followed up by the major damage attunement: Fire. Especially if an enemy is still stunned/knocked down from air, Fire is a great choice to lay on some damage to get ahead of the game. Burning Speed (gap closer/Blast) is a good opener. It applies burning and leaves a fire wall for 4 seconds. It usually gets the Ele right on top of the enemy after using Updraft from air attunement. This gives great positioning to trigger Ring of Fire(Fire Field) smack on top of the target. With all the burning generated during this phase, a good next move is Fire Grab so that it does extra damage. If the target has moved out of range though, an Ele might use Drake’s Breath to try and do a bit more damage while getting into good positioning. While the Ele is dishing out damage in fire attunement, Condi clear, defend, run, whatever. Just minimize damage. After this, the Ele has to wait before it can trigger another “real” DPS phase.

Depending on how the fight is going, an Ele will switch between Water and Earth.

If an Ele’s health is still relatively high, they will switch to Earth. The protection is great, but this attunement lacks DPS. Feel free to hit hard in this phase, especially if you can nullify the protection. Generally, an Ele will open this attunement with Magnetic Grasp(immobilize) to trap a target. They can then use Magnetic Leap(chain skill) as a gap closer, but I rarely do. Earthquake(knockdown) is a good follow up. An Ele can use this to try and gain either a little uninterrupted time to heal(more likely, I think) or to begin a new DPS phase. It’s also a common attack for an Ele to use to try and rez a downed teammate. Ring of Earth(cripple/bleed) is an optional earth attack. The bleed isn’t great, but the cripple can help keep an enemy in range for bigger attacks. Churning Earth(better cripple/bleed/blast) is rarely used in a PvP match. The cast time is just too long and leaves the Ele vulnerable. If you see one using this, capitalize on the opportunity with some serious DPS. Basically, Earth attunement is used to control movement. Have stability and other immobilize breaks handy.

Finally, there’s Water attunement. After an Ele goes through their water rotation they CAN’T REALLY HEAL FOR A LONG TIME (In PvP time. You know what I’m talking about. Eight seconds is an eternity in PvP). Be sure to lay on the DPS once they exit. Likely, they’ll open with Frost Aura(damage decrease/chill) or Frozen Burst(chill) to reduce incoming DPS. If they’re in real trouble, they might open with Cleansing Wave(big heal/condi clear). Cone of Cold(heal) can then be used to grant a little more healing. This attunement has very little damage compared to Fire or Air. So, it’s a good idea to heal yourself as well when you see an Ele swap to Water.

For the most part, that’s the general rotation. Air->Fire->Earth->Water->Rinse and Repeat. Now, no two Ele’s rotation is exactly the same. They can change it up to either maximize might and DPS or Heal/tank more. This is what I use, but the way one should react when they see these attunements and attacks should generally remain the same.

Skills:
Signet of Restoration is the heal meta right now. For every attack an Ele does, they get back a little health. Maintaining distance while attacking is a great way to neutralize this. Eles don’t want to waste their cooldowns. So, they won’t spam them if they can’t hit the target. Thus, they lose healing. When they activate the signet, they gain roughly 3,275 health. After that, it takes 25 seconds to gain back any benefit from the signet. RAIN DOWN YOUR FURY AND FRUSTRATION UPON AN ELE IF YOU SEE THEM TRIGGER THIS. They can’t really do anything aside switch to water. And, when that’s gone, no more healing.

Cantrips are the current Ele’s lifeblood. Aside from their special effects, they also grant might and regeneration with the right traits equipped. Regeneration then does 1 condi clear with the proper trait as well. So, space out your conditions and interrupts to make the Ele waste these. It takes 30+ seconds for each one to recharge. Keep that in mind.

Fiery Greatsword does pretty decent DPS. If an Ele uses it though, their healing takes a fairly large hit. Lay on the DPS if you can.

General Tips:
Aside from knowing the rotations and how to react, there’s some general tips one can apply. D/D Eles cannot range to save their lives. Yes, they have a gap closers, but, if you can maintain distance (Rangers), they can’t really touch you. Immobilize Eles to keep them at bay and make them waste their cantrips. Also, if you can screw up an Eles rotation, it wrecks their life. Use interrupts and chill. Interrupts are a no brainer, especially when timed appropriately. Try them out in the fire and water phase to ruin healing and DPS for the Ele. Since chill slows down cooldown times, spam it everywhere if you can (especially in fire and water). Again, it ruins rotations. And don’t forget about the dodge rolls. Evasive Arcana gives each dodge roll a unique ability. If you can shut down the dodge rolls, Eles lose a lot of utility.

