~HUGE LIST of improvements~

in Suggestions

Posted by: Azulia.1745

Azulia.1745

Would also like in guild tab to know what percentage of time a guild member is representing our guild, to reward loyalty.

~Azabella~DragonBrand- Ministry of the Crescent Moon-
http://crescentmoondragonbrand.guildlaunch.com

in Suggestions

Azulia.1745

to add another thing, please stop mail message suppression.
At least take it off for guild member to guild member mail.
I tried to send candy to many guild members for halloween and after sending 3 sent mails, i get: “Your message was suppressed due to excessive messaging”
Don’t punish the player for gold spammers, this is a huge inconvenience for players.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

*poke
*kiss
*slap
*facepalm

where are you going with all that?

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shadowdeath.1690

Shadowdeath.1690

You mentioned switching party leaders, GW2 doesnt really have a “leader” in a party, and I vote it stays that way. Keeps everyone in the group feeling equal and minimizes drama.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Colonel Kernel.7506

Colonel Kernel.7506

-PLEASE PLEASE a follow option

Will facilitate botting (multi-boxing) so this would be a bad idea.

If you think this will promote botting you have no idea how botting works

Were I so inclined I could make a bot or multibox just fine w/o a Follow command.

I am not so inclined, just to be clear on this.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fred Fargone.3127

Fred Fargone.3127

Hmm, good suggestions, but I’ll pick a few I’d rather not have:

-Log in/off indications in guild chat for guild members. Large guild => impossible to follow the guildchat. Besides, if they don’t log in and say “hi” they probably didn’t want to talk with the guild anyways.

-Last log in time for guild members in roster. This has been suggested already, it kinda was in one of the BWE’s (for friendlist) and frankly, it causes same sort of alienation as inspect gear does, just at more permanent level. (In GW1, I got kicked every time I had a summer vacation, even if I was active 300 days a year, just because some officer didn’t get the vacation notification.)
I get it would be good for guild leaders tho, and if it is to be added, only guild leader should see the last log in tab.

-List of other guilds your members are representing. No. You need that information for… Nothing. And frankly, thats just invading your members privacy.

-Transfer Leadership option. Wait, we didn’t have party leaders in the first place? Anyone can invite, any two can kick.

-More party. You can already have 15 players for events and such in one squad.

-Be able to inspect. No. Much for the same reasons as stated before in this thread.

-Ability to change appearance. You can, just use gems.

-Inspect players excluding those who don’t want to. Doesn’t help at all, it’s still inspect player, and if its possible, it will be made requirement for dungeons.

-Ability to wear a title. You can wear a title, but the other player needs to click your character and check your name to see it. I’d love to make titles more visible tho.

-Target assist window. No. This falls into same category as player inspect, only with a slight delay. You can already call targets anyways.

People who can argue often offer a good and meaningful conversation about the subject.
People who can’t tend to call the opponent troll, scream something utterly incomprehensible
and finally result to personal insults.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raging Bull.5048

Raging Bull.5048

Guild Wars 2 is DIFFERENT!

Next patch notes – you have to use the keyboard with your nose and play with one eye closed, hands behind your back while balancing on your left leg only. If you like it any different, go back to WoW.

Viva la revolution!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raging Bull.5048

Raging Bull.5048

I agree with all of this.

To DAVIDGX,

I don’t know what hole you play in but I am concerned as to why you think inspecting a player to see gear (instead of asking them to link you their gear, getting trolled or bashed for asking or possibly speaking to an afk player) would be abused. I CANNOT WAIT to abuse the INSPECT OPTION! I am going to inspect the kitten out of everyone!

/follow? Botting happens regardless. It will be handled the same way current botters are and without hitting mobs, you gain nothing. You can already go and sit down in a defensive event to get points. Your issue with /follow is dumb.

Dueling? DUELING. He didn’t ask for an SPVP tournament for players who want to 1v1. He asked for a dueling option. Meaning, I come up to you, right click your name and hit duel. If you accept it, I would crush you and the duel would then be over. They don’t balance around duels, just like you could always hit **********no**********.

