why people don't read team chat?

in PvP

Posted by: Coelho Nat.4697

Coelho Nat.4697

It is getting really annoying. Apparently nodoby read team chat to adjust the team tatics.
Many times you try to advice your team: “Don’t go alone to point X because there is a bunker protecting it”, “Don’t zerg”, “Rush lord”, etc.
And in 90% of the time is like speaking to a wall.

in PvP

Posted by: Belial.9350

Belial.9350

A lot of people have team/map chat switched off because they’re fed up of all the flaming that happens in them.

in PvP

Coelho Nat.4697

I understand if someone turns off the map/whisper/say chat (I also turn them off during pvp matches), but team chat is necessary for a minimum of organization.

in PvP

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

Sometimes I feel like half the people in the game have me on block list

in PvP

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

So many team chats turn into flaming, even when people seem to think they are calling good strategies. There tend to be issues with: people making calls in /team when they have no idea what they’re talking about, people not complying with team strategies, random bouts of anger that lead to flame-fests and distract players from the game. And the fact that conditions in spvp change so quickly that a call made in chat may no longer be accurate or appropriate by the time it is acted upon.

It would be nice to have friendly chats in team that also lead to winning, but I think it rarely happens.

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

So many team chats turn into flaming, even when people seem to think they are calling good strategies. There tend to be issues with: people making calls in /team when they have no idea what they’re talking about, people not complying with team strategies, random bouts of anger that lead to flame-fests and distract players from the game. And the fact that conditions in spvp change so quickly that a call made in chat may no longer be accurate or appropriate by the time it is acted upon.

It would be nice to have friendly chats in team that also lead to winning, but I think it rarely happens.

Exactly.

In all honesty; i ignore chat most of the time. The vast majority of players have no idea what theyre doing and the communication tends to be either flaming or total BS.

in PvP

Posted by: Maxwell.7843

Maxwell.7843

Do teams actually end up winning while ignoring team chat?

I noticed that when I’m in a team that ignores the chat, people also tend not to call targets, run around aimlessly, and ultimately we loose.
On the other end, when there’s proper communication in team chat, I notice that people also call targets, rotate, and we normally win.

As a consequence of that, I always assumed that not communicating was something a bad/inexperienced player did. So I was surprised to find out that some people keep team chat turned off by choice and not by mistake…

In my opinion, if a person cannot handle the possibility of criticism (and thus keep team chat turned off by default), they shouldn’t really play PvP at all…

(edited by Maxwell.7843)

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

I noticed that when I’m in a team that ignores the chat, people also tend not to call targets, run around aimlessly, and ultimately we loose.
On the other end, when there’s proper communication in team chat, I notice that people also call targets, rotate, and we normally win.

I think that if a person cannot handle the possibility of criticism (and thus keep team chat turned off by default), they shouldn’t really play PvP at all…

I don’t know about you, but approximately 95% of my soloq wins have been with nobody speaking in team chat.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Maxwell.7843

I’d say it’s reversed for me… When nobody speaks, usually the match the follows is pretty one-sided and results in a loss

If you have been playing since the time of soloq, your mmr is probably way better than mine. Maybe at the level you are at, people know what to do, regardless of using team chat…

(edited by Maxwell.7843)

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

I’d say it’s reversed for me… When nobody speaks, usually the match the follows is pretty one-sided and results in a loss

Are you playing unranked or ranked?

in PvP

Maxwell.7843

Unranked

/15 char

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

Unranked

/15 char

Can’t speak about an unranked experience since team chat in ranked is almost exclusively reserved for flaming/blaming your teammates (that’s the real reality if your not in a full team). It isn’t noticeable that much since most people barely type in team chat in ranked because everyone “assumes” you know what you’re doing, but the chat stands out more once every 30 games or so from the small population that does this.

in PvP

Posted by: Garrisyl.7402

Garrisyl.7402

It is getting really annoying. Apparently nodoby read team chat to adjust the team tatics.
Many times you try to advice your team: “Don’t go alone to point X because there is a bunker protecting it”, “Don’t zerg”, “Rush lord”, etc.
And in 90% of the time is like speaking to a wall.

Not sure what level you’re playing at, but at least in unranked there’s a huge surge of new players. They don’t know what point is point X, they don’t know what a bunker is, and they don’t know what zerging is or when they do it. You might as well be speaking chinese to them and get the same (lack of) response. It’s often a matter of understanding teamchat rather than reading it.

In one of my matches today I was capping close and a teammate came to stand on the point next to me. I told him “don’t dualcap, it won’t go any faster”, to which he just responded “?”.

It’s super frustrating, since obviously you can’t start explaining the meachanics of pvp to them in the middler of the match, and you just have to accept the fact that you have teammates running around without knowing what they’re doing.

in PvP

Coelho Nat.4697

As a consequence of that, I always assumed that not communicating was something a bad/inexperienced player did. So I was surprised to find out that some people keep team chat turned off by choice and not by mistake…

In my opinion, if a person cannot handle the possibility of criticism (and thus keep team chat turned off by default), they shouldn’t really play PvP at all…

I do agree with you. In my experience (unranked arenas), teams that communicates increases the chance of winning. Even simple calls like “inc to mid”, “I go home”, etc. are helpful.
I don’t know how it affects ranked arenas since I don’t play them because there are too many unpolite players (and unfortunatelly anet does not about it).

in PvP

Posted by: Bunnytown.7801

Bunnytown.7801

I have an ignore chat channel for the sole purpose of pvp. I don’t always have it on, but all it takes is one toxic game and it’s on the rest of my playtime. Honestly, I would rather lose than be annoyed during what time I have to sit down and play.