How to fix Meteorlogicus for Everyone

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hamartia.3421

Hamartia.3421

Here is my sincere attempt to be constructive.

Not many people are 100% satisfied by the new Meteorlogicus. Here are some suggestions on how to make more people happy:

Awesome Job On Some Of The Changes:

-New textures look amazing

-New daytime glow looks amazing

-Day/night cycle is a cool idea

Fixes Everyone Can Agree Upon:

-The blue/purple trail should not have been removed. This trail looked amazing and needs to come right back.

-When sheathed during daytime, Meteorlogicus no longer glows, which looks atrocious. Return Meteorlogicus to full effects when sheathed. The weapon just looks like a bunch of random bits of empty metal when sheathed now, whereas before it was a beautiful, glowy scepter with a purple/blue trail. The fact that it glows when sheathed at night suggests this is just a bug.

Fixes Only Some People Want:

-About 50% of players seem to hate the new footfalls.
I think the biggest issue is that the clouds take a little too long to form, and that since the lightning is off the ground, unlike other footsteps, it is visually disorienting to have right in your face. Perhaps the clouds should appear at the same time or before the Lightning.
The black clouds also make little sense during daytime— perhaps these footsteps should only appear at night, with white clouds with no lightning during the day.

-Most players dislike Meteorlogicus turning purple at night. I am one of them.

At this point, I think Anet should do right by the community and split Meteorlogicus into two different skins via Mystic Forge Recipe.

Dark Meteorlogicus:
Current Meteorlogicus, but with all of the above changes.

Light Meteorlogicus
Removed footsteps. Removed day/night cycle. Remains blue and sunny at all times. True to the original Meteorlogicus. A perfect version of the serene, tranquil weapon that many of us worked months towards.

This would make everyone happy while giving Meteorlogicus a special, unique customization that makes it LEGENDARY for all players.
——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

Changing a weapon’s color, particularly an expensive Legendary’s, was an unprecedented move that has made a lot of people upset. It sets the dangerous standard that Anet can do anything they want to change an item that you worked hard for. This would be a good faith move that would make all current and future Meteorlogicus users happy.

Suggestion Forum Thread:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/How-to-fix-Meteorlogicus-for-Everyone/first#post2765311

(edited by Hamartia.3421)

in Suggestions

Hamartia.3421

in Suggestions

Posted by: iriyabran.6218

iriyabran.6218

And the thing that bothers me the most is on that picture.
I hate the purple but come on. If you gonna do something at least do it completely. It’s like I gave a kid to color an outline…no consistency, no sense of color matching.
Not everyone enjoys having a rainbow vomit on their weapon. There’s Bifrost for that.

Attachments:

in Suggestions

Hamartia.3421

And the thing that bothers me the most is on that picture.
I hate the purple but come on. If you gonna do something at least do it completely. It’s like I gave a kid to color an outline…no consistency, no sense of color matching.
Not everyone enjoys having a rainbow vomit on their weapon. There’s Bifrost for that.

What originally drew me to Meteorlogicus was how pristine it seemed. No gimmicks. Just a glorious weapon.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Konde.8594

Konde.8594

For some reason, a bug happened with me in LA, the merge of the old with the new Meteorlogicus, with a increased size of the glow of the old weapon. That was perfect for me.

They could just merge the new with th old.

in Suggestions

Hamartia.3421

For some reason, a bug happened with me in LA, the merge of the old with the new Meteorlogicus, with a increased size of the glow of the old weapon. That was perfect for me.

They could just merge the new with th old.

Yup, I’ve seen the bug. The trail coming back and glow when sheathed does A LOT to right the wrongs.

Although I still hate the footsteps and purple.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Annelotte.8105

Annelotte.8105

Meteorlogicus DONT NEED fix is perfect..

Daamn! that Cryers -.-

in Suggestions

Hamartia.3421

Daamn! that Cryers -.-

Do you have a Meteorlogicus?

If in the incredibly unlikely chance you say yes, are you okay with it having no glow sheathed? It looks like a banana peel with no banana.

And EVERYONE loved the tail it used to have.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

They really need to add a toggle for the footstep effect. I find it stupid as hell.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Annelotte.8105

Annelotte.8105

Daamn! that Cryers -.-

If in the incredibly unlikely chance you say yes, are you okay with it having no glow sheathed? It looks like a banana peel with no banana.

yes i have and looks awesome (for me) dont need fix if you dont like they become another legendary ^ ^

sorry for my bad english

Attachments:

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

How about they just revert changes to the old Meteor since it’s apparent everyone was satisfied with it?

