A client for Linux

A client for Linux

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jenni M Veran.7824

Jenni M Veran.7824

The one big problem I’m having is that wine doesn’t use more than one CPU. Else, everything is fine. I’ve been playing GW2 on Ubuntu since November. I use Playonlinux, as they have a patched version of wine that took care of the most annoying bugs.

The FPS can get bad, usually it’s at 20-25 FPS, lower when there is a lot of effects going on, but almost never crashing. As my computer only reaches a bit over the minimum requirements, my graphics aren’t too shiny, but that’s not Linux’s or GW2’s fault.

I don’t think some “Linux” version that reaches beyond wine/cedega will be coming. I don’t even see what should be programmed there. Take the standard windows file and put it into a wrapper/emulator*. It’s the wrappers that need working on, and steadily, they’re getting better. Apart from slideshow playing inside a zerg, I can do everything in GW2.
——
*whatever the technical term might be. Some stuff that translates between program’s windownese and linuxian, including those things about DirectX and opengl.

A client for Linux

in Suggestions

Posted by: MehWhatever.1248

MehWhatever.1248

The one big problem I’m having is that wine doesn’t use more than one CPU. Else, everything is fine. I’ve been playing GW2 on Ubuntu since November. I use Playonlinux, as they have a patched version of wine that took care of the most annoying bugs.

The FPS can get bad, usually it’s at 20-25 FPS, lower when there is a lot of effects going on, but almost never crashing. As my computer only reaches a bit over the minimum requirements, my graphics aren’t too shiny, but that’s not Linux’s or GW2’s fault.

I don’t think some “Linux” version that reaches beyond wine/cedega will be coming. I don’t even see what should be programmed there. Take the standard windows file and put it into a wrapper/emulator*. It’s the wrappers that need working on, and steadily, they’re getting better. Apart from slideshow playing inside a zerg, I can do everything in GW2.
——
*whatever the technical term might be. Some stuff that translates between program’s windownese and linuxian, including those things about DirectX and opengl.

No wrapper will ever be as good as a true native version, because even if the wrapper itself is literally perfect, it will still introduce overhead just by being there. There’s also no reason to make a wrapper that’s better than Wine, because you can spend the time making Wine better instead.

@ALL: There’s a rather interesting patchset available that should help with the FPS drops, or at least it does for me. No benchmarks because I’m a lazy piece of kitten.

You may or may not know me as K900.

A client for Linux

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aneirin Cadwall.9126

Aneirin Cadwall.9126

I’d really love to hear a dev saying something about this… It’s been 14 pages already!

I don’t want to hear a dev say anything until what they say is “the official supported (or unsupported) Guild Wars 2 Linux is ready! Click here to download a .deb or .rpm.”

Men who achieve some power desire more until they destroy themselves trying to get it.—Turai Ossa
Sanctum of Rall since beta 3. Mesmer since 1070 AE

A client for Linux

in Suggestions

Posted by: Branden.3714

Branden.3714

I cannot blame them for not wanting to right now. I believe fragmentation, craptastic debuggers and low numbers of users are a few reasons why ArenaNet has chosen not to port GW2 to a Linux kernel based OS. That is changing thanks to Valve. Here is a recent link to watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzn6E2m3otg. There are other companies, like CryTek: http://www.engadget.com/2013/07/16/crytek-hiring-linux-developer/, who are also considering Linux. GPU manufactures are releasing better drivers. Etc… I think ArenaNet will eventually port some titles to a Linux distro (Ubuntu). It will be an awesome day when I no longer have to dual boot.

A client for Linux

in Suggestions

Posted by: capsula.6914

capsula.6914

I think the results of valve are under the eyes of all in fact many software houses are moving to bring many AAA titles I wonder why not bring gw2

anet make us this gift

A client for Linux

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chronos.7296

Chronos.7296

I totally agree with this post.
Now I almost never use Window$ anymore and I want to properly play GW2 again.
IMHO, nowadays, Linux Client is a “must have” if any company wants to be considered as 100% “Professional” specially when we’re talking about big ones (Again… IMHO).

A client for Linux

in Suggestions

Posted by: Skamlic.8041

Skamlic.8041

With SteamOS and soon SteamBox, only games on Steam will currently benefit. GW2 is not on Steam and I think it won’t be for a long time. Even if Valve is making such awesome move, I don’t see how could this affect Anet.