Some of the suggestions on these forums are otherwordly and amazing. Some of them are kitten poor. The same goes for the responses by what seems to be trolls or players who speak without logic/intelligence.

Please, be gentle with the fragile GW2 community. They are so very sensitive and emotional about anything and everything, so many things insult them and so many things they find abusing. GW2 is like a rehab-program for emotionally endangered folks.

in Suggestions

Azulia.1745

I agree with all of this.

To DAVIDGX,

I don’t know what hole you play in but I am concerned as to why you think inspecting a player to see gear (instead of asking them to link you their gear, getting trolled or bashed for asking or possibly speaking to an afk player) would be abused. I CANNOT WAIT to abuse the INSPECT OPTION! I am going to inspect the kitten out of everyone!

/follow? Botting happens regardless. It will be handled the same way current botters are and without hitting mobs, you gain nothing. You can already go and sit down in a defensive event to get points. Your issue with /follow is dumb.

Dueling? DUELING. He didn’t ask for an SPVP tournament for players who want to 1v1. He asked for a dueling option. Meaning, I come up to you, right click your name and hit duel. If you accept it, I would crush you and the duel would then be over. They don’t balance around duels, just like you could always hit **********no**********.

Some of the suggestions on these forums are otherwordly and amazing. Some of them are kitten poor. The same goes for the responses by what seems to be trolls or players who speak without logic/intelligence.

Please, be gentle with the fragile GW2 community. They are so very sensitive and emotional about anything and everything, so many things insult them and so many things they find abusing. GW2 is like a rehab-program for emotionally endangered folks.

agreed!
and I am not a “HE”!
:)

in Suggestions

Posted by: jayvux.4128

jayvux.4128

Would love fishing to be implemented.
Mining/chopping/gathering leveling.
Skill Capturing like GW1.
Factions.
Better designs and physique for Medium armors pls. /desperate.
Climbing ladders hehe.
More contents on less populated areas or merge servers to fix that.
Character re-customization like GW1 (face, hair, body)
etc.

More of my 2cp: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Bible-of-suggestions-for-Guild-Wars-2-s-lack-of-longevity/first#post551225

GM of Leaders [LEAD]
Server: Darkhaven (fb.com/groups/guildwars2darkhaven)
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheJayvux

in Suggestions

Posted by: Venirto.4208

Venirto.4208

Hmm, what about…

- Item identification, I miss it.
- More emotes
- Lower costs for waypoints, 4-5s per teleport is a bit too much, even for lv80.
- Preview for trading post
- SLOTS FOR RARE CRAFTING MATERIALS (!), I want to deposit ectoplasma like any other crafting material, same for lodestones.
- Larger party for WvWvW (or upgrade/fix the commader squad)
- 1v1 (duel)
- Ability to re-customize your character
- More armors/itmes for karma points
- FIXED ICONS FOR MOST ITEMS! (srsly, this is horribly messed up)
- More PvE content (like racing on doylaks or arena survival, this would be fun)
- More PvP content (capture the flag or fight only with random picked-up weapons)
- Upgraded underwater stuff, e.g. more underwater events or even a full dungeon
- Bonuses from mini-pets, e.g. Spark gives +1% crit dmg.
- More “back” equipement, backpacks, flags, cloaks etc.
- Harder battles with dragons (battle with Claw is fine, but Shatterer is just too easy…)
- Better personal rewards from WvW, e.g. more stuff to buy for honor badges.
- Moveable WvW machines. They have wheels, right?
- Improved content for factions/orders, e.g. special quests only for Whispers members.
- More statistics (how much Magic Find bonus do I have from my armor now?)
- Quaggans as a playable race.

in Suggestions

Posted by: YumCHA.8706

YumCHA.8706

Notos

ArenaNet can always take the stance Blizzard took on Duels (and WPVP), that is: PVP is not balanced on 1v1 stop crying and go do some arenas with a friend

DavidGX

And you think the community will just be okay with a (potentially, terribly) unbalanced dueling feature? They’ll add it and the community will just go “gee, we asked for it, it’s unbalanced but golly that’s okay.” and peace will flourish throughout the game/forums? Let’s not kid ourselves. It’ll be b***hing till the end of time if they don’t fix it, effects throughout the entire game if they do. Neither is worth it, imo, for this feature.