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Suggestions

Posted by: Confirmed Bachelor.3508

Confirmed Bachelor.3508

How about they just revert changes to the old Meteor since it’s apparent everyone was satisfied with it?

I’m not.

I like how it is now.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hecate Antaia.5429

Hecate Antaia.5429

90 gold away from Meteorlogicus (Icy Runestones) and I hate the changes. I was looking forward to some cloud footsteps that would be clean and simple to match the elegance that this weapon once was. Now I have to see a messy, electricity everywhere that will get on my nerves. Ugh!

bumpbackbetty.blogspot.com
Transcendent Veneration – Tarnished Coast
“For the Toast!”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Izaya.2906

Izaya.2906

Footfall is buggy just like when they added footfalls for the first time to other legendaries like howler,moot etc. The clouds don’t show up noticeably and only stay on for a short time.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gburzak.7035

Gburzak.7035

Happy for everyone who spent a tone of time and money crafting a very different weapon, and is now satisfied with the new version. I am not. Give me the old one back or just take that kitten away and give me back the components, I will craft something else that I can enjoy.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Syphirr.3512

Syphirr.3512

What’s annoying is it doesn’t glow while stowed in the daytime, but for some reason it does at night. The thing I miss most though is the trail.. it was such a nice effect and one of my favourite things about it. A couple of times I’ve had some bug where the old and new versions merge with each other and I get the trail back, but it soon disappears. I’m still hoping its disappearance is a bug.

At the very least anet, please give us back the trail. Please

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vyko.6953

Vyko.6953

we need the TRAIL and the GLOWING while stowed back!

#ELEtism

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

Footfall is buggy just like when they added footfalls for the first time to other legendaries like howler,moot etc. The clouds don’t show up noticeably and only stay on for a short time.

They do blend in quite well if you’re walking over a grey/brown surface.. which is a very common colour for dirt and rocks which are like.. everywhere. ^^

in Suggestions

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

No matter what they do, there are going to be people who are not going to be happy. Personally I like the new changes.

When sheathed, I actually like that it does not glow. Makes it look so much more cool when activated.

I actually like the footfalls. The blue and purple trails I could take or leave.

So overall I am happy with the changes. No it isn’t exactly like the one I originally crafted, but I like the way it is now better.

So I would be one of the ones not very happy if they change it back.

Still I feel bad for the ones not happy about the change. The OP suggested a choice of looks for Meteorlogicus. If they give us one, I don’t believe it should be as the OP stated it should either be the old one or the new and then you are stuck with what you choose.

in Suggestions

Hamartia.3421

What’s annoying is it doesn’t glow while stowed in the daytime, but for some reason it does at night. The thing I miss most though is the trail.. it was such a nice effect and one of my favourite things about it. A couple of times I’ve had some bug where the old and new versions merge with each other and I get the trail back, but it soon disappears. I’m still hoping its disappearance is a bug.

At the very least anet, please give us back the trail. Please

This makes it seem like its probably a bug/programming issue that it isn’t active during the day.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hanako.1827

Hanako.1827

Daamn! that Cryers -.-

yes i have and looks awesome (for me) dont need fix if you dont like they become another legendary ^ ^

sorry for my bad english

Yeah it ONLY looks good on you because of your purple colour scheme. (which is nice I have to say) But i’d say over 3/4 of people with meteorlogicus think the changes at night (and the trail) are tacky, last minute, lazily done and a slap in the face for people that loved the design.

-Footsteps are pathetically low in quality in comparison to others, It looks like a backed up lightning effect you saved in your folders and waited to use for something. You could keep the lightning and cloud footstep idea and STILL make it look better than this garbage. The only reason I like it in comparison to it’s predecessor is because it’s predecessor never had any in the kitten ed first place

-Removed a trail in replacement of some shine effects.

-The Night glow is a tangy, ugly purple mist that just does not go into conjunction with the orrery beneath it. Make it a dark blue to represent the night sky and still keep colour scheme people worked hard to get… This will actually make it look good with those shiny star effect you added recently

-The night alterations in general are lazy, last minute and ugly because.
1. The black animated clouds are ontop of the crystallized cloud which IS WHITE? wuhhh? make both black! Its so off putting seeing a mix of colours that aren’t meant for each other.

