subverters paid to bomb gw2 with negativity?

in PvP

Posted by: Tellah.8073

Tellah.8073

its just too obvious to me now, anytime pvp is worked on at all, even after a tournament where no changes happened, the forums erupt in incessant qq and theres always a key couple of posters who touch off the firestorm, and then everyone else jumps aboard the misery train. it seems they even have multiple accounts to post on. it has to be artificial.

everytime anet so much as breathes in the general direction of pvp the forums get flooded with qq tantrum threads with 300 replies of i quit, fire the devs etc. and you expect them to want to spend more of their valuable time on this aspect of the game which doesnt even generate revenue?

jon gives a much anticipated post and what happens? more qq, flaming bashing scoffing and bitter remarks. kitten if you think you can do such a better job by all means start your own game. as it stands hardly a one of you know a dam thing about programming so you have absolutely no clue what youre talking about when you QQ for nerfs or changes.

and i could give a crap less about what you paid. 60 dollars is basically 1 days pay. you paid anet 1 days pay, and now you think anet staff are slaves to your every emotional whim for all eternity.

i know the state of pvp isnt that great right now, but holy moly the pvp community is such a scathing bitter eternally unsatisfied mob who the heck would wanna do anything for you. everytime you get something you cry and whine and moan, even when you get something you ask for, the most positive gesture you make is silence.

people take a step back and read what you are writing to and about other human beings whom you want to help you. keep your crappy little throwaway remarks and passive/overtly aggressive insults to yourself and stop being such snotty spoiled little brats. maybe then anet might be more willing to work on your behalf

in PvP

Posted by: JinDaVikk.7291

JinDaVikk.7291

Lol If they are getting paid ($60/8(hours) per day) I wouldn’t be doing kitten for pvp either.

They are getting paid by gem purchases. Simple.

Team Radioactive
Crysis, Lil Damage, Ovi, Jindavikk, Guard
Causing cancer all day.

in PvP

Posted by: Nibi.3572

Nibi.3572

I think its more people are not hearing what they want to hear

and people want all the stuff they’ve been dreaming up in the patch that hits tomorrow

game development moves way too slow for some of these guys

in PvP

Posted by: Zohlor.2870

Zohlor.2870

+1 for Tellah. (also 15 chars)

in PvP

Posted by: JinDaVikk.7291

JinDaVikk.7291

Lol I’ve just been watching this for laughs. Its made the last hour fun instead of boring. Nothing’s on tv atm.

Team Radioactive
Crysis, Lil Damage, Ovi, Jindavikk, Guard
Causing cancer all day.

in PvP

Posted by: TwoBit.5903

TwoBit.5903

Isn’t this thread subversive in the exact same way? Belittling opinions of a demographic through passive aggressive remarks?

in PvP

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

this game has the best pvp i’ve ever played, each patch make the game greater then its former self and its been happening for 7 month, that’s why we throw our happiness all over the forum because just today, a dev create a thread about how much they love us and this game.

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

in PvP

Posted by: Fenrir.3609

Fenrir.3609

Isn’t this thread subversive in the exact same way? Belittling opinions of a demographic through passive aggressive remarks?

Yes, yes it is.

in PvP

Posted by: ThatShortGuy.4672

ThatShortGuy.4672

its just too obvious to me now, anytime pvp is worked on at all, even after a tournament where no changes happened, the forums erupt in incessant qq and theres always a key couple of posters who touch off the firestorm, and then everyone else jumps aboard the misery train. it seems they even have multiple accounts to post on. it has to be artificial.

everytime anet so much as breathes in the general direction of pvp the forums get flooded with qq tantrum threads with 300 replies of i quit, fire the devs etc. and you expect them to want to spend more of their valuable time on this aspect of the game which doesnt even generate revenue?

jon gives a much anticipated post and what happens? more qq, flaming bashing scoffing and bitter remarks. kitten if you think you can do such a better job by all means start your own game. as it stands hardly a one of you know a dam thing about programming so you have absolutely no clue what youre talking about when you QQ for nerfs or changes.

and i could give a crap less about what you paid. 60 dollars is basically 1 days pay. you paid anet 1 days pay, and now you think anet staff are slaves to your every emotional whim for all eternity.

i know the state of pvp isnt that great right now, but holy moly the pvp community is such a scathing bitter eternally unsatisfied mob who the heck would wanna do anything for you. everytime you get something you cry and whine and moan, even when you get something you ask for, the most positive gesture you make is silence.

people take a step back and read what you are writing to and about other human beings whom you want to help you. keep your crappy little throwaway remarks and passive/overtly aggressive insults to yourself and stop being such snotty spoiled little brats. maybe then anet might be more willing to work on your behalf

You’re right in regards to spam. It’s really childish, but what are passionate fans of GW2 suppose to do? It’s been months of posting many ideas on these forums through videos and blog posts with no acknowledgement of why those ideas are good or bad.