Another great tip to down people in PvP (Eles included) is to CALL OUT TARGETS. This small amount of coordination has made the difference in many games I’ve played. You can even call out targets when downed. Call targets on other downed players while you’re downed so you can rez off of them.

I’m sure I’ve forgotten a few things, and I’m sure that my rotation isn’t absolutely perfect, but this is a general idea on how to combat an Ele. It’s possible to kill us. We are squishy. Messing up our rotations creates big windows in which we are vulnerable. One just needs to recognize the signs and capitalize on them.

Why should anyone read this long post or play as ele to learn how to beat ele’s when they can just come in the forums and complain and wait for a nerf?

It’s continuously ironic to me that if ele is so OP, how come so many of them get steamrolled on “daily elementalist winner” day? If it’s soooo easy to just hop on ele and crush everyone, daily elementalist day should be a bloodbath for every other profession… except it’s not.

Because most people are pretty clumsy their first couple of games on a class they aren’t very familiar with, and they are always clumsy on a class that they hardly ever touch. To put it in the most extreme terms, a skilled player can use weapons and traits picked at random, and still beat a complete novice with an overpowered build. Does this mean that no overpowered builds exist?

so how do you kill ele ?

in PvP

Posted by: sinject.4607

sinject.4607

(assuming Fire/Water/Arcana)

rotation:
disrupting an ele’s rotations is all but completely impossible. the most one can hope to do is force a slightly less optimized rotation through either overwhelming force (which can’t be done in a 1v1) or wait for drastic player error on the ele’s part. each attunement carries with it a medium to high degree of defensive options of its own further supplemented by Cantrips and perfect synergy with Sigil of Energy. this effectively renders the ele without a definitive window of vulnerability. S/D thief for instance, was strong but never overpowered because there were key windows of defensive downtime through which a skilled player could completely interrupt their rotation and punish accordingly; celestial ele completely lacks this fundamental balance point almost entirely. you can’t outplay celestial d/d ele because at literally no point does it offer the opportunity to do so- something absolutely no other build in the game does or ever has done.

you can’t interrupt their heal, can’t interrupt their utilities, can’t maintain condition pressure, can’t maintain melee pressure, can’t maintain CC pressure, can’t maintain anti-boon pressure etc. there is an answer, both preemptive and reactionary, for almost everything possible on celestial d/d. knowing what’s coming (rotation-wise) doesn’t help at all if pretty much all your possible responses are very limited in both effectiveness and duration.

“eight seconds is an eternity in PvP”
except it isn’t. even for power builds eight seconds isn’t much time at all. I’ve had 10 minute duels with eles; I’ve even had a near 30 minute duel with a former guild mate which ended in a stalemate when there was clearly never going to be a victor. eight seconds is a blink of the eye when it comes to a build that has such unmitigating survivability.

the opening of another complete traitline, alongside being individually very poorly designed, has unarguably pushed celestial ele so far over the line that the small glimmer of counterplay that once previously existed has been effectively eliminated.

skills:
your analysis of Signet of Restoration is completely wrong. elementalists will always chain constant auto attacks in order to maintain an uninterrupted flow of HPS. “maintaining distance” will do little to nothing in terms of mitigating their healing. even poison, which is designed to be the direct answer to passive heals, has barely any effect considering the rate in which it’ll get cleansed. for this reason, elementalists will essentially never use Signet of Restoration actively, because it’s actually bad to do so in almost all scenarios.

general tips:
ranged pressure for most professions is a complete non-option. ranger is the only profession that can actually range an ele without them being able to simply face tank the kiting or immediately use their mobility to respond. your one example is the only example. it’s also worth noting that ranger is currently one of the most overpowered 1v1 professions in the game currently thanks to Beastly Warden + Nature Magic/Wilderness Survival so using it as any benchmark for balance is self-defeating.

so how do you kill ele ?