Depends how you look at it. 1v1 Dueling in guild wars is not such a bad idea. It’s a good way to test the professions skills and abilities against other professions. Whether people want to be competitive about it is in my opinion abit silly, because well the main PvP aspect of this game is zerging and ganks. I don’t see how this can be less competitive than 1v1 dueling, since group PvP requires more teamwork and co-ordination, meaning more skill involved.

In my opinion, dueling is a means to test your skills and abilities and to see what strengths and weaknesses your profession has against other classes.

Not as a way to be competitive. That’s what sPvP and WorldvWorldvWorld is for.

So really Guild Wars has done much already in the competitive aspect of PvP. A slight implementation of Duels would have little to no affect on the gameplay. Atleast that’s what I think. I’ve seen much egotistical behaviours in many mmo’s that feature a dueling system, and the way they act towards it in a competitive manner is just childish. All you get from duels is a measly +1 in pride. That’s it.

Better to use it for something more reasonable such as testing your skills and abilities agains’t foes you find difficult to fight with.

One thing that I might add to the OP’s list if Duels were to be placed in Guild Wars 2, is to create an Arena in each city as a secluded place for Dueling. How big of an area it needs to be, that’s up to Anet.

Rangetastic, 80 Ranger | Archers United [ARC]
Sea of Sorrows

(edited by YumCHA.8706)

in Suggestions

Posted by: DownPour.5903

DownPour.5903

@ Inspect option

No ty.
It only leads to less friendly game enviroment..

Desolation

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dzonatan.5327

Dzonatan.5327

Gear of the same level and rarity mostly have the same sum of stats to go around, but how they’re spread out can and does differ. And even though stats aren’t the end all and be all like they are in other MMO’s, an inspect function that shows stats will still be used to alienate other players because they’re gear isn’t the highest possible, the stat allocation isn’t min/max ideal, and just generally be used to prevent “undergeared” players from running dungeons.

Quity frankly… if someone wants to allianate you then the worst thing you could possibly to at this point is forced co-existance. You dont want to force yourself to hang out with people you dont like or cant stand IRL right? Why should it be forced in MMOs?

People have the right to segregate each other apart however they see fit. You can question the reasons but you cant question that act.

It’s bad enough that some people are requiring certain classes/builds to run dungeons (along with linking X number of tokens), giving such players the ability to further act as elitists will very likely turn ugly. People will be turned down for dungeons — both story and explorable modes — just because they have a piece or two of green or blue gear, something isn’t max level, or they have a piece of gear with +magic find, among other things.

Let people sort themselves out. Who are you to decide whether this is right or wrong. If you dont like current group demands then simply make… your… own. Problem solved.

Besides, skill tends to be the deciding factor, not gear (within reason, of course). Gear isn’t indicative of skill so good players who don’t have perfect gear may very well be kicked out of dungeons, be blamed for someone else not carrying their weight, and have a hard time just finding a dungeon group in general.

Those kind of players will band with their own kind. Problem solved.

An inspect button that doesn’t show stats is fine, but once you create a tool that lets players take an intrusive look at others and discriminate at will with the knowledge that gives them, it will be abused.

There’s no carved in the stone definition on what inspect “proper” use is. At best Anet can give a guide line on what they expect players to do with a new piece of UI but that ultimately falls to their disgression.

If people want to segregate each other, let them segregate then.

Guild Wars 2 is DIFFERENT!

That doesnt matter one kitten if it doesnt meets your costomer’s criteria.

(edited by Dzonatan.5327)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Genreninja.8516

Genreninja.8516

Although I agree with many of these features, and wish they were implemented.

I don’t think it’s ever an acceptable reason to say “Because other games have it.” Just my thought.

in Suggestions

Azulia.1745

I don’t think it’s ever an acceptable reason to say “Because other games have it.” Just my thought.

