Factor aggro into loot worthiness

in Suggestions

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

Sometimes a monster will just pick on one person, and because of this, that person is busy healing, dodging and defending (or even being downed) while others are doing damage. That means the one taking the heat is least likely to do enough damage to merit loot.

The way I see it, that player is taking one for the team, and should have just as much chance for loot as the others who weren’t hit once.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Reverielle.3972

Reverielle.3972

Is the chance for loot dropping based solely on damage? Is there any official statement from Anet saying as such? There well might be I just haven’t seen it. If there is, a link would be lovely.

If it is based solely on damage, well yes, I think it should be tweaked a little better.

in Suggestions

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

IIRC, there is a damage threshold for when you get drops.

You could see this in Orr events where people would scramble to be the first to do AOE damage so they got drops from the mob waves.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

Healing and buffing would also be good to factor in, though probably harder.

in Suggestions

Posted by: morrigana sedai.2091

morrigana sedai.2091

tbh if the mobs keeps follow you you have highest agro, and as far i know they use the agro system for loot, at leas they use if for rewards on events

in Suggestions

Posted by: Reverielle.3972

Reverielle.3972

tbh if the mobs keeps follow you you have highest agro, and as far i know they use the agro system for loot, at leas they use if for rewards on events

I know there’s a lot of speculation about, but I haven’t seen any actual official proof of such, or any other loot mechanic in-game.