2. The lightning could have been A LOT smoothly animated.

3. Clouds usually light up when brushed against lightning streaks. Like so. http://www.eo.ucar.edu/kids/dangerwx/images/clouds%20looming2.jpeg

If twilight had similar problems they would have 5 teams working on how to make it right…

Still I feel bad for the ones not happy about the change. The OP suggested a choice of looks for Meteorlogicus. If they give us one, I don’t believe it should be as the OP stated it should either be the old one or the new and then you are stuck with what you choose.

Your logic hurts my brain. I want them to make meteorlogicus better. I don’t want them to make it worse but give them gimmicks. It should only be improvement and not lazy editing. No matter what ANYONE says, the design on night time was pure laziness.

(edited by Hanako.1827)

in Suggestions

Hamartia.3421

@Hanako.

Almost every post I’ve seen defending the Purple has been from a Mesmer.

There is enough purple in this game. Not everything has to be a Mesmer weapon.

in Suggestions

Posted by: effybuttonmoon.4607

effybuttonmoon.4607

<— Necro defending the purple. Although, i do think it should have been a cooler shade of purple, almost blue to better represent the night sky themes. Indigo, i think it’s called.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hanako.1827

Hanako.1827

<— Necro defending the purple. Although, i do think it should have been a cooler shade of purple, almost blue to better represent the night sky themes. Indigo, i think it’s called.

Quip is a pure purple weapon. If you want purple go get something purple. It should not be the scepter we all wanted because it had great effects that synced with the colour BLUE. At night it should still not be any shade of purple, a very dark blue would be better since it works well with the night theme and new stars they added would go great with it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: mons.1386

mons.1386

I am a necro and really like the way meteorologicus is now.I have no problem with its new colors.
People are complaining about the purple but want a half purple trail back…Some people really don’t know what they want indeed…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gilburt.9146

Gilburt.9146

Probably the best solution would be to allow people to select which affects they would like to be active on their legendary. Players could enable/disable the foot effects, enable/disable the day/night transition, enable/disable projectile effects, etc. They would just have to add an interface similar to the one that allows players to choose the stats (though I can’t say how difficult this would be to do).

Personally, though, I love everything about the new Meteorlogicus, but I think it would be awesome if Anet gave player’s more options to customize their legendary.

Brother Gilburt – Guard / Agent Gilburt – Thief

in Suggestions

Vyko.6953

Personally, though, I love everything about the new Meteorlogicus, but I think it would be awesome if Anet gave player’s more options to customize their legendary.

So you love that it has no longer the trail?

#ELEtism

in Suggestions

Hamartia.3421

I am a necro and really like the way meteorologicus is now.I have no problem with its new colors.
People are complaining about the purple but want a half purple trail back…Some people really don’t know what they want indeed…

There is a reason I ordered the Meteorlogicus complaints in order of priority. I put the purple issue LAST because it is not a universal opinion.

The blue/purple trail was tasteful, with a subtle purple shade that complemented the blue trail. It did not change the whole weapon to be purple.

I do, in fact, know precisely what I want, which is why I have a very clear forum post about it. =)

I understand that a lot of players will LOVF the new options— that is why I’m not trying to take it away from anyone. I just think that ANet has done such a good job providing so much art for Meteorlogicus that it has essentially become two weapons— like Twilight and Sunrise.

I personally want the Sunrise version exclusively. Other players may want it to default to “Eternity”, like it does now, and perhaps some people want it to only be Twilight.

I would be wholly satisfied with the weapon forevermore if Anet gave us the choice.

in Suggestions

Lothirieth.3408

So you like that the stowed daytime glow was removed (yet it still glows at night.. big discrepancy there, dontcha think?) and the trail removed?

I play a necro and I know exactly what I want thank you very much. I want those two things returned.

in Suggestions

jheryn.8390

Your logic hurts my brain. I want them to make meteorlogicus better. I don’t want them to make it worse but give them gimmicks. It should only be improvement and not lazy editing. No matter what ANYONE says, the design on night time was pure laziness.