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

so how do you kill ele ?

they kill you 1v1
they survive 2v1

2) Pour on the CC

I seriously doubt that anet will ever grant your wish, you will spend a looooong time here on the forum begging for nerfs…

There’s a tiny difference between being able to fight them and having totally no chances vs any average (Not good…just average) d/d ele player, atm there’s basically nothing that can kill an average dd ele while contesting point in a decent amount of time even on celestial nec that is supposed to counter it (And it doesn’t anyway, if he really sux he would just disengage and be fine anyway) still takes so much that going 1v1 is basically not worth the time spent…it’s like 1v1ing a bunker guard on his point with the difference that bunker guard will never be able to kill anything (And gonna be decapped by an engi for example) while ele can basically kill anyone 1v1 if he tries to stand on point and contest it

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

so how do you kill ele ?

in PvP

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Last time they “nerfed” cele d/d ele they shaved like 1s of burn from drake’s breath and left everything the same.

so how do you kill ele ?

in PvP

Supreme.3164

so how do you kill ele ?

they kill you 1v1
they survive 2v1

2) Pour on the CC

There’s a tiny difference between being able to fight them and having totally no chances vs any average (Not good…just average) d/d ele player, atm there’s basically nothing that can kill an average dd ele while contesting point in a decent amount of time even on celestial nec that is supposed to counter it (And it doesn’t anyway, if he really sux he would just disengage and be fine anyway) still takes so much that going 1v1 is basically not worth the time spent…it’s like 1v1ing a bunker guard on his point with the difference that bunker guard will never be able to kill anything (And gonna be decapped by an engi for example)* while ele can basically kill anyone 1v1 if he tries to stand on point and contest it*

Ele can’t kill anything or outlive anyone else ( average..not good), unless the ele uses D/D. Changes may come but don’t expect anything drastic.

so how do you kill ele ?

in PvP

Supreme.3164

This is more of a reminder for the devs and partly for the community at least for those with some consideration, to both parties I’ll link this old video for you to watch. What you will see has not changed much

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh5zjK7ITpQ&index=12&list=PLBF2912D72F052EC7

Now you can take the best ele player in this game, the top ones: :@Phantaram, @Honey..whoever, then give them the same spec as seen in the video….I guarantee you that the end result would be the same.

Outside the well known water/arcana/cantrip combo, the ele has absolutely no sustain, no low CD blocks, no low CD chainable CC, no stealth, no low CD teleports, no huge HP bar, no secondary HP bar…basically nothing.

Outsustaining the enemy through attrition; since launch there has been no other way for ele to win. For a brief time it was possible to play a burst role, the damage was worth the risk and the enemy didn’t have the same sustain respect to the current iteration. That didn’t last long….

The devs nerfed:
-arcane skills, more than doubled their CD, damage reduced by over 70%
-air auto-attack dmg butchered,hurl dmg equally butchered
-most air trait line nerfed
-nerfed RTL and buffed x3 the mobility of other classes
-nerfed mistform

The devs basically nerfed anything that could make burst ele a competitive spec, ele scepter is exactly as it was 3 years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beHJkv5gaIU&index=13&list=PLBF2912D72F052EC7

This was the reality of eles before water/arcana bunker was discovered, this would be exactly how ele would feel without the water/arcana bunker with D/D.

In the end, the d/d set is all eles have got as competitive spec and it comes as no surprise that it’s so hated, it’s the only ele spec people can’t trample on in their sleep.

Furthermore respect to the rest, the ele can’t even choose what utilities or traits to use…it’s water/arcana+cantrips or go home.

Will this reality ever change?….I wonder

so how do you kill ele ?

in PvP

Posted by: Belial.9350

Belial.9350

Now you can take the best ele player in this game, the top ones: @Honey

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

so how do you kill ele ?

in PvP

Posted by: Kicast.1459

Kicast.1459

Don’t touch my op stuff please..see how poor we are without it.
Ele dps has not sustain.
Guess what ? Huge dps should not come with high sustain.
Maybe you are too much used to Cele Ele dd to figure it out.

so how do you kill ele ?

in PvP

Unholy Pillager.3791

so how do you kill ele ?