I bolded part of your post for an example. Where is Jon Peter’ post now? Deleted. This whole mess started right after that.

That Cloaked One / That Phantom Memser / That Dark One
ThatShortGuy.com

in PvP

Posted by: sid.9870

sid.9870

You gotta pay attention to this small difference between flaming and qqing, and justified negativity as a response to devs doing kittenty job. There.

Hi Im Sid,
Absolute Nonsense [prrr]

in PvP

Posted by: Barret.4095

Barret.4095

do you not know what forums are for? it’s free therapy we come here to vent.

“For those whose time and dedication went above and beyond, only to achieve mediocrity”

in PvP

Tellah.8073

if i were being subversive, i wouldnt want the game to work. if the pvp community showed a little more repect and gratitude, than i could only guess that devs might be slightly more motivated to work on pvp with positive outcomes.

what im pointing out is that this demographic is the one causing the biggest problems because of the generally mean-spirited aura surrounding it. no i dont think anet staff are saints, no i dont think the game is perfect, im simply pointing out the lack of common courtesy amongst the community and the perpetual demoralization that it causes.

i see staff making informative, very pleasant, non-scathing posts about whatever, and i see the pvp community erupt in ignorant attacks and slander about stuff they have absolutely no clue about every time, and then you expect this will somehow yield positive results.

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

They give us attention? That answer from Jon was satisfying?

o.O

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

TwoBit.5903

if i were being subversive, i wouldnt want the game to work. if the pvp community showed a little more repect and gratitude, than i could only guess that devs might be slightly more motivated to work on pvp with positive outcomes.

what im pointing out is that this demographic is the one causing the biggest problems because of the generally mean-spirited aura surrounding it. no i dont think anet staff are saints, no i dont think the game is perfect, im simply pointing out the lack of common courtesy amongst the community and the perpetual demoralization that it causes.

i see staff making informative, very pleasant, non-scathing posts about whatever, and i see the pvp community erupt in ignorant attacks and slander about stuff they have absolutely no clue about every time, and then you expect this will somehow yield positive results.

It’s subversive because you’re not arguing, but you’re writing off. This is evident in how cherrypick among facts. Players aren’t trained professionals, so you will hear ignorance from them them but there are constructive feedback threads and responses from those very players. I’d use Xeph’s thread as an example, but I’m not sure that ANet wants me to believe it exists anymore. I’ve made several threads in vain of being constructive as well.

Maybe childishness is the result of the Devs blissfully ignoring constructive feedback from players.

(edited by TwoBit.5903)

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

I believe that there are PVE+ers invading the Pvp forum..

You can see a mass eruption of GVG threads, their goal is to make pvp forum as illegible as possible and shift any focus left on pvp back to PVE, so they can get their dreams of fake GvG.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Posted by: joni.7619

joni.7619

You can see a mass eruption of GVG threads, their goal is to make pvp forum as illegible as possible and shift any focus left on pvp back to PVE, so they can get their dreams of fake GvG.

not only the forum, in game the 90% of the mist population are pvers or casual players

in PvP

Darnis.4056

not only the forum, in game the 90% of the mist population are pvers or casual players

I have no problem with casuals/pvers I do have a problem with them invading and making kitten posts and shifting the discussion into a kittennado

These people need to be infarcted and their forum privileges taken away, I have no desire to play internet detective though.

in PvP

Tellah.8073

It’s subversive because you’re not arguing, but you’re writing off. This is evident in how cherrypick among facts. Players aren’t trained professionals, so you will hear ignorance from them them but there are constructive feedback threads and responses from those very players. I’d use Xeph’s thread as an example, but I’m not sure that ANet wants me to believe it exists anymore. I’ve made several threads in vain of being constructive as well.

