Combat UI improvements

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Definetly would fix the whole “moving my wrists across my mouse pad just because I’m trying to land this back stab” problem

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sieghart.5870

Sieghart.5870

Finally we can use this without the fear of a ban thx anet for allowing it u saved alot of pain for alot of people with wrist problems

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: Liurn.7542

Liurn.7542

It would be a great improvement to the game to include this mod as an official built-in option for the game. I hope Anet devs are looking into this one seriously.

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jiraiyankee.3157

Jiraiyankee.3157

Did they allowed the use of CM?
If not, pliz Anet Allow this option!!!!
+1

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: unexiist.8167

unexiist.8167

Either implement it or whitelist the original, don’t be a stick in the mud Anet.

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaubs.1829

Kaubs.1829

This Mod is pretty much THE reason I was drawn to TERA. The combat system could benefit greatly with this improvement/option. I think it would draw in many more players.

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: amax.8034

amax.8034

logged in just to show my support for this feature, actually I was thinking of giving Tera a try aswell, just to see the combat, but seeing this video/mod made me reconsider, can’t wait to see it ingame, since Anet will most likely implement it, based on the amount of attention it got.

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: Miseris.7498

Miseris.7498

This mod actually makes combat a lot like TERA, especially if you bind M1, M2, and mousewheel to keys (which btw totally needs to be added to GW2); it’s so much easier to circle around a monster as melee and avoid their big attacks.

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ron Cordova.9824

Ron Cordova.9824

+1 on “implement asap Anet please please please”

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

At first I though, “Meh, this won’t be too whatever of a thread”, but then, cruising around a bit and watching the video, that mod, or a similar implementation of it, would make combat like another game I recently played, the never mentioned DDO, or Dungeons and Dragons Online. This game has been awarded “Best combat in an MMO”, and to be honest, it’s fantastic. That mod, from what it looks like, nigh exactly mimics it, the only difference being the Shift key doesn’t block attacks (The blocking only adds ~1 number to the blocking and damage reduction values unless built for tanking, which could be roughly equated to something like, 5% reduction. Anet could implement it in a way that roughly mimics the effects, and could then give every class an active damage reduction (or block, or make something work. Also in DDO, attacking while blocking performed a shield bash)).

tl:dr, +1, implement the mod, either support or Anet’s own version that does exactly this, optional of course

Fishsticks

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wurmwood.4651

Wurmwood.4651

I am behind this. I tried it for an afternoon and my play style greatly improved over how I was playing before. My survivability went up about 50% because I was able to concentrate on keeping my target locked, not mashing buttons. It also added more immersion to the game (in my opinion) being that I could actually do combos easier and heal other players faster. Heck, I would PAY for this mode. 500 diamonds, boom.

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rage The Numbers.7943

Rage The Numbers.7943

Rage The Nornynorn – Guild Leader [RR] Reddit Refugees
Sanctum of Rall
http://www.reddit.com/r/Reddit_Refugees – Visit the site for Recruitment!

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jay.9407

Jay.9407

OHh WOW! That sound like Arena net is actually looking into this. Thank you Rage The Numbers.7943 for posting this link I will uninstall the Combat Mod right away so I don’t get blocked, even though its crazy awesome feels just like skyrim.

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: jeremo.2491

jeremo.2491

I fully support this type of implementation. My wife hates having having to move her mouse where she wants the aoe’s to be targeted, and half the time, it puts the dang aoe behind the mob instead of on it. Oooh she would love this

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Jay.9407

I fully support this type of implementation. My wife hates having having to move her mouse where she wants the aoe’s to be targeted, and half the time, it puts the dang aoe behind the mob instead of on it. Oooh she would love this

Dude I totally agree with you bro, except its my brother who is complaining about the mouse controls, he is used to real RPGs like Skyrim and would like to see something like that in game. to make GW2 a real MMORPG it needs to have the Combat mode feature.

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: Esorono.1039

Esorono.1039

Aw, it’s not allowed. I was on the fence about trying this, now I know I can’t. Arena-Net for all that is good, if you aren’t going to allow this make it yourself!

Playable Tengu please!

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: Brokunn.2801

Brokunn.2801

+1

As it stands GW2 combat mechanic continues to feel a little cumbersome/dated. There are so many games out there that have done this right, it really surprised me when GW2 came out and it felt so similar to GW1.

Please give us some more combat options! =)

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Jay.9407

This forum needs to stay alive until a GM shuts it down or until GW2 makes combat mode!