they kill you 1v1
they survive 2v1

2) Pour on the CC

There’s a tiny difference between being able to fight them and having totally no chances vs any average (Not good…just average) d/d ele player, atm there’s basically nothing that can kill an average dd ele while contesting point in a decent amount of time even on celestial nec that is supposed to counter it (And it doesn’t anyway, if he really sux he would just disengage and be fine anyway) still takes so much that going 1v1 is basically not worth the time spent…it’s like 1v1ing a bunker guard on his point with the difference that bunker guard will never be able to kill anything (And gonna be decapped by an engi for example)* while ele can basically kill anyone 1v1 if he tries to stand on point and contest it*

Ele can’t kill anything or outlive anyone else ( average..not good), unless the ele uses D/D. Changes may come but don’t expect anything drastic.

And thieves tend to do poorly unless they use d/p+sb. What’s your point? It’s not as if being forced to use a single weapon setup to be effective is unusual in this game.

so how do you kill ele ?

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Awww you underpowerd d/d cele ele poor thing you ;( I wish I can buff you but I can’t.

so how do you kill ele ?

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

Now you can take the best ele player in this game, the top ones: @Honey

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

not trying to hate… but… please stop calling somebody a top ele if that person can play exactly 1 build out of 3 playable ones… and just because you see some on random esls doesn’t mean that they’re top either, especially in the case of ele.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

(edited by Jekkt.6045)

so how do you kill ele ?

in PvP

Salamander.2504

Awww you underpowerd d/d cele ele poor thing you ;( I wish I can buff you but I can’t.

He’s not asking for d/d cele ele buffs, he’s asking for more ele build diversity—ele’s are funneled into the d/d spec because everything else is much worse.

More build diversity=ele’s are happy.
Fewer d/d eles=community is happy.
Everyone wins.

I will say that I’ve been seeing some rather good staff and s/f ele’s popping up recently, but from what I understand the traits (2/3 traitlines) and utilities are largely the same from the meta cele build, which does underscore the OP’s point.

(edited by Salamander.2504)

so how do you kill ele ?

in PvP

Salamander.2504

so how do you kill ele ?

they kill you 1v1
they survive 2v1

2) Pour on the CC

And thieves tend to do poorly unless they use d/p+sb. What’s your point? It’s not as if being forced to use a single weapon setup to be effective is unusual in this game.

From what I understand, thieves and ele’s are the two classes which suffer from the least amount of weaponset diversity, which is a problem…

so how do you kill ele ?

in PvP

Unholy Pillager.3791

He’s not asking for d/d cele ele buffs, he’s asking for more ele build diversity—ele’s are funneled into the d/d spec because everything else is much worse.

Everyone wins.

I will say that I’ve been seeing some rather good staff and s/f ele’s popping up recently, but from what I understand the traits (2/3 traitlines) and utilities are largely the same from the meta cele build, which does underscore the OP’s point.

It would be nice…but remember, there are other professions in the same boat. Thieves have even less build diversity than eles, for example. They need to increase build diversity for many professions, not just ele.

so how do you kill ele ?

in PvP

Salamander.2504

Everyone wins.

It would be nice…but remember, there are other professions in the same boat. Thieves have even less build diversity than eles, for example. They need to increase build diversity for many professions, not just ele.

Agreed.

so how do you kill ele ?

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

, ele scepter is exactly as it was 3 years ago

Absolutely not, Cele-Scepter got a huge buff with the recent big specialization-changes and quite frankly, it baffles me that we don’t see this build played more often because it’s IMHO one of the best builds in the game.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJArYhcMozhFOwxB8RMQAYUW4IEFiCQAYAUXykYZA-TJBFwAl2fgwDAAaZAAnAAA

In certain 1v1’s, it’s not as good as D/D-Ele (probably in most 1v1’s), but it’s still good enough to be an off-roamer. In all other aspects, especially burst and teamfight, it’s mindblowingly good.

Why does Cele-Scepter work?

Simply because of the rewamped fire-trait-line and the ability to skill deep into it thanks to the new specializations. You get tons of mightstacks, perma fury for you and your team, more power and raw DMG on scepter and shorter CD’s on the fire-skills. The last one is especially important since a vast majority of the DPS comes from bursts with fire 2-5.

I’ve been using this build a lot lately and each time I switch back to D/D, I just feel that the Scepter build is much stronger overall.