i dont think you understand what subversive means.

if i were writing these opinions off, id be saying the game is perfect and you have no reason to complain, but im not. im saying the manner by which you viciously attack people youve never met and dehumanize them into your personal programming puppet slaves and verbally lash out and discredit all the work theyve poured into this game over the years with all-encompassing miserable basement tantrums, all following suite with a few “opinion leaders”, will create a bulwark of mutual distrust and contempt which will only lead to decay.

in PvP

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

What the hell are you talking about, where you even there in the original thread, or did you even see the response. there was like 1 comment act like what you said “erupt in gnorant attack” thats all and it has a few constructive comments poping up in the end and boom deleted. and what, you came in just to post about whatever you see

some people even posted that they were upset of it being deleted because they tried to be as constructive as possible because its a dev post.

if anyone "slander about stuff they have absolutely no clue about ", thats you.

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

(edited by Lighter.5631)

in PvP

TwoBit.5903

i dont think you understand what subversive means.

if i were writing these opinions off, id be saying the game is perfect and you have no reason to complain, but im not. im saying the manner by which you viciously attack people youve never met and dehumanize them into your personal programming puppet slaves and verbally lash out and discredit all the work theyve poured into this game over the years with all-encompassing miserable basement tantrums, all following suite with a few “opinion leaders”, will create a bulwark of mutual distrust and contempt which will only lead to decay.

Viciously attack? lol Dehumanize into personal programming puppoet slaves. My, you should Fox news or something, you’re quite talented. I’ll respond again once you actually address the point and my issues rather than to subversively attack me.

in PvP

Posted by: Derps.7421

Derps.7421

People become unhappy and dissatisfied with a game that we play so that makes us subverters paid to bomb gw2 with negativity? I am starting to think that Anet paid you to make this thread.

Dr. Professor Evil – Engi
Stunned Girls Can’t Say No <Hawt>

in PvP

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

sooo criticism threads and a dev post gets deleted, but this thread is still up

in PvP

TwoBit.5903

sooo criticism threads and a dev post gets deleted, but this thread is still up

It had a thumbs up within 1 minute of being posted as well. It took me at least several to decipher the garble.

in PvP

Tellah.8073

People become unhappy and dissatisfied with a game that we play so that makes us subverters paid to bomb gw2 with negativity? I am starting to think that Anet paid you to make this thread.

no you are not the subverter, the subverter is a high profile opinion leader who gets the ball rolling by exacerbating issues we already know exists with new and improved adjectives, then all the mindless pawns follow suite and a sea of forum qq ensues.

the current meta is a different issue, the issue im addressing is that there is a systematic influx of large-scale qq every time there is a patch which is heavily demoralizing to the community (and i would imagine the devs who spent all that time working on something just to be blasted with 300 replies of angry criticism) which leads me to believe its a planned event so that the game never feels like its progressing and that we should all go back to playing (ahem) wow

in PvP

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

I’m pretty sure Blizzard must be paying huge $$$ to demoralizers to scare the 10k sPvP players left back to the non existent WoW eSport.

in PvP

Tellah.8073

I’m pretty sure Blizzard must be paying huge $$$ to demoralizers to scare the 10k sPvP players left back to the non existent WoW eSport.

naw, it wouldnt cost that much to hire a handful of overtly social keyboard warriors and the amount of chaos they can cause would be well worth it. gw2 is in a competitive market, and if it only takes a few opinion leaders to stir the forums into a frenzy, (especially in the pvp demographic where everyones already constantly on edge) than the amount of negative publicity generated against your competitor is well worth the cost

in PvP

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

A rather small percentage of players actually visit game forums regularly or at all so any negativity here really has very little effect on pvps popularity. The fact of the matter is most people do not find this games pvp compelling and that’s why we have a tiny pvp player base for a game that sold millions of copies. Don’t believe its tiny well the 5 to 10 minute queues I get during what are supposed to be active times tells me otherwise.

in PvP

Posted by: Mammoth.1975

Mammoth.1975

Not that I think it is the case, but wow is bleeding subs so fast that they’ll probably try anything right now. 10k players are worth nearly $2m a year to a sub game btw.

I do find the observation in the OP that it’s largely the same few people starting up the whine threads interesting though. Not because they’re paid to do it, just because it’s always the unhappy ones who are the most vocal, and often least representative. Considering that this got a star within a minute as someone else observed, I wouldn’t be surprised.