You can have your opinion and that is fine. But not all of us agree with you. Your opinion of ‘making meteorlogicus better’ isn’t everyone’s. It is just what you want to see or what you think is bad that makes you think that it ‘needs’ to be better.

I like the new version of the weapon. I don’t care for the footfalls, but the effects, coloring and everything else I think are great. And yes I had the weapon before the switch.

ANet did what they thought made the weapon look better and that is what they gave us. I get that some liked it as it was before. You saying they are making it worse by giving us gimmicks is purely your opinion. It is obvious that others share that opinion, but many do not.

My suggestion was just that, a suggestion. If ANet asked 100 of us what we thought the perfect look and effect for Meteorlogicus would be, they would get 100 different answers. They cannot please everyone. So they did what they thought was good.

So if my logic hurts your brain, that is a two way street. Your selfish logic makes me want to hurl.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

As a future Meteorlogicus owner (bought Storm after I read the announced changes), I’m saddened the trail/glow when stowed is gone. Those were some of the things I liked about it.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

in Suggestions

Hamartia.3421

You can have your opinion and that is fine. But not all of us agree with you. Your opinion of ‘making meteorlogicus better’ isn’t everyone’s. It is just what you want to see or what you think is bad that makes you think that it ‘needs’ to be better.

I like the new version of the weapon. I don’t care for the footfalls, but the effects, coloring and everything else I think are great. And yes I had the weapon before the switch.

ANet did what they thought made the weapon look better and that is what they gave us. I get that some liked it as it was before. You saying they are making it worse by giving us gimmicks is purely your opinion. It is obvious that others share that opinion, but many do not.

My suggestion was just that, a suggestion. If ANet asked 100 of us what we thought the perfect look and effect for Meteorlogicus would be, they would get 100 different answers. They cannot please everyone. So they did what they thought was good.

So if my logic hurts your brain, that is a two way street. Your selfish logic makes me want to hurl.

a) I have not heard anyone say they DON’T want the trail returned.

b) Not glowing when sheathed during daytime is clearly a bug.

c) These footsteps clearly are kinda crappy.

d.) Sure, the rest is opinion.

However, a lot of us invested MONTHS OF OUR TIME making a Legendary weapon because it LOOKED A CERTAIN WAY. They changed the way it looks after we had already made it. That is why it is not fair.

I’m not saying ANYWHERE that they should take away your weapon. I’m saying they should give those of us who want it the OPTION to look more like the original Meteorlogicus.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

I guess Anet really shouldn’t have changed any legendary skins with all this complaining.

If you crafted it, you were obviously satisfied with it’s current status.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Suggestions

jheryn.8390

[SNIP]

[SNIP]

However, a lot of us invested MONTHS OF OUR TIME making a Legendary weapon because it LOOKED A CERTAIN WAY. They changed the way it looks after we had already made it. That is why it is not fair.

I’m not saying ANYWHERE that they should take away your weapon. I’m saying they should give those of us who want it the OPTION to look more like the original Meteorlogicus.

Um, if you would bother to look, I wasn’t quoting you, unless you have two different names you are posting under.

But to address your points.

a) Did I say anything about not wanting the trail returned? My opinion on the trail is I don’t care if they bring it back or not. It was just OK, in my opinion.

b) Then I suppose they will fix it if it is.

c) I agree. I said that in my original message.

d) Yes it is.

Yes a lot of US invested a lot of time and effort into creating this Legendary. I am one of those included in US. I liked the way it looked then, I like the way it looks now. I also said in my original post that I completely felt sorry for those who wanted it the old way and said I wished ANet would give us the choice of the old or the new. And did I ever indicate ANYWHERE that someone though they should take my weapon away? What in the world are you talking about?

Maybe before you start raging on me you should see who I actually quoted and read what I had written on this subject before. You might not get so bent out of shape that way.

in Suggestions

Hamartia.3421

[SNIP]

[SNIP]

Um, if you would bother to look, I wasn’t quoting you, unless you have two different names you are posting under.

But to address your points.

a) Did I say anything about not wanting the trail returned? My opinion on the trail is I don’t care if they bring it back or not. It was just OK, in my opinion.

b) Then I suppose they will fix it if it is.

c) I agree. I said that in my original message.

d) Yes it is.