I hit for like 7k dragon tooths and with a tooth+phoenix+rnig of fire, I easily down quishy classes in ~a second.

With the extremely low CD’s on fire, I can also prestack 30+ seconds of fury and 10+ stacks of might on the whole team before the fight.

Another big plus is the perma-weakness you put on a target thanks to easily spammable Air-1 (dmg isn’t too great, I give you that) and Arcane Precision. D/D-Eles can’t really make use of arcane precision as well as S/D, but on S/D, it’s an amazing trait.

Just because no1 plays Cele scepter, doesn’t mean it’s not good.

Besides Cele, Fresh Air is also pretty decent and IMHO even meta-worthy in some comps.

so how do you kill ele ?

in PvP

PowerBottom.5796

Absolutely not, Scepter got a huge buff with the recent big specialization-changes and quite frankly, it baffles me that we don’t see this build played more often because it’s IMHO one of the best builds in the game.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJArYhcMozhFOwxB8RMQAYUW4IEFiCQAYAUXykYZA-TJBFwAl2fgwDAAaZAAnAAA

In certain 1v1’s, it’s not as good as D/D-Ele (probably in most 1v1’s), but it’s still good enough to be an off-roamer. In all other aspects, especially burst and teamfight, it’s mindblowingly good.

Simply because of the rewamped fire-trait-line and the ability to skill deep into it thanks to the new specializations. You get tons of mightstacks, perma fury for you and your team, more power and raw DMG in fire and shorter CD’s on the fire-skills. The last one is especially important since a vast majority of the DPS comes from bursts with fire 2-5.

I’ve been using this build a lot lately and each time I switch back to D/D, I just feel that the Scepter build is much stronger overall.

I hit for like 7k dragon tooths and with a tooth+phoenix+rnig of fire, I easily down quishy classes in ~a second. And I got big parts of this combo ready every ~10 seconds.

With the extremely low CD’s on fire, I can also prestack 30+ seconds of fury and 10+ stacks of might on the whole team before the fight.

Another big plus is the perma-weakness you put on a target thanks to easily spammable Air-1 (dmg isn’t too great, I give you that) and Arcane Precision. D/D-Eles can’t really make use of arcane precision as well as S/D, but on S/D, it’s an amazing trait.

Besides Cele, Fresh Air is also pretty decent and IMHO even meta-worthy in some comps.

so how do you kill ele ?

in PvP

Jekkt.6045

Absolutely not, Cele-Scepter got a huge buff with the recent big specialization-changes and quite frankly, it baffles me that we don’t see this build played more often because it’s IMHO one of the best builds in the game.

Simply because of the rewamped fire-trait-line and the ability to skill deep into it thanks to the new specializations. You get tons of mightstacks, perma fury for you and your team, more power and raw DMG on scepter and shorter CD’s on the fire-skills. The last one is especially important since a vast majority of the DPS comes from bursts with fire 2-5.

I hit for like 7k dragon tooths and with a tooth+phoenix+rnig of fire, I easily down quishy classes in ~a second.

wat

1. why would anybody take s/d celes if it’s weaker than d/d…

2. dagger has way better mitigation in teamfights/1v1s compared to scepter

3. who needs phoenix if you have drake’s breath. dragon tooth is bad anyway.

4. fresh air is hands down the worst dps build in the game right now. if i play it it makes me wanna punch my screen and delete my meteorlogicus. you essentially go full damage with 3 arcanes to deal an acceptable amount of damage or you will deal less damage than a celestial build. compare it to a mesmer that doesn’t take a single damage utility and still deal more damage than a fresh air ele with 1200 range, more hp and better survivability.

5. scepter skills are terrible. the auto attacks are slow, clunky and the damage is extremely low for a weapon that basically has 1 bugged “high” hitting skill shot that you could call burst if you wanted to. the utility it gives you.. oh no wait, the utility actually comes from focus, nvm. scepter without fresh air is unplayable.

nobody cares how well s/d with celestial or even s/f fresh air does against low mmr random players, the party’s at the top and that’s where it’s too weak.

(edited by Jekkt.6045)

so how do you kill ele ?

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.4802

Terrorsquad.4802

If OP is asking for build diversity for eles.. What do thieves get?

We’ve been pigeonhold into d/p far more than the Ele being held in D/D.

