tempest bunker ele is OP

tempest bunker ele is OP

in PvP

Posted by: Skyline Crash.6254

Skyline Crash.6254

they do pretty good damage while being absolutely invincible to 1v1s. and i’m a so called OP zerker DH.

tempest bunker ele is OP

in PvP

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

DH is the third worst elite spec for a reason. And a big one is how tempest can erase a DH with all those auras since DH spike is very minimal if you can’t force someone on a trap.

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

tempest bunker ele is OP

in PvP

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

Not to detract from your topic, but 8/9 of the elite specs are OP compared with the base specs.

tempest bunker ele is OP

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

I recently moved from DH to Scrapper and don’t have problems with them :P

tempest bunker ele is OP

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

Bunker Thief is OP, please nurf.

tempest bunker ele is OP

in PvP

Posted by: Talyn Sneider.1825

Talyn Sneider.1825

they do pretty good damage while being absolutely invincible to 1v1s. and i’m a so called OP zerker DH.

Absolutely invincible in 1vs1s…ermmmm nuff said canĀ“t take your complaint seriously with an afirmation like this.

If you’re not a troll go to the elementalist forum, lots of people explaining how to counter tempest elementalist. If you’re a troll Ill troll you back:

NERF traps erpppaaaa kitten ppp

Casual pvp’er – Can only play 2-3 hours a day

https://www.gw2pvp.de/profile/ab4bd8fa4c3f250ac9533c479b0b862b/

tempest bunker ele is OP

in PvP

Posted by: Belial.9350

Belial.9350

they do pretty good damage while being absolutely invincible to 1v1s

This sounds a lot more like scrapper lol

tempest bunker ele is OP

in PvP

Posted by: Curring.9752

Curring.9752

Perma 40% protection team wide opie.

In the greater blob of things, there is only the zerg.
Kittens, Kittens everywhere!

tempest bunker ele is OP

in PvP

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

It’s only on the ele…

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

tempest bunker ele is OP

in PvP

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

It’s only on the ele…

Nope you can get Perma protection on your team if you run powerful auras, use sand squall, and earth overload (and allies stay in range) very easily with 0 boon duration from runes. You need warhorn though, or durability or leadership runes to work with D/F. I modeled the scenarios based on different skill rotations, runes, and and trait setups.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

tempest bunker ele is OP

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

It’s only on the ele…

Nope you can get Perma protection on your team if you run powerful auras, use sand squall, and earth overload (and allies stay in range) very easily with 0 boon duration from runes. You need warhorn though, or durability or leadership runes to work with D/F. I modeled the scenarios based on different skill rotations, runes, and and trait setups.

What nearlight said. You can get it with just the Earth Trait Elemental Shielding. 0 boon duration. 3 seconds of prot every aura.

I hate it when people just claim stuff without any testing and just say "Nope.. Yada Yada Yada… it only affects the ele, so its not OP and please dont nerf my class

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

tempest bunker ele is OP

in PvP

Talyn Sneider.1825

It’s only on the ele…

True and with a carrion frostfire reaper you can spam chill on enemy team and easily break diamond skin and make the ele life miserable.

A golden rule of conquest pvp is damage dealers push hard…bunkers resist harder, both dps increased and people started crying that bunkers got tankier…with great power comes a extra tanky bunker.

Meta is pretty balanced so far, tempest is strong but so are reapers, revenants, scrappers, chronos, DHs….

In my opinion only thiefs and warriors should receive buffs.

So stop asking for nerfs when your class spams chills and condies with great survivability…you need a bunker like tempest to deal with that in the current meta

tempest bunker ele is OP

in PvP

Talyn Sneider.1825

It’s only on the ele…

What nearlight said. You can get it with just the Earth Trait Elemental Shielding. 0 boon duration. 3 seconds of prot every aura.

I hate it when people just claim stuff without any testing and just say "Nope.. Yada Yada Yada… it only affects the ele, so its not OP and please dont nerf my class

we all hate when we see someone claim a class is unbeatable in 1 vs 1 just cause he can’t beat it with DH

tempest bunker ele is OP

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

Most of the new specs are crazy OP: a common theme is that they are hard to kill, do lots of damage, have lots of cc, and just seem to spam aoe.

tempest bunker ele is OP

in PvP

Talyn Sneider.1825

Most of the new specs are crazy OP: a common theme is that they are hard to kill, do lots of damage, have lots of cc, and just seem to spam aoe.