Yes a lot of US invested a lot of time and effort into creating this Legendary. I am one of those included in US. I liked the way it looked then, I like the way it looks now. I also said in my original post that I completely felt sorry for those who wanted it the old way and said I wished ANet would give us the choice of the old or the new. And did I ever indicate ANYWHERE that someone though they should take my weapon away? What in the world are you talking about?

Maybe before you start raging on me you should see who I actually quoted and read what I had written on this subject before. You might not get so bent out of shape that way.

You’re absolutely right. My bad. I took your reply as more of a general response and didn’t realize you were the same person who had posted above.

I didn’t intend to come across as raging, though, I was just responding point by point.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gburzak.7035

Gburzak.7035

I guess Anet really shouldn’t have changed any legendary skins with all this complaining.

And that last sentence, basically, sums this up. Many people made the Meteorlogicus because they liked how it looked. And those of them who don’t like the new look feel cheated. Myself included.

in Suggestions

Hamartia.3421

And that last sentence, basically, sums this up. Many people made the Meteorlogicus because they liked how it looked. And those of them who don’t like the new look feel cheated. Myself included.

I think stuff like the Texture and daytime glow improvements were great ideas.

But wholesale changing the aesthetic of a weapon makes no sense.

in Suggestions

Posted by: iriyabran.6218

iriyabran.6218

If only it wasn’t for the purple.
If it was dark blue that actually looks like night and a moon I doubt there would’ve been so much whining. :| Also the trail was cool even though I didn’t like the half that was purple the effect itself was cool.

in Suggestions

Posted by: timos.6754

timos.6754

I like what they did with new meteo… but that the trail dosent work preperly just sucks… if they fix the trail and the footsteps it would be complete as a legendary after my opinion..

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ekleipsis.4820

Ekleipsis.4820

Personally, I quite like Meteorlogicus as it is now. Initially I thought the blue/purple trail was gone at first, or buggy, but then realised it was just part of the night/day cycle – and while it would be cute to always have the trail, it’s actually a nice indication of the night cycle occurring when the trail doesn’t appear.

As for the disappearing passive glow effect.. I’ve only seen that happen when I’ve afk or been out of combat for some time.

http://youtu.be/Y9PPY8LEs3Y

in Suggestions

Lothirieth.3408

So this was moved to the suggestions forum?

Does this suggest that these aren’t bugs and the way the weapon is currently functioning is really WAI?

Would be really, really lovely if we could know.

in Suggestions

Vyko.6953

Does this suggest that these aren’t bugs and the way the weapon is currently functioning is really WAI?

Exactly. I NEED to know if the disappering trail is just a bug (because it is visible if you log in during the night). And if it is, I want to know if they are working on it!

#ELEtism

in Suggestions

Hamartia.3421

Honestly I don’t take mod-behavior to be indicative of anything, since mods don’t actually have much contact with the actual game designers (no offense meant).

Most likely, a mod just got bored of GW2 discussion having whining. :P

in Suggestions

Hamartia.3421

I didn’t expect these issues to go unfixed for so long. I really figured trail and sheathe glow would be in one of the hotfixes….

in Suggestions

Posted by: Helenorz.2547

Helenorz.2547

I still wish the Meteorlogicus kept its concept art look though. I’m on my way to to make me one now that i finally got myself The Storm.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Caitlin.8465

Caitlin.8465

I really hope they’re planning on fixing the no sheathed glow and no trail issues. I have everything to make one right now. I really want to, but if these things aren’t returned, I’m not sure that it’s worth it.

in Suggestions

Hamartia.3421

I really hope they’re planning on fixing the no sheathed glow and no trail issues. I have everything to make one right now. I really want to, but if these things aren’t returned, I’m not sure that it’s worth it.

Yup, its a really bleh compared to what it could be…. just current day scepter with old trail… bam, beautiful.

in Suggestions

Hamartia.3421

Can’t believe this wasn’t fixed today.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Caitlin.8465

Caitlin.8465

Can’t believe this wasn’t fixed today.

Same. I was really crossing my fingers. I can’t understand why this hasn’t been fixed. Either they really don’t give a kitten about making people happy or aren’t even aware of what they did because they do not read the forums much.

in Suggestions

Vyko.6953

please support this:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Meteorlogicus-bugged/first#post2831564

I screened all mteorlogicus bugs and descripted them in pitures.

They dont read sugestions very much but they do read bugs (most replies from devs are in bug section)!

#ELEtism