Denied NA Account | 8.4k hours | 5.6k Games | Bored

so how do you kill ele ?

in PvP

PowerBottom.5796

wat

4. fresh air is hands down the worst dps build in the game right now. if i play it it makes me wanna punch my screen and delete my meteorlogicus. you essentially go full damage with 3 arcanes to deal an acceptable amount of damage or you will deal less damage than a celestial build.

5. scepter skills are terrible. the auto attacks are slow, clunky and the damage is extremely low for a weapon that basically has 1 bugged “high” hitting skill shot that you could call burst if you wanted to. the utility it gives you.. oh no wait, the utility actually comes from focus, nvm. scepter without fresh air is unplayable.

nobody cares how well s/d with celestial or even s/f fresh air does against low mmr random players, the party’s at the top and that’s where it’s too weak.

1) It’s weaker in 1v1’s, but not by much. Not every build needs to be a 1v1 build. It’s much stronger in teamfights and as a +1.

2) D/D isn’t even top-5 in Teamfights in the current meta, for several reasons:
- Melee only, which means it’s harder to reach certain targets, you eat more AoE, get CC’d more often etc.
- The DPS is not very bursty and much of the DMG is fairly easily cleansed. Most teamfights get decided by quick burst and strong openings.
- Crucial Skills are extremely easy to interrupt, like Fire 2 and Water 2.
-> Teamfights are clearly where D/D is the worst, thats why he’s used as a 1v1 roamer. For the S/D, teamfights are his strength, so they are two different builds with different roles.

3) Phoenix might be one of the best skills in the game and dragon tooth hits for insane DPS with low CD and is a blast finisher.

4) okay

5) I have 7k+ games and I frequently play in teams with very experienced players. This build is not some brainfart, it’s is actually one of the best builds in the game. Don’t believe me? try it out…

(edited by PowerBottom.5796)

so how do you kill ele ?

in PvP

Jekkt.6045

not true. back when d/d ele came up which is over a year ago thieves still played s/d. even back around the time pre celestial d/d ele thieves played s/d, some of them even double s/d if anybody remembers jumper.

so over time thieves had better success and build diversity than eles.

1. s/p quickness meta
2. s/d meta + s/p before nerf
3. d/p + s/d both played
4. d/p

while for ele it was

1. s/d or d/d soldier/valk
2. s/f fresh air when they killed some traits and the heal. zoose was pretty much the only one trying to play it in na tournaments, maybe phantaram aswell but it don’t remember it that much. there were no eles in tournaments for like a year, hello ranger.
3. d/d or staff while d/d was simply better
4. d/d

thief was never out of meta while ele was for almost a year.

i won’t say that i’m happy about how they pigeonhole thief or ele into what they are and always have been but imo thief was overall more viable during the 3 years. it might be a coincidence but.. after all we share the same dev.

so how do you kill ele ?

in PvP

Jekkt.6045

wat

4. fresh air is hands down the worst dps build in the game right now. if i play it it makes me wanna punch my screen and delete my meteorlogicus. you essentially go full damage with 3 arcanes to deal an acceptable amount of damage or you will deal less damage than a celestial build.

1) It’s weaker in 1v1’s, but not by much. Not every build needs to be a 1v1 build. It’s much stronger in teamfights and as a +1.

2) D/D isn’t even top-5 in Teamfights in the current meta, for several reasons:
- Melee only, which means it’s harder to reach certain targets, you eat more AoE, get CC’d more often etc.
- The DPS is not very bursty and much of the DMG is fairly easily cleansed. Most teamfights get decided by quick burst and strong openings.
- Crucial Skills are extremely easy to interrupt, like Fire 2 and Water 2.
-> Teamfights are clearly where D/D is the worst, thats why he’s used as a 1v1 roamer. For the S/D, teamfights are his strength, so they are two different builds with different roles.

3) Phoenix might be one of the best skills in the game and dragon tooth hits for insane DPS with low CD and is a blast finisher.

