when pvp transforms into farming

in PvP

Posted by: smesk.3104

smesk.3104

I stopped playing for about 6 months and when i come back… nothing has changed in pvp ! New class, new specs, skill balance improvements, all this looks great but seriously, how can the devs find no solutions for their spvp mode ??! Their is still no fun and accessible pvp mode in GW2 !
Matches always always end up in 4v5 and get filled with grinders who mistake pvp for pve farming. And im not takling about solo queue, i just want to jump in a game, have fun for 30 mins and get away… but it is not possible. But it could be really simple to have (more or less) even games :
1) when their is as many players in each team, just don’t allow to jump in the winning team => silly grinders have to fight their way if they want their points
2) allow to see how many players are spectating on each map from the browser pannel so everybody now how many are actually really playing => players who really want to pvp will naturally fill up the maps with 8 or 9 active players
3) make the auto balance much faster, like every 10 seconds max. When a player leave, 30 seconds or so without the point lead AND a numeric inferiority is just the end of the match for the team which lost a player.

And thats it ! Simple ideas wich forces no one to anything but who greatly improve everyone experience of a simple and fun pvp. So now somebody tells me why it is not implemented after all those years of developpement ?!!

Cheers !

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

Wait till the leagues are starting. They should (in theory) be the solution to all the problem you described. Let’s wait and see if they do this in practice too.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Dramen Maidria.1034

Dramen Maidria.1034

This is why anyone who wants to play an actual game plays rated games

Dramen Maidria
Knights of ARES, Dragonbrand
Good times, good memories

in PvP

Posted by: Arkantos.7460

Arkantos.7460

its not dev fault if matches ends in 5vs4 ,
there are ALWAYS LEAVERS
ppl who think if they had lost if they left behind 100 or 200points are unexperienced

Good Thiefs are average,
Skilled Thiefs are dangerous

in PvP

Posted by: Nocta.5274

Nocta.5274

Don’t play hotjjoin. Play unranked.

Characters :
Nooctae ( Thief ) / Encelya ( Engineer ) / Jane Crimson ( Elementalist ) / Kowywr ( Revenant )
Europe, Vizunah.

in PvP

Posted by: Schurge.5194

Schurge.5194

Do not ever play Hotjoin unless you are using one of those specialty duel servers or daily servers. Unranked is the way to go… far fewer disconnects that last an entire match. Sadly I can’t recommend Ranked until they add the three “unpopular” maps back to Ranked. Some of us like to play more then Foefire / Nifhel / Khylo.

Champion Phantom
We are not friends.

in PvP

smesk.3104

I agree to play unranked to get better games but i’m still sad there is no “hop in / hop off” pvp mode. I find it shocking that it is so hard to just have FUN in pvp. And by the way, what do you think of the ideas suggested ? don’t you think they could improve hotjoin a lot while being easy to put in place ?

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Hotjoin doesn’t have to be the mess that it is, fixing the autobalance issues, spectator abuse and putting at least a tiny system in place to help prevent uneven matches would go a long way in making Hotjoin a more bearable experience.

But Anet do not care about PvP (don’t let leagues fool you) if they did, they would have done something about this over the course of several years, instead they have done absolutely nothing to improve the hotjoin experience they touted about pre-launch.

I’ve made topics in the past, I might have to copy-pasta them to refresh em on the forums…

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/sPvP-Hot-Topics-aka-Hotjoin-Issues/first#post5496179

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Needed-PvP-Tutorial-for-New-Players/first#post4794526

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

(edited by Zietlogik.6208)

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Do not ever play Hotjoin unless you are using one of those specialty duel servers or daily servers. Unranked is the way to go… far fewer disconnects that last an entire match. Sadly I can’t recommend Ranked until they add the three “unpopular” maps back to Ranked. Some of us like to play more then Foefire / Nifhel / Khylo.

Oh god, please don’t ruin ranked with awful maps. There’ll be no sanctuary D:

To OP, never hotjoin or unranked. Best you can get is queing as serious as it gets, which incidentally is your best shot at the most fun :)

in PvP

Posted by: Jazrak.1749

Jazrak.1749

I wish they would let us queue for ranked/unranked while still in hotjoin. =(

in PvP

smesk.3104

It really bugs me out how people (and devs included) can accept that major flaws that could be easily resolved are not like it is normal, but then cry for impossible balance optimisation and more content all the time. Shouldn’t hotjoin, which is supposed to be fun and accessible, be corrected before to get guild matches for example ?!

in PvP

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

I miss the hotjoin we had BEFORE private servers and such. No getting to choose your team…no spectators, no map vetos. You choose hotjoin and are thrown into a random map with random people on random teams. THAT is how hotjoin SHOULD function.
Spectators should be a different que function that lets you watch a random match while waiting on your own hotjoin que…you will NEVER be joining the match you are watching.

Bam…hotjoin fixed.

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

You can’t even farm hotjoin lol, you earn stuff faster in unranked even with a 30% win-rate.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Posted by: Sampo.9678

Sampo.9678

Custom servers can be configured the way people want to in hotjoin and that’s ok.

But the normal hotjoin servers, players should be unable to pick a team.
Players in losing teams go spectator and force autobalance and then join the winning team.

Sometimes i see angry kids in unranked telling other people to go back to hotjoin to learn how to pvp.
But Hotjoin is pure aids at the moment and should be avoided, especially by new players.

And i would like to see rewards being lowered for custom servers.
I believe they can get 25% of a track at the moment? Maybe that could be lowered.
Hitting eachother and jumping down the hole to get rewards shouldn’t be as rewarding as doing pvp normally.
This way you can still get your dailies done then on such a farm server as much as you’d like.

“Be brave, little rabbit. Take a chance.”

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

Custom servers can be configured the way people want to in hotjoin and that’s ok.

But the normal hotjoin servers, players should be unable to pick a team.
Players in losing teams go spectator and force autobalance and then join the winning team.

Sometimes i see angry kids in unranked telling other people to go back to hotjoin to learn how to pvp.
But Hotjoin is pure aids at the moment and should be avoided, especially by new players.

And i would like to see rewards being lowered for custom servers.
I believe they can get 25% of a track at the moment? Maybe that could be lowered.
Hitting eachother and jumping down the hole to get rewards shouldn’t be as rewarding as doing pvp normally.
This way you can still get your dailies done then on such a farm server as much as you’d like.

Just remove spectator mode in the standard hotjoin servers altogether. Why would you want to spectate random people whose skill level you have no idea about anyway? Leave spectator mode for the custom player-made servers.

Removing spectator mode means that people would be forced into a team upon joining and prevents auto-balance abuse.

As for ‘hitting people and jumping down kitten’, the reward for this is nowhere near that of doing unranked/ranked. You get significantly reduced rewards for shorter matches, they probably only make around 200 rank points per round for a win, 80 for a loss.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

(edited by Random Weird Guy.3528)