If you’re not playing to win, don’t complain when you lose.

(edited by Mammoth.1975)

in PvP

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

why is this thread not deleted

in PvP

stof.9341

Not that I think it is the case, but wow is bleeding subs so fast that they’ll probably try anything right now. 10k players are worth nearly $2m a year to a sub game btw.

WoW operates on such a scale that 10k players is nothing worth mentioning. If at least that conspiracy theory was applied to the PvE part somehow, it might have some sliver of truth in it. But sPvP? No way.

in PvP

Mammoth.1975

WoW operates on such a scale that 10k players is nothing worth mentioning. If at least that conspiracy theory was applied to the PvE part somehow, it might have some sliver of truth in it. But sPvP? No way.

10k players paying the western sub fee remember? That’s probably half a percent or more of their total. I still agree that it’s a bit of a crazy theory, just saying that wow is in huge decline right now and will probably try anything. Although, they’re probably planning it’s death as titan cannibalises the userbase anyway.

(edited by Mammoth.1975)

in PvP

stof.9341

You got a 8M sub strong game, you do not do shady practices for 10k more subs. It’s just plain stupid.

in PvP

Fenrir.3609

You got a 8M sub strong game, you do not do shady practices for 10k more subs. It’s just plain stupid.

Moreover, only a fraction of them would actually migrate to paying a sub for WoW. I would imagine a large amount would devote more time to other pvp centric games and/or wait for other releases.

People are complaining because they are disgruntled, not because they are being paid to complain.

in PvP

Posted by: Dragonar.1342

Dragonar.1342

ok this thread goes against 3 rules and its not deleted… kitten logic here.

in PvP

Mammoth.1975

Over 5m of those subs are chinese subs, paying around 18c/day.
They lost 1.3m subs in q1 of this year alone, another million in last quarter of last year. They’re literally dumping over 1% of their subs every week.

I wouldn’t be surprised ^^

OK, well I actually would, but it’s not completely outside the realm of possibility :P

(edited by Mammoth.1975)

in PvP

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

Give me a break. This game didn’t get major balance changes for two months. During that time span, we had the worst metagame ever. This isn’t even disputed by any high-level player; it’s unanimous that this metagame sucks. Expecting something like that to get fixed isn’t being over-demanding or unrealistic; it’s expecting the very, very basics.

On top of that, the structured PvP scene is clearly dying because ArenaNet is so slow. Do you remember one year ago when ArenaNet was saying that e-sports take time to build up? Guess what’s happened in one year? The game’s chances of becoming an e-sport have actually plummeted as players — even the most hardcore — have left in droves.

There are a lot of instances in which players are just being whiny or unrealistic. I think that applies to a lot of the people who complain about Guild Wars 2’s fantastic world vs. world and PvE content. But structured PvP is clearly trending downward. Making up conspiracy theories that mask that fact is doing a disservice to the game type most of us want to see succeed.

Even if some people are getting impatient, it’s hard to blame them. This game launched without extremely basic features, including solo queue, matchmaking, leaderboards, single-match queues and a competent reward structure. When people have been waiting more than one year to get the basics, it’s unsurprising that they’re getting upset.

in PvP

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

They need to hire better developers. We also have a lot of small things they didn’t fix because they thought it’d be more important to give $10,000 to a stupid tourney with a broken meta.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

in PvP

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

LOL, no people have been saying conquest mode is bad since before release.

Reason you see myself and GvGers here is because Anet is trying to kill our popular game mode with server wide orb stat boosts. Its a prime time for us to point out that the GvG matches spread by word of mouth inside the WvW/GvG community is getting views on par with PAX.