A client for Linux

in Suggestions

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

The engine is so needing a rewrite -very poor multithreading, anchored on an obsolete DirectX with lot of disadvantages-

Obsolete DirectX? Just how many PC games released are programed in OpenGL compared to DirectX? Other than Blizzard, ID Software, and some indie titles, Direct X is still king when making games? Obsolete? Hardly, not when nearly everyone and their dog is using Direct X for PC games.

A client for Linux

in Suggestions

Posted by: LeeroyNimoy.1864

LeeroyNimoy.1864

I’ll start by being honest, I stopped reading after the third or forth page, but I can say that Linux can’t be that far off. Mac clients and Linux clients both use OpenGL, so porting isn’t impossible, by any stretch of the imagination. In the meantime, if you’re needing to play on Linux, I have a friend who said that the Windows client works fine via WINE on the Play on Linux software.

Ability is what you can do; Motivation is how much you do; Attitude is how well you do it.
My idea compilation thread:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Seven-ideas-in-one-post/first#post3038023

A client for Linux

in Suggestions

LeeroyNimoy.1864

The engine is so needing a rewrite -very poor multithreading, anchored on an obsolete DirectX with lot of disadvantages-

Obsolete DirectX? Just how many PC games released are programed in OpenGL compared to DirectX? Other than Blizzard, ID Software, and some indie titles, Direct X is still king when making games? Obsolete? Hardly, not when nearly everyone and their dog is using Direct X for PC games.

The only issue is, OpenGL is easier to code in, and generally accepted as being cheaper. DirectX just has a corner on the market with Windows backing them, that’s the only reason they’re “king”. Linux is a more powerful OS than Windows, just not as user friendly or with all the added thrills, this is why people don’t port – that and most of them don’t understand what I just said above.

Ability is what you can do; Motivation is how much you do; Attitude is how well you do it.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Seven-ideas-in-one-post/first#post3038023

A client for Linux

in Suggestions

Posted by: MehWhatever.1248

MehWhatever.1248

I’ll start by being honest, I stopped reading after the third or forth page, but I can say that Linux can’t be that far off. Mac clients and Linux clients both use OpenGL, so porting isn’t impossible, by any stretch of the imagination. In the meantime, if you’re needing to play on Linux, I have a friend who said that the Windows client works fine via WINE on the Play on Linux software.

The problem is, the Mac client uses Cider. Cider is a proprietary Wine fork-based (from the days of yore when Wine was MIT licensed) wrapper that only runs on OS X. Even if the current OS X client gets “ported” to Linux, it will still be a wrapped Windows version, which is better than nothing, but isn’t really good, especially with all the bugs that are already present in the OS X client.

You may or may not know me as K900.

A client for Linux

in Suggestions

LeeroyNimoy.1864

The problem is, the Mac client uses Cider. Cider is a proprietary Wine fork-based (from the days of yore when Wine was MIT licensed) wrapper that only runs on OS X. Even if the current OS X client gets “ported” to Linux, it will still be a wrapped Windows version, which is better than nothing, but isn’t really good, especially with all the bugs that are already present in the OS X client.

I play on a custom-built Win7 gaming rig, so I can’t speak personally on the following accounts, but I do have direct knowledge of them from the people I play games with. My fiance is running the Mac Beta without any issues – so far, I’m not entirely sure what kind of issues I’m looking for anyway. Now it could be that her particular machine has the ideal specs to make it work, it could be that we’re really lucky. As for Linux, like I stated above, another friend of mine has had success with logging into the Play on Linux WINE program on his machine at work (he’s a system admin somewhere, so he can get away with that and I’m jealous). He says it can be a bit laggy, so you wouldn’t want to do world boss fights, but he’s able to handle most of the Champ Zerg in Queensdale and he can run around filling hearts and farming mats just fine. A more gaming-centric machine running Linux might have even more success, since his is technically not meant to run high graphic software.

I realize these are, by no means, ultimately answers, but they are at least a sort of stop-loss for a short while.

A client for Linux

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lithorec.2048

Lithorec.2048

If they make a native Linux client for this game I’ll start playing again. Heck I’ll even throw in a couple hundred gems for good measure.