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hieronumous.3541

Hieronumous.3541

Aw, it’s not allowed. I was on the fence about trying this, now I know I can’t. Arena-Net for all that is good, if you aren’t going to allow this make it yourself!

CMs can regurgitate ToS and EULA. But they aren’t the final arbiter (I will never understand how someone thinks a forum mod is going to ban you in the game.)
Read Gaile’s response.

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Esorono.1039

CMs can regurgitate ToS and EULA. But they aren’t the final arbiter (I will never understand how someone thinks a forum mod is going to ban you in the game.)
Read Gaile’s response.

Yes, but Gaile was beating around the bush, and only confirmed Texmods are allowed. And the yellow circle may be considered an advantage over players who cannot see where their GTAoE will land when right clicking. So it’s already on shaky ground, then this one flat out said it isn’t allowed.

Playable Tengu please!

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: FourTwo.7613

FourTwo.7613

any news on this yet? I could have sworn I saw a post by a CM on the 21st of sept saying that he’ll forward this to the team.

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: AbduktedTemplar.9453

AbduktedTemplar.9453

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Will-I-get-banned-for-using-Combat-Mode-1-0/first#post234824

CC Charles says no but we should keep this thread going so they’ll eventually implement something similar.

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: wharone.1809

wharone.1809

Cripes, now I’m really confused. I just really hope we’ll get an official version of something close to this in the near future, because this whole holding-right-click while flailing on my keyboard is really taking a toll. Just for reference, what is Gaile’s response? I kind of missed out on it.

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Esorono.1039

Cripes, now I’m really confused. I just really hope we’ll get an official version of something close to this in the near future, because this whole holding-right-click while flailing on my keyboard is really taking a toll. Just for reference, what is Gaile’s response? I kind of missed out on it.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/10a0qk/official_response_clarifying_the_stance_on_mods/ It’s alright, here’s the link. And trust me we are all hoping too, playing too much GW2 can be dangerous to the hand.

Playable Tengu please!

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: Antrasith.2187

Antrasith.2187

Kitten, was kinda getting my hopes up with this thread and coming to the last page, I see that it’s not allowed.. It’s a shame, this could make GW2 the best game I’ve ever played..

I loved Tera for this combat system and I love GWII for the surroundings, storylines, … …

Please implement this in game, or hire the maker of the mod to do it for you asap!

The Wheel turns as the Wheel Wills

(edited by Antrasith.2187)

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Antrasith.2187

Strange that Arena-net hasn’t commented on this though..

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Ron Cordova.9824

They seem to be quiet about controversial things when they’re prepping to roll-out a big answer to everyone’s complaints. Example being the necromancer getting a boatload of bug fixes after seemingly being “ignored” in their forum. I know they still need some work but it’s nice of them to get some love, maybe Combat Mode will get the same

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: Boogiepop Void.6473

Boogiepop Void.6473

P)lease add this. This was the first option I looked for in game when I started playing, and I couldn’t believe it wasn’t here.

As a note this should adapt your direction for movement skills automatically (my double dagger ele moves around a lot).

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vigilence.4902

Vigilence.4902

Please add.

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

FourTwo.7613

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: Perektus.6501

Perektus.6501

Why not add this great mod to GW2 as part of the game itself?
- it could enchant combat experience even better.
- it could same time add controller support.
- it could end holding right mouse button all the time.
- it just feels better.
I hope some day we have it as part of GW2.

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Hieronumous.3541

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: ryansparx.9302

ryansparx.9302

I would really like to try a system like this out, it seems really fun and has great spiritual synergy with the direction that ArenaNet has gone with GW2’s combat mechanics, rather than the archaic point n’ click and tab cycling of traditional targeting.

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

FourTwo.7613

Already did before posting that, if you read the quote I posted it referred to the generic reply being superseded by the Gray reply, the Gray reply being promising.

As I’ve said before I really want this to be a acknowledged officially one way or the other.

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

FourTwo.7613

In fact the mechanics of this is already in the game as some people have pointed out. Simply turn on auto targetting, hold down the right mouse button down, look towards a mob and attack, the only thing that this combat mode really brings is a toggle, which is very helpful for people who get wrist pains.

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chrispytoast.3698

Chrispytoast.3698

I don’t know why they banned this, All the items are in place and it adds a reticle to show you where you are looking… Game Breaking clearly… this needs to be implemented by AN so that people can stop using the mod and just play the game. If there is something that your player base wants in the game so much that it is one of the most replied topics in your suggestion forum you should listen.