General functions to running a guild, should be implemented.
How can you promote a guild community, when major tools are lacking?
it’s 2012, some of this stuff is pretty standard for all games.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

-Inspect players

Terrible idea, will be abused. If you want to know what gear someone has, ask them.

-PLEASE PLEASE a follow option

Will facilitate botting (multi-boxing) so this would be a bad idea.

-Duels

Will be highly unbalanced, people will complain about it endlessly. If the balance for 1v1 combat is addressed it could dramatically alter the balance of the entire game.

Everything else sounds good, though.

ANet has already stated they are working on adding 1v1 Skirmish PvP. And it would work fine as every class can spec in to every roll. I agree on the rest though.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

General functions to running a guild, should be implemented.
How can you promote a guild community, when major tools are lacking?
it’s 2012, some of this stuff is pretty standard for all games.

I guess that turns into nitpicking on both sides now, you wouldn’t say a car needs wheels because other cars have them, it needs them because it wouldn’t be a car otherwise. Let’s just say some of these features are definitely missing, even if GW2 was the first MMO ever. Sometimes you wonder if ANet didn’t learn from GW1.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

in Suggestions

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

nice adds, especially the guild’s related….

in Suggestions

Azulia.1745

Love the game, really would like to see them implement some guild improvements. I see many many many threads for people looking for guilds and people constantly recruiting because members leave. I wonder how much of this may be indirectly be that a guild leader cannot efficiently run a guild without some of these options. Maybe not many, but I feel like trying to run our guild is constant maintenance of checks and balances and tools outside game to help and even keeping my own records without in game options to make it run effectively.
We literally ask members constantly to go to our forums because there is no way to smoothly pass on information to all guild members (via in game mail) at once.

in Suggestions

Posted by: curtegg.5216

curtegg.5216

I like all of these suggestions!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lysserd.4618

Lysserd.4618

So why not have an inspect feature that just shows the name of the item and not its stats at all? If I see somebody in cool gear, I just wanna check out what it is so I can try to find it myself. I don’t want to bother them with a conversation for the same result. They have the option not to respond, they could just not notice, or they could be sick of explaining it.

Also, an item’s name has no correlation to its stats in this game. So I don’t see how that kind of inspect feature could be abused.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Asklepious.6014

Asklepious.6014

A guild member last logged on is greatly needed. My guild has to keep an excel spreadsheet of the people to clean out people who don’t get on anymore and having 400 members it is not an easy task. It is actually something that I think is needed rather soon!

Donn Asklepious – Necromancer
Guild Leader: Get of Fenris [GoF] of Blackgate
http://www.getoffenris.com

in Suggestions

Posted by: DavidGX.1723

DavidGX.1723

So why not have an inspect feature that just shows the name of the item and not its stats at all? If I see somebody in cool gear, I just wanna check out what it is so I can try to find it myself. I don’t want to bother them with a conversation for the same result. They have the option not to respond, they could just not notice, or they could be sick of explaining it.

Also, an item’s name has no correlation to its stats in this game. So I don’t see how that kind of inspect feature could be abused.

It’s not needed. If you want to see someone’s gear… look at them, take a screenshot or three if you want to admire it later. If you want to know what gear they have, ask. Inspecting that DOESN’T show stats is the same as what I just suggested, so you don’t need it. Inspecting that DOES show stats will be horribly abused and is DEFINITELY not needed.

in Suggestions

Lysserd.4618

It’s not needed. If you want to see someone’s gear… look at them, take a screenshot or three if you want to admire it later. If you want to know what gear they have, ask. Inspecting that DOESN’T show stats is the same as what I just suggested, so you don’t need it. Inspecting that DOES show stats will be horribly abused and is DEFINITELY not needed.

Inspecting that doesn’t show stats gives me item names. Names give me google. Google gives me locations. This saves making the other person explain what it is, where it’s from, and how to get it. I’ll say it again: They have the option not to respond, they could just not notice, or they could be sick of explaining it. If I ask and they say nothing, then am I just supposed to take a screen cap and post it on the forums hoping someone knows? Sounds kind of unnecessary.

in Suggestions

DavidGX.1723

Inspecting that doesn’t show stats gives me item names. Names give me google. Google gives me locations. This saves making the other person explain what it is, where it’s from, and how to get it. I’ll say it again: They have the option not to respond, they could just not notice, or they could be sick of explaining it. If I ask and they say nothing, then am I just supposed to take a screen cap and post it on the forums hoping someone knows? Sounds kind of unnecessary.