A client for Linux

in Suggestions

Posted by: smekras.8203

smekras.8203

still playing GW2 on linux under WINE, although i switched from Ubuntu to Fedora thanks to Canonical’s decision to practically fork the desktop. With Valve releasing their Steambox and pressuring Nvidia (well, not just them, but they did have a hand in it i bet) into release documentation for their drivers gaming in linux is becoming easier and easier.

now is a good time for a native linux GW2 client

Server: Kaineng | Guild: Blackflame Legion [BFL]
Perhaps the only RP-oriented guild on the server
Main Character: Farathnor (sylvari ranger) 1 of 22

A client for Linux

in Suggestions

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

I play on Linux primarily and Mac (macbook) ot do stuff like BLTP and crafting.

My only two complaints with playing on Linux are the fact we can’t see the BLTP due to chrome (or is it chromium?) and the lower framerates cited by Jenni M Veran above. The former is why I use Mac for BLTP.

I do not crash, and using a script, I can use all 8 CPU cores (albeit, even on a single core, it’s still fast).

But if it would alleviate these two issues, I’d love to see a native client as well (even if perpetually beta like the Mac client)!

A client for Linux

in Suggestions

LeeroyNimoy.1864

I think making the game available via Steam and supporting the SteamOS (which is Linux-base) would help solve some of the issues. It would (a) force them to look at the Linux OS as a serious source, (b) give them the support of the Steam community – a rather large community – © put AreaNet on the front lines of what has the potential to be the next best thing in the living rooms, and countless other possible benefits that I am too lazy and tired to think of at this moment. Also, as I think I have stated at least once in a prior post, Linux uses the same graphics coding (OpenGL) as MacOS . . . this should make the port from one to the other a little easier. Plus that bit where Steam is offering better percentage of sales to companies supporting Linux and selling via their DRM.

A client for Linux

in Suggestions

Posted by: AcFiBu.9624

AcFiBu.9624

I’d love a Linux port for GW2.
I sadly still have a gaming PC running windows but use linux on all my other machines. I also dual boot my gaming PC but as most of my gaming is GW2 nowadays I rarely launch into linux on that machine.

A client for Linux

in Suggestions

Posted by: Death Slayer.1468

Death Slayer.1468

I’m now playing GW2 on linux and I have stoped using windows for it, since windows just screews up all the time.

Just posting it here so every1 know I’m playing on linux, I get average 20 fps, but it’s still smooth, max fps I got today was 40+ fps witch I really did not expect in WvW (at border WP)
The in game setting I use is mostly meduim settings, some are on low tho, but it works for me

Now I start to wonder what the performance would be with a native linux port

A client for Linux

in Suggestions

Posted by: smekras.8203

smekras.8203

oh yeah, forgot to mention. i’m running GW2 with the following configuration:

1st gen i7, a GTX295 nvidia card, 6gb of ram, highest settings (except for culling, set to lowest) @ 1680×1050, running WINE 1.7.2 in three separate prefixes (normal for me, normal for the gf and patched for both when we need to use the BLTP)

we’re lucky to get 45fps on the char select screen and 20 in game

Server: Kaineng | Guild: Blackflame Legion [BFL]
Perhaps the only RP-oriented guild on the server
Main Character: Farathnor (sylvari ranger) 1 of 22

A client for Linux

in Suggestions

Posted by: Erridein.8394

Erridein.8394

I had to install Windows only because my GW2 doesn’t want to run on Ubuntu (with different versions of Wine and settings). But I will be glad not reload my computer every time I want play.

A client for Linux

in Suggestions

Posted by: madmalkav.4805

madmalkav.4805

I was refering to Directx9 used by the game, not to DirectX as a whole.

A client for Linux

in Suggestions

Posted by: capsula.6914

capsula.6914

wine version works fine as far as pve and run at 30 fps stable .. regarding pvp and the WVW fps drop to 5/8, it unplayable so that’s why I ask for a native client for linux

A client for Linux

in Suggestions

Posted by: jakalofnaar.1702

jakalofnaar.1702

I’m hoping Valve will cause a paradigm shift in the game developer community with their SteamOS/SteamBox. Honestly the only reason developers see high volumes of Windows players is because they refuse to release Linux versions of their games.