Edit: Did some reading and saw that Combat Mode is not banned it is just not officially supported. This I am ok with.

Save the orphans of Divinity’s Reach
Send Gold to: Chrispytoast

(edited by Chrispytoast.3698)

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Hieronumous.3541

I don’t know why they banned this, All the items are in place and it adds a reticle to show you where you are looking… Game Breaking clearly… this needs to be implemented by AN so that people can stop using the mod and just play the game. If there is something that your player base wants in the game so much that it is one of the most replied topics in your suggestion forum you should listen.

They didn’t ban akittenthing.

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chrispytoast.3698

Chrispytoast.3698

They didn’t ban akittenthing.

Didn’t even see this post before I edited mine.

CM is not banned just not sanctioned by ArenaNet – If it causes problems its your fault not theirs. I’m ok with this but would still like to see it implemented by them.

Save the orphans of Divinity’s Reach
Send Gold to: Chrispytoast

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Jay.9407

Any news about this idea coming to guild wars 2?

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hish.3547

Hish.3547

This need to be implemented asap! This completely transforms the game and should have been in the game in the first place.

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: freshfish.2195

freshfish.2195

wow this mod is what I’ve been looking for… hope it gets implemented as an option to the game… I don’t want to get banned for using 3rd party programs… but wow awesome mod!!!!

(edited by freshfish.2195)

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: pregnable.1954

pregnable.1954

Before I played the game, I seriously thought that THESE were the controls the game already had. These combat action controls have already existed in other games, for a while now, and are quite popular.

When I found out that the game did not have these controls, in the BWE’s, I and many others went to the suggestion forum, and requested them. Nothing happened….

Now that this mod exists, and they can clearly see what we were asking for, I figure they will put these controls into the game, as an option.

They need to understand that these controls would likely bring more players into their game, and might have been the reason that others did not buy the game. I base this on actual people that I know.

I still play the game a lot. I just try not to hold the right mouse button a lot, and avoid spvp, because there is no point for me with default controls. I like the game, but just /sigh and how good it could be, with these control options.

So I am going to have faith and believe that they will try the mod, like the controls and put them into the game.

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: DougM.2305

DougM.2305

This would be a great option, and it shouldn’t be too difficult to put into the game itself. Just from watching the video, it seems like it would make combat much more natural and fluid. I really hope Arena.net includes this.

Hit me. I dare you.

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amun.8057

Amun.8057

I’ve been playing mmorpgs for about 10 years now, and i’ve got to say the controls are getting old, the addition on dodge is great but it’s not quite enough, i was wondering what was keeping me from enjoying this game more than i already do, to play it more, and i think this is THE feature to bring back some players that left, (6 of my friends already did) and some new players as well;
We were talking about this mod last night and we’re hoping ArenaNet takes a good look at this mod to allow it, or to implement the feature on the game, its an awesome game don’t get me wrong, but it has room for improvement.

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Ron Cordova.9824

So since this has fallen off the front page and stopped accumulating replies, it probably won’t ever get official ANet comment about implementing it without using AHK eh?

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fruppi.7516

Fruppi.7516

Let’s hope they have seen it and are putting it on the table to discuss and hopefully implement. /fingers and toes crossed.

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Esorono.1039

So since this has fallen off the front page and stopped accumulating replies, it probably won’t ever get official ANet comment about implementing it without using AHK eh?

No, this thread still has life to it, and it is the most popular thread in the forums. That I know of that is.

Playable Tengu please!

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: Skelly.1896

Skelly.1896

Keeping this alive. Please show more support people! My middle finger will would love to have this implemented so it doesn’t have to hold right click all the time!

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: Boogiepop Void.6473

Boogiepop Void.6473

This needs to be implemented. It makes so much more sense than the current control scheme.

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Antrasith.2187

Going out from the posts on reddit, I think what is being said by GM’s, is in the grey zone (they won’t give a specific answer if if’s allowed or not), for the following reasons:

The use of CM in itself, is not going to be banned, since it doesn’t play any part of the game for you, it’s just a fancy type of “tape down your right mouse button”, you still have to do every single action yourself

BUT,

They want to keep the option for banning people open, just in case the CM is ‘exploited’. e.g. Tweaks being made to CM, to let 1 button press, play the game for you, aka : botting etc

If they publicly stated the use of CM is allowed and somebody finds a way to exploit the system, they don’t have a foot to stand on, so they’re not able to ban that specific person. That’s why their answer is in the grey zone imo.
If it was NOT allowed, they would have made a statement, saying specifically that.

This is just my opinion though