This I agree, power creep has entered the game…but imo only thiefs and warriors are behind the OP status and priority should be buffing those classes, when everyone has power creeped game will balance out.

Only problem will maybe be people not enjoying the power creep…

tempest bunker ele is OP

in PvP

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

It’s only on the ele…

True and with a carrion frostfire reaper you can spam chill on enemy team and easily break diamond skin and make the ele life miserable.

A golden rule of conquest pvp is damage dealers push hard…bunkers resist harder, both dps increased and people started crying that bunkers got tankier…with great power comes a extra tanky bunker.

Meta is pretty balanced so far, tempest is strong but so are reapers, revenants, scrappers, chronos, DHs….

In my opinion only thiefs and warriors should receive buffs.

So stop asking for nerfs when your class spams chills and condies with great survivability…you need a bunker like tempest to deal with that in the current meta

Carrion signet reaper can’t break diamond skin any faster than a rabid or wanderer spec. Celestial, which people are still complacent enough to still use can break it though. But even then diamond skin gets broken so easily in teamfights (the place a tempest is supposed to be in, not 1v1s).

I’m not asking for tempest nerfs, I’m just stating the facts about their ability to maintain protection. Put some numbers in excel and you’ll get the same results, and considering that teammates can be out of range from your earth overload quite easily, and running powerful auras makes it so hard to deal with conditions, I wouldn’t say it’s as overpowered as people think. It’s powerful support, which is what it’s supposed to be. No amount of damage mitigation or stone heart or obsidian flesh will protect you indefinitely when 3+ people are focus firing you. I rest my case.

And yeah, I will agree that condi reaper chill damage is slightly overturned. But I’m more afraid that anet will nerf it around the same time that everyone will run AoE cleanse builds like shoutbow again and make it completely useless, again.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

tempest bunker ele is OP

in PvP

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

This build, like many other builds that have come out since HoT release, has profound strengths and profound weaknesses. I’ve had decent success against them on viper shiro/mallyx. Just gotta get the diamond skin down and go ham with condis.

tempest bunker ele is OP

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

This build, like many other builds that have come out since HoT release, has profound strengths and profound weaknesses. I’ve had decent success against them on viper shiro/mallyx. Just gotta get the diamond skin down and go ham with condis.

Here is the problem, you are also using one of the arguably overtuned classes. Do you think a dardevil or berserker would do the same?

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

tempest bunker ele is OP

in PvP

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

Here is the problem, you are also using one of the arguably overtuned classes. Do you think a dardevil or berserker would do the same?

I have no idea I haven’t played either one since Revenant came out. Berserker has a lot of access to burning so maybe a Viper berserker?

tempest bunker ele is OP

in PvP

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Not to detract from your topic, but 8/9 of the elite specs are OP compared with the base specs.

^ This is a way more salient point in terms of the overall health of the game. Maybe they should just get rid of the cele ammy and get rid of base profs in pvp altogether.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

tempest bunker ele is OP

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

This build, like many other builds that have come out since HoT release, has profound strengths and FEW weaknesses. .

There fixed it for you.

tempest bunker ele is OP

in PvP

Posted by: princode.2750

princode.2750

Its funny when tempest just release ppl complain how useless it is and after a while people finally manage to figure out a meta build.

Currently tempest is the new DD….deal higher then average damage yet can bunker against 2-3 player it counter all condi heavy build.

tempest bunker ele is OP

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Its funny when tempest just release ppl complain how useless it is and after a while people finally manage to figure out a meta build.

Because people were expecting a DPS build. It’s a Tempest for god sake, throwing tornadoes around. It turned out the only way to play Tempest was to spec 3 defensive lines full bunker. Ele already had a top tier bunker spec that was D/D cele. We didn’t need another bunker spec. That was why people said it was useless.

None of our Zerker sets is remotely viable.

Ele now only has bunker builds. As soon as enough people complain about it and ANet nerf it, Ele will have no other viable build. Even a Berserker can eat a zerker Tempest for breakfast with Rifle spam.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

tempest bunker ele is OP

in PvP

Posted by: Asherah.7651

Asherah.7651

Because people were expecting a DPS build. It’s a Tempest for god sake, throwing tornadoes around. It turned out the only way to play Tempest was to spec 3 defensive lines full bunker. Ele already had a top tier bunker spec that was D/D cele. We didn’t need another bunker spec. That was why people said it was useless.