I can promise you now, if you gave us the option, most gamers would switch to Linux in a heartbeat!

It also erks me whenever I see a game written solely in DirectX. As developers you’ve basically limited the amount of platforms your product can run on, and shouldn’t you be trying to maximize this?

OpenGL has been used to power some really ground breaking AAA games the last few years, and is completely Opensource, why developers continue to disregard it is confusing to me.

But then what do I know about game development, I’m just a lowly web developer….

A client for Linux

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nazrael.4537

Nazrael.4537

By the time that SteamOS and the controller comes out, I will get rid of windows. While I would hate to not be able to play gw2 anymore, I don’t see why I should keep a whole OS just to play one single game. I know it is possible to run it under wine but I already tried it out and the overall experience is not very satisfying.

A client for Linux

in Suggestions

Posted by: omegajimes.2471

omegajimes.2471

I’ll throw my hat in here as another person who uses Linux daily, and only goes to Windows for gaming. Specifically Guild Wars 2. I’ve tried running it under POL, but since I’m on Ubuntu 13.04 it has a lot more problems than running under 12.10. Maybe 13.10 will help, but I’m doubtful. It sucks that this one game that I play more often than any other makes me have to reboot my machine in order to play it.

I know ANet is a small team and, and you guys are working hard at bringing new content to us every two weeks, but I’d really really like a native linux client.

A client for Linux

in Suggestions

Posted by: TamarinNOR.3251

TamarinNOR.3251

Can any developer please come with a statement considering the possibility of a Linux client?

A client for Linux

in Suggestions

Posted by: TamarinNOR.3251

TamarinNOR.3251

Today might be the last day I will be able to play this game. The release of Ubuntu 13.10 (not that it seems like I will be using Ubuntu after all) was set to be the date to remove Windows, and since there wont be a Linux client, I don’t see any reason to keep Windows while waiting for a Linux client.

This one single game is the only reason that I have booted up Windows the last year, but then again have stood for all gaming in this period and most of the computer use in general. If I don’t get this game to work in Linux, are there really any good MMOs available for Linux. If I do get it to work, can it be changes done to the game that makes it a mess again?

(edited by TamarinNOR.3251)

A client for Linux

in Suggestions

Posted by: madmalkav.4805

madmalkav.4805

Is there any performance advantadge on running the game on a VM instead of using Wine?

A client for Linux

in Suggestions

Posted by: Leios.8965

Leios.8965

Is there any performance advantadge on running the game on a VM instead of using Wine?

Honestly, I have not tried GW2 on a VM; however, wine is typically the easier solution. With a VM, you have to keep both OS’s fed (with RAM and such) and still “boot into” a Windows partition you have on your machine. Because of this, if you’ve got Windows on your machine, it’s probably still best to boot into it for games, considering you will have to deal with the OS either way. There are also certain restrictions the VM imposes on it’s own, effectively limiting the maximum FPS (from what I can tell, VMware is better for gaming purposes than VirtualBox). In the end, I would be surprised if there was a performance gain from running a VM. Again, though, I have not tested it.

As for the rest of the thread: Guild Wars 2 has been out for a year now, which means that Anet has probably gotten into a development groove. With any luck, they will start to look into items that were previously lower on their list (like a linux client).

A client for Linux

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shahrizai.7683

Shahrizai.7683

Bump for linux client.

I’ve been struggling with Playonlinux (which causes my system to freeze), Wine (which leaves me with a hanging launcher at 0Kb/0Kb) and Crossover (that runs, but crappy fps and no Trading Post)….

Seriously! I WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME!! (in Linux, as I dont have Windows)

A client for Linux

in Suggestions

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

Bump for linux client.

I’ve been struggling with Playonlinux (which causes my system to freeze), Wine (which leaves me with a hanging launcher at 0Kb/0Kb) and Crossover (that runs, but crappy fps and no Trading Post)….

Seriously! I WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME!! (in Linux, as I dont have Windows)

You bought a Windows game when you do not have windows? very strange.

A client for Linux

in Suggestions

Shahrizai.7683

You honestly believe I’m incapable of getting Windows? … There are pirate versions with cracks and patches all over the place. However, I cannot say I enjoy using them.
So yes, I formatted my Windows partition.