4) okay

5) I have 7k+ games and I frequently play in teams with very experienced players. This build is not some brainfart, it’s is actually one of the best builds in the game. Don’t believe me? try it out…

d/d ele is a bruiser, you peel for your players with hard cc and you heal allies. the roles are completely different and if you want a +1 you can simpy take something that is better than a s/d ele.

s/d is weak against ranged because you lack ring of earth and you’re more vulnerable to burst because you have no shocking aura.

while dragon tooth might be a area denial skill it is completely useless against people that walk out of it and wasting a cc for it or a utility slot / gm trait in arcana is simply not worth it.

if you like s/d then play it but in my opinion there is simply better stuff

so how do you kill ele ?

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.4802

Terrorsquad.4802

not true. back when d/d ele came up which is over a year ago thieves still played s/d. even back around the time pre celestial d/d ele thieves played s/d, some of them even double s/d if anybody remembers jumper.

so over time thieves had better success and build diversity than eles.

1. s/p quickness meta
2. s/d meta + s/p before nerf
3. d/p + s/d both played
4. d/p

while for ele it was

1. s/d or d/d soldier/valk
2. s/f fresh air when they killed some traits and the heal. zoose was pretty much the only one trying to play it in na tournaments, maybe phantaram aswell but it don’t remember it that much. there were no eles in tournaments for like a year, hello ranger.
3. d/d or staff while d/d was simply better
4. d/d

thief was never out of meta while ele was for almost a year.

i won’t say that i’m happy about how they pigeonhole thief or ele into what they are and always have been but imo thief was overall more viable during the 3 years. it might be a coincidence but.. after all we share the same dev.

I’m sorry but while s/d was still a thing on thieves, so was Staff Ele. It wasn’t only d/d on ele. On NA, s/d (f) Fresh Air was also a thing.

Thieves only had 1 build in the meta, either d/p, s/d or s/p.
But never more than 1 build was considered meta.

While Ele had Staff [ELE], d/d [TCG](and NA had Fresh Air by Zoose back then).

Right now its only d/d ele and d/p thief but thief always only had 1 build in the meta, unlike eles.

Denied NA Account | 8.4k hours | 5.6k Games | Bored

so how do you kill ele ?

in PvP

PowerBottom.5796

Problem is that your opinion clearly uninformed since you’ve obviously never played the build I posted.

so how do you kill ele ?

in PvP

Jekkt.6045

Problem is that your opinion clearly uninformed since you’ve obviously never played the build I posted.

i did, not with the same traits setup but with the same lines. it’s impossible to hold a node against a competent shoutbow or a rifle engi so why would i bother playing it when those are my main threats. scepter is also a lot weaker against stealth targets, that’s another downside of it.

so how do you kill ele ?

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

@Godservant.8736

That is a terrible how to kill an Ele guide.

First off GOOD elementalists start in fire, it helps with the might stack rotations. If a D/D elementalist can’t stack 20+ stacks of might it is going to do crap damage.

Secondly it is better to NOT heal yourself with Signet of Restoration as ele’s can easily get 3,000 health back in under 10 seconds. Not to mention you are healed off channeling ticks meaning that Cone of Cold can heal you 4,000+ health.

Interrupts are not super harmful but you are right about Chill. We are the only class in the game where Chill can slow our weapon swapping. Not to mention many of our skills has 20+ second cooldowns meaning staying in one attunement is BAD and you must constantly swap attunements to keep up the damage.

Elementalists are getting nerfed and I am glad for it. I am seeing way to many players hop onto this class and mash buttons like idiots. Idiots that take me to long to punish because they mash their cantips at the very first sign of CC. Not to mention poor skill rotation or flat out poor skill choices. It’s practically insulting.

so how do you kill ele ?

in PvP

PowerBottom.5796

i did, not with the same traits setup but with the same lines. it’s impossible to hold a node against a competent shoutbow or a rifle engi so why would i bother playing it when those are my main threats. scepter is also a lot weaker against stealth targets, that’s another downside of it.

Did you even read what I posted: It’s not a node-holder nor a 1v1-build. It’s a teamfight build with strong roaming-potential and some node-holding potential (better than non 1v1/bunker-builds, weaker than dedicated bunkers/1v1).

Or do you expect to hold a node against a Shoutbow or Engi with a thief or mesmer?

The build is best when it is in teamfights. Does your team run a 3-point strat with strong 1v1-builds and roamers? Well then this build won’t work as well and you shouldn’t play it.