Should be a wakeup call that there is something seriously wrong with PvP conquest mode from builds right down to limited stat choices from just having amulets. GW2 is doing great but PvP has been rejected its getting replaced with GvGs and Anet is trying to kill GvGs maybe they feel its pulling players from their e-sport I dont know what goes on in the heads of some Anet folks.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

(edited by Xom.9264)

in PvP

Darnis.4056

Posters like Xom and Wyrog are the pveers that are flooding the pvp forums…
These are much worse then the percieved enemies from without (WoW? klol)

in PvP

Tellah.8073

its not just for subs, the idea is to destabilize the playerbase and generate negative publicity. constantly parade and illustrate every issue in front of the eyes of the forum readers day after day fostering negativity. attempt to build enmity between the players and the developers via harsh scathing criticism, hopefully resulting in pressured/rushed/uninspired patches that will generally get negative reception from the already embittered players.

it is more about undermining the competitor than simply stealing a few customers

in PvP

Xom.9264

Posters like Xom and Wyrog are the pveers that are flooding the pvp forums…
These are much worse then the percieved enemies from without (WoW? klol)

I dont really pve at all, but its ok Im not insulted I think PvE is harder then fighting the best PvPers to be honest.

Here you go this is not my game mode, I just did it because it was easy (also thought I would get a tittle). When I say GvGers have better players Im coming from a position that can say it. When you insult GvGers you are coming from a position of ignorance. I know maybe someone paid me to get top 100 PvP and also do GvG and say GvG is better LOL.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

^ You really base your skill on a messed up soloque leaderboard with almost no population on it?

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Lopez.7369

Being in the top 0.5 percent is still impressive. That would be gladiator in WOW.

in PvP

Xom.9264

^ You really base your skill on a messed up soloque leaderboard with almost no population on it?

I dont at all, in fact Im not even that great there are a ton of GvGers better then me….

My point is average me gets top 100 because the player pool is low. Conquest is a failed game mode the low numbers show it. If it was fun and people liked it no amount of forum crying would stop people from doing it. GvG player pool is growing.

My intention is to add a strong position to argue from when the PvP so called elite come to call GvGers PvE players. Like the fellow already did to me, what now can he say?

Im a average GvGer but clearly above average PvPer…. so what game mode has the higher pool of skilled players?

(edited by Xom.9264)

in PvP

Darnis.4056

I’m not insulting you at all, I’m calling you out on what you’re doing, you’re posting toxic posts in pvp forums.

Did I call into question your skill? No.
Wvwvw is a form of PVE, deal with it.

Is this going to turn into another scrim request that gets dodged?

in PvP

Lopez.7369

GvG can take more skill depending on the size. I would say 10v10 takes more skill than conquest, but 20v20 doesn’t.

in PvP

Xom.9264

Anet is going to kill GvGs perhaps they feel its pulling from their E-sport. They are going to kill a popular community driven game mode on a whim.

It would be the same as them removing the Mists and PvP from the game today for you and others that enjoy conquest.

WvW is a form a PvE? Ok but I’m talking about GvGs that stands for guild vs guild deathmatch….. not very pve, conquest mode has more pve with trebs pve lords and circles you need to stand in. But whatever thats your opinion you are invested in conquest mode I see the R49 I get it.

@Lopez yeah im not a huge 20v20 fan but I respect the tactics teamwork and skill it takes. GvG is simple two guilds pick a number and fight to the death, the complexity that goes into this simple concept is really something when you get into it.

(edited by Xom.9264)

in PvP

Fenrir.3609

Anet is going to kill GvGs perhaps they feel its pulling from their E-sport. They are going to kill a popular community driven game mode on a whim.

If you are worried about them kittening up gvg (and given we are talking about ANET here your concern is probably valid), then don’t you think you would be better served making posts about the issue on the w3 forums instead of kittening up the place here?

There will be more people reading that forum and more people with a vested interest in supporting your claims. Moreover, you actually have a mod that posts and seems to give a kitten.

(edited by Fenrir.3609)

in PvP

Posted by: Conan.8046

Conan.8046

WvW is a form a PvE? Ok but I’m talking about GvGs that stands for guild vs guild deathmatch….. not very pve, conquest mode has more pve with trebs pve lords and circles you need to stand in. But whatever thats your opinion you are invested in conquest mode I see the R49 I get it.

Sound great, what game you playing? There is not GvG support in Gw2 except in the WvW.

in PvP

Xom.9264

If you are worried about them kittening up gvg (and given we are talking about ANET here your concern is probably valid), then don’t you think you would be better served making posts about the issue on the w3 forums instead of kittening up the place here?

There will be more people reading that forum and more people with a vested interest in supporting your claims. Moreover, you actually have a mod that posts and seems to give a kitten.

PAX just ended with views about the same as GvGs…. and I do PvP and want to see other game modes aka deathmatch all GvG is are deathmatch, Im in the right place.