But perhaps you are right… why bother? I guess I’ll go and launch Steam and throw some money at them instead of the gem-store. After all, they understand and do what Anet does not.

A client for Linux

in Suggestions

Posted by: Leios.8965

Leios.8965

I guess I’ll go and launch Steam and throw some money at them instead of the gem-store. After all, they understand and do what Anet does not.

This is the reason I still post on this thread. I love Anet and agree with most of their decisions, but if they ignore linux for much longer, they might lose a chunk of their player-base. I want to support Guild Wars 1 and 2—they are still some of my favorite games; however, I want to support linux MORE.

Anet still has the potential to be one of the first AAA MMO’s on linux. This will draw attention to them AND help them out financially (not that they are struggling in any way, but more money is always good). Currently, linux users are figuratively throwing wads of cash at every developer that supports them. There is no better time for Anet to break into the linux market.

I don’t want them to miss this opportunity.

On top of that, I now have plenty of shiny new linux games to distract me. For this reason, I have not logged on to Guild Wars 2 in months. Why would I? I have real developers creating linux games. I have been in support of Guid Wars 2 since the announcement a few years ago. Now, though… I don’t know. The game is great, but is it worth logging on to Windows for? No. That is the simple answer.

More often than not, when I am playing video games, I am also ssh’d into another computer and running code. I cannot do this easily with Windows. In fact, when playing games on Windows, multitasking is nearly impossible because of the single workspace. For this reason, there is a large opportunity cost to running Windows. Namely, if Windows is running on my computer, I cannot do any work. No game is worth dropping my productivity to zero for a definite amount of time. This is why I use WINE. It is a decent solution for now. Unfortunately, it is slower than just running the game in Windows. The best solution is a linux client.

It is in my best interest and the best interest of Anet to make a linux client, so far as I can see. I am even willing to help in any way possible. Unfortunately, it is hard to persuade anyone that linux is worth looking into, so the Guild Wars 2 linux community just keep talking on this thread to let players know that the linux community is still out there, waiting for their client.

A client for Linux

in Suggestions

Shahrizai.7683

Amen to Leios! Well said!

A client for Linux

in Suggestions

Posted by: Veprovina.4876

Veprovina.4876

I don’t get why everyone in the games industry is ignoring linux.
Especially now that everyone wants in on the Android games market.

Also, hardware manufacturers. nVidia anyone?
Project shield uses Android and it’s their next bext gaming thing. They sell GPU’s for mobile phones and tablets that run android. And what drivers do we get for linux desktops? Some half-written mostly buggy drivers that lack key features the same windows drivers have. WTF?

Newsflash – Android is linux based. So it’s very hypocritical of the developers to go out of their way to make games and ports for android and ignore desktop linux distributions completely.

I know desktop users mostly use windows, and linux is not that popular, but with the system getting better and better, more and more people are using it.
Moreover, linux fans that want to play games, but also the ones who just want to support the OS and the developers, are practically throwing their money at any developer that promises to do a linux native game. Just check out kickstarter. If they say there’s going to be a linux option, they’re swimming in cash by the end of the day, let alone month.

Linux users want to play games. Wine is not a solution, it’s complicated for casual users and doesn’t run anything very well compared to a native program written for that OS.

I applaud Steam for having the guts to go to linux. And so far it’s working for them.
If there ever was a time that making a native linux game was a good move, it’s now.
A Guild Wars 2 native client would be a huge success and, although i’m no programmer, i can’t think of any reasons why it’s so hard to assign a team to develop a linux client.

I mean, it’s an MMO, most of the game is on the server, the client is just a means to interface with the server.

And the server is probably running Linux… :P

Ravos Xar, Ash Legion Charr Mesmer

A client for Linux

in Suggestions

Posted by: Harvest.2506

Harvest.2506

I doubt we shall hear of anything about linux support while GW2 still has its focus on content for us and on its release in China.

On the Steam side of things. they still haven’t launched their boxes, yet. Even though most elightened people with an extra computer lying around can just install ubuntu with steam on it and hook it up to their TV.

Those two things aside, I wouldn’t worry about the “If” so much as the “When”. its going to happen. GW1 is already on Steam, and all of gw2 can already be play on a controller. So historically and right now the pieces are in place. There’s just really no need to rush when there are priorities to take care of by booth steam and Anet before this will take off.