None of our Zerker sets is remotely viable.

Ele now only has bunker builds. As soon as enough people complain about it and ANet nerf it, Ele will have no other viable build. Even a Berserker can eat a zerker Tempest for breakfast with Rifle spam.

Umm…I main a tempest, and you definitely dont have to go full bunker with three defensive lines. I’ve been running auramncer with maruader, E/A/T and D/F since the elite specs launched and I have a ton of success with it. Definitely a more offensive oriented build, but it still benefits from all the active defenses and sustain from auras.

tempest bunker ele is OP

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Tempest has heaps of damage negation.

Tempest: 40%
Frost Aura: 10%
Earth: Geomancy Defense 10%, Stone Flesh 150+ toughness, Diamond Skin.

Scrapper runes for another 7%

Having aura build lets you have the ability to apply permanent protection with spammable heals ontop of everything else.

Running that set up with celestial, PVT or Sentinal then yer, you will need atleast 2-3 people.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

tempest bunker ele is OP

in PvP

Posted by: jalmari.3906

jalmari.3906

keyboard turning bow spamming dh complaining about dying onto magnetic auras

1/10

if you’re playing a team and you know how to deal with enemy builds ele is no big problem. boon removal, interrupts, focus target, unblockable skills etc. play much bigger role now than before which is kind of a good thing though, even if it isn’t just on right balance yet..

elite specs are generally “op” compared to other builds but that’s another matter..

Guardian 80 Necromancer 80 Ranger 80 Mesmer 80 Elementalist 80 Warrior 80

tempest bunker ele is OP

in PvP

Posted by: jalmari.3906

jalmari.3906

Having aura build lets you have the ability to apply permanent protection with spammable heals ontop of everything else.

Running that set up with celestial, PVT or Sentinal then yer, you will need atleast 2-3 people.

if you play reaper you should know you can solo ele with it with half decent build without even trying too much..

Guardian 80 Necromancer 80 Ranger 80 Mesmer 80 Elementalist 80 Warrior 80

tempest bunker ele is OP

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

if you play reaper you should know you can solo ele with it with half decent build without even trying too much..

Without a doubt Reaper would have the best shot and would most likely come out ontop but the duration of that battle would be a waste unless you already had the cap point. I play both classes for roughly 2 hours a day, I’m not a pro, but I know better to not waste time in a 1v1 vs a Sentinal/Cele/PvT Ele, especially now since Aura share.

If this was WvW, yes I would waste the 1-5 minutes fighting the spec just for the sake of a “good duel”. But it’s PvP and constantly rotating for the +1 is essential in such a fast paced environment.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

tempest bunker ele is OP

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Was wondering when this post was coming.

But Tempest isn’t exactly the problem here; it’s heal based sustain builds in general, and it’s been an issue since release. Ele just happens to promote the playstyle more so than other classes.

The game is not balanced 1v1 so often you get a build that does decent damage but can outlast most builds on the simple fact that a endlessly refilling health bar vs one that does not (regardless of how large the cap difference is) only one has limits to give.

Problem is all players strive for this, and when one build achieves it objectively better than everything else it dominates the meta and people will complain.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

tempest bunker ele is OP

in PvP

It’s only on the ele…

Yes, sure, but on everyone else the protection is still 30% damage reduction, the 40% damage reduction is just for the ele itself.

tempest bunker ele is OP

in PvP

Was wondering when this post was coming.

But Tempest isn’t exactly the problem here; it’s heal based sustain builds in general, and it’s been an issue since release. Ele just happens to promote the playstyle more so than other classes.

That’s because ele is the only class where healing IS the only sustain they have. Other classes, when built for sustain/tankyness, have blocks, low cooldown evades, stealth, stuff like that, plus some healing. Eles ONLY have healing so of course the healing needs to be way higher than on other sustain classes.

Which is how we ended up with how eles have been since the game. Either dominating or completely underpowered with just a few nerfs between those 2 states.

Just look at revenants who have almost as much sustain als cele eles in marauder amulet, and they get all that sustain through blocks and evades, they actually don’t have that much healing.

tempest bunker ele is OP

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Tempest is a bunker spec, it’s completely one-dimensional because it’s all it can do.

It would have to be redesigned before it could be nerfed else it would just be completely useless.