If someone doesn’t want to tell you what their gear is or is afk, then ask someone else. What’s unnecessary is adding a feature that would only serve to further elitism and serves no other purpose, you already have the ability to find out what gear is what and where to get it.

in Suggestions

Lysserd.4618

What sounds easier to you? Asking a person about their gear, maybe getting and answer, asking other people if they saw him/provide a screencap, and again maybe getting an answer. Or right-click, inspect, oh that’s what it is. Google. Extensive information on said item. It’s a quality of life feature, and in no way needed immediately, but still needed. Also, how does it further elitism just to find out a gear’s name?

in Suggestions

DavidGX.1723

What sounds easier to you? Asking a person about their gear, maybe getting and answer, asking other people if they saw him/provide a screencap, and again maybe getting an answer. Or right-click, inspect, oh that’s what it is. Google. Extensive information on said item. It’s a quality of life feature, and in no way needed immediately, but still needed. Also, how does it further elitism just to find out a gear’s name?

If someone doesn’t want to tell you what their gear is, you just have to accept that and find out another way. There’s absolutely no reason to be able to search people without their consent, especially since it offers you nothing you don’t have already. I can find out what ANY piece of gear is and where to get it in seconds, I have the official /wiki and google. /inspect is not needed and would only hurt the game, just like it did in WoW.

in Suggestions

Lysserd.4618

If someone doesn’t want to tell you what their gear is, you just have to accept that and find out another way. There’s absolutely no reason to be able to search people without their consent, especially since it offers you nothing you don’t have already. I can find out what ANY piece of gear is and where to get it in seconds, I have the official /wiki and google. /inspect is not needed and would only hurt the game, just like it did in WoW.

It hurt WoW because of the ability to inspect stats. In GW2 stats have no connection to what your gear’s name is. Please tell me how you are able to, in seconds, find out what a piece of gear is from looks alone.

in Suggestions

DavidGX.1723

It hurt WoW because of the ability to inspect stats. In GW2 stats have no connection to what your gear’s name is. Please tell me how you are able to, in seconds, find out what a piece of gear is from looks alone.

Like I said, there’s no good reason for you to be able to inspect others without their consent, especially if it offers you nothing you don’t have already, which is the ability to ask them or find out via the internet. If appeance-only inspecting as added, just like people are making noise about that now, they’ll start making noise about adding stats to the inspect window. This game doesn’t need that kind of garbage. It’s far too good to be ruined like WoW was.

in Suggestions

Azulia.1745

Ummmm, did someone not read way way way above where it was written that in other games (LOTRO) there is an “Anonymous” option on character panel where you can toggle it where no one can inspect you, and if you wish to toggle it off for a friend to inspect your gear you can uncheck this option, takes all of 2 secs.

After the friend or guild member is done inspecting you (possibly to see if they can make you any better gear) you can very easily, check “Anonymous” again so no one can see your gear at all.

WHY IS THAT SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND?

If a person doesn’t want to be inspected no one can, if they WANT to allow someone to inspect them, SO be it, it can be done!

Variety and options is the spice of life! Then you can please people who want it and people who don’t.
Simple. Not rocket science.

in Suggestions

Azulia.1745

Please fix message suppression within guild mail. As a co-leader I cannot effectively send out guild special event announcements when GW2 does noe offer a guild mail option, I have to paste info in a mail to each guild member. After 2 mails sent the message suppression kicks in and makes me wait 2 mins between mail. If I have to send out 80 mails..
this equals about an hour and a half just trying to communicate with all guild members on a guild event be sending each member a inner game mail.

PLEASE have guild mail option available to be sent by officers and leaders. Thanks!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

Ummmm, did someone not read way way way above where it was written that in other games (LOTRO) there is an “Anonymous” option on character panel where you can toggle it where no one can inspect you, and if you wish to toggle it off for a friend to inspect your gear you can uncheck this option, takes all of 2 secs.