(edited by Harvest.2506)

A client for Linux

in Suggestions

Posted by: Depths.4051

Depths.4051

+1
Has my support, would love to see.

A client for Linux

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lorelei.7809

Lorelei.7809

My issue is basically this: They have a “Mac client” aka effectively a wine-wrapper, so why can’t they do that for Linux? I don’t really care if they offer technical support, but at least acknowledge us like they do Mac people. And if they worked with a group like they did with Mac, then it should run better on Linux.

A client for Linux

in Suggestions

Posted by: Alent.4780

Alent.4780

Honestly Linux support is a prerequisite for me to even consider backing game ideas on Kickstarter now. I’d very much like to leave Windows behind – I wish there was a way to show them how much interest there is in this monitarily…

A client for Linux

in Suggestions

Posted by: Iciee.3819

Iciee.3819

I’ve been running Linux as my main OS ever since valve got dota 2 running natively but back when I was just running windows GW2 was one of my favorite games so I would love to have anet make a native client. I even have windows on another disc that I can dual boot into for games that a don’t play that often and I don’t think I’ve booted into windows in a good 3 months.
All in all, it would be amazing if anet makes a linux client!

A client for Linux

in Suggestions

Posted by: octogenus.8029

octogenus.8029

+1 for native Linux client. I cant play in pvp on emulator!

A client for Linux

in Suggestions

Posted by: Silferas.3841

Silferas.3841

I’d like a native linux client as well

[Path] of the Immortals – a guild for veterans – Join us
[S]illy [L]ittle [U]gly [T]rolls – our little dungeon forum community
“My mind has left, my body follows”

A client for Linux

in Suggestions

Posted by: skullkid.6875

skullkid.6875

I would also like a Linux client for GW2.

A client for Linux

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cyto.9401

Cyto.9401

id love to be able to log in on linux every day, and since steam has plans for porting there games, gw2 really is the only game keeping me on windows..

plz linux version

A client for Linux

in Suggestions

Posted by: Famous.6403

Famous.6403

Anet please heed us fans! Linux should be one of the top priorities right now. 4A Games just released a Linux version of Metro Last Light to huge success. I personally bought that game because it was released for Linux. This is something that needs serious consideration. The Linux userbase isn’t something to be taken lightly anymore. It might be true that the overall number of users is insanely small compared to Windows or Mac however understand that just by having a Linux client you are giving that much more opportunity to win over the Linux gamers from other MMOs like WoW. I can promise it will only result in a more popular game with an increased fanbase.

A client for Linux

in Suggestions

Posted by: zlatna bosna.4178

zlatna bosna.4178

Arenanet really needs to do this. It’s not like it would be hard, and you would have a lot of people that would probably be willing to help out if any issues arise. You already have an OSX platform which uses Open GL like Linux. I’m tired of having to play on an emulator and would like to play on a native client. Valve has already made the move to the future.

A client for Linux

in Suggestions

Posted by: dtzy.5901

dtzy.5901

Linux client please.

BG~

A client for Linux

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tavis.4860

Tavis.4860

+1 for the native linux client!!

A client for Linux

in Suggestions

Posted by: Skamlic.8041

Skamlic.8041

It would be really awesome to play GW2 on Steam Machine with Steam controller, but this will never happen.

A client for Linux

in Suggestions

Posted by: Blaquesmith.5423

Blaquesmith.5423

Copying here my question from another thread (the search didn’t work and I didn’t see this one):

With Valve pushing hard for Linux gaming, and DOTA having a client in Linux, I think a Native Linux Client for Guild Wars 2 could be a big thing.
You already have a client for Mac, if that’s worth doing, why not for Linux?
A client that could run natively in my Ubuntu rig would be awesome. It’s true that the WinE guys have been able to make it run under Linux, but you need the compatibility layer and even when the result is playable, there are a certain number of issues with WinE (no support for multithreading, which leads to abnormally low FPS sometimes, is the most annoying one).
Everytime a linux gamer has to run WinE for playing, Grenth kills a baby Quaggan. And if he has to keep a dual boot with Windows, Grenth kills two baby quaggans each time he switches OS. Think of the little baby quaggans!