Does your team play a 2-point strat with strong teamfight and the goal to dominate the points in head-on fights? (for example with bunker-guards, rampage-warriors, Elexir-Engis like chaith’s etc.) then this is where the build works very well.

It’s not supposed to be a replacement of a D/D-Ele at all, since they have very different roles. I don’t think I can make it any clearer than that.

so how do you kill ele ?

in PvP

Jekkt.6045

Did you even read what I posted: It’s not a node-holder nor a 1v1-build. It’s a teamfight build with strong roaming-potential and some node-holding potential (better than non 1v1/bunker-builds, weaker than dedicated bunkers/1v1).

Or do you expect to hold a node against a Shoutbow or Engi with a thief or mesmer?

The build is best when it is in teamfights. Does your team run a 3-point strat with strong 1v1-builds and roamers? Well then this build won’t work as well and you shouldn’t play it.

Does your team play a 2-point strat with strong teamfight and the goal to dominate the points in head-on fights? (for example with bunker-guards, rampage-warriors, Elexir-Engis like chaith’s etc.) then this is where the build works very well.

It’s not supposed to be a replacement of a D/D-Ele at all, since they have very different roles. I don’t think I can make it any clearer than that.

did you not read what i wrote? there are better teamfighters or +1 builds than s/d ele.

meta is what’s best, not what could work. if it’s about winning then you need to run the best stuff.

so how do you kill ele ?

in PvP

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

@Godservant.8736

That is a terrible how to kill an Ele guide.

First off GOOD elementalists start in fire, it helps with the might stack rotations. If a D/D elementalist can’t stack 20+ stacks of might it is going to do crap damage.

Secondly it is better to NOT heal yourself with Signet of Restoration as ele’s can easily get 3,000 health back in under 10 seconds. Not to mention you are healed off channeling ticks meaning that Cone of Cold can heal you 4,000+ health.

Interrupts are not super harmful but you are right about Chill. We are the only class in the game where Chill can slow our weapon swapping. Not to mention many of our skills has 20+ second cooldowns meaning staying in one attunement is BAD and you must constantly swap attunements to keep up the damage.

Elementalists are getting nerfed and I am glad for it. I am seeing way to many players hop onto this class and mash buttons like idiots. Idiots that take me to long to punish because they mash their cantips at the very first sign of CC. Not to mention poor skill rotation or flat out poor skill choices. It’s practically insulting.

So I had to try the Cone of Cold part. I can confirm that it does not proc Signet of Restoration at every ticks of the channel.

Alerie Despins

so how do you kill ele ?

in PvP

PowerBottom.5796

did you not read what i wrote? there are better teamfighters or +1 builds than s/d ele.

meta is what’s best, not what could work. if it’s about winning then you need to run the best stuff.

Okay, let’s break down what’s important for teamfights and how the S/D-Ele build I posted does in them:

- On point pressure against bunkers is some of the highest, thanks to tooth, phoenix, perma-weakness.
- Burst is some of the highest, up there with thief and mesmer. Way higher than D/D.
- Defensive boons/skills and healing for teammates: Some of the highest. Better than D/D thanks to water trident, which is much more useful in teamfights than cone of cold.
- Offensive-boons for teammates/self: By far the highest in the game: perma-fury and in longer teamfights nearly full mightstacks for the whole team. Nothing comes even close.
- Survival/disengage: Some of the highest. Lower than D/D though.
- Stomping: above average thanks to stability and blinds.
- Rezzing: below average, no quickness, no good rez-traits, main weakness of the build in teamfights as a designated teamfighter.
downed-pressure: If you manage your CD’s right and can anticipate possible downed enemies well (which a good player should be able to), it’s some of the best downed-pressure in the game. I frequently burst down the downed target and some players rezzes even before the stomp goes through.
- Vertical mobility/range to catch stuff on highground: above average.
- CC: Below average.

Than, add to all that the fact that it’s a decent off-roamer that can hold points for quite some time. YES, not as well as other builds, but the build still has some options in that area.

so how do you kill ele ?

in PvP

Posted by: LunarNacht.8913

LunarNacht.8913

So any timeframe for those balance attempts or are we going to have 50% ele teams on a regular basis the next 6 months?

so how do you kill ele ?

in PvP

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

5 weeks from hot, they probably won’t bother now.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]