How Items Appear On Your Character

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tweek.5391

Tweek.5391

Here are a couple ideas me and my friends thought up, let me know if you guys think GW2 should implement it:

Idea 1, Bags: Bags should be visible on your character, just for aesthetic purposes. Have bags hang off your characters waist/arm/leg wherever.

Idea 2, Weapons: Weapons that your person has equipped, both currently and in your quick swap slots, should be visible on your character. Ex: If you person has a bow equiped, it should show the bow on the character, like it already does, but also show the other weapons, such as an axe and war-horn (If those are what is equipped).

Let me know what you guys think.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ethaine.8419

Ethaine.8419

Would look pretty sweet i must admit, having my warrior with 2 Fiery Dragon Swords and a Bow.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adrianna.3092

Adrianna.3092

i agree with the weapon part.. however.. then it leads to complicated situations.. what if they had 2 2-handed weapons? like a greatsword and a hammer… they both fit the same area.. they couldn’t possibly both show at once without being inside of each other and looking weird.

in Suggestions

Tweek.5391

i agree with the weapon part.. however.. then it leads to complicated situations.. what if they had 2 2-handed weapons? like a greatsword and a hammer… they both fit the same area.. they couldn’t possibly both show at once without being inside of each other and looking weird.

They could make it look like an X type of deal, the hammer angled one way and the sword angled the other way.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cash.2385

Cash.2385

its a cool idea

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zorby.8236

Zorby.8236

They could make it look like an X type of deal, the hammer angled one way and the sword angled the other way.

Simpler set1 like currently and set2 crossing. And for hip stowed weapons set1 could hang slightly in front of set 2.

As for the bags, aslong as the bag-thingy is an option sure! Would kind of like this on some of my characters but not so much on others.

~This is the internet, my (or your) opinion doesn’t matter~

in Suggestions

Tweek.5391

Simpler set1 like currently and set2 crossing. And for hip stowed weapons set1 could hang slightly in front of set 2.

As for the bags, aslong as the bag-thingy is an option sure! Would kind of like this on some of my characters but not so much on others.

So like have it a toggable displayable option like your gloves and helmet?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dean Calaway.9718

Dean Calaway.9718

The eternal problem is clipping.
It’s little gain for a lot of effort (you have no idea).
I would love it, always liked utility belts and bags on games (Witcher, Moded Skyrim).

Another really cool too much effort thing would be weapon sheaths.

Victoria Cross [VC] – Desolation [EU]

in Suggestions

Tweek.5391

The eternal problem is clipping.
It’s little gain for a lot of effort (you have no idea).
I would love it, always liked utility belts and bags on games (Witcher, Moded Skyrim).

Another really cool too much effort thing would be weapon sheaths.

I personally don’t think it would be too stressing to someone who is paid to know this kinda stuff, plus I don’t think we would really care too much about clipping as long as it looked right. I know I wouldn’t mind if the handles crossed a little lol.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Cool in one way, but messy in Another… Ppl carry other thing apart from their weaponsand bags that thay WANT to show… Licke nice looking armour, cool backpieces etc…

This would mean that my Charr would look like a pack mule with no less thatn 8 bags… Nah… I wouldnt toggle it on if it existed.

Kima & Co

in Suggestions

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

I’m supporting the design of multiple weapons visible.
( As there is a GS on my back while shooting with LB and vica-versa. )
It annoys me to PoofCast them… Since its not working like in DMC.

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

in Suggestions

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Weapons yah, equipment bags…. nay not really seeing much value in it, unless ANet only allows one or two bags to be shown and introduces some interesting skins. But as mentioned clipping. ANet hasn’t solved the capes clipping issue yet so adding a new weapon clipping issue…

I guess one way of doing it is to allow the players to ‘customise’ how and where the weapons are located (to a certain degree) on their character. That way the players can choice the visually best angle or placement of the weapons. So if you want your weapons (for example a greatword and hammer) X or T or II you can choose which one is the best.