After the friend or guild member is done inspecting you (possibly to see if they can make you any better gear) you can very easily, check “Anonymous” again so no one can see your gear at all.

WHY IS THAT SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND?

If a person doesn’t want to be inspected no one can, if they WANT to allow someone to inspect them, SO be it, it can be done!

Variety and options is the spice of life! Then you can please people who want it and people who don’t.
Simple. Not rocket science.

The thing is, that’s still going to lead to the elitist dungeon monkeys to ostracize people. Because let’s face it, not having your gear on inspect will be taken as it being poor, rather than you having any other reason for it.

And really, all the reasons I’ve seen for inspecting haven’t been convincing. See a cool piece of gear? Well nothing guarantees that the user did not use a transmutation stone, so you’re going to need to ask anyway, unless you already knew the name in the first place.

And let’s be honest, asking someone to allow you to inspect them, if you’re on their friendslist or guild is pretty much the same as outright telling them that you plan to buy them something new.

And honestly, I like working for my own gear. So quite often I would have a big portion of the materials for my next upgrade ready. Having someone dash in and give it to me wouldn’t really be a good thing. I would probably just sell the end product instead.

in Suggestions

Azulia.1745

The only reason I like inspect as an option, is because I like to ask guild members to let me see what they have equipped so I can see if I can make them anything better.

Seems like people are so hung up on what is mentioned in the post above. In one particular past game that had it, it was never a problem..

in Suggestions

Posted by: JunkyardWolf.4126

JunkyardWolf.4126

Teleporting friends by right clicking them to save them confusion and waypoint costs – this is something Second Life uses to great effect.

Second Life is not a MMORPG. Hell it’s barely even a game, let alone anything to be held up as relevant when discussing gameplay issues here (or elsewhere for that matter).

in Suggestions

Azulia.1745

Hmm, good suggestions, but I’ll pick a few I’d rather not have:

-Log in/off indications in guild chat for guild members. Large guild => impossible to follow the guildchat. Besides, if they don’t log in and say “hi” they probably didn’t want to talk with the guild anyways.

-Last log in time for guild members in roster. This has been suggested already, it kinda was in one of the BWE’s (for friendlist) and frankly, it causes same sort of alienation as inspect gear does, just at more permanent level. (In GW1, I got kicked every time I had a summer vacation, even if I was active 300 days a year, just because some officer didn’t get the vacation notification.)
I get it would be good for guild leaders tho, and if it is to be added, only guild leader should see the last log in tab.

-List of other guilds your members are representing. No. You need that information for… Nothing. And frankly, thats just invading your members privacy.

-Transfer Leadership option. Wait, we didn’t have party leaders in the first place? Anyone can invite, any two can kick.

-More party. You can already have 15 players for events and such in one squad.

-Be able to inspect. No. Much for the same reasons as stated before in this thread.

-Ability to change appearance. You can, just use gems.

-Inspect players excluding those who don’t want to. Doesn’t help at all, it’s still inspect player, and if its possible, it will be made requirement for dungeons.

-Ability to wear a title. You can wear a title, but the other player needs to click your character and check your name to see it. I’d love to make titles more visible tho.

-Target assist window. No. This falls into same category as player inspect, only with a slight delay. You can already call targets anyways.

Wow, are you a troll or just a negative Nelly?

in Suggestions

Azulia.1745

So thanks for the makeover kits ANET, but we still desperately need guild improvements.

in Suggestions

Azulia.1745

Guild Suggestions:
-Ability to send Guild Wide Mail
-Ability to send Officer Mail
-A Chat channel for Guild officers
-a Log in or log off indication in guild chat of members
-Message of the day being auto posted in guild chat upon log in.
-A last log in time for guild members in roster
-List of other guilds your members are representing or members of.

Still no change or update for some standard guild options? ANET it is frustrating trying to run a guild with no tools.

VERY frustrating.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

add healing messages and critical indications to combat log.

before everything else, fix existing features…